Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510991 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2013
rockar: pls can someone give me the best answer to this questionnaire question

How does your selected program differ from similar programs available in Nigeria?

There are no Best answers to a question...But I think you should answer based on camparison in teaching and research facilities...
If the course is not offered in Nigeria..Just mention it straight up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Onyeoma3: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2013
freshdude:
Oga mi abeg no vex...na Economics I apply for, how bout u.?

Kosi wahala my man, I applied for Chemical Engineering...we'll surely meet there and run cool packages together...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your response on the use of sponsor. I just spoke to a friend, and he advised that I use my personal bank for the bank statement. Now I m a bit confused cz I don't know how to go about this. Truth is that I don't hv 4 million in my account, I don't work cz I recently finished my NYSC. My question is if I can get this money and deposit it in my account for this purpose will it be accepted? If not, how do I go about it? Secondly is it too late to open a fresh account for this purpose? If not when will it be too late? My admission is for fall 2013, September. Though I m still waiting for an amission letter from u of m and u of s. Thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
twizer: Thank you so much for your response on the use of sponsor. I just spoke to a friend, and he advised that I use my personal bank for the bank statement. Now I m a bit confused cz I don't know how to go about this. Truth is that I don't hv 4 million in my account, I don't work cz I recently finished my NYSC. My question is if I can get this money and deposit it in my account for this purpose will it be accepted? If not, how do I go about it? Secondly is it too late to open a fresh account for this purpose? If not when will it be too late? My admission is for fall 2013, September. Though I m still waiting for an amission letter from u of m and u of s. Thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
[quote
author=twizer]Thank you so much for your response on the use of sponsor. I just spoke to a friend, and he advised that I use my personal bank for the bank statement. Now I m a bit confused cz I don't know how to go about this. Truth is that I don't hv 4 million in my account, I don't work cz I recently finished my NYSC. My question is if I can get this money and deposit it in my account for this purpose will it be accepted? If not, how do I go about it? Secondly is it too late to open a fresh account for this purpose? If not when will it be too late? My admission is for fall 2013, September. Though I m still waiting for an amission letter from u of m and u of s. Thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
[quote author=twizer][/quote]

1) You don't need to repeat your post before you get a response

2) It's not wise to use a personal account cos you dont have a source of income to back up such huge sum of money....Therefore, I would advise you look for a family member to serve as your sponsor....
@manweysabi on this forum was given full scholarship at Memorial University of Newfoundland. Yet he was refused on financial grounds....You can dig tru his post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Pls how do u guys pay tuition.. I read on this thread that if someone wants to pay tuition, that he shuld just walk into any bank and ask for "form A".
I tried paying today and I waka into d bank(access bank) like chairman, walked to the customer care unit, possed on d chair I was offered, and asked the gal "hi, pls I wanna make a "Form A" transfer..... The gal just sat there staring at me like mumu as if I just mentioned something that is not know on Dis planet....after a while she said "pardon"....I readjusted myself on d chair and asked again "I mean I wanna make a Form A transfer"...to my surprise, she asked me the question I couldn't believe she could ask me " what is a Form A transfer" I was shocked and I said "°=-?..huh?..=-?°
<:O
)(>
_/ \_ ....?"
Anyway, after a long xplanation of wetin I wan do gangan, she finally grabed that I wanna tranfer to canada and she said they don't know anything about form A, that the best way pple transfer funds abroad is thru a domiciliary account. That I will have to open a domiciliary account.

Pls my question is that what is the best way to pay tuition from here? Is it advisable to pay thru a newly opened domicillary account? Do u have to submit the account to cdhc? I'm so confused. Pls advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
rockar: Pls how do u guys pay tuition.. I read on this thread that if someone wants to pay tuition, that he shuld just walk into any bank and ask for "form A".
I tried paying today and I waka into d bank(access bank) like chairman, walked to the customer care unit, possed on d chair I was offered, and asked the gal "hi, pls I wanna make a "Form A" transfer..... The gal just sat there staring at me like mumu as if I just mentioned something that is not know on Dis planet....after a while she said "pardon"....I readjusted myself on d chair and asked again "I mean I wanna make a Form A transfer"...to my surprise, she asked me the question I couldn't believe she could ask me " what is a Form A transfer" I was shocked and I said "°=-?..huh?..=-?°
)(>
_/ \_ ....?"
Anyway, after a long xplanation of wetin I wan do gangan, she finally grabed that I wanna tranfer to canada and she said they don't know anything about form A, that the best way pple transfer funds abroad is thru a domiciliary account. That I will have to open a domiciliary account.

