Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511070 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
xtus:

Congrat man........ Wht sch are u going to and wht course?
Thanks bro. University of Northern British Columbia. Computer Science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
kenniy:

you prolly have tot to check, but just in case, you might wanna go thro your spam/bulk mails..there might be the 'treasure' there
Thanks bro. Just checked it now. It's not there. It must be the email error.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
2_precious:

D trv is for my baby, I got mine alongside my husband when I was pregnant of her but I stayed back to have her in nigeria. My husband is currently there studying @ UoA, We will join him as soon as her trv is out
Wow...big big Congrats on ur TRV!!!, no worries ur baby's TRV is sure by Gods grace, lets kip tanking God cus he's already done it, its just d calls we shld be expecting dats all!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by djay1: 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

Unfortunately, there are guaranteed steps. Just pay attention to details and do the right thing. It's a matter of ''do your best and leave the rest''. Submit the right documents and convince the VO beyond doubts. Picture yourself as the VO and as the following questions
1) Does this sponsor have enough fund and source of income to cater for the applicant's tuition and living expenses, and to fend for himself and his other dependents?
2) How is this sponsor related to the applicant that would make him sponsor his education abroad?
3) Is the applicant going to pursue a genuine course (Bonafide student)
4) what ties does this applicant have that could lead to his return to Nigeria? Family, Job, Properties......although the VO knows most student dont return after studies (Canada gat enough routes for students to remain in Canada)

The VOs are human and are bound to errors in judgement. So, I would advise you focus more on the success stories in order not to be discouraged. The case of those that were denied should only give you an idea of ''what not to do''

Yes, You can be denied based on certain health issues especially those that cannot be cured within a short period...

Thanks a lot for the info and the surpport on thought shift from negative to positive that was really helpful
And every point stated has been noted.
Godless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by djay1: 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
xtus:

Read thru part 1 - 3 of dis thread and u will know the sure way to get ur visa approved

Wow amazed at the vol of info I ave been able to gather there.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
ZionSpecie:

Nice One Man.. Congrats.. !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by twizer(f): 12:14am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello house! I got an e mail from u of s regarding issuance of amission letter for mph fall 2013, I was told that a decision will be made onMy file mid- late April! How awful? Will the remaining month be enough to process my visa? Did anyone in the house apply to u of s mph? Pls let's bond while we wait.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2013
ZionSpecie:

Congrat bro, ΐ also applied to UNBC though ΐ am still awaiting their response, do share with the house the documents you submitted. When did you submit your application?

twizer: Hello house! I got an e mail from u of s regarding issuance of amission letter for mph fall 2013, I was told that a decision will be made onMy file mid- late April! How awful? Will the remaining month be enough to process my visa? Did anyone in the house apply to u of s mph? Pls let's bond while we wait.
Processing of documents take between 4-6months,ΐ believe you have ample time, what you can do now is to start gathering your documents to be submitted to the embassy.ΐ believe the gurus in the house will do justice to that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2013
ZionSpecie:

Congrat bro, ΐ also applied to UNBC though ΐ am still awaiting their response, do share with the house the documents you submitted. When did you submit your application?

twizer: Hello house! I got an e mail from u of s regarding issuance of amission letter for mph fall 2013, I was told that a decision will be made onMy file mid- late April! How awful? Will the remaining month be enough to process my visa? Did anyone in the house apply to u of s mph? Pls let's bond while we wait.
Processing of documents take between 4-6months,ΐ believe you have ample time, what you can do now is to start gathering your documents to be submitted to the embassy.ΐ believe the gurus in the house will do justice to that.cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:08am On Feb 28, 2013

Bros a friend of mine received email from college of graduate studies that decision had been made on her application. She applied for MPH Fall 2013.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2013
Who's is his/her program starting May 1?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 9:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Reading thru d part 1 and 2 of this thread after my recent denial, have come to know of so many things and currently working on them to avoid past mistake as I tend to re-apply soonest........ I will advise others to do the same.

Its no punishment @ all, it also fun when u do and reading thru my 1st post on d part 2 of this thread and jus can't stop laughing @ my self on hw I used to ask some funny questions back then.

@ all who have gotten their TRV I say congrat..... To dose who were recently called for medicals, congrat as well and those awaiting medical/TRV call....... The lord is ur strength. Success is ours!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockar: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2013
Robbie37:

@earthgreeners Thanks brother, I agree with you on the Form A... If one is not in a hurry, It'll save some money due to the CBN exchange rate and at the end, I think you'll get a better document trail for archiving and enquiry purposes.

But I had a terrible personal experience with wiring tuition fee. There was an error with my details at the bank that transferred the money and it took me about three weeks of calls and emails to rectify. In fact, I had to call the school's VP office to resolve it. But when I was to pay the balance I opted for the card option and in 2mins my transaction was complete and I had my receipt scanned to me at the day's end.

