Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You (10751 Views)

Egyptian DNA Tests / Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) / Dna Test Confirms I Share 87% Nigerian Dna 84% Yoruba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by anonymous6(f): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2012
buzzedoffbeauty: Should I remove the picture, seems I am too dark and it's become offensive to some...

No you are beautiful, leave your picture

2 Likes

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by firestar(f): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2012
Why? If you come to Nigeria in native attire, you could almost get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by DaRapture: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
buzzedoffbeauty: Should I remove the picture, seems I am too dark and it's become offensive to some...

No the issue wasn't about your skin tone, but rather your actual facial features. I mean, you look VERY, VERY Yoruba, and that just isn't that common of a look among AA do to the fact of that so few Yoruba were brought to the US. But the fact of that you've mentioned that your family is from MISS, now really brings to light the situation. When the US purchased the Louisiana Territory from the French, the demand for slave shot through the roof in the nation, and to fill this demand loads of slaves were bought second hand from the Caribbean and South America, many of these slaves were Yoruba in which were in high demand and numbers in South America and the Caribbean and Hausa, who were, for the most part considered useless to most slave owners for various reasons, so they were sold off for pretty much dirt cheap prices in wholesale. Over 95% of the very few AA with Hausa and or Yoruba descent, families come from the Gulf region.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by 2mch(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2012

Dont mind the idi*ot darapture that talks out of his as*s about what he does not know. He is same as you, African American and has no idea what he is talking about. All the statistics he throws about are all made up in his mind, and that of his psychotic igbo wife who feeds his crazy mind with crap. Each tribe in Nigeria has its dark beauties, just like any regular African country. We go from dark to light brown or what you will call brown suede. Anything beyond that has been bleached, or albino. Now, Hausa people are the darkest in Nigeria. This is a fact. Be proud of your complexion it says a lot about who you are and there is dignity in being dark and beautiful. Dont let this mentally challenged person, whose wife is probably a bleacher, with obvious complex issues spoil your day.He has no idea what he is talking about. In a life time his wife can never have this dark beauty or be as fine as you. Look up Hausa's, you have more of their features, and they are beautiful people. Have a nice day. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2012
buzzedofbeauty

You actually look very Yoruba. I would say the ancestry painting hit the mark. You have your typical Yoruba girl look.

if you didn't inform us you are AA, I would have assumed you are Yoruba.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 9:05am On Jun 16, 2012
2mch:

Dont mind the idi*ot darapture that talks out of his as*s about what he does not know. He is same as you, African American and has no idea what he is talking about. All the statistics he throws about are all made up in his mind, and that of his psychotic igbo wife who feeds his crazy mind with crap. Each tribe in Nigeria has its dark beauties, just like any regular African country. We go from dark to light brown or what you will call brown suede. Anything beyond that has been bleached, or albino. Now, Hausa people are the darkest in Nigeria. This is a fact. Be proud of your complexion it says a lot about who you are and there is dignity in being dark and beautiful. Dont let this mentally challenged person, whose wife is probably a bleacher, with obvious complex issues spoil your day.He has no idea what he is talking about. In a life time his wife can never have this dark beauty or be as fine as you. Look up Hausa's, you have more of their features, and they are beautiful people. Have a nice day. kiss

SMH. To disrespect another man's wife just over a disagreement you had with him online is one of the dumbest and coward sh1t a person can do. You've never met his wife yet you deem it okay to attack a woman you have not met. Pathetic, some people take no shame in their self on this forum it seems.

3 Likes

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 9:08am On Jun 16, 2012
tpia@:
she actually looks igbo.

maybe she should redo the test, at a different location.

personally, i'd consider her carribean.

I noticed something about you tpia.

You deem those that do not look yoruba as a yoruba look but the ones that do look yoruba as a non-yoruba look. Interesting
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by DaRapture: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
One_Naira:

You deem those that do not look yoruba as a yoruba look but the ones that do look yoruba as a non-yoruba look. Interesting

Typical Tpia old azz, senile behavior.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by tpia5: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
DaRapture:

Typical Tpia old azz, senile behavior.
your mama

2 Likes

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by tpia5: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
One_Naira:

where did i do the above? Kindly post links. As per this particular photo, look through pictures of igbo girls even on this very site, and you'll see the resemblance. The girl doesnt look yoruba- her features are igbo. Most of you are going by her skin colour, not her features. If you take time to study her bone structure, you'll see what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by PhysicsQED(m): 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
lol, for whatever reason nobody wants to claim her. I don't understand it. She looks fine and I don't think she has a particularly "ethnic" look about her that could even indicate what group in West Africa she comes from (excluding a few groups like Fulani probably), not to talk of which specific Nigerian group she's from.

