Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn (20397 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by prodam(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
my opinion might not be regarded or may be seen as that from one who abets corruption but it belongs to me. it goes thus:

from my own perspective, Hon. Faruk Lawan would be vindicated soon. The shame of the plotters would be brought to the public table.
all these are just done to enervate his fighting spirit against indiscipline and corruption.

am not saying Faruk lawan is not involved in this a whole mess, but the story we have heard would be re-told, its a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by twinkle1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
this is getting more interesting..
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by dustydee: 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
He said his name was removed because he paid bribe now the decision has been reversed what is he complaining about? I think the house took the right decision. He has nothing to fear if he is not guilty as the anti-corruption agencies will determine that and not the house-period.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by maybel(m): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
reindeer: Ans so marks the end of the subsidy probe thing.
There'll be so many distractions and counter disctractions that at the end of the day, the probe is dead.
One thing is clear though, the government is aware that without these people stealing all these vast amounts of money, there would have been no need to remove the subsidy yet instead of tackling the bad guys, the masses are forced to bear the brunt.
Moreso the president's friends have their fingers deep in these crises so he has no choice but to protect his friends by hook or by crook.
This is the most corrupt president the country has ever had, makes Abacha look like a saint.
God help Nigeria
On d contrary,this is d most sincere democratically elected president Nigeria has ever had. Did u see all these revelatns during Shagari, OBJ & Yar'adua regimes? Not dat d level of Corruption wasn't as much as this but their governments were not as transparent as this. At least,to some extent,we're aware of d level of rot going on amoung our leaders. We can only blame d president if at d end of d day nothing is done about all these enquiries or revelatns. It's too early to start condemning d president now.

8 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by scopusng(m): 1:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
prodam: my opinion might not be regarded or may be seen as that from one who abets corruption but it belongs to me. it goes thus:

from my own perspective, Hon. Faruk Lawan would be vindicated soon. The shame of the plotters would be brought to the public table.
all these are just done to enervate his fighting spirit against indiscipline and corruption.

am not saying Faruk lawan is not involved in this a whole mess, but the story we have heard would be re-told, its a matter of time.

Says Pastor TB Joshua abi?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
Clerverly: I thought they said your name was removed immediately you paid the alleged $620K dollars...Is really getting interesting...crook.
It was removed as the bribe was paid but he is now to be investigated because he reported them to security agencies.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by egift(m): 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femi Otedola is beginning to show his true colours.

1. He was ready to offer $3m to remove his name from the list
2. Now he wants to be paid N1 trillion because we want to ask him "how much of the subsidy money he stole".

Who knows what this cabal have stolen from us since 1999 - 2012?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by kaeto(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
tigerleggs: Among Legislooters, Facrook and Otedollar. Who be the thief naa. I'm now confused.
please do me well to remain confused forever,you hear?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by maigaskiya1: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
Yeske!:
This whole sh.t is getting more interesting
i taugt u guys say gudluk is d most corupt nijerian
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Am beginning to like this Otedola guy.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Super1759: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
I can't believe that one man(otedola)is exposing these thieves like this.well for otedola to make hus move to expose farouk.he must have plotted his escape route.he is a biz man.so knows whatsup.wether he is involved or not.he is ontop of his game.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
tigerleggs: Among Legislooters, Facrook and Otedollar. Who be the thief naa. I'm now confused.
Abeg FAR-CROOK is the CROOK by FAR.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by rasputinn(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2012
The noose will get tighter and we shall soon see if Thumble-wall/Tambuwall was involved in all of this

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by colossus19: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Bushmeat don dey catch the hunter
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by rasputinn(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
[b]“Now, Nigerians know who is corrupt and who is not. It is a big shame, it has further ridiculed the image of the House. Basically, what we read in the newspapers does not come as a surprise having had relationship with him for a very long time. He is the leader of the cartel...I did not steal any money. What happened when they were

calling for my removal was a mere anticipatory spending, no money was missing. Dimeji Bankole, whom Farouk installed, spent over N400 million to renovate his official quarters, which I wanted to renovate with just N40 million, and sold it to himself for N100 million. "

