Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. (28123 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Faroukgate: How Much Bribe Money Did Farouk Collect In All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by SisiKill1: 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2012
acidtalk: THE POWER OF PANOPTICON AS A SURVEILLANCE TOOL"

...THISDAY further learnt that Lawan visited Otedola’s house on three different occasions over the bribe issue. On each occasion, he drove himself in a C class Mercedes Benz. Five video recordings, lasting an average of eight to 10 minutes each were made on each of those visits.
According to a source in the security services, on the first visit, he had lunch with Otedola where the amount to be paid was negotiated and eventually agreed on.

On his second visit, which was around 11 pm, he collected the first tranche of $250,000 and during the third visit when he came around 5.05 am, he collected the second tranche of $250,000. He was dressed in green buba and sokoto with a cap to match.
Later in the day at the plenary session after he had collected the second tranche, he got the House to clear Zenon as one of the companies that bought foreign exchange but did not import petroleum products.

“In the video, Lawan was clearly seen stuffing wads of dollar bills into his pocket, when his pocket was full, to the utter shock of all those who have seen the damning video, he removed his cap and concealed the remaining wads of dollar bills inside it and replaced the cap on his head.

“Nigerians will reel with laughter if they ever get to watch this video. It is on the one hand hilarious and on the other, shameful,” a source said.

Further investigations revealed that Lawan’s resort to stuffing the money in his pockets and cap was done to avoid arousing suspicion from Otedola’s domestic help who would have seen him entering the house empty handed and coming out carrying a bulging envelope.

However, unknown to him, a surveillance video camera carefully installed by the SSS was recording all his actions."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-detain-farouk-lawan/118035/

God!! What a disappointment! Stuffing money in his cap like those Niger Republic urchins who waylay you in Central Market. I mean what happened to untraceable wire transfer to an account on the Cayman Islands?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by naijaking1: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
seyola: Both of u are fools,if u cant read d handwriting dat obj and GEJ are behind d whole stuff,and d aim is 2 discredit d report of d probe.

I take you in good faith, that you lack information to make a good decision. Which part of this story makes you suspect GEJ and OBJ to be behind this saga? The part where Lawan willfully went to Otedola's house, threatened him in person and over the phone, or the part where Lawan were stuffing dollar into all orifices of his body, or the part where Lawan refused to tell other house members, or the part where Lawan refused and denied ever recieving bribe until he was told it was marked money??
You don't have to believe me, but until you make your evidence clear, there is no need for conspiracy theory when there's hard evidence on the ground. Well, unless you're really and truely blind.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by mikron(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
pathetic

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by BabaOlowo: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
TUNDE BAKARE has been proven right after all "FELLOW NIGERIANS,FOR HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO ALLOW ROGUES TO RULE OVER US".
I don't know the word to use in describing this, Government of Rogues, LOOTOCRACY?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by logica(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
. . . like those Niger Republic urchins who waylay you in Central Market.
You may just have unwittingly exposed where he's from.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by wowo2: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2012
This Lawan of a man is finished.
The question now is: Are Otedola's companies truly not guilty of the subsidy fraud?
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Magnanimity(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2012
acidtalk: THE POWER OF PANOPTICON AS A SURVEILLANCE TOOL"

...THISDAY further learnt that Lawan visited Otedola’s house on three different occasions over the bribe issue. On each occasion, he drove himself in a C class Mercedes Benz. Five video recordings, lasting an average of eight to 10 minutes each were made on each of those visits.
According to a source in the security services, on the first visit, he had lunch with Otedola where the amount to be paid was negotiated and eventually agreed on.

On his second visit, which was around 11 pm, he collected the first tranche of $250,000 and during the third visit when he came around 5.05 am, he collected the second tranche of $250,000. He was dressed in green buba and sokoto with a cap to match.
Later in the day at the plenary session after he had collected the second tranche, he got the House to clear Zenon as one of the companies that bought foreign exchange but did not import petroleum products.

