Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (510998 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
AugustApplicant: You may not need my advise or my advise may not be useful to you but trust me there is someone in this forum it may be of benefit to. So why not just take what you need and pretend you didn't see what you may not consider of benefit.One man's meat is anothers poison. Please tolerate my post for once and give me a break.

One love bro, I was just stating my opinion just like u stated yours...please dont take things too personal, I only commented based on my experience on this thread and what was written on the study permit checklist.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
@evelyno6
wadup wif u and ur aplication?i avnt seen u post 4 once.u b coded gurl jawe.

@earthgreener vs august aplicant,abeg make una sue 4 peace.remember truth is bitter.am sure u guyz wud b best of friends having got to canada.GOD WUD C US THRU.AMEN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Evelyn06 and Briony84, I hope say u girls are not spies oooo.... coded things abiii.....

@Spencer, augustapplicant dont understand that every cases are treated differently and that nothing guarantees study permit than an accurate and well packed document.......
me wey neva even get admission not to talk of applying for study permit.. i gentle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 12:04am On Sep 12, 2012
@ebugirl
Where are you? Wat
Sup with you now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2012
seir405: @ebugirl, Where are you? Wat Sup with you now

i guess she just arrived Canada and trying to settle...no be small thing oooo..im sure she would be on this thread soon to share her experience........fflower, shavel, sirdam, dipo, lyfe, solomonokaigar, bumdish, bashtee, pharmow, pauloman, pascal, bamishy, et all.....I miss dem on dis thread ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by udmaximus22: 12:45am On Sep 12, 2012
hello guys, just got on this website; referred to by a friend who flew out via help from in here. I'm sure i can get d same help needed. thanks y'all

i'v got d admission, undergrad in U or r, Sk. i'm a little confused on:
1 how much money i need in my personal account, for submission of visa application
2 can i use my sponsors account statement instead?
3 how much does my sponsor need to have? is it cash enuf 4 my upkeep + fees for a year? or upkeep throughout duration of programme?
4 my sponsor isn't a family member, but a long standing friend. what do i do?
5 i'v thought about him swearing to an affidavit that he will sponsor me...is it a good idea?

well, i hope i don't have too many questions. i need some help. i need apply this coming week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:51am On Sep 12, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 12:56am On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @Evelyn06 and Briony84, I hope say u girls are not spies oooo.... coded things abiii.....

@Spencer, augustapplicant dont understand that every cases are treated differently and that nothing guarantees study permit than an accurate and well packed document.......
me wey neva even get admission not to talk of applying for study permit.. i gentle

funny u!!!. U don turn hunter for dis forum.police anytin anytin.lol.man is gud u start d admision package nw.best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by udmaximus22: 12:57am On Sep 12, 2012
abeg how much Canada Visa Application Centre dey charge for submitting applicaiton thru them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:09am On Sep 12, 2012
udmaximus22: abeg how much Canada Visa Application Centre dey charge for submitting applicaiton thru them?

4125naira.pliz new comer take ur time to read from part 1,it wud b of great benefit to u in solvin most problems.GOOGLE is crying of not being used as people want ready made answer.let us all b inventors.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:37am On Sep 12, 2012
udmaximus22: hello guys, just got on this website; referred to by a friend who flew out via help from in here. I'm sure i can get d same help needed. thanks y'all

1 how much money i need in my personal account, for submission of visa application
3 how much does my sponsor need to have? is it cash enuf 4 my upkeep + fees for a year? or upkeep throughout duration of programme?
5 i'v thought about him swearing to an affidavit that he will sponsor me...is it a good idea?

well, i hope i don't have too many questions. i need some help. i need apply this coming week.

Affidavit ain't enough bro, you need more convincing proofs. I suggest you start from part 1 of this thread. I know what i'm saying...from what i've seen so far on this thread, there's 90% chance you will be denied with "sponsor not credible" bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:42am On Sep 12, 2012
udmaximus22: hello guys, just got on this website; referred to by a friend who flew out via help from in here. I'm sure i can get d same help needed. thanks y'all

Bros please kindly read through the thread from part 1, as for the sponsor : I suggest you use account of a close relative cos it might be virtually impossible to proof ur relationship with a friend.. even if he swears with OGUN, it is not enough proof.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:50am On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Bros please kindly read through the thread from part 1, as for the sponsor : I suggest you use account of a close relative cos it might be virtually impossible to proof ur relationship with a friend.. even if he swears with OGUN, it is not enough proof.

bro, sent yu a 2go request
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by los11: 4:23am On Sep 12, 2012
wish all you medicals and trv hopefuls a huge good luck and the lords favour....he that put a beautiful smile on those before you..still reigns and he will surely make you guys grinn. just make sure u digest d whole 3 episodes and make a good package with your application, aapray and..........you re there!

