Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. (28126 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Ournaija: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
What a skill. grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
Has anyone really cared to find why Otedola did this Lawan should also pay fully for his foolishness. Many days for the thief, one day for the owner.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by rasputinn(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
AjanleKoko: Nigerians are so low-tech.
In these days of high-tech money laundering etc, this nucca is stuffing cash in his cap embarassed

Hey please dont insult Farouk,he is not a nucca,he is a correct aboki

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by floriana(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
Farouk Lawan is the next governor of Kano state, scandal or no scandal. This is Nigeria where ex-convicts Alameseghia and Bode George are not only political deal brokers but king makers extraordinarie. As for Otedola, I pray he ends up like Kenneth Lay of USA one of these days.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
pesin wey see dis facrook for the first time go tink say he be orphan baby monkey.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hon. Farouk Lawan, the honourable bribe collector.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by cashdude: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
Abegi shey na 2dae dem don dey do givin & recievng of bribes.notin go happen,farouk enjoy d money joo..after all d moni na frm thief.@ poster nxt topic plz.... grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by tribalism(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
as a friend, i called to LAWAN to discuss way forward with him. before i go ask am finish, you know wetin him talk. NA TODAY? NNA ABEG LAUGH WAN KILL ME.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by ekpongmi: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
ebamma: if otedola's hands are clean,why will he pay all dis sums of money in dollars in an attempt to expose lawan.
Both hands of the giver and the receiver of the bribe are not clean.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
AjanleKoko: Nigerians are so low-tech.
In these days of high-tech money laundering etc, this nucca is stuffing cash in his cap embarassed

are you sure the guy was not a money changer before he became a senator?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by coolted(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2012
agabaI23: I am sure he was grin grin grin grin grin
i am so sure he intends to expose otedola grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Castos(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
ebamma: if otedola's hands are clean,why will he pay all dis sums of money in dollars in an attempt to expose lawan.
He wants to show how corrupt Farouk is and should not be trusted.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by mikron(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
jmaine: If this is real . . .Then Farouk was really desperate to expose Otedola bribery attempt grin
Desperate to expose what? didn't you read the article?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by AjanleKoko: 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
oyb:

are you sure the guy was not a money changer before he became a senator?

The guy don fall my hand pieces.
Now Poof! goes the report, and any chance of nailing these barawos.
Even if it was a setup, Farouk acted like an amateur here. Didn't he know the kind of terrain he was playing in?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by jmaine: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2012
mikron: Desperate to expose what? didn't you read the article?

Yes i did . . .
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by ddippset(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
very good reasons nigeria will never be good. in my own judgement book faruk is 99% guilty already and otedola is 50% guilty.(percentages still counting by the day though) but painfully there's something playing out here. those from otedola's section of the country are on his side while those of us from faruk's section are on his own side. i mean common nigerians let it be GOOD versus BAD and not HAUSA versus IBO versus YORUBA versus MIDDLE.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Opoki(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
it was not his intension to expose Farouge, Farouge contacted him on a plan ground of blackmailing and besides we would have believed Farouge report.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The guy don fall my hand pieces.
Now Poof! goes the report, and any chance of nailing these barawos.
Even if it was a setup, Farouk acted like an amateur here. Didn't he know the kind of terrain he was playing in?

goes to show the caliber of people we have as senators - they can't even be smart crooks - imagine a common dunce like otedola getting one up on the chairman of a committee investigating him

no bagman, no payment into a third party shell account

it also makes you wonder about the penchant of our lawmakers for traditional - must be envelope friendly - easier to see wad of cash in suit that in babariga

all i can do now is poke fun at the bastid

because of his greed everything was in vain - occupy nigeria, the hearings, everything

team gej has been infused with hypocritical self adulatory fire - expect to see subsidy pt II
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
OTEDOLA why have you exposed Lawan in a shameful manner -SHAME SHAME SHAME to you. haba. why do you breach the hallowed virtues of Bribe-giving that has been set since the days of MKO and ITT. no one has ever done this until your time. you must be penalized for giving bribes with intent to expose. you SHAMEFUL Bribe-giver angry angry You are a bad example to other Bribe-givers out there grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Our government have no iota of shame. With this act of his, he should have since resigned while awaiting his trial but I am sure, the court may exonorate him as usual.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by chiama1: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2012
Kai, shame leave this man come catch me
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by GboyegaD(m): 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
ekwah: Has anyone really cared to find why Otedola did this Lawan should also pay fully for his foolishness. Many days for the thief, one day for the owner.