@buzzedoffbeauty

If you had posted a picture of yourself smiling pleasantly, looking more joyful or with the most angelic expression a person can have, rather than the expression in that picture, which is kind of okay, but which honestly also kind of looks like you're staring vacuously ahead into nothing, I don't think all this back and forth would have occurred. Anyway, congratulations on finding out about your African ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by tpia5: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
^she found out about her "african" ancestry?

is she white?
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by dasparrow: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2012

No, you are not too dark. I don't even know what that is suppose to mean. black is beautiful and you are pretty and unique. God who created you does not make mistakes. Don't mind all the negative posts here especially from darapture. He is an ethnocentric black american male and discriminates shamelessly against Nigerians who are yoruba and also people of yoruba descent. He also has an inferiority complex and many years ago went from one Nigerian forum to the next announcing to anyone who cared to listen that he has european (Irish I believe) blood in him and what not. He talks down at African features and darker skin tones. I don't know why he is still lingering around here on nairaland, a Nigerian forum. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by queensmith: 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
Has anybody studied genetics can they explain how this thing works to me? I hate to be such a skeptic but it sounds too much like a scam, how is someone going to know where they are from through dna? Especially since its highly unlikey the generations before that person didn't breed with people of like origin.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by PhysicsQED(m): 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
tpia@:
^she found out about her "african" ancestry?

is she white?

If I had added the word "more", as in "finding out more about her African ancestry", could this snide remark have been avoided? grin

I don't always phrase things perfectly. Sue me. cheesy
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
tpia@:
where did i do the above? Kindly post links. As per this particular photo, look through pictures of igbo girls even on this very site, and you'll see the resemblance. The girl doesnt look yoruba- her features are igbo. Most of you are going by her skin colour, not her features. If you take time to study her bone structure, you'll see what i mean.

she looks yoruba though.

the blog is weird btw.
https://www.nairaland.com/761575/beauty-eastern-nigerian-women/21

^^she looks 100% yoruba.

not like your own which in any case could also be a middle belt look or something

check the girl properly- she doesnt look igbo unless she has photos showing that from another angle.
https://www.nairaland.com/449513/igbo-girls-most-beautiful-girls/13

she looks yoruba in this other photo [probably why you're so smitten with her ], though she also looks senegalese.

the hair is good but hey, tame it sweetie
https://www.nairaland.com/449513/igbo-girls-most-beautiful-girls/7#6161600

orry to burst your bubble but she looks Yoruba if you check her features carefully and ignore the light skin.

By Lagos Brazilian I mean is her dad a Lagosian of Brazilain heritage.
https://www.nairaland.com/262461/how-she-half-brazilian#3743887

I didnot see the picture of the girl in the second link but for the others I saw their pictures. Though they do not look yoruba yet you mentioned they look Yoruba.

In regards to everything else, I'm not sure how others were classifying her but in respect to me the girl looks yoruba, not just her skintone but her facials. Go to youtube and type in Naija tag, most of the women that identified themselves as yoruba literally can pass of as siblings or relative of the OP. Even some women in south western beauty resembles her alot. The OP and titi lokei have almost similar facial features except titi is more oval than Op's. It is somewhat sad, the girl came on NL to mention her discovery, people that aren't Yoruba told her she looks yoruba which from I can see she took pride from it but yet for some reason best known to you all are finding some form of insult from others identifying her as looking yoruba. One even went to extent of posting picture that I guess suppose to not have a "typical yoruba" look even though in my eyes, they all looked it lightskin or not just to disprove what others are saying. One said she looks hausa while you saying she looks igbo. You know what I don't know whether it is low-self esteem but whatever it is, it is sad because the op came with happiness to seek support, only to be stomped in process. You can call her igbo-looking as long as it pleases you but this low-esteem sh1t I'm watching in this thread is sad.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by Rednose: 4:57am On Jun 17, 2012
[quote author=buzzedoffbeauty][/quote] ...yorubas are very nice people... Not so, in my opinion people are nice because of who they are (personality) and not because of their tribe or race. I'm yoruba, grew up among yorubas and wonder why they are cruel to each other irrespective of class or religion. I admire the yoruba culture, however I won't call yorubas nice people.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by aljharem(m): 5:12am On Jun 17, 2012
Rednose: ...yorubas are very nice people... Not so, in my opinion people are nice because of who they are (personality) and not because of their tribe or race. I'm yoruba, grew up among yorubas and wonder why they are cruel to each other irrespective of class or religion. I admire the yoruba culture, however I won't call yorubas nice people.

