Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities (9717 Views)

Poll: Would swearing by our deities/irunmole work for our governance

Yes, It will definitely work: 85% (91 votes)
No, It can never work: 14% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

African Ancient Deities Vs Western God / Who Is The Most Powerful Pastor/prophet In Nigeria Be Host Pls / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
I guess the anti-spam bot banned me. That I understand. I do not understand is why my post Mr moderators excluded. I missed someone I respect? I used a dirty word? I ask the moderators an explanation.

@nakedall: No responsibility is reducing the rulers.
But the Judeo-Christian god and the Islamist, who has given help?
In Africa brainwashing installed and tithing ...
Europeans and Arabs played a role of "civilizing" of "saviors of Africa." They are really those who have enslaved forever.

@some-girl : You're serious? Their ancestors were invaded and enslaved. invaders fought with guns, blessed by Allah or Jesus Christ.
Why do you blame the gods of that? Why you so badly judged their ancestors?
Landless Jews lived for a long time. Were killed and humiliated many times, do not forget the second world war!, The Arabs lost their land in favor of his worst enemy you remember what happened in Iraq ... WHAT did the Jewish-Christian Jews? What did Allah by the Iraqis?
You want to blame the African gods than did Europeans and Arabs, but you forget that the Arab Christian God and his children were also slaves.
It was not a good argument.
You will be imposed on Allah or Jesus Christ, and you knelt and kissed the feet of the colonists, in the name of Allah or Christ the King!

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2012
arimahoseloka: why dont u allow almighty GOD to do his job? who told you he hasn't done anything... your doubt will be cleared on the last day!!!!!!!
I agree with you.
That God "Almighty" has already done much ...
That God saw the colonization of Africa, the enslavement of their children ... In fact that God and his church believed that blacks had no souls.
That god was imposed on Africa, an Africa that has oil but has no electricity ... that has the highest infant mortality rate in the world ...
Please ... that God does nothing.
Enough.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by OlaAjia(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
It will never matter what god(s) our leaders swear an oath on. What will make a difference would be having an effective law enforcement. If this happens, even when they don't swear on anything, let them try being corrupt and watch how the law catches up with them!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
The immoral will not stop committing crimes for fear of the gods.
Think that would be a mistake.
But it would be positive thinking, positive changes occur in the philosophy and morals of the people back to the roots, to recover the ethical sense that had the old traditions.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by tchaik(m): 11:52pm On Jun 13, 2012
I don't know why d moderator is removing/hiding some posts! I have seen some threads where bigots and fanatics are mauling each,yet they are allowed to continue their ranting! Pls, let us have an open mind, if you are a pastor, there are many other Topics to view!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by myfriend1(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2012
i did not support you, what i am clamouring for is good and quality education. in britain things were parfectly done there, why ?, i believe and i know is the quality of education they dish out to their children who will rule the whole world. a british will spend milions of pounds on education, they never bother to leave 15 houses for their children, on our own part we want our children to inherit 50 houses in lekki, 40 houses in vgc. my brother how are we going to sove this problem ?. no other way tnan we should start giving our children good education and forget about import culture we called religion. thanks for now.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by redjasper1: 3:02am On Jun 16, 2012
ghostofsparta:
Even African americans who are into Ifa and orisha worship will tell you that 'believe it or not, it gonna happen'.

The day we embrace and serve our traditional Gods is the day when we can begin to look forward to real change brother.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by emixmasters(m): 4:33am On Jun 16, 2012
this topic came to mind when i watched this video titled Only in africa @
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by AnotherOkija: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2012
emixmasters: this topic came to mind when i watched this video titled Only in africa @

http://hitsnshit.com/?p=1044

Light will always win darkness.

