Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (508880 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2012
lft: Aamin. Jazaka l-Ahu khayran. What do you think I can do as par the accommodation? I don't really understand how to go about it.

You can contact the international office at the school, they should be able to help you secure accomodation. Either homestay , on-campus or Off-campus, all depends on what is available at the time of your arrival.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
earthgreeners:

You can contact the international office at the school, they should be able to help you secure accomodation. Either homestay , on-campus or Off-campus, all depends on what is available at the time of your arrival.

Jazaka l-Ahu khayran. I will go by your suggestion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
earthgreeners: Enough of dis PFL thing, if u wanna advertise plz kindly do that in private, This thread doesnt support 'agency adverts'..
*DO IT YOURSELF* or go off the thread.......

I was not advising.... just gave someone the best bet for obtaining admissions based on his grade ... a 3rd class.. I know how difficult and how much my brother wasted in getting admissions in paying application fees to four different schools based on d 3rd class grade as schools wont tell u outcome of application pending application and was just trying to give him the easiest way... or rather the best way to sort the issue without losing money. You do not have to be rude.. we all joined this thread to learn from each other. If you do not learn from a post or you are upset about a post, you can privately mail the individusl and not publicly castigate. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jerohstones: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Pls when did u submit, I submitted June 12th and still no word from CDHC

lft: Jazakumu l-Ahu khayran to everybody who has participated one way or the other in this forum thread. I have been a frequent visitor to this thread and I am very happy with the kind of information and guidance being shared. It is really a repository of knowledge.
Alhamdullilahi I went for my medicals today.

I still have to battle the following to be sent to cdhc:
- Proof of funds for yourself.
- Receipt of total payment for tuition fees and accommodation.
- Deferred letter of acceptance for January.

I am expected to submit all this by October 4.

Your advice on these items especially the first 2 will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
[quote auathor=lft]Jazakumu l-Ahu khayran to everybody who has participated one way or the other in this forum thread. I have been a frequent visitor to this thread and I am very happy with the kind of information and guidance being shared. It is really a repository of knowledge.
Alhamdullilahi I went for my medicals today.

I still have to battle the following to be sent to cdhc:
- Proof of funds for yourself.
- Receipt of total payment for tuition fees and accommodation.
- Deferred letter of acceptance for January.

I am expected to submit all this by October 4.

Your advice on these items especially the first 2 will be appreciated.
[/quote]

congratulations for promoting from phase one to two.these ur conditions too much o bro within dat little period.cdhc don turn anoda fin.k,all u nid do nw is to scan and mail ur school abt the conditions,and they gona profer solution as to how much is expected of international students to pay as deposit whch is alwayz 8-10k
dollars before they issue payment confirmation to the embassy which enables u qualify for ur Visa.i dnt knw y sucesful aplicant are silent abt throwing light to issues like dis whch is most crucial.i knw what i faced b4 goten to knw this is how itz being done.
Mhen!,u are d first i wud c dat embassy asks to provide proof of accomodation.just try and contact d school as to ao much u gona pay 4 dat as well.make sure u do tinz fast.transfering money abroad takes like 3 to 5 days.pls plan well.
Whch school are u heading to?
Do u still have ur international passport wif u?
Awaiting medicals,fastening ur sit belt tight.all da best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi:

I was not advising.... just gave someone the best bet for obtaining admissions based on his grade ... a 3rd class.. I know how difficult and how much my brother wasted in getting admissions in paying application fees to four different schools based on d 3rd class grade as schools wont tell u outcome of application pending application and was just trying to give him the easiest way... or rather the best way to sort the issue without losing money. You do not have to be rude.. we all joined this thread to learn from each other. If you do not learn from a post or you are upset about a post, you can privately mail the individusl and not publicly castigate. Thank you.

i support earthgreeners post.just tell us u work 4 dem.pls all dnt fall victim.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
niyimeg: ........

please can i have a sample of a refrence letter forwarded to my email please..ASAP...SO URGENT

EMAIL::::niyi.megbabi@yahoo.com

What reference letter Sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
spencer3705:

i support earthgreeners post.just tell us u work 4 dem.pls all dnt fall victim.

na u get your mouth... I am an applicant and awaiting medicals also.. pity this thread over the past few days has turned to a war front instead of a progressive thread. Two days ago it was Augustapplicant being attacked by d same person attacking me... smh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi: I was not advising.... just gave someone the best bet for obtaining admissions based on his grade ... a 3rd class.. I know how difficult and how much my brother wasted in getting admissions in paying application
fees to four different schools based on d 3rd class grade as schools wont tell u outcome of application pending application and was just trying to give him the easiest way... or rather the best way to sort the issue without losing money. You do not have to be rude.. we all joined this thread to learn from each other. If you do not learn from a post or you are upset about a post, you can privately mail the individusl and
not publicly castigate. Thank you.

Yes Boss!!!.....Im not being rude oo and I respect u sir!!!!!!
Just tryna do d work of @justwise......lol
***RESPECT*****
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi: na u get your mouth... I am an applicant and awaiting medicals also.. pity this thread over the past few days has turned to a war front instead of a progressive thread. Two days ago it was Augustapplicant being attacked by d same person attacking me... smh

I did not attack augustapplicant, If u follow d previous part of this thread, you would understand my point on Agents...
I respect everyone on dis thread as we are all on d same track.
*RESPECT*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lutobi:

na u get your mouth... I am an applicant and awaiting medicals also.. pity this thread over the past few days has turned to a war front instead of a progressive thread. Two days ago it was Augustapplicant being attacked by d same person attacking me... smh

lol.bro datz d normal rule,am not being sentimental.if everybody comes up advertising 4 agents,i fink every1 wud cums up wif sometin.please letz use dis forum for d purpose itz meant 4.bro one luv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
spencer3705: lol.bro datz d normal rule,am not being sentimental.if everybody comes up advertising 4 agents,i fink every1 wud cums up wif sometin.please letz use dis forum for d purpose itz meant 4.bro one luv.

