Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508878 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
@fhemmy i have read here about the xchange rate at the airports in canada being something like 0.70cad to 1.00usd whereas it's 0.98cad to 1.00usd at banks in canada. Is there any reason for this? I'm just curious p.s anyone else who can explain is free to answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omejeo: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Thanks godbless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sir P!:
@fhemmy i have read here about the xchange rate at the airports in canada being something like 0.70cad to 1.00usd whereas it's 0.98cad to 1.00usd at banks in canada. Is there any reason for this? I'm just curious p.s anyone else who can explain is free to answer

u dont need to change ur money, I heard u can equally make payments with US dollars....
The exchange rate @ the airport is odd......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
@augustapplicant my question is relevant to the thread if u have no answer move on. @earthgreeners thanks a lot man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
oreajayi:

It will be best to mail them.

Thanks bro. please send me there e-mail. (sodiqonas@yahoo.com)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sir P!:

Basically, in the airport, you are charged much higher to change currency, buy food & drink, etc because you're in a captive environment. There's not much choice in that place, whereas if you were on the street in the middle of the town, you can go to a different restaurant if you don't like the prices/menu at the first place you stop, or go to a different currency exchanger or a bank to change your money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
ifegy:

Basically, in the airport, you are charged much higher to change currency, buy food & drink, etc because you're in a captive environment. There's not much choice in that place, whereas if you were on the street in the middle of the town, you can go to a different restaurant if you don't like the prices/menu at the first place you stop, or go to a different currency exchanger or a bank to change your money.
thanks, was just wondering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 25, 2012
hey guys!!!, its been a while on here, no be my fault oooooooooo, schooling for here no be biscuit oo, i just say make i rush say hi to my people, hope to see y'all soon in canada

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Imoro: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2012
Hi all...
I have a questn... My friend applied for a Phd but was told dt he wld be given Thesis Masters after 2 semesters of coursework he wld then transfer to PhD... He was also given CAD22k funding. Tuition fees is abt 8k so d funding covers tuition accomodation and other expenses... Does he need to include sponsor docs... And how does he explain d fact dt he's going for anoda MSC?
Ur responses wld be appreciated...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Imoro: Hi all...I have a questn... My friend applied for a Phd but was told dt he wld be given Thesis Masters after 2 semesters of coursework he wld then transfer to PhD. He was also given CAD22k funding. Tuition fees is abt 8k so d funding covers tuition accomodation and other expenses... Does he need to include sponsor docs... And how does he explain d fact dt he's going for anoda MSC?
Ur responses wld be appreciated...

I think he needs to include sponsor documents which will atleast cover for his living expenses..

I suggest a Letter of Intent to explain...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omejeo: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys afternoon,pls my fear is that i am a self sponsor hav abt 1.2m in my act wil they allow me to travel
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
omejeo: Hi guys afternoon,pls my fear is that i am a self sponsor hav abt 1.2m in my act wil they allow me to travel

Well, it depends on the cost of study and living expenses. But, please try look for a co sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omejeo: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
My mum is rtd but hav abt 4m wil they accept pensioner
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pls house some1 should help me on these question!

I was denied! And the reason was "sponsorship not credible"

And only 2 colume were marked and it says
I have not convinced dem that I will survive in canada @ list for a year without working!

That was just d only reason!

My sponsor was a family frnd! D only thing his released to me was just statement of account and a land doc!...he refused to give me anything that has his company name of it! Or even letter headed paper for his consent letter! Tax clearance,lpo,invoice,data page of his passport or any other documents I asked him earlier...now that I was denied! He now want to make all those docs available to me and even pay one year tuition for me

My question is! Can I still use him? Since he was my formal sponsor of which I was denied..

And if yes! How can I go abt this! To prove to cdhc that I have enuf fund for my period of study in canada?

And wat are the docs I need to collect from him,if he were to be my sponsor again!...

And how do I prove my relationship to him or with my family to cdhc?

Or should I forget him and go for a more close relation with picture proof and family tree?

Pls I need any advise from you guys!...cos I've learnt only in this forum neva to give up! Thanks a lot 2 uall!

@justwise pls look into my case and ask any question u dnt understand! I will be here to answer! Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by aryzgreat: 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ntom: POSSIBLY!As justwise rightly posted,there is NO canadian visa lottery program.what they have is skilled workers permanent resident program and other programs permit at the federal level which are on hold presently pending review.Resumption will be communicated in due course.

