Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn (20398 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Ajillo: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ibanga p: Episode 5, wen is d next episode showin?

In the next episode, one other zombie will allege that he refused to play ball and so his company's name got included. Curtain draws on the report.
The End
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by koruji(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Can't understand some people!!! To help u: someone willing to pay a bribe does not call police.

egift: Femi Otedola is beginning to show his true colours.

1. He was ready to offer $3m to remove his name from the list
2. Now he wants to be paid N1 trillion because we want to ask him "how much of the subsidy money he stole".

Who knows what this cabal have stolen from us since 1999 - 2012?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Guapo(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femi Otedola is the guy with the Gun cool
He is way smarter than the whole house of rogues representing us. He has plans for every outcome.

I knew the Lawan of a guy is a criminal when he presented a review to the recommendations he made. Go watch that video again and see how he mumbled on words in d defense of the review
which demanded that Zenon Oil be removed.

Every Info Otedola gave tallies with what happened at d plenary that day.

The other members of the house never asked the right questions. For example;
What document guided the ad-hoc committee to enlisting Zenon in d first instance?
What document and revelation made it appropriate to de-list Zenon?

Instead of the silly guys asking questions they were busy blaming the executive.
THIEVES!!! GOD PUNISH your GENERATIONS angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by esoteric1: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
webdezzi: Lamorde, it's happy day for you, just make sure the bills aren't marked, and go with a mask at 2am, Oru laa seka
dont hide it in ur cap this time cos that seem not to work
he must pay the money.

Corrupt government.
lol. If the guy is innocent, hope he succeeds in thoroughly embarrassing those crooks

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Guapo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
koruji: Can't understand some people!!! To help u: someone willing to pay a bribe does not call police.

I taya o. If we don't write on the board sum people won't just get it.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by koruji(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
So what is holding the storyteller back? I think the story is clear enough - Farouk fell into his own trap.

prodam: my opinion might not be regarded or may be seen as that from one who abets corruption but it belongs to me. it goes thus:

from my own perspective, Hon. Faruk Lawan would be vindicated soon. The shame of the plotters would be brought to the public table.
all these are just done to enervate his fighting spirit against indiscipline and corruption.

am not saying Faruk lawan is not involved in this a whole mess, but the story we have heard would be re-told, its a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Guapo(m): 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
naptu2: Legislative immunity:

Immunity from proceedings

No civil or criminal proceedings may be instituted against any member of a Legislative House-

(a)              in respect of words spoken before that House or a committee thereof; or

(b)              in respect of words written in a report to that House or to any committee
thereof or in any petition, bill, resolution, motion or question brought or introduced by him therein.

http://www.placng.org/lawsofnigeria/node/145

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/imami/IMMUNITY%20MARIAM%20AND%20IMAM.pdf
We are finished! This country is so phucked!!!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by N101: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
This is the same Femi Odetola that messed up AP while he was "running" it? Boy Nigerians have short memories.

Pray tell, whose money did he use to pay the bribe - his own or Zenon's?

The pensions debacle, the SEC hearing, now the fuel subsidy probe - nothing surprises me anymore. Much ado about nothing, Nigeria and Nigerians will not change.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
N101: This is the same Femi Odetola that messed up AP while he was "running" it? Boy Nigerians have short memories.

The pensions debacle, the SEC hearing, now the fuel subsidy probe - nothing surprises me anymore. Much ado about nothing, Nigeria and Nigerians will not change.

Pray tell, are you blind and deaf?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
N101:

What bribe? Can't you read? If you think Otedola is a crook, all you have to do is provide a watertight evidence agaist him, the same way he is doing agaist Farouk. Besides, this is not about AP.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by naijaking1: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
N101: This is the same Femi Odetola that messed up AP while he was "running" it? Boy Nigerians have short memories.

Confusion or illitracy no dey good-o! Whose money he used to pay the bribe? Have you not heared that the police or SSS gave him some marked dollar bills.
I predicted Otedola's response, and justifiably so. He's a patriot who reported a bribery demand, and for the house to get angry at him for exposing one of their own, and infact Tambuwal's house of corruption is a typical Nigerian reaction.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by princeFAD: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Richtalk: Otedola has finished these foolish legislators. They are just too lazy to do their job and full of sentiments. Just because one of them was caught, they want to transfer the anger to the executive arm. If the executive was involved in exposing their corruption, then that calls for commmendation.

Point number one, Otedola said Farouk demanded money from him to include his name among those that collected forex without importing PMS. What the legislators needed to do first was to investigate and see if Zenon actually collected the forex.

Second point: The house should have verify the exact figures before putting it back in the report.

Third point:The house should have ordered a fresh probe of the two companies earlier in the list to acertain the true level of their participation in the fuel subsidy. But the foolish legislators were too lazy, and just quickly put back the company without even verifying the figures.

Fourth point :For Otedola to report the bribe to SSS after knowing that his company will be removed list shows that he is confident that his company's name was not even suppose to be on the list, and I believe he has enough proof.

