Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510561 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow:

Re you sayin someone can't use multiple sponsors?
Not even a parent and a brother?
dual sponsor is o.k but some use 3 or 4 sponsors.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Mulitple sponsors are allowed as long as they are related and you can proof their relationship to you.....

i know
and we're getting somethings mixed up here.
CDHC says they treat applications differently.
We know some documents are necessities BUT why are we trying to UNIFY all applications?

This isn't FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS, this is (i think) ECONOMICS, and it deals with human WANTS which are always DYNAMIC i.e what worked yesterday Might not work Tomorrow.
We all know not everyone is required to pay Tuition before TRV earlier this year, but the DYNAMIC nature of HUMAN WANTS has "entered" CDHC

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: CDHC requires an applicant to submit birth certificate and marriage certificates of their family members whether or not they are accompanying u to Canada.. Thatz why u fill Family info form...people submit copy of data page of passport when dey cant get hold of birthcertificates
i belief dats gud for family man or woman.itz gud ties leaving wife and children in nigeria bt travel to study.bt d case is diferent where ur parent spons u abroad leaving sibling and parent here.plz wat wud surely bring u back.ur parent?ur sibling?these are diferent cases.if u wana include no wahala
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow: i know
and we're getting somethings mixed up here.cDHC says they treat each application differently.
We know some documents are necessities BUT why are we trying to UNIFY all applications? This isn't FIRST LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS, this is (i think) ECONOMICS, and it deals with human WANTS which is always DYNAMIC i.e what works yeaterday Might not work Tomorrow.We all know not everyone is required to pay Tuition before TRV before, but the DYNAMIC nature of HUMAN WANTS has "entered" CDHC

I understand your point my brother..... Applicants must have prompted CDHC to change their tactics..... Over syllabus don kill some people, why person go submit 4 sponsors?...using 4 sponsors is just like combining 4WAEC results.......
2 should be the maximum for a normal application........

All d best.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
@lft, please check ur email....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705:
i belief dats gud for family man or woman.itz gud ties leaving wife and children in nigeria bt travel to study.bt d case is diferent where ur parent spons u abroad leaving sibling and parent here.plz wat wud surely bring u back.ur parent?ur sibling?these are diferent cases.if u wana include no wahala

Mr Spencer sir, i dis agree wif this view.....
Your parents and ALL your siblings being nigerian and living in 9ja to me would make you "HOME SICK".....so i believe it is part of Ties, it doesn't mean you wld rush home immediately after your studies BUT as a good pikin, you'd surely come home sumday..(maybe after sortin out your paperz)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow: Mr Spencer sir, i dis agree wif this view.....Your parents and ALL your siblings being nigerian and living in 9ja to me would make you "HOME SICK".....so i believe it is part of Ties, it doesn't mean you wld rush home immediately after your studies BUT as a good pikin, you'd surely come home sumday..(maybe after sortin out your paperz)

I stongly agree with lillawow....
The family info is to show that u have a family to return to in Nigeria......

@spencer, u wouldnt say because I have 5 siblings and parents in 9igeria, i dnt have a strong tie....Ofcourse, I do.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
@earthgreeners.usually when one applies online,supportin documents to be submitted are listed on the applicant's online portal.my question is whether the school might require any other supporting document not listed on the online portal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
@omosanyaolak
watz up wif u.secret viewer,guy share ur thought baba.mr clown
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: @earthgreeners.usually when one applies online,supportin documents to be submitted are listed on the applicant's online portal.my question is whether the school might require any other supporting document not listed on the online portal

After applying, I received an email from my proposed department, they listed the documents I needed to submit to complete my applications which are the same with the ones listed on the pawn portal..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow:

Mr Spencer sir, i dis agree wif this view.....
Your parents and ALL your siblings being nigerian and living in 9ja to me would make you "HOME SICK".....so i believe it is part of Ties, it doesn't mean you wld rush home immediately after your studies BUT as a good pikin, you'd surely come home sumday..(maybe after sortin out your paperz)

if u are a family man,wud u stay till u get ur papers having left ur family in nigeria for donkey years.dats my point.embassy doesnt want u to seek assylum dats their point.best ties are parent ties,work ties xpecialy convincing embasy u wana gain xperience to work 4 ur parents,landed properties.
The family information provided is meant for immigration purpose to knw those u relate with sud incase they wana visit u in d future and nt 4 d purpose of ties.i stand on dis.u sud b careful in filling the form.if u av nine siblings,i wud urge u to reduce d number cos u dnt stand a gud chance xpetialy if u ar being sponsored by parents.the question is y wud parent spend dat huge money on u wen u av 8 siblings left?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

