Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn (20403 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by scopusng(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2012
Zenon Oil Boss, Femi Otedola, to sue the House of Reps for N1trn over the defamation of his character during its plenary session on Friday.

Following the decision of the House of Reps to refer his oil company, Zenon Oil to anti-graft agencies for fraud investigation, Mr Femi Otedola has described the plenary session of the House as a celebration of corruption.

A statement issued by him in reaction to the House resolution reads: “I have stated the facts in my interview with Thisday newspaper and nothing but the facts. That Farouk Lawan demanded $3 million from me and because I refused to oblige him he included the name of Zenon amongst those who bought forex without importing petroleum products. He did this without even asking Zenon to produce a single document of the forex transaction. He clearly wanted to extort money for an offence I did not commit. That is why I went to report to the security agencies. If I had anything to hide I wouldn’t have gone to the agencies. There is an old adage that says “people who live in glass houses should not throw stones”.

“Moreover it is not possible to purchase $232, 975,385.13 million from CBN without importing the product. The total figure is not even $232, 975,385.13 million as alleged but $372, 207, 990 million. They should go and amend the report to read $372, 207, 990 million which is the correct figure. It is not possible to purchase this volume of forex from the CBN with first class banks such as Access bank, FCMB, GTB, UBA and an international bank BNP Paribas which is one of the biggest and most respected banks in the world.

“If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses can be blackmailed this way all in a bid to extort money from them, I pity people that are just starting out in business in this country. In all my business dealings I have always been above board and the records are there to prove. As far as I know Lawan could not have been working alone in this extortionist plot. A tree does not make a forest. Let me also state for the records that we are not in any way affiliated to the other company Synopsis enterprises Ltd also included in the report. Actions of today by the house is laughable, a mere celebration of corruption and a further indictment on their honorable member. “

http://ediong..pt/2012/06/femi-otedola-describes-house-of-reps.html

17 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Yeske2(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2012
This whole sh.t is getting more interesting
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:47am On Jun 16, 2012
Nice one mate. He should sue their greedy conniving arses off the face of the earth angry. They're just smarting over the fact he helped out one of them for the thieving bastard he is, and now they want to find one way or the other to rope Otedola into the whole sordid affair as being equally guilty. Their man has been caught with his hand in the till, and they should deal with it. Shikena!!!

Imagine Farouk of all people!!! shocked The guy looks so innocent like butter can't melt in his mouth, and he goes and falls our hand like this. I've always said it's the innocent looking ones you should be wary of. angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Clerverly: 11:47am On Jun 16, 2012
I thought they said your name was removed immediately you paid the alleged $620K dollars...Is really getting interesting...crook.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Clerverly: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2012
I h[b]ave stated the facts in my interview with Thisday newspaper and nothing but the facts. That Farouk Lawan demanded $3 million from me and because I refused to oblige him he included the name of Zenon amongst those who bought forex without importing petroleum products. He did this without even asking Zenon to produce a single document of the forex transaction. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by scopusng(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2012
Fooolllllsssssssss.Shameless ppl.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by reindeer: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ans so marks the end of the subsidy probe thing.
There'll be so many distractions and counter disctractions that at the end of the day, the probe is dead.
One thing is clear though, the government is aware that without these people stealing all these vast amounts of money, there would have been no need to remove the subsidy yet instead of tackling the bad guys, the masses are forced to bear the brunt.
Moreso the president's friends have their fingers deep in these crises so he has no choice but to protect his friends by hook or by crook.
This is the most corrupt president the country has ever had, makes Abacha look like a saint.
God help Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Let the games begin
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Ibangap(m): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Episode 5, wen is d next episode showin?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femooooooo My Mentor and Friend... Luv u die!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 16, 2012
I love Otedola, this is a game changer. I hate those legislators, they keep growing shameful potbellies. They will pay the 1tr.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by supranodyahoo(m): 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Nice[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by kayswag100(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Oga OP!! I nor see anywhere for im comment wen im talk say im dey sue dem fro 1tr o!

any way, even if he didnt say so, he should plan to do! Old junk that gulp 25% of our budget!!! 4 of them alone can afford 1tr without hassles!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by idnole4(m): 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Getting more interesting! Femi Otedola is smart.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Lamorde, it's happy day for you, just make sure the bills aren't marked, and go with a mask at 2am, Oru laa seka
dont hide it in ur cap this time cos that seem not to work
he must pay the money.