Pls my question is that what is the best way to pay tuition from here? Is it advisable to pay thru a newly opened domicillary account? Do u have to submit the account to cdhc? I'm so confused. Pls advice
Bros,i experienced that when i wanted to pay through GTB.the gal i saw there knew nothing like that and requested that i open a dom account wey be long tin.U no get wahala at all.if u have acct in union and first bank,just go there and do ur biusiness.its as simple as abc.i used the both when i paid for application and tuition fees.ask them of foriegn operations.secondly when going,go with photocopies of ur credentials and ur intl passport(photocopy).also go early in the morning so that the payment can be transfered that day if its by SWIFT.lastly it must be a savings acct before the money can be transfered.Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
rockar: Pls how do u guys pay tuition.. I read on this thread that if someone wants to pay tuition, that he shuld just walk into any bank and ask for "form A".
)(>
_/ \_ ....?"

whatever bank you use..chances are the customer care ppl dont know much about forex funds transfer. I used GTB, but when I initially called the customer care line, they were telling me same gibberish about opening a dom account. infact i had already reactivated my dormant dollar account, before a friend directed me to the forex transfer ppl.. i think you should just ask for the branch or dept of the bank that does forex transfer..then you can speak with those ppl about the form A. that way, they can just debit ur naira account with the amount you wanna xfer using CBN rate. you will need to go with a copy of ur admission letter, with the amount on it, and also your current certificate (copy too)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
lucky Don: Bros,i experienced that when i wanted to pay through GTB.the gal i saw there knew nothing like that and requested that i open a dom account wey be long tin.U no get wahala at all.if u have acct in union and first bank,just go there and do ur biusiness.its as simple as abc.i used the both when i paid for application and tuition fees.ask them of foriegn operations.secondly when going,go with photocopies of ur credentials and ur intl passport(photocopy).also go early in the morning so that the payment can be transfered that day if its by SWIFT.lastly it must be a savings acct before the money can be transfered.Goodluck.
zenith bank uses form a as well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
......but somebody said you can pay using your GTB naira mastercard.abi?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by djay1: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ everyone please are there sure steps or rather things I can do to guarantee and secure my student visa from the canadian embassy after I have recived my offer letter from my school? Am asking cause I have read some peoples post on this tread who share there sad experiences on the matter of visa denial @ the embassy. My resumption date is SEP.13.2013 lastly can you be denied a visa based on health issues and if yes what kind? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
d jay: @ everyone please are there sure steps or rather things I can do to guarantee and secure my student visa from the canadian embassy after I have recived my offer letter from my school? Am asking cause I have read some peoples post on this tread who share there sad experiences on the matter of visa denial @ the embassy. My resumption date is SEP.13.2013 lastly can you be denied a visa based on health issues and if yes what kind? Thanks.

Read thru part 1 - 3 of dis thread and u will know the sure way to get ur visa approved
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lus5(f): 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hi, please i need u guys advice. Those that have done medical/got trv how do u calculate ur deadline, is it 30 days when the medical report was issued or where the said "this document must be received on .....date" mine is today. I paid quarter of fees via mastercard today nd i wanted to pay the balance via visa card but it didn't go. My new start date came late friday night via e-mail can i said it ?
I'm really confused cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
jman77: ......but somebody said you can pay using your GTB naira mastercard.abi?

Using a Debit/ Credit Card, that is MasterCard or VISA is the fastest way to make a payment. You either use the school's portal to make the payment or give your card details to the school's personnel in charge of finance to post the debit on the card. However there are challenges most banks have a daily spend limit placed by default on your card so you may need to make sure the amount you are paying is within your card's spend limit, be mindful this has little to do with your balance. Another challenge is the danger of a network problem ocurrithee hole you do the transaction it may hang or fail, but barring any glitches it's the fastest!

