Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. (3965 Views)

We Are Engaged, But Im Having Doubts, Pls I Need Your Advice / He Is Engaged But Still Stalking Me...??? / Am Engaged But In Love With Someone Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
she claims she is shy and doesn't know how to tell the dad who is closer to her.i have spoken with her mom once when i visited her but that was before we got engaged.i have asked her severally for her mom's number,each time she said she'ld text it to me but she never did so i stopped asking.i have told my siblings and mom about her,she has my mom's number and talks with her.again,we agreed on the phone to change our relationship status on fbook to engaged and i have changed mine,but cant tell if she did same or customised it.my mind tells me she's up to sometin which God knows i cant take.pls guys,how do you advice i should handle this?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Sijo01(f): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
Hw old is she?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Tyche(m): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
You need to make a move asap. She's really up to something.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
Sijo01: Hw old is she?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 10:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
Tyche: You need to make a move asap. She's really up to something.
exactly wot my mind tells me....wot do u tink i should do?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Sijo01(f): 10:44pm On Jun 13, 2012
hynex79:

Ha, i tot she's lik 18-20 n probably scared of hw to inform her parents abut it because of her age.

Op, shine ur eyes, somfin fishy is goin on.

Tell her u wil b coming wit ur family to see her's on a said date n see hw she wil react. Den u tak it up frm dere.
Gudluck!

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
@poster
i think u both ar hvin communication problem..y nt sit her dwn and explain al ur hv noticed,...if u ar realy her bst and she can trust u she wil open up 2 u..dia is more 2 ds dat nlanders can explain,we can only assume,..its beta u confrnt her wij ur observatns...A lot of gals may nt be wilin 2 inform dia family because dy dnt trust d future outcm of such engagmnt,y wil she chang her status 2 engagd 2day n chang it 2 single 2moro?..shes stil nt sure of d outcm...my opinion duo

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by omega25red(m): 12:44am On Jun 14, 2012
poster

seems like you are waisting your time and she is using you as backup. open your eyes to realise that this woman is not ready to be married to you
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Rocktation(f): 12:57am On Jun 14, 2012
Is that how they do it in our Nigeria, these days? Change facebook statuses and then ring the parents about it? Hell, even Americans throw engagement parties almost every time. So why sidestep the customary 'introduction', that you know our people are keen about, even when it can be low-keyed?
Did you even give her a ring? Are you very sure that you're set to settle down?

Shy, she is not. She just lacks the stomach to relay a carnard to her folks. How in the world, did you miss that?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by cindyrella(f): 2:35am On Jun 14, 2012
@op
I smell a rat!
Better do something before something do u oooo...
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 2:52am On Jun 14, 2012
Sijo01:

Ha, i tot she's lik 18-20 n probably scared of hw to inform her parents abut it because of her age.

Op, shine ur eyes, somfin fishy is goin on.

Tell her u wil b coming wit ur family to see her's on a said date n see hw she wil react. Den u tak it up frm dere.
Gudluck!
tnks,but there's a little snag to your suggestion.i stay in lagos while she stays in abuja.i would'v gone to the villa to see her father but he has been in her house on a visit since last month

chidyhels: @poster
i think u both ar hvin communication problem..y nt sit her dwn and explain al ur hv noticed,...if u ar realy her bst and she can trust u she wil open up 2 u..dia is more 2 ds dat nlanders can explain,we can only assume,..its beta u confrnt her wij ur observatns...A lot of gals may nt be wilin 2 inform dia family because dy dnt trust d future outcm of such engagmnt,y wil she chang her status 2 engagd 2day n chang it 2 single 2moro?..shes stil nt sure of d outcm...my opinion duo

there's no communication gap,we talk atleast three times a day.i have spoken to her on this severally,the only thing she keeps telling me is that she doesnt want to rush into telling her parents.i doubt if the problem is lack of trust like u said.i agreed to change my relationship status to earn her trust because she complained i had many female friends
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 3:23am On Jun 14, 2012
omega25red: poster

seems like you are waisting your time and she is using you as backup. open your eyes to realise that this woman is not ready to be married to you
exactly my thought..

Rocktation: Is that how they do it in our Nigeria, these days? Change facebook statuses [/b]and then ring the parents about it? Hell, even Americans throw engagement parties almost every time. So why sidestep the customary 'introduction', that you know our people are keen about, even when it can be low-keyed?
[b]Did you even give her a ring?
Are you very sure that you're set to settle down?