After applying, I received an email from my proposed department, they listed the documents I needed to submit to complete my applications which are the same with the ones listed on the pawn portal..
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705: if u are a family man,wud u stay till u get ur papers having left ur family in nigeria for donkey years.dats my point.embassy doesnt want u to seek assylum dats their point.best ties are parent ties,work ties xpecialy convincing embasy u wana gain xperience to work 4 ur parents,landed properties.The family information provided is meant for immigration purpose to knw those u relate with sud incase they wana visit u in d future and nt 4 d purpose of ties.i stand on dis.u sud b careful in filling the form.if u av nine siblings,i wud urge u to reduce d number cos u dnt stand a gud chance xpetialy if u ar being sponsored by parents.the question is y wud parent spend dat huge money on u wen u av 8 siblings left?

Consider a case, A guy has 8siblings (6bros, 2 sisters), his father is dead, and his brothers wanna sponsor him... He is the youngest, all his brothers are of age n well established.....
How would you advise him to fill the family info form?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @lft, please check ur email....

Check you mail. I have replied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
AugustApplicant:

@1ft: I asked this question earlier. Please could you answer it.

Are you being sponsored or self sponsored?
Didn't you show proof of funds in your earlier submission? Why did you think CDHC is asking for proof of personal fund?

I am being sponsored by my brother. Yes I included his stmt of account, payslip and property docs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Consider a case, A guy has 8siblings (6bros, 2 sisters), his father is dead, and his brothers wanna sponsor him... He is the youngest, all his brothers are of age n well established.....
How would you advise him to fill the family info form?...

since his brodas and sisters are well established,being d last born,he is gud to be sponsored by his broda.while filling the form,he could state he has 7 siblings stating their work place since dey are well established.by so doing embassy wud consider dat aside the principal sponsor,he still has multiple streams of income from brodas and sisters.the case is different where most siblings are dependants.thats y u must be strategic.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by inspirizu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
lft:

I am being sponsored by my brother. Yes I included his stmt of account, payslip and property docs.

Bro av applied to uni of M too so I was wondering how you sort out your reference letter, how long does it take to send you admission letter and stuffs
Also talking abt the cost of accommodation prices are on the website they have different rooms and different meal plan depending on ur choice.....
Can we talk better my E mail is inspirizu@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Mr Spencer, you are on point

@Mr lft i sent u anoda email, would add u on Ymessenger now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
inspirizu:

Bro av applied to uni of M too so I was wondering how you sort out your reference letter, how long does it take to send you admission letter and stuffs
Also talking abt the cost of accommodation prices are on the website they have different rooms and different meal plan depending on ur choice.....
Can we talk better my E mail is inspirizu@yahoo.com

You have to track down your referees to get your references done on time. Are you going for ug or pg?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
lft, plz try respond to my emai..my YM jst went off
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: lft, plz try respond to my emai..my YM jst went off

I have responded.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by inspirizu(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
lft:

You have to track down your referees to get your references done on time. Are you going for ug or pg?

Tanx bro na PG Ooo°˚˚˚°
So how long does it take for the admission letter to Be ready
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705:

since his brodas and sisters are well established,being d last born,he is gud to be sponsored by his broda.while filling the form,he could state he has 7 siblings stating their work place since dey are well established.by so doing embassy wud consider dat aside the principal sponsor,he still has multiple streams of income from brodas and sisters.the case is different where most siblings are dependants.thats y u must be strategic.

spencer3705:
if u are a family man,wud u stay till u get ur papers having left ur family in nigeria for donkey years.dats my point.embassy doesnt want u to seek assylum dats their point.best ties are parent ties,work ties xpecialy convincing embasy u wana gain xperience to work 4 ur parents,landed properties.
The family information provided is meant for immigration purpose to knw those u relate with sud incase they wana visit u in d future and nt 4 d purpose of ties.i stand on dis.u sud b careful in filling the form.if u av nine siblings,i wud urge u to reduce d number cos u dnt stand a gud chance xpetialy if u ar being sponsored by parents.the question is y wud parent spend dat huge money on u wen u av 8 siblings left?

