Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,914 members, 7,863,178 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513296 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Don Cipher:
@Siga, please do you mean change school to another one or you meant something else?
My Don....she can change school anytime....all u do is apply for the name of school to be changed on ur Study permit...no long thing...people come here and are not satisfied with the school and u are free to move to another one....u can as well change courses in same school if u feel u dont want the course u came in for anymore....and some dudes just bone finally which is a bad move cos...u need the certificate to place u better in the job market....na choice....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
@Mr phemmy.that's not what I meant o!I believe dosunmu's isn't complicated;just citing an example.@Siga.that 19weeks,I believe is the maximum time to get ur student visa cos I know that some people do get the student visa within 3 months of applying for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
nivax21: @Mr phemmy.that's not what I meant o!I believe dosunmu's isn't complicated;just citing an example.@Siga.that 19weeks,I believe is the maximum time to get ur student visa cos I know that some people do get the student visa within 3 months of applying for it.
...there u go....this is a better way of putting things....and u have a point cos dem VO get dem own mind.....if the person wey carry ur file just collect pay raise...hin fit dey happy just pick ur file work it and ignore everything just approve straight up....u never know....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
nivax21: @Mr phemmy.that's not what I meant o!I believe dosunmu's isn't complicated;just citing an example.@Siga.that 19weeks,I believe is the maximum time to get ur student visa cos I know that some people do get the student visa within 3 months of applying for it.

Thanks for the correction, CHief . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
Awwwww.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by NAmerica: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
@siga, is it possible to change from college to university? say PGcert in a college to Bsc in university..note 'higest certificate at hand is HND'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
N.America:
@siga, is it possible to change from college to university? say PGcert in a college to Bsc in university..note 'higest certificate at hand is HND'
...100% possible....but the issue is some courses might not be accepted at the University...but they accept it...P.S...u might be required to take some summer courses to be able to take the main courses....so, its ok...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
lillaowow: Awwwww.......
how far u don track today, any good news??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mr Siga, I can see the change you have brought into the room, before now if someone is asking questions around securing admission. It very rare you get any response. Most peeps are interested in medical calls/TRV news. I'm happy with the new trend, so I would love to throw my question at you or anyone who can help with this. I'm interested in pursuing graduate study in process control. I find the program at University of Alberta and University of Regina a perfect fit for what i want but when I saw the profiles of some Pakistani and Indian peeps in another forum that got rejected, especially by Regina,"Fear catch me bros". My question is what are the chances of getting into these schools with a Nigerian first degree? I can only document a 79% CGPA (chemical engineering), though I intend to write GRE to help give a better reflection of my academic strength.

For a better picture
IELTS: 7.5
B.Eng: 79% (2009/2010)
WASSCE: Aggregate 9
Not presently working as an engineer.

Please suggest any good schools because if going by their websites you would stop looking at the www.4icu.org/ca ranking when you get past the 30th ranking school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ezme...i can tell u those schools are very very competitive....this is due to the Oil boom in those areas.....guys have flooded those schools and they only have few quotas for International students....I will advise you move away from those areas....u can secure admission into any other school....once u are done...u can relocate ...since you are looking into a Graduate study...its ok....remember...u all are gonna sit for same professional engr exam...so, u are cool....have u tried U of Manitoba...close to Alberta....or u try U of Waterloo, Queens, Mcmaster, York, U of T,Brock, Ryerson....there are tonnes...and these are very good schools....check their sites...see if they offer wat u want and go from there....and bro...some schools are better than others in some fields....keep in mind this ranking might be the overall grading....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
@ezme.Mr siga is 100% right.ualberta and ucalgary engineering are highly competitive because of the oil boom over there.however there are other schools in Canada in that offer chemical engineering though very few like uni of British columbia,mcgill university,university of Toronto,university of waterloo,queens university,uni of western Ontario,mcmaster university,uni of ottawa,ryerson university,royal military college of Canada,dalhousie university...I've forgotten the remaining 2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siga: @ezme...i can tell u those schools are very very competitive....this is due to the Oil boom in those areas.....guys have flooded those schools and they only have few quotas for International students....I will advise you move away from those areas....u can secure admission into any other school....once u are done...u can relocate ...since you are looking into a Graduate study...its ok....remember...u all are gonna sit for same professional engr exam...so, u are cool....have u tried U of Manitoba...close to Alberta....or u try U of Waterloo, Queens, Mcmaster, York, U of T,Brock, Ryerson....there are tonnes...and these are very good schools....check their sites...see if they offer wat u want and go from there....and bro...some schools are better than others in some fields....keep in mind this ranking might be the overall grading....