So you mean you register 2 minutes ago just to post that rubbish ? No YOU ARE NOT YORUBA, you are probably another Igbo bigot on this site.

If you are yoruba and I know you not reply to this.

E bo ni ile awon irun e wa ? Idi ile wo ni ?

Also translate this, Opobo gbo bo gbo be, Opobo gbo gbo si enu, ti obobo o ma tete gbo bo gbo gbe, Obo o gbe gbo gbe

Rubbish lying scum.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by aljharem(m): 5:14am On Jun 17, 2012
Igbo people, SMH.

The MOST TRIBALISTIC ethnocentric people I have ever encountered on nairaland
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by mrman2(m): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2012
Kaaboo si orilede Nigeria.
And you shall be called OMOSALEWA.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
alj harem: Igbo people, SMH.

The MOST TRIBALISTIC ethnocentric people I have ever encountered on nairaland

This coming from the most tribalistic man on NL. Ironically not Igbo.

Oxymoron
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by tpia5: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
One naira

Not sure what you're saying. I guess you feel yorubas have one specific look and thus you dont make room for anything else. I posted photos of two other yoruba women on another thread yesterday, will repost them soon. You'll probably want to say they're not yoruba. In any case, as per this thread, check the igbo women thread again from page one, and you'll see what i'm talking about as per this particular op. If i make the actual comparisons now and mention names, all of you will take offence.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2012
queensmith: Has anybody studied genetics can they explain how this thing works to me? I hate to be such a skeptic but it sounds too much like a scam, how is someone going to know where they are from through dna? Especially since its highly unlikey the generations before that person didn't breed with people of like origin.

I actually wanted to reply to you before leaving earlier but I forgot to. I have taken genetics and yes you are correct, this is scam. Every human have different gene which separates us from one another and yes their are genes found within others than no-other group might or might not poses. An example is Haplogroup J. It predominately a Jewish DNA and it rare to find those without their DNA whom holds the same gene. DNA have the ability to inform someone what part of the world they descend from. For example Europeans and African DNA differ though one or two groups destroy the norm. Exhibit A: Haplogroup R1b found predominately in European but it is also found in Central Africa. The central africans with this gene aren't of mixed heritage by the way.
With that being said, yes to identify what part of the continent a person descended from is possible, the specific haplogroup a person poseses is possible, diseases you might have in the near future possible but to identify specifically what ethnic group the said person in question descended from is nothing but guess work. Yes it can provide a ball park of where, east, west, central, etc africa, specifically the person in question descended from but everything else is guess work. The highest recorded Igbo male haplogroup is E1b1a1a1f1a. Though this is high among igbo, it is also high among Khosian of South African, ibibio/annang and efik of Nigeria, Gur of Burinka Faso, etc. The highest recorded Yoruba male haplogroup is E1b1a1a1f1a1 and it is found in predominately west african group like mandinka of senegal, wolof of senegal, Bamileke of Cameroon, etc. While for maternal gene, the highest recorded for Igbo women are Haplogroup L1b and it is also found in Senegal, Akan of Ghana, lemba of Zimbabwe, etc. With that being said even people within each group, the gene differ. I know an Igbo girl from 23and me whose haplogroup MTDNA is L1b(text-book igbo mtdna) while at the same time I know some whom had L1c, L1b1a2, l2 and one even had L3c (a rarity).
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by OneNaira6: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
tpia@:
One naira

Not sure what you're saying. I guess you feel yorubas have one specific look and thus you dont make room for anything else. I posted photos of two other yoruba women on another thread yesterday, will repost them soon. You'll probably want to say they're not yoruba. In any case, as per this thread, check the igbo women thread again from page one, and you'll see what i'm talking about as per this particular op. If i make the actual comparisons now and mention names, all of you will take offence.

