Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510531 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
ifegy:

Emm, not sure there's any Nigerian restaurants around there...yeah I think know Congee time but never been there...

If that area works for most people (it's on the subway line), there are lots and lots of choices. There's Starbucks opposite Finch subway for just coffee, an amazing Korean place 10 mins from the subway south of Finch, etc.

You could pull in the NL'ers that you're connected with.

Congee Time is like 3 mins walk from the Finch Station.
There is no Nigerian restaurant around there . . . And i could talk to the only NL that i know in person
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Congee Time is like 3 mins walk from the Finch Station.
There is no Nigerian restaurant around there . . . And i could talk to the only NL that i know in person

Sounds good...go for it!

And for others heading to the city or already in the city who are interested in touching base, please get in touch with either Fhemmmy or Bashtee or myself!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
ifegy:

Sounds good...go for it!

And for others heading to the city or already in the city who are interested in touching base, please get in touch with either Fhemmmy or Bashtee or myself!

Chief, let them get in touch with you guys and i will bring my other guy when the date and the venue has been decided on . . . I beg let the big guys make the call.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
geotherm:
Having a supervisor, is it a guarantee of funding and admission?

Sir, i can't say but you stand a chance SINCE you have no outstanding conditions
i'm Positive you'll get funding (from your testimony of the Prof wantin to be your supervisor) but it depends on the percentage. Maybe you should be prayin for at least 50-70/75% funding.

BTW, i'm a small boy ooooo..the word PHD sef dey scare me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bashtee: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
@ ifegy

Its a cool idea, anyone interested can indicate it here or keep in touch with you,i will talk to the other NLers,also the venue Finch Subway is not central
are you on skype?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
!! MORE GOOD TRV NEWS ARE ABOUT TO COME IN THE HOUSE!....

@Missed everyone jaa're am back anyways!.... we'll get there.

@ Sir P. Any news yet..... me don track tire ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
TO ALL INTENDIN U of SASK
i think its a general thing for the slow response in updating the admission portal. If after all the admission requirement have been met and you didn't get any response from the admission team or on your portal (your application status ought to change to DECISION MADE) I'll suggest yu do smthin like this.

Send them a mail like the one below

Hello,
i'd like to know the documents i'll be needing to process my study permit. The reason i'm planning ahead is because official processing time CDHC in my country suggested for a study permit is 4-6 months. I want to start gathering my documents so as to meet the 4-6 months rule of CDHC though right now, time is no more on my side. It is already 4months and a week to the start of the winter term
Thanks.
Applicants number
Applicants Name

two things are certain, you'll get a response. and it wld help the decision of your application.(it wld make dem decide early IF you really merit being admitted)

i sent them a mail like that when my application status showed "decision made" for a month and 2days
it was then that i got to know that i've been admitted a month earlier.
So my admission letter came late for september start date.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
bashtee: @ ifegy

Its a cool idea, anyone interested can indicate it here or keep in touch with you,i will talk to the other NLers,also the venue Finch Subway is not central
are you on skype?

If Finch is not central, no worries; whatever works for everyone, is what we'll work towards.

Yes I am on skype. Do you mind sending me an email (check profile for email address) and I will send you my skype id? I'd prefer that to putting it on here. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
ifegy:

If Finch is not central, no worries; whatever works for everyone, is what we'll work towards.

Yes I am on skype. Do you mind sending me an email (check profile for email address) and I will send you my skype id? I'd prefer that to putting it on here. Thanks.

Downtown Toronto is not a bad idea too . . . What do you guys think of Korean gril?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Downtown Toronto is not a bad idea too . . . What do you guys think of Korean gril?

...location/closest intersection/subway stop, for everyone's reference? Please and thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
ifegy:

...location/closest intersection/subway stop, for everyone's reference? Please and thanks!

The central one is Yonge & Bloor . . .http://www.koreangrillhouse.com/
You grill your own meet yourself while you there and men, tasty and nice
Closest Subway is Bloor Station.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fellows, I am new here and also in the run for a study visa for my trip to canada in january.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Bashtee,
what's good bro? cool dude cheesy I am interested,it's jst dat I still dey 9ja cheesy Bless ya all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Fhemmmy:

The central one is Yonge & Bloor . . .http://www.koreangrillhouse.com/
You grill your own meet yourself while you there and men, tasty and nice
Closest Subway is Bloor Station.