@ Ntom and Justwise, please when did they put hold on the federal skilled worker's program? am about applying for it. I have gone to canadian embassy in lagos but was told to go to Accra Ghana, dat Accra handles such visa for west Africa, please if its true it has been put on hold, kindly respond this comment so i won't waste my money going to Ghana. Thanks i appreciate u guys. Curiously waiting for any reply from forumites.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by goddeymydear: 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
I'm soooryyy! Nawa oh. This is like the third person I know that applied June 18 that got denied. This news just made me sad, we need more good news in the house abeg, to keep our hopes high.

Ill say you still go ahead and use the same sponsor since he is provididng you with the required documents, proof your relationship with him and fire back adressing all their concerns. Don't worry, it is well, whatver will be will be.

On a diffrenet note, anyone that applied june ending or early July heard anything?. I applied june 29th and still no news!
Thanks guys!

quote author=anyijoe]Pls house some1 should help me on these question!

I have not convinced dem that I will survive in canada @ list for a year without working! cool

My sponsor was a family frnd! D only thing his released to me was just statement of account and a land doc!...he refused to give me anything that has his company name of it! Or even letter headed paper for his consent letter! Tax clearance,lpo,invoice,data page of his passport or any other documents I asked him earlier...now that I was denied! He now want to make all those docs available to me and even pay one year tuition for me

My question is! Can I still use him? Since he was my formal sponsor of which I was denied..

And if yes! How can I go abt this! To prove to cdhc that I have enuf fund for my period of study in canada?

And wat are the docs I need to collect from him,if he were to be my sponsor again!...

Or should I forget him and go for a more close relation with picture proof and family tree?

Pls I need any advise from you guys!...cos I've learnt only in this forum neva to give up! Thanks a lot 2 uall!

@justwise pls look into my case and ask any question u dnt understand! I will be here to answer! Thanks[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
aryzgreat:

@ Ntom and Justwise, please when did they put hold on the federal skilled worker's program? am about applying for it. I have gone to canadian embassy in lagos but was told to go to Accra Ghana, dat Accra handles such visa for west Africa, please if its true it has been put on hold, kindly respond this comment so i won't waste my money going to Ghana. Thanks i appreciate u guys. Curiously waiting for any reply from forumites.

It has been temporarily suspended till January Next year,so don't waste your money going to Ghana,and more over it is not in Ghana that you will submit your application.You can only go to Ghana when they must have approved your application and it is them that will direct you to proceed to Ghana for your PR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by aryzgreat: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Noswaa:

It has been temporarily suspended till January Next year,so don't waste your money going to Ghana,and more over it is not in Ghana that you will submit your application.You can only go to Ghana when they must have approved your application and it is them that will direct you to proceed to Ghana for your PR.

Thanks a bunch, may u be richly rewarded! i nearly waste my money going to Ghana as the yeye security woman dat didnt allow me get in to make enquiry instructed i go to accra and apply.

Hopefully by December i hope an intuitive thread like this will be opened to guide applicants on canadian federal skill workers visa procedures. Thanks once more bruv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
aryzgreat:

Thanks a bunch, may u be richly rewarded! i nearly waste my money going to Ghana as the yeye security woman dat didnt allow me get in to make enquiry instructed i go to accra and apply.

Hopefully by December i hope an intuitive thread like this will be opened to guide applicants on canadian federal skill workers visa procedures. Thanks once more bruv

check here:https://www.nairaland.com/978213/canada-freezes-federal-skilled-worker
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
anyijoe: Pls house some1 should help me on these question!

I have not convinced dem that I will survive in canada @ list for a year without working!

@justwise pls look into my case and ask any question u dnt understand! I will be here to answer! Thanks

They are right to refuse you a visa.

You don't just present a bank statement from a family friend as a sponsor and expected to be given a visa. The question is....is that person capable of sponsoring you? Will that money be available for your use in Canada or just bank statement to get a visa then you travel to Canada without the money?

What does the sponsor do? Does he earn enough to be able to let go that amount of money?

Why does he want to sponsor a distant relative? We are talking about millions here..........these are the questions you should have answered with paper evidences before nursing the feeling of getting a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
justwise:

They are right to refuse you a visa.

You don't just present a bank statement from a family friend as a sponsor and expected to be given a visa. The question is....is that person capable of sponsoring you? Will that money be available for your use in Canada or just bank statement to get a visa then you travel to Canada without the money?

What does the sponsor do? Does he earn enough to be able to let go that amount of money?

Why does he want to sponsor a distant relative? We are talking about millions here..........these are the questions you should have answered with paper evidences before nursing the feeling of getting a visa.