If you believe that video is real.... Then I weep for you...
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
emixmasters: this topic came to mind when i watched this video titled Only in africa @

Since I the video is unable to stream on my phone...what's it about?
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2012

A farce. Such advertisements are inspired by the Nazi publicity of the Second World War, and is very common to see fans used by Christian groups.
The pastor seems an English Lord ... Watch your vest ... is a symbol of worship of colonialists ... A black would have liked to be white ...
Regrettable.
An example of Africa that still wants to live on your knees ...
Precisely, this points to this thread ..
Against corrupt politicians and religious, as the pastor.
Live Africa Free!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by peterphd(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2013
There'll be so many dead men but how can one swear by a god that isn't of his origin? Does ayilala have power over an idoma person or even a white man? @ghostofsparta
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Rossikk(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
some-girl:
Where were these deities when people who served them were sold, captured and transported in the most horrific conditions to a strange land?
Why didn't they strike the white masters, who castrated, amputated and raped their slaves, dead. I'm certain relatives of the captured would have offered sacrifices and prayed to these gods to be with their loved ones.
Relatives of priests must have been captured as well.
How come no one has seen them "perform" in ways that leave no doubt that it is indeed their work? Not speculation that an illness is from say sango but someone swearing falsely at its temple and being struck down immediately.

Funnily, people who believe/ believed in these deities are the most backward in almost every sense, take Africans, Australian aboriginals and Melasians for example.

Why haven't their "powers" helped Africa become the centre of invention and innovation?

Perhaps fear could cause some leaders to behave but many don't believe in these things.

Rubbish. All religions claim some sort of powers for their gods. Does your 'Jesus' not claim you can move mountains if only you believe? Oya go move mountain make we see na? Your bible even claims far many more miracles and magic occurrences than any African or Melanasian religion. including folks walking on water, rising from the dead, raising the dead, flying 'up' to heaven, virgins giving birth, men living inside whales for 40 days, men splitting oceans apart with walking stick, 'angels' flying around etc etc. Not ONE of these claims has ever been proven true.

That must mean YOU are the most backward on earth for following such a religion.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by macof(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
ZUBY77: I dont trust anything that demands for my soul and that includes orisha

African Gods don't ask for anybody's soul. Na u get ur soul, nobody is after it
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by macof(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
some-girl:
Where were these deities when people who served them were sold, captured and transported in the most horrific conditions to a strange land?
Why didn't they strike the white masters, who castrated, amputated and raped their slaves, dead. I'm certain relatives of the captured would have offered sacrifices and prayed to these gods to be with their loved ones.
Relatives of priests must have been captured as well.
How come no one has seen them "perform" in ways that leave no doubt that it is indeed their work? Not speculation that an illness is from say sango but someone swearing falsely at its temple and being struck down immediately.

Funnily, people who believe/ believed in these deities are the most backward in almost every sense, take Africans, Australian aboriginals and Melasians for example.

Why haven't their "powers" helped Africa become the centre of invention and innovation?

Perhaps fear could cause some leaders to behave but many don't believe in these things.

Foolish ignorant no-knowledge individual

Where was Yahweh when Israel suffered for 400years in Kemet?
Where was Yahweh when Israel lost everything(including they spiritual knowledge and origin spirituality) in Babylon?
Where was Yahweh when the tribes of Israel scattered around the world running from their unfriutful land, which Yahweh had failed to keep fruitful?
Where was Yahweh when Hitler murdered millions of Jews?

Anybody who believes Yahweh is powerful most be in the group of the most backward people in the world

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by macof(m): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Princessaleeza: They can also av there way,bribe d Ifas,Orunmila & odas.

No, Ifa cannot be bribed. Orunmila cannot be bribed either. You know nothing about paganism
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

No, Ifa cannot be bribed. Orunmila cannot be bribed either. You know nothing about paganism

Please we shouldn't assume all paganism are the same by nature and outlook. You should have typed: You know nothing about Yoruba paganism. Truth be told the word paganism among several terms I hate to use because of their continual usage of it to connote evil, infidel, Satan, demon, juju etc. If you study my post in recent time, you will notice I use energy/forces/entities instead of spirit (because I don't believe in spirit), ancestral believe system instead of pagansim etc. Yoruba Advanced Science instead of juju or charm. I only use those alternatives when they more expresses an explanation given the context. We should not retain word taggings that have grown to be associated with the misconception of the true meaning of the native concept. For instance we don't the equivalent of demon in Yoruba, but today, even some pagan/traditional practitioners who have been persistently influenced by foreign religion, would tell you, if you ask, that an anjonu (an arabic revamped term derived from Al-jinn, inserted into the Yoruba vocab through Islam) is responsible for the function of certain jaz. Some christianly influenced one would say spirit.

peterphd: There'll be so many dead men but how can one swear by a god that isn't of his origin? Does ayilala have power over an idoma person or even a white man? @ghostofsparta

If we can't use our native namings for them, I believe the best and closest we can use from the English language is deity.

