Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508944 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
earthgreeners:

Course based programs are majorly taught....u attend lectures and do a project, just like ur final year in the university but advanced....It is meant for those in the profession, seeking some kinda promotion or jst want to advance knowledge n upgrade their CV (1 year)

Research based courses are meant to expose graduate students to problem solving and decision making through research exposure in their area of interest, it often comes with funding either from a potential supervisor, the university or othe sources....it runs for 2years, u take few classes in ur first year to prepare u for d task ahead ; Research....you can also be employed as a RA or TA in the university.....

Just a small corectn, not all course based masters r 1 year, Most r 2 yrs in canada and US, bt sum r 1.
Research based masters is highly competitive in securing admisn cos they normally admit fewer students.
I advise most ppl to apply for course based except u hv a high CGP or sum research experience. dnt just apply for research Masters only. Its putting ur eggs in one basket and coming from a Nigeria undergrad school dnt hv u in d selectn. If u get course based masters, u can switch to research based after 6 months of studies if u r in gud academic standing.
There is another type of masters which to me is d best. Its called Masters (coop). Nt all schools offer it. After sum months of study (like 6months) u will be posted to companies as interns.u work in ur field, u take exams. U don't get to build a project(costly) and submit to school. Additionally, while u work, u get paid and also gather canadian work experience dt will help u secure a job on graduation.
Note- dnt apply for this masters now cos embassy might nt give u visa wit dt, apply for taught, after 6 months, switch frm taught masters to coop masters.
I got a coursemate working wit IBM wit this masters internship prog, imagine how his cv will look like afta d masters.
Also note- d coys select who they want according to their grades, qualificatns and certificatns.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
mercylicious:

Just a small corectn, not all course based masters r 1 year, Most r 2 yrs in canada and US, bt sum r 1.
Research based masters is highly competitive in securing admisn cos they normally admit fewer students.
I advise most ppl to apply for course based except u hv a high CGP or sum research experience. dnt just apply for research Masters only. Its putting ur eggs in one basket and coming from a Nigeria undergrad school dnt hv u in d selectn. If u get course based masters, u can switch to research based after 6 months of studies if u r in gud academic standing.
There is another type of masters which to me is d best. Its called Masters (coop). Nt all schools offer it. After sum months of study (like 6months) u will be posted to companies as interns.u work in ur field, u take exams. U don't get to build a project(costly) and submit to school. Additionally, while u work, u get paid and also gather canadian work experience dt will help u secure a job on graduation.
Note- dnt apply for this masters now cos embassy might nt give u visa wit dt, apply for taught, after 6 months, switch frm taught masters to coop masters.
I got a coursemate working wit IBM wit this masters internship prog, imagine how his cv will look like afta d masters.
Also note- d coys select who they want according to their grades, qualificatns and certificatns.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
mercylicious:

Thanks for the info, what about ebugirl? She have totally forgotten about the oas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
@Mercylicious, thanks for the info.....

But I must say the choice is also based on your field of study....
The requirements are always made clear by the universities..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2012
de-humph:
I THANK GOD I GOT MY TRV TODAY, AFTER TWO WEEKS OF LECTURE. I ALMOST LOST ALL HOPE. grin
Congrats.
Don't forget to update us wit applicatn history- date of submisn, sponsors med. Etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2012
It isn't true that when you apply for graduate a co-op program, that the Embassy would not issue you a visa. Remember most undergraduate programs in Engineering are coop programs and they get visas. Coop is part of the study program requirement and need no extra work permit. Your study permit has covered it and I know alot who got visas via coop programs. kelly.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
kelly4top: It isn't true that when you apply for graduate a co-op program, that the Embassy would not issue you a visa. Remember most undergraduate programs in Engineering are coop programs and they get visas. Coop is part of the study program requirement and need no extra work permit. Your study permit has covered it and I know alot who got visas via coop programs. kelly.