“In the video, Lawan was clearly seen stuffing wads of dollar bills into his pocket, when his pocket was full, to the utter shock of all those who have seen the damning video, he removed his cap and concealed the remaining wads of dollar bills inside it and replaced the cap on his head.

“Nigerians will reel with laughter if they ever get to watch this video. It is on the one hand hilarious and on the other, shameful,” a source said.

Further investigations revealed that Lawan’s resort to stuffing the money in his pockets and cap was done to avoid arousing suspicion from Otedola’s domestic help who would have seen him entering the house empty handed and coming out carrying a bulging envelope.

However, unknown to him, a surveillance video camera carefully installed by the SSS was recording all his actions."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-detain-farouk-lawan/118035/
Aboki Style... Lolz
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by talk2tosep(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
This whole post thing to me is effed,different comments here and there,mass protest is best to stops shits anywhere in the world.......am sick and tired of my country.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by ortopazz(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is very stupid on him, I mean I respected thiz man above every doubts because I mean after four (4) terms? 4terms? Thiz iiz crazy,thiz man just degraded Africans to the lowest repute, he has spat on our moral balance, thatz if we dint already go ova tha cliff, I mean naija no to pure buh I mean now, thz is toh bad na, upon the name and being in that spot light for that matter, being in the heat of the stage as the comittee leader, to me he should have known better.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by doublej1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2012
Until Nigerians realize this we are going nowhere.
See how a serious issue of theft has been turned into an entertainment for citizens, although am not surprised it has been a drama series right from the beginning.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by PrinceDudu(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
When will this corruption of a thing stop. angry
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by arewaboy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2012
this is ridiculous and immatrinate but i think there is some hidden truth about this scandal IT WAS A PLOT AND ENTRAPMENT.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
Hope our randy lecturers should take notegrin
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by doublej1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
naijaking1:

I take you in good faith, that you lack information to make a good decision. Which part of this story makes you suspect GEJ and OBJ to be behind this saga? The part where Lawan willfully went to Otedola's house, threatened him in person and over the phone, or the part where Lawan were stuffing dollar into all orifices of his body, or the part where Lawan refused to tell other house members, or the part where Lawan refused and denied ever recieving bribe until he was told it was marked money??
You don't have to believe me, but until you make your evidence clear, there is no need for conspiracy theory when there's hard evidence on the ground. Well, unless you're really and truely blind.

from of point of view you have called farook, a fool who is unaware of modern technology
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by SamAfrik(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
When will corruption end in Nigeria?
Think our politics need an overhaul.
Lootocracy indeed!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by KokoBeware: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
seyola: Both of u are fools,if u cant read d handwriting dat obj and GEJ are behind d whole stuff,and d aim is 2 discredit d report of d probe.

I think your the one that is the fool... please explain how OBJ and GEJ forced Farouk to go to Otedola's house or to collect the money..... someone that has been claiming integrity all the while succomed to a "cheap" bribe... and was stupid enough to cgo and collect the money himself...
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by edicolove: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
Today, the Nigerian house of representatives shamed us and called us fools, asking the entire 160 million Nigerians to go do their worst! They rose from an emergency session and instead of tackling what is one of the worst corruption cases in Nigeria, they have decided to come up with a cock and bull conspiracy theory!

They have just shown that they are all accomplices in this corruption saga. From the speaker down to the last man. They have shown that Nigeria cannot move forward as a country as long as those who claim they are helping us check the corrupt executive are the real crooks and blackmailers. OBJ said they were thieves and robbers and they shouted him down only to come and show us on National TV live, that they are real barawos! Shameless to say the least.

Where is the Save Nigeria Group when it matters most? Or do they only come out when they have a cheap political point to score against the government?

Where is the NBA? Where is Labour? Where are the #OccupyNigeria people? Or is this a confirmation that they were actually sponsored to protest in January?

Passing a vote of confidence on the house leadership and claiming the already tainted report will stand is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in a situation like this. That report is not worth a patch of tissue paper in the light of this scandal. Instead of them to sit down, do the right thing and if need be, do a fresh and credible investigation and report, they are there deceiving themselves. How on earth will you admit a report whose author is seriously indicted, in this manner, in any court of law. These guys are fools of the worst breed. How did we ever vote these kind of lawmakers into office in the first place? Even the so called opposition lawmakers just sit there and shout "aye" or "nay" to everything. This is so disheartening!

