Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn (20396 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
tigerleggs: Among Legislooters, Facrook and Otedollar. Who be the thief naa. I'm now confused.

Abi ooooo! Abeg help me ask o. The thing dey confuse me sef
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by 0k2NVme: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
I know of one former legislator who owns three aircrafts.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Skoopy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Smart guy(Otedola), you acqually followed my earlier advice.
Go reap them of some cash...you can as well increase the charges as follows
1) defamation of character/slanda
2) libel
3) contempt
4) blackmail
5) other Damages inflicted on but not limited to Zenox petoleum.
U got my back.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by greaterlove(m): 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
lateef4me: Which is why I am glad the House made it clear yesterday that the probe results remain valid, and reaffirmed their call for the executive to implement the recommendations.

How is the probe result valid when principals members of the committee has been indicted ? Funny how people think sha !
Thank you, how will the result of the probe be valid now when the integrity of the principal members are in question? I keep asking is otedola the only marketer that was approached for a bride? Are there not marketers other marketers who settled and their names where removed from the list? Its really painful that this is happening, we waste so much money probing only to throw it away with one foolish act. Accept it or not that report is now useless and if the house is wise they should ( I am being careful not to say set up another committee) look into the report all over again cos any marketer can say his name is there because he didn't offer bride.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by afechosen(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
HUNGER GAMES!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by dustydee: 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
werepeLeri:

English language seems to be your problem. His company name was inserted because he first refused to give 3m$ bribe - after the sting operation, and having given $620k to Lawan and friends, Lawan came openly on the floor of the house asking that Zenon and the other company be removed.
Really? You must have information I do not have. Maybe you work for Otedola and have first hand information that he was not involved in any fraudulent activity. I will wait for the investigations to be concluded to be sure.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 17, 2012
Mm
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by OneNaira6: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2012
There is no honor among thieves.
Thieves fight thieves. Interesting scenario
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by question(m): 1:02am On Jun 17, 2012
uceee: ACTION FILM
its more of Comedy film. Hope it does not turn to Tragedy.

This businessman, Otedola wan hammer N1trillion after investing $620k 3 months ago. Hmmmm.... business idea.
I like his style, 'attack is the best form of defense'. He is smarter that all the Honorable d1ckheads put together.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by TopAnalyst(m): 1:21am On Jun 17, 2012
Who says Femi Otedola is a saint?
I disagree because he is a business crook and has done more damage to Nigerians and our financial system than Farouk Lawan.
The following will make an interesting read for anyone who's interested in knowing his antecedents....

How Femi Otedola Milked African Petroleum (AP)-Clement Aviomoh
http://saharareporters.com/press-release/how-femi-otedola-milked-african-petroleum-ap-clement-aviomoh

Femi Otedola’s Financial Woes And Culture Of Default
https://www.nairaland.com/657851/femi-otedola-financial-woes-culture

Femi Otedola debt mess; Banks threaten to take over properties
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/51977/1/femi-otedola-debt-mess-banks-threaten-to-take-over.html

How Femi Otedola’s 36Billion Debt Wrecked UBA….Investors Groan
http://themetronewsng.com/how-femi-otedolas-36billion-debt-wrecked-uba-investors-groan/
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by TopAnalyst(m): 1:24am On Jun 17, 2012

Billionaire Nigeria businessman, Femi Otedola is currently battling five Banks over his huge debt profile , as they have threatened to seize some of his choice properties used as collaterals, if payment arrangement is not guaranteed within the shortest possible time, pointblanknews.com has learnt.

Otedola owes Zenith Bank N68 Billion, GTBank, 31 Billion Naira, First City Monument Bank, FCMB, 19 Billion Naira, Access Bank N15.526 Billion Naira and UBA N36.862 Billion.

The total debt of Mr. Otedola, the chairman of Zenon Oil is estimated to be about 168 Billion Naira (Over 1 billion US dollars) as at December 2010. The total asset used as security for the debt is said to be worth about N70 billion.

Shares used by Otedola as collaterals for his various loans are: 1.441 Billion Units of Zenith Bank shares 24.813 million Units of MRS Oil 14.163 million Shares of Mobil Oil 159.395 million shares units of AP (African Petroleum) Plc 67.053 million shares unit of AP PLC 1.775 million shares units of MRS Oil 36.4 million shares of AP PLC.

Properties used are: 5, Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Zenon Place, 13, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Zenon Apartment, 12, Temple Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Zenon Court, 3B, Agodogba Avenue, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Zenon Jetty, 13, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Zenon Diesel Direct Station, 104/106, Apapa, Oshodi Expressway, Lagos, Zenon Diesel Direct Station, Ijesha, Lagos and Zenon Lofts.

Others are: 175,Sani Abacha Way, GRA, Phase II, Port Harcourt, Zenon Gardens, 872, Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island, 8A, Ogalade Close, Victoria Island, Lagos, Blue Waterfront Scheme, Lekki, Lagos, Plot 9, Block 80, Off Emma Abimbola Cole, Lekki, Lagos, 23, Mekunwen Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Plot 100, Obudu Street, Off Aso Drive, Asokoro, Abuja, Zenon Petroleum Terminal I, Ibafon, Apapa, Lagos, Zenon Petroleum Terminal II, Ibafon, Apapa, Lagos, 18, Ladipo Oluwole Street, Apapa, Lagos, Plot C21, Industrial Road, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos, 1, Madiana Close, Wuse II, Abuja, Zenon Towers, 1, Cooper Raod, Ikoyi, Lagos and Zenon House, 2 Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Various sources at the five banks told Pointblanknews.com that the management of the Banks are now fed up with tactics implored by Otedola to deny the banks of the loans he obtained to boost his business empire.