Corrupt government.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by humblebee: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
i hope its get messier so more names will be mentioned.. i know farouk will still act a snitch pretty soon when the the seat gets hotter.. obj was right afterall "rogues and thieves"

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by dani1luv: 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
[size=13pt]Thief!! see him mouth like 1 trillion angry[/size]
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by philip0906(m): 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
scene one episode 2. . .we dey watch grin grin
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by slimdiggi: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Popcorn and coke anyone? I dont even have to pay 1500 to watch grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Alumnus: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
Am starting to admire this guy. Years ago when Elrufai claimed that the Senate members are demanding bribe from him the leadership of the Senate asked him to produce an audio record to prove his case and d case died a natural death. This time the claim now is that Femi manipulated Farcrook to collect bribe even when there are video and voice recording to prove otherwise.

10 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by alpontif(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
People do not become billionaires by being idiots. Femi is very smart, farouk underestimated him.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by tigerleggs(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
Among Legislooters, Facrook and Otedollar. Who be the thief naa. I'm now confused.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by DURKHEIM: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
scopusng: Zenon Oil Boss, Femi Otedola, to sue the House of Reps for N1trn over the defamation of his character during its plenary session on Friday.

Following the decision of the House of Reps to refer his oil company, Zenon Oil to anti-graft agencies for fraud investigation, Mr Femi Otedola has described the plenary session of the House as a celebration of corruption.

A statement issued by him in reaction to the House resolution reads: “I have stated the facts in my interview with Thisday newspaper and nothing but the facts. That Farouk Lawan demanded $3 million from me and because I refused to oblige him he included the name of Zenon amongst those who bought forex without importing petroleum products. He did this without even asking Zenon to produce a single document of the forex transaction. He clearly wanted to extort money for an offence I did not commit. That is why I went to report to the security agencies. If I had anything to hide I wouldn’t have gone to the agencies. There is an old adage that says “people who live in glass houses should not throw stones”.

“Moreover it is not possible to purchase $232, 975,385.13 million from CBN without importing the product. The total figure is not even $232, 975,385.13 million as alleged but $372, 207, 990 million. They should go and amend the report to read $372, 207, 990 million which is the correct figure. It is not possible to purchase this volume of forex from the CBN with first class banks such as Access bank, FCMB, GTB, UBA and an international bank BNP Paribas which is one of the biggest and most respected banks in the world.

“If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses can be blackmailed this way all in a bid to extort money from them, I pity people that are just starting out in business in this country. In all my business dealings I have always been above board and the records are there to prove. As far as I know Lawan could not have been working alone in this extortionist plot. A tree does not make a forest. Let me also state for the records that we are not in any way affiliated to the other company Synopsis enterprises Ltd also included in the report. Actions of today by the house is laughable, a mere celebration of corruption and a further indictment on their honorable member. “

http://ediong..pt/2012/06/femi-otedola-describes-house-of-reps.html
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by yabadabado: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
THEY ARE JUST ANGRY BECAUSE ONE OF THEM AND OF COURSE THE HOUSE OF GOATS HAS BEEN EXPOSED FOR WHAT IT IS. MOST OF THEM WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME..NOW DEM ONE COME FIGHT ESPIRIT DE CO- FIGHT.
HERMAN HERBEM DEMENDED BRIBE FROM SEC DG -OLE ABI NA OTEH
LAWAN '' '' '' FEMI
THE THEIVING LOT IN THAT HOUSE WILL SUFFER IJN

NIGERIA IS MESSED UP...EVEN THE PRESIDENT DEY USE MINISTER FOR NIGER-DELTA TO TRY BRIBE SAVE NIGERIA GROUP.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Richtalk: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Otedola has finished these foolish legislators. They are just too lazy to do their job and full of sentiments. Just because one of them was caught, they want to transfer the anger to the executive arm. If the executive was involved in exposing their corruption, then that calls for commmendation.

Point number one, Otedola said Farouk demanded money from him to include his name among those that collected forex without importing PMS. What the legislators needed to do first was to investigate and see if Zenon actually collected the forex.