This is just too much. Let us collectively insist on the following:

1. All the members involved in this saga be immediately tried and if found guilty, jailed accordingly.
2. Government should ask a new neutral body with credible elements(if there are any left in Nigeria) to conduct a thorough probe of the subsidy case.
3. Membership to the National assembly should henceforth be a part time job.
4. The NASS members should immediately stop collecting ridiculous allocations for so called constituency projects. Imagine a NASS member collecting over 45 million per quarter. For what? They are not contractors. They are elected to make laws, not to construct projects. And you have over 360 members in the house alone!!!
5. All their excess allowances should be slashed and reduced to reasonable standards.

Please we must do something, if not for ourselves, but for future generations. Don't fold your hand and watch as your country is driven aground. The least you can do is broadcast this until it gets to the phone or email or whatever of every senator, house of reps member, gov, president, minister and security agents. Let them know we are really serious and ready to take our country back!

God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by velo10: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Caught in the act.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Reference(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The guy don fall my hand pieces.
Now Poof! goes the report, and any chance of nailing these barawos.
Even if it was a setup, Farouk acted like an amateur here. Didn't he know the kind of terrain he was playing in?

So says every grasscutter in a hunter's trap. Men, I didn't see that coming. That's what greed and corruption does to the mental faculty, it extinguishes reason. Why do you think this country is so desolate.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Phrankin(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is BS, I don't believe it.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by lanrefront1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
THIS IS WHAT I BLEIVED HAPPENED. The powers that be were very angry with Farouk Lawan for his role in the whole subsidy saga, I'm sure the demand or acceptance of the bribe was not originaly his idea.

Someone (not Otedola himself) must first have been sent to approach him. The person acting for the Zenon oil magnate must have discretely informed Lawan that Otedola his ready to pay him a stupendous amount if he can use his influence to take to off Otedola's company of the list of the companies that were indicted in the probe report.

They would have watched and waited for Lawan's next move. Once they saw Lawan was ready to play ball, he would have been told how to contact Otedola; by then the main plan to implicta him swings into action.

The SS would have been contacted by Otedola and informed that Lawan is trying to blackmail him into giving a bribe. It was at that stage the recordings of telephone converstaions and their three meetings will ensue.(Remember the papers said they met at Otedola's house and negotiated the amount over lunch) Since Otedola he's aware that their meetings and conversations are being recorded, he would have steered the conversations in such a manner that will make him appaear helpless before Farouk who is shaking him down for a bribe. This impression would be easily more established, even by Lawan who no doubt will be trying to play hardball with the multibillionaire oil magnate by trying to extort and benefit as much as possible from the shady deal. The Yorubas have an adage: "if we decide we have to eat a frog, then it's better we eat one with egg".

Lawan was given bait; he bit on the bait, swallowed it hook and sinker. He has noone to blame but himself for being so foolish.

And maybe ordinarily he is not a foolish man, but God made him, foolish because He wanted to disgrace him.

Lawan was implicted so easily: like a sheep (not the Biblical sheep) he was led to the slaughter.

Like BALLABRIGGS wisely said on this thread, in a fine condensed slogan which shows the way forward, "if Lawan is guilty, jail and let's move to the next chapter: Who stole the subsidy funds?"
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by wowo2: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
I will keep saying it with my tiny voice.
The cause of all this problem is president Jonathan. He is so annoyingly incapable. I doubt if he knows the meaning of corruption. What else is he when it under his presidency that corruption is growing wings rapidly. He does not seem to know he has a job to do - which is to affect positively the lives of the ordinary man, the man that struggles to put food on his family's table; the man who has no savings to handle whatever life decides to throw at him down the line...Jonathan should be asked to leave quietly as he has no idea, he's completely clueless. He thinks he is in government for the people (his friends or the Nigerians he remembers their faces). How can a man except he is clueless not know he should let the common man know where he stands on the only program that seems to be taking root in Nigeria - corruption; He should be the leader and show some leadership by acting it. He needs to wake up or it will be too late and he will find himself governing a non-existent state.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by kelvinjezel: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2012
shame on farouk