Any brother in centennial college too? ? ? this place could be soo lonely without a brov !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 6:10am On Sep 12, 2012
@all, I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR THE HOUSE, SOMEONE GOT TRV AFTER 5WKs OF SUBMISSION WITHOUT MEDICALS. HE SUBMITTED ON 30TH OF JULY AND HIS STATUS CHANGED ON 3RD OF SEPTEMBER. HE GOT TO VAC AND IT WAS TRV WITH 3YRS MULTIPLE VISA... HE LEFT FOR CANADA LAST NIGHT AND AS THE PLANE LEFT MMA... I WAS WONDERING WHAT CDHC WAS THINKING BUT I woke up on my bed and i realised it was a dream. Lol. This can only happen in a dream truely, jst on the lighter mood. Goodmorning.More good news on medical and trv in the house ijn....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

i guess she just arrived Canada and trying to settle...no be small thing oooo..im sure she would be on this thread soon to share her experience........fflower, shavel, sirdam, dipo, lyfe, solomonokaigar, bumdish, bashtee, pharmow, pauloman, pascal, bamishy, et all.....I miss dem on dis thread ooooo
Dat is true

just missing her comment on the thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 7:48am On Sep 12, 2012
This Could be useful for some

CEarlier this year, Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) announced a temporary pause to its
Federal Skilled Worker program while they
reviewed the selection criteria to ensure a faster,
more efficient immigration system.
Since then, they’ve been busy running
consultations with the public, businesses and local
stakeholders to get their input into proposed
changes.
Finally, on 17 August, Citizenship and Immigration
Canada unveiled their proposed changes,
designed to allow Canada to better select workers
who can “hit the ground running” upon arrival.
SO WHAT’S CHANGED?*
Applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker
Program are assessed against a points grid which
awards a maximum of 100 points. The pass mark
is 67 points. The following changes to the points
grid are proposed:
Language
Language is now the most important factor on the
grid – the weight of the first official language
would be significantly increased from 16 to 24
points while the weight of the second official
language would be reduced from eight to four
points.
The proposal will favour younger applicants by
awarding a maximum of 12 points (currently the
maximum is 10 points) for applicants aged 18 to
35, but reducing one point for every year after 35.
Work experience
The total number of points for work experience
will decrease from 21 to 15, yet to achieve full
points for work experience, they’ve increased the
years of experience required. Previously it was
four years, it will now be six years.
Education
Education points will be awarded based on an
assessment of foreign education credentials and
what the Canadian equivalent would be. CIC will
not accept credentials that don’t exist in Canada
or ones that aren’t comparable to a completed
Canadian credential. The maximum points
available will remain at 25.
Adaptability
The proposal will change the adaptability criteria
to emphasise factors that are shown to have
positive impacts on an immigrant’s economic and
social integration. This includes points being
awarded for spousal language ability and previous
Canadian work experience.
NEXT STEPS
Final publication of the new (and hopefully
improved) Federal Skilled Worker Program is
scheduled for late 2012 while the new FSWP
points grid is due to take effect in January 2013.
Applications are expected to be accepted again in
early 2013. You can read the whole text of the
proposed changes at the Canada Gazette.
*Bear in mind that this is just a proposal and may
be still subject to change.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2012
Itz tyme for july applicants to shine and reign.cdhc is nw in july...june applicants dnt give up,trust him and in no time,GOD wud surprise u.
@guudgod,watz gud,i said u sud alert me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705: Itz tyme for july applicants to shine and reign.cdhc is nw in july...june applicants dnt give up,trust him and in no time,GOD wud surprise u.

@spencer...all I know be. Say...God dey ooo..our Good God in heaven..will help us all..try check your inbox for nairaland and just try to send me a message.cos I already initiated contact there..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2012
GuudGod:

@spencer...all I know be. Say...God dey ooo..our Good God in heaven..will help us all..try check your inbox for nairaland and just try to send me a message.cos I already initiated contact there..

i agree wif u.GOOD GOD wud SPENCE out our trv soon.wat dey nid is confirmation from the school showing commitment and seriousness not necesarily u pay all but atleast 70percent.trust me bro.where d money dey sef.a sa le wa parawa.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705: Itz tyme for july applicants to shine and reign.cdhc is nw in july...june applicants dnt give up,trust him and in no time,GOD wud surprise u.

bro, what gives yu that impression sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

what course at U of M?, undergrad or postgrad (course or research based)?, and how much is ur Tuition fee for the first year?....

Computer science, PG(research based), $8800 with $4000 igses
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2012
lft: Computer science, PG(research based), $8800 with $4000 igses

Nice one, ur CGPA must av been very good , hope u got the links I posted on this page....plz kindly send me a message on earthgreeners@gmail.com, I need to ask u few questions....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow:

bro, what gives yu that impression sir?

sir p,and some people i knw submitted in july and av bin invited 4 medicals.june applicants urz mit be pending based on verifcation.gud news is ur portion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2012
@all,boss and guru in d house.

Having done medicals,paid tuition,please do i need to pay anoda charges for return envelop at vac again when i wana submit my doxs and passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705: @all,boss and guru in d house. Having done medicals,paid tuition,please do i need to pay anoda charges for return envelop at vac again when i wana submit my doxs and passport?

I dont think so, i guess its covered by the previous payment

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GuudGod: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705:

i agree wif u.GOOD GOD wud SPENCE out our trv soon.wat dey nid is confirmation from the school showing commitment and seriousness not necesarily u pay all but atleast 70percent.trust me bro.where d money dey sef.a sa le wa parawa.lol

Amen for our TRV oooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2012
@ sir p which date in july u submit ur application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 11:37am On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Nice one, ur CGPA must av been very good , hope u got the links I posted on this page....plz kindly send me a message on earthgreeners@gmail.com, I need to ask u few questions....

If you've a yahoo id, we can chat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2012
lft: If you've a yahoo id, we can chat.

Drop ur email earthgreeners@gmail.com..thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.