We don't need to complicate issues, evrybody wll definitely get visa whether coop or non coop program, depending on the genuine intentions and documents submitted, mind you what work for me might not work for you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
kelly4top: It isn't true that when you apply for graduate a co-op program, that the Embassy would not issue you a visa. Remember most undergraduate programs in Engineering are coop programs and they get visas. Coop is part of the study program requirement and need no extra work permit. Your study permit has covered it and I know alot who got visas via coop programs. kelly.
Na so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
@lft, bros I cant wait for u to get through ooooo...insha allah, all iz well!!!!
@Spencer3705, whatz up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 4:40am On Sep 24, 2012
Gudmrn @all, success shall reign this week IJN.
@Justwise, pls 4give whoever u might hv banned; guess ds wuld serve as a warning to othrs guilty of derailing the thread. A new week requires a fresh start...Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2012
@all,gudmorning to all,i want to ask if i can still submit my application @d VFS by the end of dis week for the january winter session. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, bros I cant wait for u to get through ooooo...insha allah, all iz well!!!!
@Spencer3705, whatz up?

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran. May we all find Allah's favor with the VO's.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
de-humph:
I THANK GOD I GOT MY TRV TODAY, AFTER TWO WEEKS OF LECTURE. I ALMOST LOST ALL HOPE. grin

How far....congrat again...abeg after ur medical and when you later submit all the additional document did they change the date you submitted d additional document.i mean..after medical,you will submit medical document..the date they receive ur medical..did they change it,after submitting additional document again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2012
GuudGod:

How far....congrat again...abeg after ur medical and when you later submit all the additional document did they change the date you submitted d additional document.i mean..after medical,you will submit medical document..the date they receive ur medical..did they change it,after submitting additional document again.

https://www.nairaland.com/823858/travelling-canada-part2/92

check out @bumdish screenshot on that page

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
@guudgod it will change to something like the requested docs have been received and are been processed as at ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omejeo: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pls house afternoon.i ve been following the thread luv what u pple are doing.my question is i graduated from unn nig from department of medical laboratory science want to do my master on 2013.i need cheap and affordable school to do my master and phd in canada and admision requirement, anybody in the house that can help me.omejevn@yahoo.com.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
omejeo: Pls house afternoon.i ve been following the thread luv what u pple are doing.my question is i graduated from unn nig from department of medical laboratory science want to do my master on 2013.i need cheap and affordable school to do my master and phd in canada and admision requirement, anybody in the house that can help me.omejevn@yahoo.com.

There exist lots of uni in canada, I will advice you make google your bset friend,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl: @all,gudmorning to all,i want to ask if i can still submit my application @d VFS by the end of dis week for the january winter session. Thanks
pls somebody should help with this question o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl:
its not too late
esp if ur sponsor is ur parent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl:
you can , it wön't be returned but it might exceed 3mo to process. But please go for it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl: pls somebody should help with this question o

Go ahead, but please ensure your documents are well packed and easily verified...Your sponsors should be credible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
omejeo: Pls house afternoon.i ve been following the thread luv what u pple are doing.my question is i graduated from unn nig from department of medical laboratory science want to do my master on 2013.i need cheap and affordable school to do my master and phd in canada and admision requirement, anybody in the house that can help me.omejevn@yahoo.com.

Cost should not be the only determinant in your choice of graduate studies...
Please make good use of the search engines...... Im sure u would get better answers to your questions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
You guys are the best!.. Please i have tracked my application and am tired... please is there any number i can call this Canadian embassy people on so i can start disturbing them it 3months now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
Danyl: @all,gudmorning to all,i want to ask if i can still submit my application @d VFS by the end of dis week for the january winter session. Thanks

It depends on the session you are applying ahead of. If you are planning for January 2013, to be honest and realistic its just too late. There are three months left for this year and the processing time is almost five months. Unless you are planning for another term or you can defer, go for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
Olami1224: You guys are the best!.. Please i have tracked my application and am tired... please is there any number i can call this Canadian embassy people on so i can start disturbing them it 3months now

It will be best to mail them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
oreajayi:

It depends on the session you are applying ahead of. If you are planning for January 2013, to be honest and realistic its just too late. There are three months left for this year and the processing time is almost five months. Unless you are planning for another term or you can defer, go for it.
don't discourage him, the worst that can happen is they ask for a deferal, let him try, u cant predict cdhc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ITSURS: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
CHECK THIS SITE AND USE THE QUERY TO NARROW DOWN UR SEARCH http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/study-programs/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
This wait is too long.... Ahn ahn... Everyday tracking angry sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.