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Reference(m): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2012
PrinceDudu: When will this corruption of a thing stop. angry

When we all get tired of it.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Jarus(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
naijaking1:

Unfortunately, you just have to bring GEJ's name into all this. What's that conspiracy theory again?
That GEJ and OBJ caused the rain to fall, and Lawan couldn't go home for the night, so he had to pass the night over Otedola's place, and somewhere somehow at midnight Lawan began making threats and extorting money from Otedola just as GEJ had planned?

Then, it came to pass that when Lawan laid his hands on the dollar bills, it felt so good that he didn't want to let go, infact he wanted more, because GEJ and OBJ planned it, and maketh it that the soul of boyish looking, but corrupttothebone SOB would be overtaken by the dollar! Lo, it came to pass that once Lawan tasted the first dollar bill, his appetite for more dollar grew in leaps and bounds, because GEJ had so planned.

On the 40th day of GEJ's temptation of Lawan, the house member went to his supervisors in the house, gave them a little bit of Otedola's dollar, and they too liked it so much. And he was allowed to convince and decieve the whole house on the need to remove Otedola's companies from the list going to hell, because as it was agreed upon by Otedola and Lawan, more dollar shall flow forth from hence cometh the first batch.

And now, the police wanted their marked dollar bills back, but Tambuwal/Ihedioha house said no, no dollar evidence shall be released from the house, because they are the house constitutionaly. But the Lord God, who resides in heaven and and among the firmaments knowth the real reason for Lawan and his supervisors not to release the dollar.

The dollar has been spent by the their wives, concubines, childrens, and mistresses- all working for GEJ!

I was one of the earliest Nairalanders that believed FL actually demanded for the bribe. See my post trail. I never exonerated him, even when a lot of people were doubting it was true.

Clearly, FL initiated teh bribe.

My point in that post is that if at all FL wanted to collect bribe, how can it be from Otedola, who is more powerful than him, who is closer to the president and other powers-that-be than him, and not expect it to leak to the top executive guys. He could have gotten away with it if it were to be Baba Alata subsidy-choppers petroleum and other low to medium scale 'oil magnates', not Otedola, unless he has presidential backing.

The guy did a poor job. Good for Nigeria sha.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
[size=20pt]Farouk Lawan is an INTERNATIONAL a LOCAL THIEF Abeg, someone should please Upload the Video na i wan laugh abeg!! grin grin[/size]
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by question(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
This is not the first and will not be the last scandal.
Bribery and Corruption is endemic in Nigeria.
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by sunkoye: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2012
grin grin grin
ndidibabe: But sha, Otedola is a badt boy!
sure na...as aboki will always be aboki. seriously, otedola is smart sha....even if otedola was guilty law of karma is definitely powerless in this situation. nigeria i bow!!
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2012
it will be a real good comedy skit grin grin grin.. A serving honorable member stuffing money in his fila cap grin grin

chai, comedians like AY, Gordons. elenu don get inspiration OOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by dannywest01: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2012
cogitoErgo: when is this video comng out?

Coming soon>>>> watch out
Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by Beaf: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2012
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Broda Okon come e! Short man don pafom again o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This reminds me of the story of how tortoise got bald, shoving stolen boiling hot porridge into his cap to conceal it!
The porridge burnt his damn hair off and he got pregnant to match!

Babalawo mo wa bebe
Alubirin!
Babalawo mo wa bebe
Alubirin!
O ni mama fowo kenu
Alubirin!
O ni mama fese kenu
Alubirin!
Moboju wokun ori bendun
Alubirin!
Babalawo mo wa bebe
Alubirin!

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion. by lanrefront1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion / PHOTOS: Visible Cracks On Apapa Bridge- NEWSHELM / Nigerian Soldier Shot On The Leg In Cameroon During Fight With Boko Haram (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.