To the best of my knowledge all banks have the form A, but the customer reps may not be aware since they don't handle such so if you want to go this route, I'll advice you to visit a head or zonal office and ask to deal with the Forex team or the Funds transfer person in the least. I think the Form A option offers the opportunity of a lower exchange rate CBN rate advantage.

All the best folks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
d jay: @ everyone please are there sure steps or rather things I can do to guarantee and secure my student visa from the canadian embassy after I have recived my offer letter from my school? Am asking cause I have read some peoples post on this tread who share there sad experiences on the matter of visa denial @ the embassy. My resumption date is SEP.13.2013 lastly can you be denied a visa based on health issues and if yes what kind? Thanks.

Unfortunately, there are guaranteed steps. Just pay attention to details and do the right thing. It's a matter of ''do your best and leave the rest''. Submit the right documents and convince the VO beyond doubts. Picture yourself as the VO and as the following questions
1) Does this sponsor have enough fund and source of income to cater for the applicant's tuition and living expenses, and to fend for himself and his other dependents?
2) How is this sponsor related to the applicant that would make him sponsor his education abroad?
3) Is the applicant going to pursue a genuine course (Bonafide student)
4) what ties does this applicant have that could lead to his return to Nigeria? Family, Job, Properties......although the VO knows most student dont return after studies (Canada gat enough routes for students to remain in Canada)

The VOs are human and are bound to errors in judgement. So, I would advise you focus more on the success stories in order not to be discouraged. The case of those that were denied should only give you an idea of ''what not to do''

Yes, You can be denied based on certain health issues especially those that cannot be cured within a short period...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
In addition, one can email or call the banks to increase the limit accordingly before attempting the transaction on your card. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Robbie37: Using a Debit/ Credit Card, that is MasterCard or VISA is the fastest way to make a payment. You either use the school's portal to make the payment or give your card details to the school's personnel in charge of finance to post the debit on the card. However there are challenges most banks have a daily spend limit placed by default on your card so you may need to make sure the amount you are paying is within your card's spend limit, be mindful this has little to do with your balance. Another challenge is the danger of a network problem ocurrithee hole you do the transaction it may hang or fail, but barring any glitches it's the fastest!

To the best of my knowledge all banks have the form A, but the customer reps may not be aware since they don't handle such so if you want to go this route, I'll advice you to visit a head or zonal office and ask to deal with the Forex team or the Funds transfer person in the least. I think the Form A option offers the opportunity of a lower exchange rate CBN rate advantage. All the best folks!

Nice one Robbie.......

Although the Credit card route is time saving and more convenient.
The Form A route seem to be the better option....abi what do you think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
freshdude: Any body that has renewed a passport that is 9 months to expiration, please kindly state were u did it, and the procedures you took.(Cost inclusive)
The immigration ususally tell u to wait till is 6months to expiration before renewing it.

Benin, 30k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
lus@5:
Hi, please i need u guys advice. Those that have done medical/got trv how do u calculate ur deadline, is it 30 days when the medical report was issued or where the said "this document must be received on .....date" mine is today. I paid quarter of fees via mastercard today nd i wanted to pay the balance via visa card but it didn't go. My new start date came late friday night via e-mail can i said it ?
I'm really confused cry

i believe it is the date written on the paper.. when is that due? if you are running late, you can just print the transaction receipts, and also the email of the new start date.. they would contact you as is evident from kemdee's case if those are not sufficient.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lus5(f): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
kenniy:

i believe it is the date written on the paper.. when is that due? if you are running late, you can just print the transaction receipts, and also the email of the new start date.. they would contact you as is evident from kemdee's case if those are not sufficient.

Thanks! The date is today. But by God grace i will send it tomorrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 11:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hi family....thanks alot for ur prayers and mails....we finally got home today....to tell u guys abit....my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child but unfortunately, it was an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured while she was at work....thank God for 911....she was admitted and operated on....she is back on her feet and recovering after a 2hrs 30mins operation.....