Thanx bro, whatz up on ur side?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
earthgreeners:

Thanx bro, whatz up on ur side?

in progress...thanx.
Whch skul u dey go and ao far wif ur status?GOD DEY BABA MI
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello everyone, sorry i haven't been posting,laptop crashed. Got my medicals last wednesday ,did it last friday at asaju,vi. Submitted july, sponsor parents. In all honesty i wasn't even expecting it for another 2wks. Shows what God can do, congrats to those that hve gotten trv/med

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:
Hello everyone, sorry i haven't been posting,laptop crashed. Got my medicals last wednesday ,did it last friday at asaju,vi. Submitted july, sponsor parents. In all honesty i wasn't even expecting it for another 2wks. Shows what God can do, congrats to those that hve gotten trv/med

Where u ask to pay full tuition and what are τ̲̅ђe docx u submittéd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:

congrat dude.were u given any condition to fulfil?more news in d house.which skul u dey go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:

Bros e don tey oo. CONGRATS::
ANY CONDITIONS ATTATCHED WITH YOUR MEDICAL INVITE?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ifegy: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
vooz: good mrning house,must really commend the gd wrk u guys are doing here.av been followin dis thread n am really impresed with evrytin.I graduated wit a cgpa of 4.15 and wuld luv 2 go for my Masters in canada.Am thinkin of applyin to Usask.pls i wuld luv all those dt av applied to d school to put me tru d application procedure @earthgreeners n oda gurus in d house.@ifegy i sent u a mail.tnx

Hey girl, no email received yet...pls re-send...or if you want to, you can post the question here. All the best with your efforts!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2012
spencer3705: in progress...thanx.Whch skul u dey go and ao far wif ur status?GOD DEY BABA MI

Bros me na next year oo...applied to usask and umanitoba..Fall of 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
ifegy:

Hey girl, no email received yet...pls re-send[b]...or if you want to, you can post the question here.[/b] All the best with your efforts!

I think it is always better for people to post their questions here so that everyone else could learn from it as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
Paid tution before submitting so nothing was said about that. My docs are somewhere on this thread,ill relist later, going to ontario. Thanks for the goodwill

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:
Paid tution before submitting so nothing was said about that. My docs are somewhere on this thread,ill relist later, going to ontario. Thanks for the goodwill

Sir P, all the best....start packing ur bag and baggages...which school are you heading to?, and when is your date of commencement?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
My bags don ready o, @augustapplicant lol at the word catch, people hve said it here that what works for mr a might not for mr b. The key is just do ur best and trust God

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2012
jerohstones: Pls when did u submit, I submitted June 12th and still no word from CDHC

I submitted June 15th and it reached cdhc 16th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
spencer3705:

congratulations for promoting from phase one to two.these ur conditions too much o bro within dat little period.cdhc don turn anoda fin.k,all u nid do nw is to scan and mail ur school abt the conditions,and they gona profer solution as to how much is expected of international students to pay as deposit whch is alwayz 8-10k
dollars before they issue payment confirmation to the embassy which enables u qualify for ur Visa.i dnt knw y sucesful aplicant are silent abt throwing light to issues like dis whch is most crucial.i knw what i faced b4 goten to knw this is how itz being done.
Mhen!,u are d first i wud c dat embassy asks to provide proof of accomodation.just try and contact d school as to ao much u gona pay 4 dat as well.make sure u do tinz fast.transfering money abroad takes like 3 to 5 days.pls plan well.
Whch school are u heading to?
Do u still have ur international passport wif u?
Awaiting medicals,fastening ur sit belt tight.all da best

Thanks for your thoughts. I am heading to u of m. Yes my international passport is with me but my fox are stillin cdhc.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:

Congrats. Your trv is on the way by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sir P!:

@sir p!, congratulabiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
Thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2012
AugustApplicant: Thats the catch. I subscribe to the idea also.

According to CDHC,
'' Any preparation you make, such as paying administration or tuition fee , are done entirely at your risk''.

Payment of Tuition fee is not required at time of application submission. After positive processing of the student application, proof of tuition payment may be required prior to the issue of a Visa...

NB: Individual cases are treated differently. 90% of applicant who got TRV on dis thread did not pay tuition before submission.

As for me : Except the school requires otherwise, I would rather wait for the sure period as stated by CDHC before making any payment, cos d initial payment doesnt add weight to my application...
The VOs are smart dudes....

Accurate and well packed documents is the key to succesful study permit application

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by breadbutter: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lol. Peeps Abeg let's accommodate each others suggestions and ideas + questions and enough of any AGENT post and stuff . One of my hommies wey use agent still bitten his fingers in my hood as @ last week o. Respect to every ones post but let's take it as an advice.

Sir P -- congrat, that your own level surprise me o. Nice one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2012
lft: Thanks for your thoughts. I am heading to u of m. Yes my international passport is with me but my fox are stillin cdhc.

what course at U of M?, undergrad or postgrad (course or research based)?, and how much is ur Tuition fee for the first year?....

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.