If I, a Yoruba swore an oath by an Igbira or a Calabar deity, or even at the presence of both. I believe I'm bind by the vows contained in my speech to them. But, however as it seems, it's like many of the deities whom are native to various ethnicity, possess higher level of authority within themselves. For instance, Ayilala, who is native and unique to certain locale, and responds to cases within the premise of, mostly indignation, can affect any human irrespective of race, ethnicity and tribe. But, since she's an Orisha would be less powerful if compared to the Orisha Irunmole: Ogun and or Shango whom are both vindictive and virulent to the effect of their approach to indignation and retribution. Researches to learn more about the nature, level of authorities and preciseness of Yoruban deities, I still do, but it's isn't easy I must say. Hope I answered your question.

NB: if I were a Idoma I'd say Idoma Advanced Sciences. I'm saying this so as to not insinuate only the Yorubas have African Advanced Sciences known to the majority erroneously as juju.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Rossikk:

Rubbish. All religions claim some sort of powers for their gods. Does your 'Jesus' not claim you can move mountains if only you believe? Oya go move mountain make we see na? Your bible even claims far many more miracles and magic occurrences than any African or Melanasian religion. including folks walking on water, rising from the dead, raising the dead, flying 'up' to heaven, virgins giving birth, men living inside whales for 40 days, men splitting oceans apart with walking stick, 'angels' flying around etc etc. Not ONE of these claims has ever been proven true.

That must mean YOU are the most backward on earth for following such a religion.

Guy, Abrahamic religions aside. With juju those feats are more than possible. If you no gree....oya here: https://www.nairaland.com/1510778/all-atheists-once-all. Hopw you won't do as logicboy03 and his mate did.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Double post
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by peterphd(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
ghostofsparta:

Please we shouldn't assume all paganism are the same by nature and outlook. You should have typed: You know nothing about Yoruba paganism. Truth be told the word paganism among several terms I hate to use because of their continual usage of it to connote evil, infidel, Satan, demon, juju etc. If you study my post in recent time, you will notice I use energy/forces/entities instead of spirit (because I don't believe in spirit), ancestral believe system instead of pagansim etc. Yoruba Advanced Science instead of juju or charm. I only use those alternatives when they more expresses an explanation given the context. We should not retain word taggings that have grown to be associated with the misconception of the true meaning of the native concept. For instance we don't the equivalent of demon in Yoruba, but today, even some pagan/traditional practitioners who have been persistently influenced by foreign religion, would tell you, if you ask, that an anjonu (an arabic revamped term derived from Al-jinn, inserted into the Yoruba vocab through Islam) is responsible for the function of certain jaz. Some christianly influenced one would say spirit.

If we can't use our native namings for them, I believe the best and closest we can use from the English language is deity.

If I, a Yoruba swore an oath by an Igbira or a Calabar deity, or even at the presence of both. I believe I'm bind by the vows contained in my speech to them. But, however as it seems, it's like many of the deities whom are native to various ethnicity, possess higher level of authority within themselves. For instance, Ayilala, who is native and unique to certain locale, and responds to cases within the premise of, mostly indignation, can affect any human irrespective of race, ethnicity and tribe. But, since she's an Orisha would be less powerful if compared to the Orisha Irunmole: Ogun and or Shango whom are both vindictive and virulent to the effect of their approach to indignation and retribution. Researches to learn more about the nature, level of authorities and preciseness of Yoruban deities, I still do, but it's isn't easy I must say. Hope I answered your question.

NB: if I were a Idoma I'd say Idoma Advanced Sciences. I'm saying this so as to not insinuate only the Yorubas have African Advanced Sciences known to the majority erroneously as juju.
Answered. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.