Those were the words of former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mrs. Patricia Etteh, on the self confession by the Chairman of the Ad-hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy Regime, Farouk Lawan, that he took $620,000 bribe from the Chairman of Forte Oil, Mr. Femi Otedola. More than four years after she was removed as Speaker, Etteh yesterday said Lawan's culpability has justified her innocence.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/11445-3m-bribery-scandal-ex-speaker-patricia-etteh-blows-hot[/b]

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
lacasa:

May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ 4 dis comment.

Wat. Madde M̶̲̥̅ε̲ laugh in this thief(otedola)'s statement was the part he said - “If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses".

Iimagine!, OBJ gave Otedola, Dangote, Peterside, Okereke, etc the environment τ̅o make ​ so​ much money by suppresing others aπϑ handing them keys τ̅o Nigeria's economy cos they were his own boys i.e OBJ gang.

Aπϑ he is here talking bout hardwork Hardwork my foot!

U̶̲̥̅̊ are nothing bt an opportunist aπϑ a crook
. My brother forget the advantages of having a God father. It still takes street smartness to be a billionaire no matter how you got the billions. Also no one can be lazy in the real sense of it and become a billionaire. It's one thing to have the opportunity, it's another thing to use it. Even for guys that were born into it without having to 'work hard' for it if you aren't street smart you won't be able to preserve it and it will be squandered away, meaning the next generation won't be bequeathed with anything.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by stillme(m): 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
This guy is smart.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by MenimenOseni: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femi...champion of capua. The Spartacus! From menimen!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Sealeddeal(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Otedola is among the smartest and most courage person i have seen so far in nigeria.so the House of Rep want to fight back?So they are supporting corruption?why didnt they issue the same call for EFCC to prosecute Farouk?why did they tell GEJ to implement a doctored recommendation.No matter how genuinely minded the subsidy probe may be,a doctored report will never be accepted.things must follow the lawful course.Otedola gave evidence to support his claim and instead of House of Rep distancing themselves from a caught thief,they decided to rope the person that said truth.it shall never be well with them.Otedola may be a criminal but what we want is a lawful way to get him and not vindictive way.why didnt they set up a new probe immediately and give them 1month to come up with result.Instead,they sent EFCC.they are trying to protect Farouk.it will not work.he should sue them for trillions and not just a trillion.Tambuwal is trying to avoid getting enmeshed with this issue bt he is indirectly not taking a right action and will fail if care is not taken

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by NaMe4: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Cheii! Femo don DULL these H of Reps dem finish!

So we still get half-educated Reps plenty like this?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by stillme(m): 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
maybel: On d contrary,this is d most sincere democratically elected president Nigeria has ever had. Did u see all these revelatns during Shagari, OBJ & Yar'adua regimes? Not dat d level of Corruption wasn't as much as this but their governments were not as transparent as this. At least,to some extent,we're aware of d level of rot going on amoung our leaders. We can only blame d president if at d end of d day nothing is done about all these enquiries or revelatns. It's too early to start condemning d president now.

tell me,who among the politicians in nigeria is not to be condemned? No matter what he is to be condemned.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by KokoBeware: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
lacasa:

May God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ 4 dis comment.

Wat. Madde M̶̲̥̅ε̲ laugh in this thief(otedola)'s statement was the part he said - “If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses".

Iimagine!, OBJ gave Otedola, Dangote, Peterside, Okereke, etc the environment τ̅o make ​ so​ much money by suppresing others aπϑ handing them keys τ̅o Nigeria's economy cos they were his own boys i.e OBJ gang.

Aπϑ he is here talking bout hardwork Hardwork my foot!