I think justwise is correct, because from my understanding distant relative might not work because the VO will be thinking that the cash will not be released once the visa is granted, if you has brother/sister, dad/mum it will be better than that of family friend because to start with not same surname.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Well, if he could address all they highlighted and repackage with same sponsor it's gonna be positive. It's not a must parents/people with same surname sponsor before one could be granted trv...it's all about meeting the requirement and God's favor. On this same forum, we have seen applicant getting denied despite been sponsored by parents and relatives with same surname. I stand to be corrected though!
efosa12345:

I think justwise is correct, because from my understanding distant relative might not work because the VO will be thinking that the cash will not be released once the visa is granted, if you has brother/sister, dad/mum it will be better than that of family friend because to start with not same surname.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hi All! Enjoy reading

OTTAWA — Canada’s economy could be in trouble if universities don’t start churning out more graduates from all fields of study, including the arts and humanities, says the Association of Universities and Colleges Canada.

“If we think our economy is going to be healthy going forward without a well-educated population, we’re kidding ourselves. It is not going to happen,” said Stephen Toope, AUCC’s chair and the president of the University of British Columbia.

His comments might surprise those who believe today’s job market is flooded with unemployed or under-employed English and history grads.

But both he and AUCC president Paul Davidson contend graduates from those fields, as well as those from science, technology, engineering and math, are and will to continue to be in high demand by employers.

“There seems to be a myth out there that we’ve got enough university grads,” Davidson said Monday during a meeting with the Citizen’s editorial board.

“We actually don’t in this economy. There’s a real appetite for more, and it’s only going to grow more profound over the next 10 years.”

AUCC, which represents more than 90 universities and degree-granting colleges, says employment rates across the entire post-secondary education sector for all graduates, including those who studied arts and humanities, are high, and many are working at jobs that relate to what they studied.

It estimates an additional 2.1 million jobs will be created for university graduates between now and 2020, and also points to Statistics Canada figures showing the net increase in new jobs for university grads between July 2008 and July 2012 was 700,000, compared with 320,000 net new jobs for college grads.

The number of jobs for people with no post-secondary education shrank during the same period.

Although he presides over a prestigious university, Toope said AUCC’s call for more university graduates is less about competition within the post-secondary sector and more about making Canada globally competitive.

The majority of new jobs created in Canada in the coming decade will require some kind of post-secondary credential and he just wants universities to get their share.

“If we just sink all of our investments right now into trades education, we’re going to find five years from now we’re going to have a bunch of people with no projects to work on because no one’s doing the planning, no one’s doing the engineering design, no one’s the entrepreneur that actually creates the opportunities,” he said.

Canada produces fewer graduates from the fields of science, technology, engineering and math than the United States, which itself lags behind Europe and Asia.

“We do have to try to figure out how to encourage students from high school to think about going into science, technology, engineering and mathematics, but that’s not about saying people shouldn’t be doing arts degrees,” Toope said.

“It really does depend on what their capacity is, what their ambition and talents are.”

AUCC also wants Canadian schools to ramp up co-operative education or internship programs, which half of all university students already have access to as part of their program. Such programs are a win-win situation for students who get a taste of a real job in their field and employers who get prime access to prospective employees.

“It’s an incredible eye-opener for students,” Toope said. “Being out in industry actually experiencing what a work environment can actually help concentrate the mind pretty effectively.”

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
anyijoe: Pls house some1 should help me on these question!

Try use a relation this time with credible income but if you dont have any relation, then what can you do than go back to your first sponsor. God is involve.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
@anyijoe, ur 'so called' fam friend is to blame 4ur refusal. Imagine refusing to provide all u requested for & afta denial he suddenly bcums intrstd again. My advice; if u hv anoda viable optn for sponsorship u go 4it. Seems CDHC nw hands out xtra conditns alongside med call; u dnt wnt to start beggn such a sponsor whn u get der. Any1 dts nt willing 2 provide u wit mor thn u nid - dnt use evn if staty is N1b. "Staty wit land docs & no sponsor letter" sory to say dis but ur first app was empty. Give mor details abt othr docs submitd...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
@justwise

@kennyG

@efosa12345

@joe980

Thank u all for your wonderful advise! Is one of those things in life.....

But I won't allow dis to get @ me! Cos right from day one I knew abt dis thread! And I went through it!...I knw a day like dis will come! Cos it feels like an empty docs after seeing wat others submitted to get there trv....I wish I have knwn abt this thread b4 appling but now that I'm aware! Dis type of mistake won't repeat itself again....so now I've learnt my lessons!...it is well.

For all those who contributed to the question I asked a million tanx to u all...and I pray u guys have a goodnew in both med and trv! All the best!....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
That CDHC is still in june because sum1 who applied 18th june jst got denied isnt blivable. Rmbr some june 18 applicants are already in .ca yle othrs hv done med abt 3wiks ago e.g @spencer, @jesus4all, @GudGOD. To bliv dt wuld mean CDHC has spent abt 4wks on 'June 18' alone..lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.