Shy, she is not. She just lacks the stomach to relay a carnard to her folks. How in the world, did you miss that?
i was nt detailed in my post but let me clear you on the highlighted.i gave her a ring with her friend as the witness.before then,she used to jokingly said to me that any man that would engage her would do it with a ring worth atleast 50k,but i gave her a 20k worth ring which she once complained about.changing of my fbook status was after our engagement,just to earn her trust because she complained about my female friends.if am not ready to settle down i'ld not be here seeking advice.i am 32 and she knows about my resolve to marry this year..

cindyrella: @op
I smell a rat!
Better do something before something do u oooo...
she wants to play smart with me but i want to outsmart her....wot moves do you advice i make?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by patuli64(f): 4:35am On Jun 14, 2012
man up nd do it urself...she'll either get pissed nd brake up or rake for u small and continue wit d marriage... if not anoda man will reach d ouse b4 u oo.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Godmother(f): 6:00am On Jun 14, 2012
She is definitely using you as a backup. You are prolly not her first choice for a life partner. Just give her her fixed date to see her family and see her reaction
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Rocktation(f): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2012
Okay then, don't ask for her parents' numbers no more. Tell her that you've specified a future date (that shouldn't be more than a week from when you're giving it), that you intend to go see her folks about your 'marriage plans', and see how she takes it. This should help you clarify and achieve the outcomes that are eluding you. If it won't be convenient (for good reasons), she'd reschedule to a date that's not far from the one you're giving....if she's really down with you. Goodluck oo.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Mynd44: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2012
This one has me speechless oooo. My Nigerian brain is telling me the girl is playing you but Some part is saying she is scared.
I think I trust my brain more so dude give her an ultimatum. She either tells them or you break it off
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by freecocoa(f): 10:09am On Jun 14, 2012
At 26 and she's scared of wetin exactly?

Make i hear say that girl wants to marry you.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Mynd44: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2012
She wants to Marry but the guy is a back-up. The real owner exists

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by freecocoa(f): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2012
^Yeah i actually meant marry the OP.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by gidson12(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
@poster are u a broke ass.............cos that could be a problem explaining ur status to her parent
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Daresh(f): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2012
Hmmmnnn! A friend of mine was in a similar situation with his gf of about 5 years. He proposed and the girl kept hedging. Didn't tell anyone didn't wear the ring nothing. 2 weeks later he "heard" she was getting married. Its just sad how selfish and cunning ppl can be. That said, that may not be her case. You know her house? Her siblings!? Go and talk to someone even her friends and get the true story.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Mynd44: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2012
Daresh: Hmmmnnn! A friend of mine was in a similar situation with his gf of about 5 years. He proposed and the girl kept hedging. Didn't tell anyone didn't wear the ring nothing. 2 weeks later he "heard" she was getting married. Its just sad how selfish and cunning ppl can be. That said, that may not be her case. You know her house? Her siblings!? Go and talk to someone even her friends and get the true story.
How will you feel if some stranger walks into your house one day and start feeding you stories of how he is your daughter's fiance? Would you not call the police first?

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Daresh(f): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
Mynd_44:
How will you feel if some stranger walks into your house one day and start feeding you stories of how he is your daughter's fiance? Would you not call the police first?

Ok not her parents, but I'm guessing her siblings and friends?Is it possible to date and engage without knowing sibling or friends?
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Mynd44: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2012
^^
Now we are asking the right questions
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by hynex79(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2013
Thank you all for your comments.the truth finally came to light..funny!she believes am not financially buoyant enough for her,so its over between us.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Mynd44: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2013
hynex79: Thank you all for your comments.the truth finally came to light..funny!she believes am not financially buoyant enough for her,so its over between us.
Pele
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by sexymoma(f): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2013
hynex79: Thank you all for your comments.the truth finally came to light..funny!she believes am not financially buoyant enough for her,so its over between us.
OBINRIN.... If mary could data 'A Carpenter' then what wrong with nowadays girls

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Adaeze003(f): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
I knew it! Damn... What a pity. Hope you've moved on sha.
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by femmy2010(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2013
Woemen sha.
God have mercy
Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by jerusalem101: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
the raw truth is, Na only for your front were she dey engage to u,, but as far as she is concern she's as free as a bird for any hunter to catapult down for a nice meal while your waiting

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
I knew it, when she was demanding for a wedding ring of 50K afta giving her 1 of 20K, Chai! Some ladies tinking marriage as a means of financial fulfilment.

1 Like

Re: We Are Engaged But She Doesn't Want To Tell Her Parents Yet.. by Coolie89(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
No one knows tomorrow #inAsas'voice angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Take Any 2go Gal As U Gal Friend / BED ROOM DUTIES IN Marriage-(for Married People Only) / 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.