U̶̲̥̅̊ are nothing bt an opportunist aπϑ a crook

Of course he has worked VERY hard to build his buisness, he made use of the opportunity given to him...
So u are saying the fact that he used the opportunity given to him is enof reason for Farouk to share in his wealth

Am definately begining to love this Otedola guy....

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by mabcos: 2:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
[quote author=Richtalk]Otedola has finished these foolish legislators. They are just too lazy to do their job and full of sentiments. Just because one of them was caught, they want to transfer the anger to the executive arm. If the executive was involved in exposing their corruption, then that calls for commmendation.

Point number one, Otedola said Farouk demanded money from him to include his name among those that collected forex without importing PMS. What the legislators needed to do first was to inv...DON'T EVEN BY ANY STYLE THINK U CAN FOOL NIGERIANS TO USE THIS MEDIUM OR ANY OTHER ONE TO ADVOCATE FOR ANOTHER FRESH SUBSIDY REPORT. THEY CAN DIG FOR MORE PERSONS OR COMPANIES TO BE INCLUDED. BUT THE FORMER IS STILL VALID AND MUST BE DEFFENDED NOW!.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by naptu2: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
Legislative immunity:

Immunity from proceedings

No civil or criminal proceedings may be instituted against any member of a Legislative House-

(a)              in respect of words spoken before that House or a committee thereof; or

(b)              in respect of words written in a report to that House or to any committee
thereof or in any petition, bill, resolution, motion or question brought or introduced by him therein.

http://www.placng.org/lawsofnigeria/node/145

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/imami/IMMUNITY%20MARIAM%20AND%20IMAM.pdf
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
dustydee: He said his name was removed because he paid bribe now the decision has been reversed what is he complaining about? I think the house took the right decision. He has nothing to fear if he is not guilty as the anti-corruption agencies will determine that and not the house-period.
His name has been spoilt because of their incompetence. Now he has to fight to redeem his image.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by NaMe4: 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femo, Abeg adjust am to 2 trillion.
Yes! You have good support.

Just imagine the level of extortion these rogues have been carrying out using legislative powers.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by NaMe4: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
KokoBeware:

Of course he has worked VERY hard to build his buisness, he made use of the opportunity given to him...
So u are saying the fact that he used the opportunity given to him is enof reason for Farouk to share in his wealth

Am definately begining to love this Otedola guy....

I say I dey feeeelll the guy!
Ote...baba carry go. You too much joor!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
prodam: my opinion might not be regarded or may be seen as that from one who abets corruption but it belongs to me. it goes thus:

dude, what rubbish are you saying?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
egift: Femi Otedola is beginning to show his true colours.

1. He was ready to offer $3m to remove his name from the list
2. Now he wants to be paid N1 trillion because we want to ask him "how much of the subsidy money he stole".

Who knows what this cabal have stolen from us since 1999 - 2012?
He offered the money to trap FAR-CROOK. His name was on the list because he refused to pay. This whole Cabal stuff looks a scam to me. I believe Otedola when he says no one can pick money from CBN and not do the job. I hope SLS and his cohorts can really tell us what happened to the so called subsidy money.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Tisa: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2012
@pro01 - Again I would ask: how could Lawan be so FOOLISH to blackmail someone as influential as Femi Otedola, let alone when Otedola is not even among the beneficiaries of subsidy funds? I can't imagine that someone with Lawan's experience in high level politics - being the longest serving House of Reps Member - can be so foolish. Pure suicide on his part

My take is there is no smoke without fire. All we are seeing playing out today is Dog eat Dog situation. I think we shd just grab our seats (the masses), get our selves good refreshment and watch how this is going to play out. I believe all the tormentors of the citizens of this country are about to be judged.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
So farouk lawan has actually makes femi otedola a saint. SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malabu Scandal: House Of Representative To Summon Goodluck Jonathan / You Can’t Be Broke With 15 Govs, 44 Senators, PDP Staff Tell Party / Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.