I have not seen the women in question therefore how can you identify how I, emphasis on I, would implicate them. It is the same occurrence where you assumed I thought the OP looked yoruba because of her skin-tone and not facials without first asking me.

Anyway as I said before, you guys can call her whatever ethnicity looking group you want as long as it makes una happy. She's igbo looking, she's Hausa looking, she can even be south african looking, whatever. SMH
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by DaRapture: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
2mch:

LOL @ this curios George Yorubutt gay, chimping out in here. Bitch, calm your monkey azz down and get a grip, you sound angered over the fact of that she looks Yoruba, and me telling her just how uncommon that is among us AA. I said nothing about skin tone or state that anyone was ugly. Your anger is clearly based upon your consumed feelings of insecurity, and internally felt inferiority of your people's common appearance, in relation to other Nigerian groups, such as the Igbo.

Like someone has mentioned about your Aunti, Tpia, you folks have actually succumbed to the idea of that your features are inferior to those of other groups, so much so... that whenever someone states that a person looks Yoruba, you actually take that as to mean that that person making the comment is insinuating that the talked about individual is ugly. How pathetic and shallow of a mindset you have.

2 Likes

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by 2mch(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
DaRapture:

LOL @ this curios George Yorubutt gay, chimping out in here. Bitch, calm your monkey azz down and get a grip, you sound angered over the fact of that she looks Yoruba, and me telling her just how uncommon that is among us AA. I said nothing about skin tone or state that anyone was ugly. Your anger is clearly based upon your consumed feelings of insecurity, and internally felt inferiority of your people's common appearance, in relation to other Nigerian groups, such as the Igbo.

Like someone has mentioned about your Aunti, Tpia, you folks have actually succumbed to the idea of that your features are inferior to those of other groups, so much so... that whenever someone states that a person looks Yoruba, you actually take that as to mean that that person making the comment is insinuating that the talked about individual is ugly. How pathetic and shallow of a mindset you have.

Farcking akata, what do you know? Person without an identity or culture spewing trash from his straight jacket in the psychiatirc ward. hahaha, OP i have proved my point. This idi*ot is a psycho, with his psychotic Igbo wife. You start to see the trend in the way they hate themselves and their believe that if they are light skinned they are somewhat "good looking". I can assure you that his wife looks like a peeled pig.
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by queensmith: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2012
DaRapture:

Like someone has mentioned about your Aunti, Tpia, you folks have actually succumbed to the idea of that your features are inferior to those of other groups, so much so... [b]that whenever someone states that a person looks Yoruba, you actually take that as to mean that that person making the comment is insinuating that the talked about individual is ugly. [/b]How pathetic and shallow of a mindset you have.

To an extent this is actually true- Quite insulting actually, but it's yoruba people (like me) that say it!
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by queensmith: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
One_Naira:

I actually wanted to reply to you before leaving earlier but I forgot to. I have taken genetics and yes you are correct, this is scam. Every human have different gene which separates us from one another and yes their are genes found within others than no-other group might or might not poses. An example is Haplogroup J. It predominately a Jewish DNA and it rare to find those without their DNA whom holds the same gene. DNA have the ability to inform someone what part of the world they descend from. For example Europeans and African DNA differ though one or two groups destroy the norm. Exhibit A: Haplogroup R1b found predominately in European but it is also found in Central Africa. The central africans with this gene aren't of mixed heritage by the way.
With that being said, yes to identify what part of the continent a person descended from is possible, the specific haplogroup a person poseses is possible, diseases you might have in the near future possible but to identify specifically what ethnic group the said person in question descended from is nothing but guess work. Yes it can provide a ball park of where, east, west, central, etc africa, specifically the person in question descended from but everything else is guess work. The highest recorded Igbo male haplogroup is E1b1a1a1f1a. Though this is high among igbo, it is also high among Khosian of South African, ibibio/annang and efik of Nigeria, Gur of Burinka Faso, etc. The highest recorded Yoruba male haplogroup is E1b1a1a1f1a1 and it is found in predominately west african group like mandinka of senegal, wolof of senegal, Bamileke of Cameroon, etc. While for maternal gene, the highest recorded for Igbo women are Haplogroup L1b and it is also found in Senegal, Akan of Ghana, lemba of Zimbabwe, etc. With that being said even people within each group, the gene differ. I know an Igbo girl from 23and me whose haplogroup MTDNA is L1b(text-book igbo mtdna) while at the same time I know some whom had L1c, L1b1a2, l2 and one even had L3c (a rarity).