Ok, Bloor sounds central...let's see what other respondents have to say...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
@all d gurus in d house,i want to ask that how do u guys go about d tax clearance cert u added to ur documentation,did u pay at d FIRS or at d bank,nd what/how do i obtain a tax identificatn number if i want to pay,pls i nid urgent responses cos am hoping to submit my docs@d VFS in soonest...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
newacca: @Bashtee,
what's good bro? cool dude cheesy I am interested,it's jst dat I still dey 9ja cheesy Bless ya all.
@newacca, pls i need to get in touch with u via email..a very inportant dscusn i nid ur opinion abt. Grandjury_5@yahoo.com is my email address..God bless & get well quickly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
eo2002: Still waiting on CDHC did my medical on the 15th of Aug school resumes 4th of sept....today is 29th sick of waiting my body is here my soul is in Toronto already.

I did my medicals the same day and not gotten response too. Which school are U heading to bro? Wishing us all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:14am On Aug 30, 2012
Viewing this topic: earthgreeners(m)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 6:59am On Aug 30, 2012
efosa12345:

Nope, u don't need to get it certified, just go to alagbon police station Obalende, if u lives in Lagos. The prize if 5k-8k
I did mine on Monday for 4k, so let no man swindle you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2012
@dehump,newacca pls help me wit ds issue
Danyl: @all d gurus in d house,i want to ask that how do u guys go about d tax clearance cert u added to ur documentation,did u pay at d FIRS or at d bank,nd what/how do i obtain a tax identificatn number if i want to pay,pls i nid urgent responses cos am hoping to submit my docs@d VFS in soonest...
@ebugirl,pls how did u obtain d tax clearance cert u used,pls i nid enlightenment,tanx
n i hope u must b warming up 4ur trip nw.

@solomonokeigh,how far nw,i've nt bn seeing u around,are u stil warming up or there already,i wish u al d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:33am On Aug 30, 2012
this forum is getting dull by the questions we ask dis days.the pioneers in d house have taken their time to ans all questions in part1 and 2..lets make use of google as wel 4 clarifications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]
@rockar,SPENCER IS PATIENTLY WAITING 4 HERE JAWE...JUNE APPLICANTS WHATZ HAPENING
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2012
[quote author=Jesus4all]@spencer and others june applicant, waiting for medical cal and trv,baba,stil patiently waiting.GOD WUD ANSWER OUR PRAYERs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2012
kennyGGG:
I did mine on Monday for 4k, so let no man swindle you.

Our police officers are not truthfull, I was even begging for 5k, they managed did it for 6k for me. I don for mugu b tht.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2012
efosa12345:

Our police officers are not truthfull, I was even begging for 5k, they managed did it for 6k for me. I don for mugu b tht.
Na so! No standard, it is just as u bargain reach and how desperate they see u.With prior knowledge u will be calm and they won't let u and ur moni go.Don't even know y embassies are taking us to those rogues.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2012
Don Cipher:
@newacca, pls i need to get in touch with u via email..a very inportant dscusn i nid ur opinion abt. Grandjury_5@yahoo.com is my email address..God bless & get well quickly.

Ok Sir. You can buzz me on: maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2012
Haven't been here a while now....good to know nairalanders are getting to meet themselves in Canada.....meanwhile I haven't seen a post from donnnet...did he get to cvanada and keep silent.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2012
Hello ....this has been on my mind a while and I have finally decided to ask the house....will be going for youth service next year February ...so this means that by time my application would be getting to Canadian embassy, I will be a corper....and i don't know if that will complicate issues or me......

I read somewhere in this thread where somewhere told Canadian embassy that she had to come back to serve as a corper after her master programme because without her Nysc she would not be able to get into Nigerian labour system...so this served as her genuine reason for her return...

Pls I need suggestions ASAP .....plssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2012
newacca:

Ok Sir. You can buzz me on: maplelandnewacca@yahoo.com

Bros on τ̲̅ђe study permit form where they ask for cost of ♍y studies........ Am I to fill in tuition + 10000 or tuition + room and board + others to sum up τ̲̅ђe total available fund
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
xtus:

Bros on τ̲̅ђe study permit form where they ask for cost of ♍y studies........ Am I to fill in tuition + 10000 or tuition + room and board + others to sum up τ̲̅ђe total available fund
Tuition+Room and Board + others miscellaneous expenses. na dat go do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.