Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511032 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
@earthgreeners are you applyng for a postgrad or undergrad at usask.i just applied for a postgrad at usask.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: @earthgreeners are you applyng for a postgrad or undergrad at usask.i just applied for a postgrad at usask.

Postgraduate...
What start did u apply for?, course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
3more pages to part4 ... This thread is just so wonderful...I anticipate news of Medicals and TRVs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Postgraduate...
What start did u apply for?, course?
MPH.Fall 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: MPH.Fall 2013

MES, Fall 2013....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: MPH.Fall 2013

let's roll .... April/May 2013 TRV applicants
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello peeps,
A̶̲̥̅♏ planning τ̅☺ use my uncle as my sponsor(diff surname)..the person is willing τ̅☺ pay my school fees aπϑ transfer enough money τ̅☺ my savings account being my sponsor.
Pls advice М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ on how τ̅☺ make dis work cos I dnt tink I can draw a family tree wit dat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
dommakavelli: Hello peeps,
A̶̲̥̅♏ planning τ̅☺ use my uncle as my sponsor(diff surname)..the person is willing τ̅☺ pay my school fees aπϑ transfer enough money τ̅☺ my savings account being my sponsor.
Pls advice М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ on how τ̅☺ make dis work cos I dnt tink I can draw a family tree wit dat.

His Birth Certificate along side ur Dad or Mum's birthcert (as d case may be) should also proof relationship.. Along with family tree and picx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
@evelyn06, hope u've written the GRE and TOEFL......all d best

are u heading to US or Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @Evelyn06 and Briony84, I hope say u girls are not spies oooo.... coded things abiii.....

@Spencer, augustapplicant dont understand that every cases are treated differently and that nothing guarantees study permit than an accurate and well packed document.......
me wey neva even get admission not to talk of applying for study permit.. i gentle
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
omosanyaolak: @all, I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR THE HOUSE, SOMEONE GOT TRV AFTER 5WKs OF SUBMISSION WITHOUT MEDICALS. HE SUBMITTED ON 30TH OF JULY AND HIS STATUS CHANGED ON 3RD OF SEPTEMBER. HE GOT TO VAC AND IT WAS TRV WITH 3YRS MULTIPLE VISA... HE LEFT FOR CANADA LAST NIGHT AND AS THE PLANE LEFT MMA... I WAS WONDERING WHAT CDHC WAS THINKING BUT I woke up on my bed and i realised it was a dream. Lol. This can only happen in a dream truely, jst on the lighter mood. Goodmorning.More good news on medical and trv in the house ijn....

Bros u funny die.. i 4 fear oo. anyway sha, i know my God is able to do all things.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello haus this is your boy, been trying to settle down in Canada couple with the fact that lectures has started full force with assignment following every lecture. Just wanna say Hi and pray that all Medicals and TRVs get positive response soonest. All the best people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
@eo2002 if you come around lemme have your contact, U can send it to farmoresuccess@gmail.com hope U are enjoying toronto though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @evelyn06, hope u've written the GRE and TOEFL......all d best

are u heading to US or Canada?
Did you write GRE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ earthgreener.
I'm heading to the US and I'm currently preparing for GRE and TOEFL.thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ earthgreeners.
You asked if I'm a spy for cdhc. Are u scared or have you committed any offence? LOL!!! I'm just a quiet observer who likes this thread. You guys are doing a great work. Thumbs up!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
Evelyn06: @earthgreeners.You asked if I'm a spy for cdhc. Are u scared or have you committed any offence? LOL!!! I'm just a quiet observer who likes this thread. You guys are doing a great work. Thumbs up!!

No1 is scared on this thread cos we are a battalion, no offence cos I gat a police clearance *LOL*....
All best my dear, thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: Did you write GRE?

