Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510547 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
newacca:
Tuition+Room and Board + others miscellaneous expenses. na dat go do.

Some1 using a coy acct...... Do u think 4M is okay or it shuld b more dan dat if d person tuition for 1yr is 15k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eo2002: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
pharmow:

I did my medicals the same day and not gotten response too. Which school are U heading to bro? Wishing us all the best

Am heading to centennial college..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
xtus:

Some1 using a coy acct...... Do u think 4M is okay or it shuld b more dan dat if d person tuition for 1yr is 15k

A coy account of 4M Naira, i will say that is low and here are some of the reasons:
1. Time to pay tuition and same time to take delivery of goods and services, how would they allocate funds.
2. Such funds does now show a heavy coy.
However, at the end of the day, all depends on the inflow/outflow of cash in and out of that account . . . but from experience something heavier might be better, cos 15K of tuition alone is over 2M Naira and rents alone might be another, accommodation could be another 8400$$, feeding per year could be another 3600$$, transportation another 1800$$ and i am sure some other expenses, no now you see 4M Naira is a little on the low side . . Pls note that i am not saying you can get visa with 4M Naira oh, only increase your chance with more dough
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZiggyHimself(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
Seriously life after TRV is "every second counts". I have being trying to make out time after getting my TRV two days ago, but tonight I go break the "ENTIRE" waka for una. The Do's and Don'ts according to ZIGGY coming tonight.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

A coy account of 4M Naira, i will say that is low and here are some of the reasons:
1. Time to pay tuition and same time to take delivery of goods and services, how would they allocate funds.
2. Such funds does now show a heavy coy.
However, at the end of the day, all depends on the inflow/outflow of cash in and out of that account . . . but from experience something heavier might be better, cos 15K of tuition alone is over 2M Naira and rents alone might be another, accommodation could be another 8400$$, feeding per year could be another 3600$$, transportation another 1800$$ and i am sure some other expenses, no now you see 4M Naira is a little on the low side . . Pls note that i am not saying you can get visa with 4M Naira oh, only increase your chance with more dough

Thanks bro...... D total for a year is 27k including transport, feed and housing and i'm planning  mkin it 6M. Plz letter of consent does it need to be sign @ d court or ♍y dad can just write and sign τ̲̅ђe letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by anyijoe: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
eo2002:

@eo2002....hey bro! I'm going to centennial college too..I hope we can rub minds together sha aspa!...my bbm is 27A1A690 or email talk2nike4love@gmail.com...looking forward to hear from u.

All june applicants,med and trv hopefuls in the house I believe there will be inflow of good news again in the house starting from monday!...God will see us thru ijn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
xtus:

Thanks bro...... D total for a year is 27k including transport, feed and housing and i'm planning  mkin it 6M. Plz letter of consent does it need to be sign @ d court or ♍y dad can just write and sign τ̲̅ђe letter

If i were in your shoes, i will have the court make it happen, more authentic and speaks volume, always better not to give them reason to question anything
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hello Fhemmy.What is my chances of getting a visa if I use my friend who works with an Oil company as a sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
I want to undertake a Masters program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
is it compulsory for an adult of 26 years to include a letter of consent in his/documents for student TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2012
Well,
For those writing and not getting response from Uni of sask, I suggest u use a captivating subject. Remember these ppl receive tons of mails daily, so at times, they just flip through and delete
Find below samples of subjects that have worked for mej
Reminder- application status ifo name dob dept
Inquiry application status ifo name dob dept-DO NOT DELETE.
The above works for me in every day life.

Also, wen callin Canada, remember we have like 6hours time difference, so its possible u wia calling wen they have left office and are sleeping. I call mostly at night -8pm to midnight ( wen they r almost thru for d day)

Am still trying to get funds, a cousin of mine just disappointed me last week, am nt discouraged though cos I know its nt over till its over.I plan to sell one of my plots.

At Fhemmy, hw much do u think will be enough for closing balance for sumone whose living expense for one year is 22020CAD ? Its a 2 year course? Self sponsorship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
Ntom: Hello Fhemmy.What is my chances of getting a visa if I use my friend who works with an Oil company as a sponsor?

Honestly, your chance is very limited.
Cos how would your prove your relationship and when you say a friend, friend can mess you up anyday any time.
I will advice you sponsor yourself or your parents.
However, u never can tell, you could be one out of the 100 . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
mercylicious:
At Fhemmy, hw much do u think will be enough for closing balance for sumone whose living expense for one year is 22020CAD ? Its a 2 year course? Self sponsorship.

