Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513161 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2012
Joe980: cry cry cry...woke up this morning while in the whitehouse(toilet) with my phone, decided to do some tracking 'cuz I couldn't lastnight. Behold, 'application ready for collection'...fear catch my Poo. sad. I knew that's akpako for me. I just left vsf enroute my house...would update when I am home. @August applicants it's time n Sept also...submitted 12th August

It is well!!! my brotha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2012
wow i guess dats good news did u go for medicals i wish you all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2012
@joe980, i am sorry about the refusal. Repackage and reload your application. I am still waiting for them to make decision on my application. Submitted since august 3rd. It is well!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2012
Guys pls. I am on my way to Children's medical centre Ikoyi for medicals. I will give you all the details later today but I need to know how long the medical will be because I am suppose to stil be at work in Abuja today, I just want to do the medical and drop it off before I leave.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2012
I need ur responses NOW pls.how long will it take for the whole medicals. I don't even have 3 passport fotos here with me. Efosa I sent u pings but they aren't delivering yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2012
ezme: Mr Siga, I can see the change you have brought into the room, before now if someone is asking questions around securing admission. It very rare you get any response. Most peeps are interested in medical calls/TRV news. I'm happy with the new trend, so I would love to throw my question at you or anyone who can help with this. I'm interested in pursuing graduate study in process control. I find the program at University of Alberta and University of Regina a perfect fit for what i want but when I saw the profiles of some Pakistani and Indian peeps in another forum that got rejected, especially by Regina,"Fear catch me bros". My question is what are the chances of getting into these schools with a Nigerian first degree? I can only document a 79% CGPA (chemical engineering), though I intend to write GRE to help give a better reflection of my academic strength.

For a better picture
IELTS: 7.5
B.Eng: 79% (2009/2010)
WASSCE: Aggregate 9
Not presently working as an engineer.

Please suggest any good schools because if going by their websites you would stop looking at the www.4icu.org/ca ranking when you get past the 30th ranking school

Regina is quite competitive but I still got admisn with less qualificatn than ur in engineering too. I didn't submit any English language test.
I'll advise u to apply for taught masters cos u might never get research masters coming from Nigeria.
We may have to get Nigerian student of good academic standing to speak to a lecturer on ur behalf.
Pm for contact, specify its u on the pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 11:11am On Nov 13, 2012
TRv pls when were u called for medicals and when did u submit ur application,if u read d past post u will see some ppl said it takes not less than 4hrs for d medicals and u must have 4 passport photograhp and also photocopy ur passport data page 4 copies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:17am On Nov 13, 2012
I will give u guys the full gist. I have decicded to go back to abuja and do the medicals. No need to rush I even have to submit tuition fees receipt. If you didn't know God answers prayers, I am telling you. Wait for the full gist.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2012
Joe980: cry cry cry...woke up this morning while in the whitehouse(toilet) with my phone, decided to do some tracking 'cuz I couldn't lastnight. Behold, 'application ready for collection'...fear catch my Poo. sad. I knew that's akpako for me. I just left vsf enroute my house...would update when I am home. @August applicants it's time n Sept also...submitted 12th August

Bro, tiss well,Thrz a risoon for it to av turn out dis way.
U know d drill, repackage and refire!!! Just make sure this time around, all loose ends are well sealed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2012
@TRV_IJN, try and look for some1 to cover up for u, not sure if u can meet up with work today, I believe it depends on the number of pple b4 u, like matilda said kip ur mind @4hrs most sha, cus wat r they chking dt can't be chkd in an hour at least, kindly share ur experience, documents submitted wen ur bak..thanks. Also u dint tell the house wen u were called? Kindly tell us, so dat August applicants will have some hope 4demselves. Thnks again or better still can't u do the medicals in abuja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2012
@All, my case is different (God separated me for this favour), God will do yours too in Jesus name. I got a call from cdhc around 1:30pm ystdy and they said that I didn't fill out somthing on my application form (I typed 'see attached' and attached a document detailing it. The lady said I had to come and fill it in so I took a late flight to Lagos after work ystdy. I got there v.early. They attended to me about 9:30. I filled the form and asked the lady if that was all she said yes, I just asked can I go back to abuja now? And. She said okay, just wait. Canu wait for an hour? I said yes. Summary, I have my med instructions and condition to pay 1 year tuition here. KEY: I asked God to favour me. No be luck, no be say I dey good. Na my God answer my prayers. Will give u more details later. My phone bat3 is red.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2012
mercylicious:

Regina is quite competitive but I still got admisn with less qualificatn than ur in engineering too. I didn't submit any English language test.
I'll advise u to apply for taught masters cos u might never get research masters coming from Nigeria.
We may have to get Nigerian student of good academic standing to speak to a lecturer on ur behalf.