No I didnt, I was refering to Evelyn06
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
pharmow: Hello haus this is your boy, been trying to settle down in Canada couple with the fact that lectures has started full force with assignment following every lecture. Just wanna say Hi and pray that all Medicals and TRVs get positive response soonest. All the best people

All the best my brother......howz d weather and the learning environment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Ntom, have u forwarded supporting documents...Transcript, statement of intent etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
@earthgreenres.Two of my referees have submitted the reference forms yet my online portal has not been updated to reflect that.Even the resume I submitted on application.no update that it has been submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners: @Ntom, have u forwarded supporting documents...Transcript, statement of intent etc
.I have not forwarded my transcript and IELTS.do I need to forwrd my statement of intent to the school?I wrote a personal statement while applying online

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please, there're two questions I need answers to:
Firstly, how long does does a specific amount of money, to be used to cover personal expenses for one year, have to be in one's account before and after applying? Can the account still be in operation (withdrawing and adding) after applying?

Secondly, my school requires that I write TOEFL exams and bring the results on registration day and they added this to my acceptance letter. How do I explain to the Canadian Embassy that I'm currently about to write my TOEFL exams?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: .I have not forwarded my transcript and IELTS.do I need to forwrd my statement of intent to the school?I wrote a personal statement while applying online

Ur English proficiency test shlda been waived cos u studied in Nigeria, I dnt tink there is a point submitting IELTS... My own status remains unchanged as well...I mailed the department and was told they are currently busy with the Fall 2012 intakes, the portal would be updated Late september. As for my dept, they requested statement of research interest....I guess they sent email to your referees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Cori_corde: Please, there're two questions I need answers to:
Firstly, how long does does a specific amount of money, to be used to cover personal expenses for one year, have to be in one's account before and after applying? Can the account still be in operation (withdrawing and adding) after applying?

Secondly, my school requires that I write TOEFL exams and bring the results on registration day and they added this to my acceptance letter. How do I explain to the Canadian Embassy that I'm currently about to write my TOEFL exams?

1) Original plus one copy of certified bank statement or financial investments with past six months history including your submission month or ending one month prior......u can operate your account while ur application is being considered, but make sure it remains steady and shows sufficient fund...

2) Letter of Acceptance from your educational institute in Canada stating: unconditional admission, or if conditional, you must show you can meet the conditions...
In ur case, I think you have a conditional letter....
I dnt really know how CDHC treat such cases......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

Ur English proficiency test shlda been waived cos u studied in Nigeria, I dnt tink there is a point submitting IELTS... My own status remains unchanged as well...I mailed the department and was told they are currently busy with the Fall 2012 intakes, the portal would be updated Late september. As for my dept, they requested statement of research interest....I guess they sent email to your referees
Yes they sent emails to my referees.For the supporting documents that I need to submit,that were listed on my online portal after application,english test result was among.There was no statement of interest on the list. Is the list not enough?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ntom: Yes they sent emails to my referees.For the supporting documents that I need to submit,that were listed on my online portal after application,english test result was among.There was no statement of interest on the list. Is the list not enough?

Applications are treated by individual departments..so It depends on what is required by your department.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
@august aplicant
i c most people submiting sibling passports.let me ask a question,is dat ties?u cnt come back becos of ur sibling but kud only arange 4 dem to join u in canada..
Some submit doxs dat doesnt belong to their sponsor bt siblings,dis does nt show confidence in sponsor.
Some show tax clearance when they dnt work in company,dis is suspicious 4 state and federal workers.tax wud nt proportionate to income and lots more.
Anoda problem is d isue of multiple sponsor,which is nt reliable source.
Please letz submit consice dox.the higher d dox the longer d timelime.all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
spencer3705: Anoda problem is d isue of multiple sponsor,which is nt reliable source.

Re you sayin someone can't use multiple sponsors?
Not even a parent and a brother?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
CDHC requires an applicant to submit birth certificate and marriage certificates of their family members whether or not they are accompanying u to Canada.. Thatz why u fill Family info form...people submit copy of data page of passport when dey cant get hold of birthcertificates
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
lillaowow: Re you sayin someone can't use multiple sponsors?Not even a parent and a brother?

Mulitple sponsors are allowed as long as they are related and you can proof their relationship to you.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.