I understand the jews, since they inbreed it makes sense theyll share many traits,
I get genes generally being able to describe where you are from (like having the ss trait will let us know you are black) and i understand the exceptions to the rule, but i really dont get how they will now say 'you have 100% match to a yoruba person' some will even give the village or the town you are from, how on earth do they get that?
And it can't be possible with african americans since they probably wouldnt have kept 'pure lines' so its likely someone like the op is mixed with 102 different races from generations over- how on earth does that make you 100% from anywhere? Your practically from everywhere!
It makes sense it's all guess or scam work, its been puzzling me for a while, Thanks jare!

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by DaRapture: 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
tpia@:
your mama

You are my mama, silly?
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by DaRapture: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2012
2mch:

Farcking akata, what do you know? Person without an identity or culture spewing trash from his straight jacket in the psychiatirc ward. hahaha, OP i have proved my point. This idi*ot is a psycho, with his psychotic Igbo wife. You start to see the trend in the way they hate themselves and their believe that if they are light skinned they are somewhat "good looking". I can assure you that his wife looks like a peeled pig.

LOL. So now you call me Akata, because I Soned your Monkey azz? What I know is obviously more about you and your mindset than you know about yourself, George. Don't hate the Akata, hate the agony you internalize. Now go swing along and deal with that, son. cheesy
Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by 2mch(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
DaRapture:

LOL. So now you call me Akata, because I Soned your Monkey azz? What I know is obviously more about you and your mindset than you know about yourself, George. Don't hate the Akata, hate the agony you internalize. Now go swing along and deal with that, son. cheesy

Yes, you are an akata. Oyinbo people call you monkey and you swing and dance. That is why your self esteem is zilch and you feel the need to think because someone is lighter skinned they are better. You think you can come to a Nigerian site and try to pass off your mental problems as fact. You have mental problems that need immediate help. I guess the backlash of slavery, and being told to swing and dance at the drop of a hot, of which the monkeys in your bloodline will ask your masters how high or how hard. grin. They are still your masters by the way you talk and think. Imagine the consummate retard and urgly igbo girl that will marry someone that sees himself as a swinging monkey aqnd her too. OP i hope you now have an idea of what you are dealing with when you listen to this rabidly peeled pig with zero self esteem. Sounds like someone that has been raped. shocked. I bet the fo*ol bleaches. grin grin grin grin cheesy. What a dumbo. Trying to pass stats conjured up in a mental home with the resident retard wife as fact. grin grin grin cheesy. The field slave aspiriing to be the house slave mentality is very much alive with you. Imagine the mumu Nigerian married to you, when you think an african ia a monkey. I pity these two psychos. Hope you hack yourselves to death and your story shows up on NL. I suspect this will happen very soon from the state of things.

1 Like

Re: Dna Test Confirms I'm One Of You by Nnenna1(f): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
@OP I think you are pretty (I mean that objectively). Don't let any asshole attempt to put you down and don't read negativity into their snide remarks.

If people say you look yoruba/hausa think of it as a good thing. Looking like an African should NOT be an insult but a compliment.

Unfortunately Nairaland is a haven for psychotic elements who have personal agendas in every post made. Not the best place to make an introduction. Are you in college? African student's orgs are a good place to start if you want to interact with people (those tend to have Nigerian members).

If you could, take your picture down to preserve privacy as you cannot tell who/what could use it for selfish reasons/scams. As entertaining as this site is it is a cesspit. Take care.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Untold Story Of Ogedengbe Agbogungboro Of Ijesha Land 1822-1910. Wars And Ge / Join If You Are Proud To Be Hausa/fulani.. / Coining New Igbo Terminology For The Modern Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.