Fifth point:The best thing for the legislators to do yesterday was to order a fresh probe of fuel subsidy by an independent body. Though this might be very painful for Nigerians, but the best.Anything that comes out of tje former report will still be challenged in court by the marketers because it lacks credibility.

Finally, these so called legislators should bury their head in shame because they have rubbished themselves. They should stop attacking the excutive because corruption within them was exposed. The way things are going the whole legsitors will be label incompetent and their leadership might be forced to step down.So their votes of confidence on the leadership will be rubished.
Otedola is the Hero here. As far their is no proof of corruption against him, he remains innocent and the victor.

Yes,exactly on point bro.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by nduchucks: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ah ah!!!! Otunba Odetola, shey de loot wey una don take from naija system never do ni? wetin you wan take N1trn do again? una go die finish and relatives go kill themselves for de money wey remain. SMH
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
When can we start shooting rep members? angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by olumidazz: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
Well I don't believe otedola's story neither do I believe lawans, the whole story is simply a chess game which contains the very essence of life and hence the reason 4 the back and forth movements from the 2 major game players. The executives as we all know may be the master players here and cannot absolve itself from the scam right from the office of the president or how else can one explain why the minister of petroleum is still in office despite the probes recommendations. Am afraid otedola may sue legislooters for 900 billion trillion dollars, that will be what we all will be grappling with whilst the oil subsidy report will never see daylight. That will at the end be a master move scripted and orchestrated by the pdp infested executives.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by teskyg: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
Farouk is traped.He is a big criminal with all those who are looking for ways to exonarate him.Otedola did not become a Billionaire in a day.This is the end of those clowns.Mpte head will roll when Farouk start feeling the Heat.Tambuwal will fall like a park of card.I strongly believe he was involved in this.They decided to throw Farouk out to the Lions to save dr face.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by AnotherOkija: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
I do not know this Otedola fellow but let me just state this, if he is so open about this, he is as clean as a butterfly..

Its very sad what the Reps are trying to do. The whole subsidy report should have been thrown into the bin. Putting Otedola back on the list and asking the EFCC to investigate them is absolute rubbish and reeks of vengeance.

What the Reps should have done was suspend Farouk and hand him over to the Police for investigation and subsequent prosecution and set up a new panel of inquiry into the subsidy probe. Another could have also been set-up to determine how many oil marketers apart from Otedola paid bribes..

All the members on the Subsidy probe panel should have been suspended alongside Farouk.. Like Otedola said, a tree no fit form forrest...

Otedola is a business man that has somehow managed to survive the murky waters of doing business in Nigeria... If you think that a group of half literate, crooked senators would outsmart him, then you underestimate what it takes to become a billionaire in Nigeria and the world over.. Fools dont last that long at the top..

The House of Reps have indeed shown that they are a band of thieves.. Its a surprise that not one of them thought of throwing out the entire 210page report.. Its a surprise that they cant collectively think past Otedola to see that their must be others who paid this bribe without video taping it..

Kudos Mr. Otedola... I hope you win the Billion and that this saga exposes more crooks in the assembly..

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by werepeLeri: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
dustydee: He said his name was removed because he paid bribe now the decision has been reversed what is he complaining about? I think the house took the right decision. He has nothing to fear if he is not guilty as the anti-corruption agencies will determine that and not the house-period.

English language seems to be your problem. His company name was inserted because he first refused to give 3m$ bribe - after the sting operation, and having given $620k to Lawan and friends, Lawan came openly on the floor of the house asking that Zenon and the other company be removed.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by werepeLeri: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
olumidazz: Well I don't believe otedola's story neither do I believe lawans, the whole story is simply a chess game which contains the very essence of life and hence the reason 4 the back and forth movements from the 2 major game players. The executives as we all know may be the master players here and cannot absolve itself from the scam right from the office of the president or how else can one explain why the minister of petroleum is still in office despite the probes recommendations. Am afraid otedola may sue legislooters for 900 billion trillion dollars, that will be what we all will be grappling with whilst the oil subsidy report will never see daylight. That will at the end be a master move scripted and orchestrated by the pdp infested executives.

and why should we believe yours? What is your own evidence and what is your own story? Bull!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Did I not say it yesterday that the house of reps would be marooned with legal battles due to their connivance in Farouks extortion? What we saw the den of fuckers do yesterday, was simply spit on our collective moral sensibilities. This is the beginning of the end.

I suggest a brand new subsidy probe under the leadership of known upright citizens like Hajia Najatu Muhammed, Olisa Agbakoba, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Colonel Umar etc.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Technically he can sue, but it will more than likely be thrown out. . . And the courts might force him to pay all court costs.