So after all said and done my brother there are Pros' and Cons' each person has to choose his/ her way undecided

Cheers!

i think i will go with the domiciliary account transfer....that will be better and faster. the experience u just narrated with form A is scary. i wont want any mistake on the payment, most banks are saying form A is an old form of transfer, that the don't really use it again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2013
olufemi14: Who's is his/her program starting May 1?
My programme is starting in May but no precise date yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2013
@Huzzie whc skul? Mine is Conestoga College Kitchener Ontario PG Project Management. Start date may 1.. Tuition n Board Paid
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
@Adexhat,have u visited the VAC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adexhat(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hi all,
I got my doc. from vsf 2day and its denial on financial basis only. After checking my documents i found out that the scholarship letter which i sent to them via regular post is MISSING, not delivered as at the processing time.
My plan: search for the letter both from post office and CDHC office and the RE-LOAD MY GUN and fire back!
My advice: never send supporting document by post, go there yourself.
My feeling: quite sad (for dat post error), but stronger and ready to push on. No retreat no surrender...!
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xyoung: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello house,
i need an urgent information, please help me
I have an Electrical/Electronic Engineering first degree and intend to study for my MSC in canada
I can either go for a MSC in Electrical and COmputing Engineering or MSC in Oil and Gas/Petroleum Engineering
I have (can source for) the funds for tuition and other expenses needed for the Msc program
What i need is the list of well known universities in canada affiliated to Oil and gas industry
I have some years of oil and gas experience with some international certifications in Nigeria so i know
getting a job post MSC wouldnt be a difficult thing if i attend the right University[b][size=16pt]
PLEASE SOME1 SUGGEST CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES AFFILIATED TO CANADIAN OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY[/size][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
olufemi14: @Huzzie whc skul? Mine is Conestoga College Kitchener Ontario PG Project Management. Start date may 1.. Tuition n Board Paid
Nice one brv, heading thr too for Human Resource Mgt...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Odinwa(m): 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hello everyone, I applied online to Algonquin college, ottawa for advanced diploma in biotechnology technologist but I haven't paid the application fee
I haven't sent my transcripts and other documents too. Pls does anyone know somethings about the school to tell me or give me any advice on this.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
olufemi14: @Huzzie whc skul? Mine is Conestoga College Kitchener Ontario PG Project Management. Start date may 1.. Tuition n Board Paid
Mine is Brock University for PG accounting.ΐ Ђåvε̲̣ nt paid anything waiting for medical call up.cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Adexhat: Hi all,
I got my doc. from vsf 2day and its denial on financial basis only. After checking my documents i found out that the scholarship letter which i sent to them via regular post is MISSING, not delivered as at the processing time.
My plan: search for the letter both from post office and CDHC office and the RE-LOAD MY GUN and fire back!
My feeling: quite sad (for dat post error), but stronger and ready to push on. No retreat no surrender...!
Cheers.
i love your spirit bro.God will see us through.it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Robbie37: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
rockar:

i think i will go with the domiciliary account transfer....that will be better and faster. the experience u just narrated with form A is scary. i wont want any mistake on the payment, most banks are saying form A is an old form of transfer, that the don't really use it again.

The differences btw the form A and domiciliary account is the fact that you have an Acc with the bank they both go thru SWIFT the error could still occur. The person that worked on the actual transaction omitted some of my details when effecting the transfer. The real lesson here is to ensure they carry you along every step of the transaction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olufemi14(m): 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
@rockar: go wit d dom a/c and do d wire transfer... Just mk sure u writ d correct data... And include ur name and student I.D # becos u won't b der wen dey r doin d processing and d bank will only send u d telex copy 1ce d transaction is made and it wil tk lyk 2/3days b4 it reflect in d skul a/c depending on wen d transaction is done.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by vooz(f): 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2013

I also applied tO USASK for MPH fall 2013 and my admission has been approved since feb13.guess dats what earthgreener was trying to tell u .All will be well bro,am sure u will also be offered.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
xyoung: Hello house, i need an urgent information, please help me
I have an Electrical/Electronic Engineering first degree and intend to study for my MSC in canada
I can either go for a MSC in Electrical and COmputing Engineering or MSC in Oil and Gas/Petroleum Engineering
I have (can source for) the funds for tuition and other expenses needed for the Msc program
What i need is the list of well known universities in canada affiliated to Oil and gas industry
I have some years of oil and gas experience with some international certifications in Nigeria so i know
getting a job post MSC wouldnt be a difficult thing if i attend the right University[b][size=16pt]
PLEASE SOME1 SUGGEST CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES AFFILIATED TO CANADIAN OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY[/size][/b]

Search for Universities in;
Alberta
Calgary
Saskatchewan

OIL BOOM AREAS

Although Memorial University of Newfoundland also offers Oil and Gas engineering but dnt know much about the Oil and gas industry in the province
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Adexhat: Hi all,
Cheers.

You shot yourself on the leg...Thank God you now realize where the Trigger is....Just reload and take your shot again..This time, direct it to CDHC...

Bros, sending the scholarship letter in person, via email or courier would have been better naw.....

Besides, how much is in ur sponsor account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]@Earthgreener has started the Team fall since last year(kudos to you sir), Its high time someone started with Team spring/summer.TEAM SPRING/SUMMER1. Lucky Don ? Dec 3rd
2. Huzzie PG Brock Jan 21
3. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college ?

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
@Earthgreener has started the Team fall since last year(kudos to you sir), Its high time someone started with Team spring/summer.

TEAM SPRING/SUMMER
1. Lucky Don ? Dec 3rd

N.B- If you have a May start date please indicate. You would have to indicate your level, university/college and submission date.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Huzzie: @Earthgreener has started the Team fall since last year(kudos to you sir), Its high time someone started with Team spring/summer.

TEAM SPRING/SUMMER
1. Lucky Don ? Dec 3rd

kudos to u.God will will see all of us through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Huzzie: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
lucky Don: kudos to u.God will will see all of us through.
Your university/college
and level

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.