Mr spencer, i still don't agree sir. You are partially right. You have to check the "study permit checklist" form again..
even if you have 10 siblings, so far your parents are in position to sponsor you as in good jobs and good pay (especially when they have less dependants), you're good to go. And i will also advise that kind of person to fill his/her family form with all honesty. As in include ALL his/her siblings including adopted (if any)

i think the mistakes many people make is in their SPONSORS LETTER of SPONSORSHIP.
The study permit checklist specifically said under the "reference letter" and i quote " FROM THE INDIVIDUAL(S) (note the individual is singlular and/or plural) PROVIDING YOUR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR YOUR PROGRAM. THE LETTER MUST INDICATE THEIR EMPLOYMENT; THEIR OCCUPATION; THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO YOU, THEIR NUMBER OF DEPENDANTS AND FULL CONTACT DETAILS. For extended family member sponsorship please include proof of relationship (such as family tree, photos, proof of prior financial support of your education to date if applicable, etc)"

All other things being equal (Cetris paribus), where i think the mistake might arise for that particular person (with eight or more siblings) is the kind of sponsorship letter he submitted with his/her application. Imagine that kind of situation and it wasn't state on the sponsorship letter how many dependant children the parents have.

I'll suggest people should take their time and write good sponsorship letter. Indicate the relationship with the applicant, the sponsors occupation and/or proof of business number of dependant (it is better to state the applicant is your only dependant)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Briony84(f): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2012
@earthgreeners......amjust busywith my life arranging my documents for my application to MUN....am sure your through with that stage of ur application process. In the other hand.....I come to this thread everyday to get more information so that I know that am track here....Last Time I cheked I still get right to observe untttil I have something to say....abi no be so.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:04am On Sep 13, 2012
Briony84: @earthgreeners......amjust busywith my life arranging my documents for my application to MUN....am sure your through with that stage of ur application process. In the other hand.....I come to this thread everyday to get more information so that I know that am track here....Last Time I cheked I still get right to observe untttil I have something to say....abi no be so.......

you are on point my big sister, wish u all the best in your applications...............its not been easy contacting supervisors and sending supporting documents to usask and umanitoba considering the fact that I might still send application to MUN, no mind me , na funding oppurtunities dey make me do multi applications............please do not hesitate to contact me if u encounter any ish in ur application..........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:09am On Sep 13, 2012
lillaowow: Mr spencer, i still don't agree sir. You are partially right. You have to check the "study permit checklist" form again..
even if you have 10 siblings, so far your parents are in position to sponsor you as in good jobs and good pay (especially when they have less dependants), you're good to go. And i will also advise that kind of person to fill his/her family form with all honesty. As in include ALL his/her siblings including adopted (if any)

i think the mistakes many people make is in their SPONSORS LETTER of SPONSORSHIP.
The study permit checklist specifically said under the "reference letter" and i quote " FROM THE INDIVIDUAL(S) (note the individual is singlular and/or plural) PROVIDING YOUR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR YOUR PROGRAM. THE LETTER MUST INDICATE THEIR EMPLOYMENT; THEIR OCCUPATION; THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO YOU, THEIR NUMBER OF DEPENDANTS AND FULL CONTACT DETAILS. For extended family member sponsorship please include proof of relationship (such as family tree, photos, proof of prior financial support of your education to date if applicable, etc)"

All other things being equal (Cetris paribus), where i think the mistake might arise for that particular person (with eight or more siblings) is the kind of sponsorship letter he submitted with his/her application. Imagine that kind of situation and it wasn't state on the sponsorship letter how many dependant children the parents have.

I'll suggest people should take their time and write good sponsorship letter. Indicate the relationship with the applicant, the sponsors occupation and/or proof of business number of dependant (it is better to state the applicant is your only dependant

Mr Spencer and lillawow, u both have a point......from the argument, I conclude that it is better to fill in the family info appropriately without concealing information....plus your sponsor has to clear the air on number of dependent and that he is capable to cater for u and ur siblings, as the case may turn out to be....well, it all depends on individual case................

Thanks alot guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:23am On Sep 13, 2012
[center][/center]ON PAYMENT OF TUITION FEE

Here is my Opinion: Some schools do not allow you to pay before getting to Canada,unless the embassy (CDHC) request you to do so, some schools request you make part payment while some schools are open to either. If your school allows you to pay before your arrival there is no problem if you make payment. It somehow add to your evidence that you have adequate fund to study in Canada depending on your case...

All the best......More medicals and TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:11am On Sep 13, 2012
@shavel, I hail oo..u too much...thanks for calling...Wishing u all d best out there in Winnipeg, Manitoba..may Almighty Allah continue to bestow his blessings on u....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 13, 2012
earthgreeners: @shavel, I hail oo..u too much...thanks for calling...Wishing u all d best out there in Winnipeg, Manitoba..may Almighty Allah continue to bestow his blessings on u....
may Allah continue to be with you too and may he grant your wishes too, and to all other applicants may the almighty see you through insha-Allah.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:12am On Sep 13, 2012
inspirizu:

Tanx bro na PG Ooo°˚˚˚°
So how long does it take for the admission letter to Be ready

It depends on many parameters; you, your supervisor, your department and then the faculty of graduate studies. The timing could be between 2-5 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.