Thanks so much for your gesture.I think there is is snag to when sending pm to someone for the first time. What I sent is the general "I would like to send you a message" via the Nairaland team so please check your spam and take note of my moniker.I'm expecting to hear from you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2012
mehn august applicants is time oo...am having goose pimples already. @TRV kindly list the documents u submitted, when were u called for medicals? and u made mention of tuition fees, have u paid ur fees already.??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
@TRV_IJN can't wait to hear the testimony ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
TRV_IJN: Guys pls. I am on my way to Children's medical centre Ikoyi for medicals. I will give you all the details later today but I need to know how long the medical will be because I am suppose to stil be at work in Abuja today, I just want to do the medical and drop it off before I leave.

Congratulations TRV_IJN. God did yours and He will do mine in Jesus name. Happy for you. Its safe to conclude CDHC is now treating August since you submitted August 17th and Joe submitted August 12th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
TRV_IJN: @All, my case is different (God separated me for this favour), God will do yours too in Jesus name. I got a call from cdhc around 1:30pm ystdy and they said that I didn't fill out somthing on my application form (I typed 'see attached' and attached a document detailing it. The lady said I had to come and fill it in so I took a late flight to Lagos after work ystdy. I got there v.early. They attended to me about 9:30. I filled the form and asked the lady if that was all she said yes, I just asked can I go back to abuja now? And. She said okay, just wait. Canu wait for an hour? I said yes. Summary, I have my med instructions and condition to pay 1 year tuition here. KEY: I asked God to favour me. No be luck, no be say I dey good. Na my God answer my prayers. Will give u more details later. My phone bat3 is red.

My dear I love the last part of that statement: No be luck, no be say I dey good, na God show me favour. May God continue to favour you all through your stay in CA.

TRV_IJN: God will do yours too in Jesus name

AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2012

So sorry about this news. But please share the reasons behind the refusal so we can all put heads together and proffer solution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2012

Joe my guy, sorry about the refusal: Please dont let go of what you believe in. Repackage and Refire. It may work the next time. Please what waqs the reason for the refusal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks bruv...just got back. Was refused based on financial ground.Other reason hand written "sponsorship not credible" UNCLE
effizypo:

Joe my guy, sorry about the refusal: Please dont let go of what you believe in. Repackage and Refire. It may work the next time. Please what waqs the reason for the refusal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks dude...it's not over till it's over. You guys would get updates pretty soon. Saw envelopes ready for pickups @ vsf.
omosanyaolak: @joe980, i am sorry about the refusal. Repackage and reload your application. I am still waiting for them to make decision on my application. Submitted since august 3rd. It is well!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
[quote author=mercylicious]

@mercylicious..if i may ask, which course r u going in for @ regina n which is better; research or nun research
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danesikemi(f): 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
House pray for me oo,my status changed dis morning oo,on my way 2 vfs 2 pick up my package
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Wa nne...gini? you dey fear? grin
uchechuwku:

Oh boy!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
Danesikemi: House pray for me oo,my status changed dis morning oo,on my way 2 vfs 2 pick up my package
What did you apply for? Visiting or Study? and when did you submit please? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Joe980: Thanks bruv...just got back. Was refused based on financial ground.Other reason hand written "sponsorship not credible" UNCLE

Awww.....Joe. You're one of d ppl I look up to on this forum. How come? Is it that you didn't submit some docs on yur sponsor?

Sowie bro, just re package..all iz well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2012
Danesikemi: House pray for me oo,my status changed dis morning oo,on my way 2 vfs 2 pick up my package

What is the status update like? Have u done ur medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lutobi: Yea..... Hoping for the best and positive status change... Still no updates... But soon i guess I'll hear something @youngokus

Lutobi what happened to your application? You didnt update the house since October.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
I did all that is needed. It's favor though...no perfect being. God bless our hussle!
uchechuwku:

Awww.....Joe. You're one of d ppl I look up to on this forum. How come? Is it that you didn't submit some docs on yur sponsor?

Sowie bro, just re package..all iz well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
Joe980: Thanks bruv...just got back. Was refused based on financial ground.Other reason hand written "sponsorship not credible" UNCLE

So sorry abt the refusal, Just try and refire broda, Uncle with same surname?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks bruv...would do. Different surname
efosa12345:

So sorry abt the refusal? Just try and refire broda, Uncle with same surname?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2012
@jeo980 am so sorry for d refusal but dnt worry just put it to God in prayer and repackage and apply again u can call ottawa or go to d sch website to see how u can do a change of start date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
Plz update d house wen ur bak. All the best pple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.