I think he did it to prove that the Farouk Lawan some people paint as being very credible is no different than the Babangida we call rogues.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by ekpongmi: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2012
coolted:
i am so sure he intends to expose otedola grin grin grin grin grin grin
Expose in deed:-D:-D:-DB-)!
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by ballabriggs: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
These are type of stories Reno Omokri and Oronto Douglas spread to distract our attention from the $20billion their oga stole. Lawan stole jail him and let's move to the next chapter I.e Who stole the subsidy funds?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by naijaking1: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
ekwah: Has anyone really cared to find why Otedola did this Lawan should also pay fully for his foolishness. Many days for the thief, one day for the owner.

Did what
Nigerians should be grateful to Otedola for exposing this man. It's sad when people ask what about Otedola? The answer once and for all, not that all of you anti-GEJ apologist don't know is that he was harassed and threantened by Lawan, and like a good citizen, he notified the authorities. What else is there? You don't know how corrupt officials ask for bribe in Nigeria? from the police, to bankers, to doctors, to goverment civil servants, they are ask for bribe. So why ask as "why Otedola did this" as if you just landed from the moon.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by tomakint: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
acidtalk: THE POWER OF PANOPTICON AS A SURVEILLANCE TOOL"

...THISDAY further learnt that Lawan visited Otedola’s house on three different occasions over the bribe issue. On each occasion, he drove himself in a C class Mercedes Benz. Five video recordings, lasting an average of eight to 10 minutes each were made on each of those visits.
According to a source in the security services, on the first visit, he had lunch with Otedola where the amount to be paid was negotiated and eventually agreed on.

On his second visit, which was around 11 pm, he collected the first tranche of $250,000 and during the third visit when he came around 5.05 am, he collected the second tranche of $250,000. He was dressed in green buba and sokoto with a cap to match.
Later in the day at the plenary session after he had collected the second tranche, he got the House to clear Zenon as one of the companies that bought foreign exchange but did not import petroleum products.

“In the video, Lawan was clearly seen stuffing wads of dollar bills into his pocket, when his pocket was full, to the utter shock of all those who have seen the damning video, he removed his cap and concealed the remaining wads of dollar bills inside it and replaced the cap on his head.

“Nigerians will reel with laughter if they ever get to watch this video. It is on the one hand hilarious and on the other, shameful,” a source said.

Further investigations revealed that Lawan’s resort to stuffing the money in his pockets and cap was done to avoid arousing suspicion from Otedola’s domestic help who would have seen him entering the house empty handed and coming out carrying a bulging envelope.

However, unknown to him, a surveillance video camera carefully installed by the SSS was recording all his actions."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-detain-farouk-lawan/118035/

Men this is sick to high heavens! I still don't understand why we (as a people) all believe in Democracy, no wonder FELA called it, "demonstration of craze" indeed it is! *yawning*
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by fredoooooo: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
hahahahah

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by seyola(m): 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2012
Johnny: @NAIJAKING1: You shouldnt have taken your precious time to reply all those cretins mentioning GEJ and OBJ in this mess by Farouk Lawal.If GEJ planned it and the petite LawMaker foolishly fell to it,so be it.That makes him a foolish man!
Both of u are fools,if u cant read d handwriting dat obj and GEJ are behind d whole stuff,and d aim is 2 discredit d report of d probe.

Forget conspiracy theory. Faruk initiated this this. It is clear.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
jmaine: If this is real . . .Then Farouk was really desperate to expose Otedola bribery attempt grin
pure sarcasm. Would really love to see this video. Farookgate!
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is very sad and very funny at the same time.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by emamos: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lawal, SHAME ON U.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by andyanders: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2012
Listen, both Farouk Lawan and Otedola are guilty of the same offence. Otedola should also be arrested. The law should be changed in that Government officials who stole money should not be granted bail at all. Like this Farouk issue, since he was recorded as proof, take him to jail and also investigate Otedola's companies and have him jailed for life.Look at the kind of money these people stole. Nigerians should revolt and release innocent people in the prisons as our leaders are the MOST WANTED criminals on the face of the earth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bode George: Sheriff Is A Saint Compared To Wike Or Fayose / Agbakoba Rejects Restructuring, Backs Nnamdi Kanu / El-Rufai Inspects Trailer Park In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.