Please confirm that well, living expenses of 22K$$, what is that person doing, or do you mean living expenses and all other expenses.
Break it down for easier digestion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Please confirm that well, living expenses of 22K$$, what is that person doing, or do you mean living expenses and all other expenses.

Sorry for d omission. Tuition and living expense for a year is 22020CAd.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Sorry for d omission. Tuition and living expense for a year is 22020CAd. Its a 2 year course bt d admision letter states 3 to 5 years. Meng Univ of regina.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
mercylicious: Well,

Also, wen callin Canada, remember we have like 6hours time difference, so its possible u wia calling wen they have left office and are sleeping. I call mostly at night -8pm to midnight ( wen they r almost thru for d day)

sending them email around 7pm-10pm (working days) works for me. I always get reply before 11:30pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
mercylicious:

Sorry for d omission. Tuition and living expense for a year is 22020CAd. Its a 2 year course bt d admision letter states 3 to 5 years. Meng Univ of regina.

Please note that the embassy dont have to see 22K$ * 2 in the account, the flow of money in and out of the account is the most important things, they are not stupid and dont expect you to keep millions in your account nothing with them . . . but at least something that makes sense.
Like if the inflow of cash is great, 5M Naira is not bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
@fhemmy...pls my tuition and cost of living is about 15k Canadian dollars...for one year and my course is going to run for just one year...I would want to know how closing balance my sponsor should have in his account...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2012
Briony84: @fhemmy...pls my tuition and cost of living is about 15k Canadian dollars...for one year and my course is going to run for just one year...I would want to know how closing balance my sponsor should have in his account...

There is not particular amount to have in the account, there is not specific amount, but just to be on safe side and for them not to think that you could become a liability to their system, 4M Naira wont be a bad idea, cos 15,000$$ is just a like 2.5M Naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
Fhemmmy:

There is not particular amount to have in the account, there is not specific amount, but just to be on safe side and for them not to think that you could become a liability to their system, 4M Naira wont be a bad idea, cos 15,000$$ is just a like 2.5M Naira.

Ok that is cool but there is also a steady flow and outflow of cash into the account everyday....how abt that?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
Briony84: Ok that is cool but there is also a steady flow and outflow of cash into the account everyday....how abt that?.

That will be to your advantage. . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
dealexad: Fellows, I am new here and also in the run for a study visa for my trip to canada in january.
U are welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hello n' landers Pls I nid ur advice
Just got denied by the embassy and I want to mail the school (carleton university) to let them knw and to collect back my documents I want to apply to another school. Wats ur advice abt dis
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
mikky4all: Hello n' landers Pls I nid ur advice
Just got denied by the embassy and I want to mail the school (carleton university) to let them knw and to collect back my documents I want to apply to another school. Wats ur advice abt dis

what Document?...documents are not returned
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by babaoo: 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
please guys i really need your help, i just came across this thread and i have being dieing to get a thread like this,well i got admission into one of the school in Canada university of Saskatchewan.please i need the A-Z details of document am gonna need please guys, i want to go and submit at the embassy by 6th of September as my admission is at January.please guys i need a list of all the required document please..you email me the list here dkarev@yahoo.com or better still listed the document here for other that might be in same shoes with me can also see it.
thanks guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ZiggyHimself(m): 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
For those of us who find it a “long thing” to read this thread from page one, today is kinda your lucky day. This is my experience on what I did and didn’t do….and thank Oluwa….my VISA don ripe.
If your blood dey hot, just skip some few paragraphs to see what my application was like, but before that, lemme break down some highlights. but SHUN….na the maggi and curri wey I put for inside na en stand me out (some other guys in the agent umbrella got bounced).
Thanks to the house, my sister did her application herself last year and got it from all the nairaland discussion. I stole some major stunts from her to achieve mine.
1. I’ll save this for the last thing I type…so it would stick to your brain.
2. Your paper work must be tight: These embassy guys are not out to deny people, they have a job to keep, so if there is any slight thing that is not connecting in your application, they save their a** by denying. Make sure any document not clear is explained with a letter before they even see the document. Example…drafting a letter to say that your sponsor is the sole owner of his business with no staff, that is if you want to combine company acct and personal acct.
3. Arrange your application as if it was a story book: Make the embassy guys glide through your documents with ease. It’s like you putting a STUDY LEAVE GRANT ten pages after your STUDY LEAVE APPLICATION. Place your documents the way your life happened i.e. Birth Certificate, SSCE, BENG, NYSC, and EMPLOYMENT LETTER etc, in a progressive manner of life.
These are a few points I can recall for now…but am sure more of them would bump into my head if need arises. I used an agent but I arranged my file myself,
And yes, for point one, PUT GOD FIRST.....I fasted....for one day sha...but God was there.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:53am On Aug 31, 2012
babaoo: please guys i really need your help, i just came across this thread and i have being dieing to get a thread like this,well i got admission into one of the school in Canada university of Saskatchewan.please i need the A-Z details of document am gonna need please guys, i want to go and submit at the embassy by 6th of September as my admission is at January.please guys i need a list of all the required document please..you email me the list here dkarev@yahoo.com or better still listed the document here for other that might be in same shoes with me can also see it.
thanks guys.