You cannot successfully sue lawmakers.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Otedola once a business man always a business man even if u win d 1trn they would give is still our money so why not ask the court to bar them from holding public office after they have resigned of course

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by SamAfrik(m): 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2012
Prof. Femi teaching d house of thieves some lessons. These guys shd pls drop d glorified title 'Hon.'
Otedola is now a national hero, & as his name implies - ur conspiracy only makes him wealthier.
Shameless gluttons!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
pro01: Again I would ask: how could Lawan be so FOOLISH to blackmail someone as influential as Femi Otedola, let alone when Otedola is not even among the beneficiaries of subsidy funds? I can't imagine that someone with Lawan's experience in high level politics - being the longest serving House of Reps Member - can be so foolish. Pure suicide on his part.

I can Imagine how much bribe the really guilty barons like Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil), Tonye Cole (Sahara Oil), etc. would have paid.

It is because he is repping for the subsidy cabal who want to get GEJ out by all means come 2015. They are scared that their oil block whose licenses will expire between 2016 and 2018 will not be renewed by GEJ, cos he is from the Niger Delta. The cabal succeeded in fooling the people into thinking they were the good guys, but GEJ is quiet and very coded, he simply set a trap and maintained silence. Until today, GEJ is denying he had no hand in it. Coding, bro. cool

This matter is still very far from over. I thank God that there is someone like GEJ as President today; someone who looks like he doesn't know what people are up to, while employing heavy "maths" and "science" on them in the background. Lol!

Let me remind NL that the cabal are those who got their oil blocks from IBB, Abacha (and Buhari), and Abdulsalam. These people (less than 100) make more money per year than the entire Niger Delta, yet are surrounded by almajiri's and extending their proboscis across Nigeria to suck the blood out of the man in the street. For the country to be free, the grip of their tentacles has to be calmly loosened - their influence is everywhere; police, army, customs, govt, NASS...

Aluta!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by andyanders: 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
cannot wait to get a copy from my brother at Alaba market.I will look for areas to print more of the copies."CHOP I TALK" very interesting movie

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Orikinla(m): 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
What a black comedy in the house of dogs.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
naptu2: Legislative immunity:

Immunity from proceedings

No civil or criminal proceedings may be instituted against any member of a Legislative House-

(a)              in respect of words spoken before that House or a committee thereof; or

(b)              in respect of words written in a report to that House or to any committee
thereof or in any petition, bill, resolution, motion or question brought or introduced by him therein.

http://www.placng.org/lawsofnigeria/node/145

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/imami/IMMUNITY%20MARIAM%20AND%20IMAM.pdf

But he is not suing a member, he is suing the institution of the house of rep. I'm not a legal mind, so I might be mistaken, but it seems there is a difference. Can you throw more light? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
The resolution of the whole house has once again brought to the fore the sheer incompetence, hypocrisy and obvious insincerity of the so called honorable members. They still don't get it: the report in whatever guise or form is now worthless and can not even survive the weakest of legal challenge. That a supposedly law making body led by a lawyer could not see that was baffling to say the least. If you are not credible, how can your evidence be deemed credible?

The report is dead because it lacks credibility. They should not even bother to start a new probe. Anything short of independent body x-raying the subsidy palaver would still fail the credibility test. PDP has failed Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

It is because he is repping for the subsidy cabal who want to get GEJ out by all means come 2015. They are scared that their oil block whose licenses will expire between 2016 and 2018 will not be renewed by GEJ, cos he is from the Niger Delta. The cabal succeeded in fooling the people into thinking they were the good guys, but GEJ is quiet and very coded, he simply set a trap and maintained silence. Until today, GEJ is denying he had no hand in it. Coding, bro. cool

This matter is still very far from over. I thank God that there is someone like GEJ as President today; someone who looks like he doesn't know what people are up to, while employing heavy "maths" and "science" on them in the background. Lol!

Let me remind NL that the cabal are those who got their oil blocks from IBB, Abacha (and Buhari), and Abdulsalam. These people (less than 100) make more money per year than the entire Niger Delta, yet are surrounded by almajiri's and extending their proboscis across Nigeria to suck the blood out of the man in the street. For the country to be free, the grip of their tentacles has to be calmly loosened - their influence is everywhere; police, army, customs, govt, NASS...

Aluta!
Pls there is no proof that there is anything like subsidy Cabal. This incident even shows it. How can billions leave the central bank unaccounted for and talk of people owning Oil blocks. Don't attribute any praise to GEJ and co here. There is no proof of Cabals here, if there are SLS must have at least some real names.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ajillo:

In the next episode, one other zombie will allege that he refused to play ball and so his company's name got included. Curtain draws on the report.
The End
though i know that is how its going to end but dont you think they will still add up some suspense in between.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by winioluwa: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
They are all thieves. who is fooling who? The bottom line still remains that the fuel subsidy report should be implemented and the faces of all the cabal exposed.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by quazim(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
I pity F.Lawan because I'v always respected him so much but wit dis he fumbled. He is like DOG dat enters into LION's den. We all know dat d Dog wil only come out bathed wit BLOOD.dis is a Lesson 4 a wise MAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Bought N3.6bn Exotic Cars During Recession –reps / "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / It Is Time To Impeach Buhari – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.