The problems is these options you are giving me don't actually have process control as their research area of specializations. Most of them are polymer and biochemical engineering inclined and truly my passion lies in process control.As for MUN, I really don't want to leave mainstream process control/process systems engineering. The websites of some of the schools are not even encouraging at all. York seems to be way up the list. I would come back again but lemme look at the waterloo again. Thanks for your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
As for that Ottawwa, those guys give admissions truely but my friends offer letter said he should be ready to spend $37000 per annum i think, and they don't send fee schedule. where do they think we would find that kinda money to show CDHC VO when applying for study permit. And funny thing is the money is actually about $16000 on their site for tuition
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by princetoochi: 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
dosunmu matilda: @ siga i know its 19wks and i have gone thru all their websites its just dat am a little bit worried cos my resumption date is 7th of jan and we are in Nov already enh anyway it is well by d grace of God i will hear good news soon in jesus name
Bros,it seems u are going to Humber college,cos my resumption date is equally on the 7th january,2013 in Humber college.I submitted my application on the 26th sept,2012.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
@princetoochi,is my question to you irrelevant?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
@All
When you are dealing with uncertainties, you need to seek various opinion if u truly need critical solutions to issues..

Siga is doing a great Job here, but I think we shld try as much not to make it a one man show....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
princetoochi:
Bros,it seems u are going to Humber college,cos my resumption date is equally on the 7th january,2013 in Humber college.I submitted my application on the 26th sept,2012.
no oh am not going to humber college oh am going to ottawa university and most winter sections resume early jan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Can we relate off thread please?
dosunmu matilda:
no oh am not going to humber college oh am going to ottawa university and most winter sections resume early jan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
You are right bruv...still cool though with one man show to some extent, than ideas and info that could confuse prospective applicants.
earthgreeners: @All
When you are dealing with uncertainties, you need to seek various opinion if u truly need critical solutions to issues..

Siga is doing a great Job here, but I think we shld try as much not to make it a one man show....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by thisKingsley: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
So who is coming to Toronto? Am in Humber college.....any question I can help u with? I dont know if droping emails is illegal here.... so many rules I forget.

Modified: Based on confirmation of house rules..... thisKingsley@yahoo.com . No spam mails......I take Chineke God beg una
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
[quote author=thisKingsley]So who is coming to Toronto? Am in Humber college.....any question I can help u with? I dont know if droping emails is illegal here.... so many rules I forget[/quote

You surely could drop your mail, it is legal . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Joe980: Can we relate off thread please?
u can mail me on matildae2000@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
Aiite...thanks. You gat mail.
dosunmu matilda: u can mail me on matildae2000@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
uOttawa too.. hope it works out for all smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
thisKingsley: So who is coming to Toronto? Am in Humber college.....any question I can help u with? I dont know if droping emails is illegal here.... so many rules I forget.

Modified: Based on confirmation of house rules..... thisKingsley@yahoo.com . No spam mails......I take Chineke God beg una

pls i have mailed,reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @All

@earthgreeners, You could respond to my question above. I see ur moniker on other immigration fora too so I guess we all go around to seek information. With Siga now, it seems like a one man show because this is actually the first time someone is responding to an admission based inquiry. I remember someone telling me that I should look for my "kparapko" that people are in different stages as if it not the school route most people travelling here are using. People are talking to him presently cos he seems to have answers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
nivax21: @ezme.Mr siga is 100% right.ualberta and ucalgary engineering are highly competitive because of the oil boom over there.however there are other schools in Canada in that offer chemical engineering though very few like uni of British columbia,mcgill university,university of Toronto,university of waterloo,queens university,uni of western Ontario,mcmaster university,uni of ottawa,ryerson university,royal military college of Canada,dalhousie university...I've forgotten the remaining 2

I would love to relate with you personally, you seem to have all the information I may need and probably in same field. Please I won't mind having your email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by thisKingsley: 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ah Ah....we have quarrels in travel section too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.