i sent u an email...check d pdf attached...itz d checklist
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:02am On Aug 31, 2012
Ziggy Himself: For those of us who find it a “long thing” to read this thread from page one, today is kinda your lucky day. This is my experience on what I did and didn’t do….and thank Oluwa….my VISA don ripe.
If your blood dey hot, just skip some few paragraphs to see what my application was like, but before that, lemme break down some highlights. but SHUN….na the maggi and curri wey I put for inside na en stand me out (some other guys in the agent umbrella got bounced).
Thanks to the house, my sister did her application herself last year and got it from all the nairaland discussion. I stole some major stunts from her to achieve mine.
1. I’ll save this for the last thing I type…so it would stick to your brain.
2. Your paper work must be tight: These embassy guys are not out to deny people, they have a job to keep, so if there is any slight thing that is not connecting in your application, they save their a** by denying. Make sure any document not clear is explained with a letter before they even see the document. Example…drafting a letter to say that your sponsor is the sole owner of his business with no staff, that is if you want to combine company acct and personal acct.
3. Arrange your application as if it was a story book: Make the embassy guys glide through your documents with ease. It’s like you putting a STUDY LEAVE GRANT ten pages after your STUDY LEAVE APPLICATION. Place your documents the way your life happened i.e. Birth Certificate, SSCE, BENG, NYSC, and EMPLOYMENT LETTER etc, in a progressive manner of life.
These are a few points I can recall for now…but am sure more of them would bump into my head if need arises. I used an agent but I arranged my file myself,
And yes, for point one, PUT GOD FIRST.....I fasted....for one day sha...but God was there.

I agree with ur point from 1-3 but point 4 and 5...I totally disagree...u might be lucky in your own case...The VO can be smart and can be dull attimes..they are human...nobody wld leave for canada just to return for a job that pay 50k monthly...those VOs sabi how we dey think ooo......everytin na packaging and God sha.....most people dat got TRV here didnt even show proof of employment..dat one nko....If u have a well paid and secured job here in Nigeria..itz a good tie sha ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:04am On Aug 31, 2012
If I was the VO and had to access Ziggy with his employment story...i would deny him at first sight.....with the reason...Im not satisfied you would return after ur studies.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by valentino81(m): 3:23am On Aug 31, 2012
earthgreeners:

i sent u an email...check d pdf attached...itz d checklist

Kindly send the same pdf of d chekclist to my mail box. Valentino4ualone@gmail.com

Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 7:01am On Aug 31, 2012
eo2002:

Ok bro, am heading to Niagara college.

@Ziggy himself when did U do your medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 7:41am On Aug 31, 2012
babaoo: please guys i really need your help, i just came across this thread and i have being dieing to get a thread like this,well i got admission into one of the school in Canada university of Saskatchewan.please i need the A-Z details of document am gonna need please guys, i want to go and submit at the embassy by 6th of September as my admission is at January.please guys i need a list of all the required document please..you email me the list here dkarev@yahoo.com or better still listed the document here for other that might be in same shoes with me can also see it.
thanks guys.

If U can spend about 2 hrs to flip through the thread from the beginning, am sure U will get a whole lot of information that will help U because individuals cases are different and the documents that worked for me may not work for U. Just to help U out with your request, your peculiarity will determine the documents you will need to submit. For example, are you going for undergraduate or post graduate? are U sponsoring yourself or is it someone else sponsoring? how close are U to the person sponsoring U? are U working presently or not? are U married or single? there are so many questions U need to answer that will determine the kinna documents U will submit. Irrespective of your situation, these are the documents U will need to submit. Your filled application and family background forms U will get from www.cic.gc.ca, your birth certificate and those of your parents and siblings, police clearance cert, letter of admission from the university, your letter of intent (a summary about yourself, what U have been doing, why U picked the course U want to do and the reasons behind canada being your country of choice). Note that all the documents U will submit must be original

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.