I feel the need to update u guys as I got numerous mails, phone calls and prayers....thanks alot guys....I promise to be back fully once she feels better and can get things done herself....

Meanwhile, I will respond to all emails I got before the incident within the next 24hrs....

God bless!!!

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mosquitoway: 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
kayce43:
Yes ooo, Miss Ahoy ( workpermit), Ulo123 (PHD)n Kemdee (Masters) collected dia Visa last week, i believe we will soon be attended to , by the grace of God. Amen
@kayce43...got an email 2nite saying my student permit has been approved..I'm very humbled,wld update u 2moro when I get back from vfs...

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
Siga: Hi family....thanks alot for ur prayers and mails....we finally got home today....to tell u guys abit....my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child but unfortunately, it was an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured while she was at work....thank God for 911....she was admitted and operated on....she is back on her feet and recovering after a 2hrs 30mins operation.....

I feel the need to update u guys as I got numerous mails, phone calls and prayers....thanks alot guys....I promise to be back fully once she feels better and can get things done herself....

Meanwhile, I will respond to all emails I got before the incident within the next 24hrs....

God bless!!!
Thank God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by gbesunboke: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
freshdude:
Oga mi abeg no vex...na Economics I apply for, how bout u.?
@all
pls kindly assist me on these information . i want to submit my visa application for next month going to Fanshawe college for pgd engineering .my sponsor base in the uk and co sponsor in Nigeria .pls can i use uk statement of account since my main sponsor reside in the uk pls i need dis information pls .my sponsor is my blood brother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Siga: Hi family....thanks alot for ur prayers and mails....we finally got home today....to tell u guys abit....my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child but unfortunately, it was an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured while she was at work....thank God for 911....she was admitted and operated on....she is back on her feet and recovering after a 2hrs 30mins operation.....

God bless!!!
Boss,thank God for his wonderful deeds.His mercy endures for ever.Be rest assured of our continued prayers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:37am On Feb 27, 2013
mosquitoway: @kayce43...got an email 2nite saying my student permit has been approved..I'm very humbled,wld update u 2moro when I get back from vfs...
Congrats man.God is our strenght.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:42am On Feb 27, 2013
mosquitoway: @kayce43...got an email 2nite saying my student permit has been approved..I'm very humbled,wld update u 2moro when I get back from vfs...
Congratulations ma broda, am more dan elated 4 u!!!!Baba God is working
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 1:05am On Feb 27, 2013
I can't help but notice dat no one going to a college has bin issued a visa on this our gr8 forum, Chk ds out for those who have received visas so far for now

*Miss Ahoy ( Work Permit)
*Kemdee. (Masters @University Of Toronto)
*Ulo123. (PHD@Simon Fraser University)
*Mosquitoway (Flight School)

I wonder what's goin on @ d embassy? I don't get it, no single college student issued visa yet. Am Thanking God already cus I knw we will get this visa by his grace.Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by feranmee: 1:10am On Feb 27, 2013
pls hw do i go about getting canadian visa that is not student visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 1:40am On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=Siga]Hi family....thanks alot for ur prayers and mails....we finally got home today....to tell u guys abit....my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child but unfortunately, it was an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured while she was at work....thank God for 911....she was admitted and operated on....she is back on her feet and recovering after a 2hrs 30mins operation.....

God bless!!!

Thank GOD for HIS healing Hands & HIS mercy dat endures forever !! God will perfect wat HE has started. We are always praying for u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iwinosajack: 1:42am On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=kayce43]I can't help but notice dat no one going to a college has bin issued a visa on this our gr8 forum, Chk ds out for those who have received visas so far for now

*Miss Ahoy ( Work Permit)
*Kemdee. (Masters @University Of Toronto)
*Ulo123. (PHD@Simon Fraser University)
*Mosquitoway (Flight School)

I wonder what's goin on @ d embassy? I don't get it, no single college student issued visa yet. Am Thanking God already cus I knw we will get this visa by his grace.Amen

OUr TRV is sure IJN

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.