Second point: The house should have verify the exact figures before putting it back in the report.

Third point:The house should have ordered a fresh probe of the two companies earlier in the list to acertain the true level of their participation in the fuel subsidy. But the foolish legislators were too lazy, and just quickly put back the company without even verifying the figures.

Fourth point :For Otedola to report the bribe to SSS after knowing that his company will be removed list shows that he is confident that his company's name was not even suppose to be on the list, and I believe he has enough proof.

Fifth point:The best thing for the legislators to do yesterday was to order a fresh probe of fuel subsidy by an independent body. Though this might be very painful for Nigerians, but the best.Anything that comes out of tje former report will still be challenged in court by the marketers because it lacks credibility.

Finally, these so called legislators should bury their head in shame because they have rubbished themselves. They should stop attacking the excutive because corruption within them was exposed. The way things are going the whole legsitors will be label incompetent and their leadership might be forced to step down.So their votes of confidence on the leadership will be rubished.
Otedola is the Hero here. As far their is no proof of corruption against him, he remains innocent and the victor.

22 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Chanchit: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
1tr or not, ma own be say farouk lawan must go to jail

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lacasa: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
reindeer: Ans so marks the end of the subsidy probe thing.
There'll be so many distractions and counter disctractions that at the end of the day, the probe is dead.
One thing is clear though, the government is aware that without these people stealing all these vast amounts of money, there would have been no need to remove the subsidy yet instead of tackling the bad guys, the masses are forced to bear the brunt.
Moreso the president's friends have their fingers deep in these crises so he has no choice but to protect his friends by hook or by crook.
This is the most corrupt president the country has ever had, makes Abacha look like a saint.
God help Nigeria

May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ 4 dis comment.

Wat. Madde M̶̲̥̅ε̲ laugh in this thief(otedola)'s statement was the part he said - “If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses".

Iimagine!, OBJ gave Otedola, Dangote, Peterside, Okereke, etc the environment τ̅o make ​ so​ much money by suppresing others aπϑ handing them keys τ̅o Nigeria's economy cos they were his own boys i.e OBJ gang.

Aπϑ he is here talking bout hardwork Hardwork my foot!

U̶̲̥̅̊ are nothing bt an opportunist aπϑ a crook
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Joey82(m): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
@op

i didnt see where he said he was gonna sue the house,
even if he were, what will the charges be?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by radar5(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
What is bad in investigating Otedola?We know him and his manner of doing business.If he is clean,he shouldn't fear investigation.If God sees you are clean,let people also see.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Again I would ask: how could Lawan be so FOOLISH to blackmail someone as influential as Femi Otedola, let alone when Otedola is not even among the beneficiaries of subsidy funds? I can't imagine that someone with Lawan's experience in high level politics - being the longest serving House of Reps Member - can be so foolish. Pure suicide on his part.

I can Imagine how much bribe the really guilty barons like Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil), Tonye Cole (Sahara Oil), etc. would have paid.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by dabigwalls: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Warnings for future House of Reps Members:

1) Never visit Otedola, it is a journey of no return.
2) Where unavoidable, go along with your BB, ping Otedola, do not talk.
3) Never wear any form of head cover/cap: prevention is better than cure.
4) Do not feast at his table - food ingested strips you of any rememberance of anything "integrity" related.
5) Otedola will never ever dash you $500,000 - who are you? He sold diesel from a drum once.
6) You will go down if you insist beyond first resistance from him to "drop".
7) Read lessons 1-6 again.
cool Memorize them.
9) Where you flout any of the rules, prepare to deny, accept, deny again, and finally confess.
10)Prepare for judiciary's cash/cut in the event that the devil entered you and you failed to heed these warnings.

14 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by DURKHEIM: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
Is dis nt a cat n mouse race? Why wud dey b fooling us wt 'he coleted, i didnt colet' it seems both of dem are just playn pranks on our inteligence. Thunder fire deir y--sh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malabu Scandal: House Of Representative To Summon Goodluck Jonathan / Oyedepo Sends God’s Judgment Missiles Into Boko Haram Camp / New Facilities Provided For NAF In Benue (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.