Otedola'a group had headed to a court claiming that the five banks have over inflated the debt he owe, alleging that some of the deductions made by the banks are fraudulent.

But the Banks dismissed his allegation insisting that his properties in highbrow areas in Abuja, Victoria Island, Port Harcourt, Ikoyi and other major towns in Nigeria would soon be seized except the former Billionaire and son of former Lagos State Governor has a concrete plan to pay back all loans.......

SOURCE: http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/51977/1/femi-otedola-debt-mess-banks-threaten-to-take-over.html
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by krysto(m): 5:16am On Jun 17, 2012
Farouk dissapointed me big time, where is the integrity group? Farouk used to be the only law maker I respected then. But now I know better - they all partners in crime.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by everlicious: 7:46am On Jun 17, 2012
Why did otedola go to the sss instead of the nigerian police. Was his accussations officialy documented?if he went to his friends in sss without a documented official complaint then we should be ready for a long legal battle. Oh Lawan! Start thinking!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Xfactoria: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2012
TopAnalyst: Who says Femi Otedola is a saint?
I disagree because he is a business crook and has done more damage to Nigerians and our financial system than Farouk Lawan.
The following will make an interesting read for anyone who's interested in knowing his antecedents....

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/how-femi-otedola-milked-african-petroleum-ap-clement-aviomoh

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/51977/1/femi-otedola-debt-mess-banks-threaten-to-take-over.html

http://themetronewsng.com/how-femi-otedolas-36billion-debt-wrecked-uba-investors-groan/

Bros, how does owing a bank make one a crook? Or constitute damage to the financial system in the country?

FYI, I work in one of the banks d guy is owing and we have not pressed any criminal charge against him. Owing a bank is also not a crime. Otedola and the bank are in dispute over the actual sum owed and he has not said he won't pay or denied owing. It is still within the tenets of legitimate business to owe.

And somebody posted earlier that OBJ gave Otedola, Dangote and all some business advantages. I'm asking that fellow, that is a global phenomenon. Go see what is happening in China, the US and the West. Businessmen fund political prospects in exchange for favourable business incentives. That does not make him a crook.

I know of how Otedola's Zenon muscled out the small players in the Diesel business but that's business! It doesn't make him a crook.

People should remove sentiments and let's deal with this house of corruption. It wasn't Otedola who embezzles funds meant for Aviation industry safety, or funds meant for building roads, or funds meant for primary healthcare or funds meant for funding Education.

Let's face the Id1ots stealing us blind abeg!!!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2012
TopAnalyst: Femi Otedola debt mess; Banks threaten to take over properties

Billionaire Nigeria businessman, Femi Otedola is currently battling five Banks over his huge debt profile , as they have threatened to seize some of his choice properties used as collaterals, if payment arrangement is not guaranteed within the shortest possible time, pointblanknews.com has learnt.

Otedola owes Zenith Bank N68 Billion, GTBank, 31 Billion Naira, First City Monument Bank, FCMB, 19 Billion Naira, Access Bank N15.526 Billion Naira and UBA N36.862 Billion.

The total debt of Mr. Otedola, the chairman of Zenon Oil is estimated to be about 168 Billion Naira (Over 1 billion US dollars) as at December 2010. The total asset used as security for the debt is said to be worth about N70 billion.

Shares used by Otedola as collaterals for his various loans are: 1.441 Billion Units of Zenith Bank shares 24.813 million Units of MRS Oil 14.163 million Shares of Mobil Oil 159.395 million shares units of AP (African Petroleum) Plc 67.053 million shares unit of AP PLC 1.775 million shares units of MRS Oil 36.4 million shares of AP PLC.

Properties used are: 5, Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Zenon Place, 13, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Zenon Apartment, 12, Temple Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Zenon Court, 3B, Agodogba Avenue, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Zenon Jetty, 13, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Zenon Diesel Direct Station, 104/106, Apapa, Oshodi Expressway, Lagos, Zenon Diesel Direct Station, Ijesha, Lagos and Zenon Lofts.

Others are: 175,Sani Abacha Way, GRA, Phase II, Port Harcourt, Zenon Gardens, 872, Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island, 8A, Ogalade Close, Victoria Island, Lagos, Blue Waterfront Scheme, Lekki, Lagos, Plot 9, Block 80, Off Emma Abimbola Cole, Lekki, Lagos, 23, Mekunwen Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Plot 100, Obudu Street, Off Aso Drive, Asokoro, Abuja, Zenon Petroleum Terminal I, Ibafon, Apapa, Lagos, Zenon Petroleum Terminal II, Ibafon, Apapa, Lagos, 18, Ladipo Oluwole Street, Apapa, Lagos, Plot C21, Industrial Road, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos, 1, Madiana Close, Wuse II, Abuja, Zenon Towers, 1, Cooper Raod, Ikoyi, Lagos and Zenon House, 2 Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Various sources at the five banks told Pointblanknews.com that the management of the Banks are now fed up with tactics implored by Otedola to deny the banks of the loans he obtained to boost his business empire.

Otedola'a group had headed to a court claiming that the five banks have over inflated the debt he owe, alleging that some of the deductions made by the banks are fraudulent.

But the Banks dismissed his allegation insisting that his properties in highbrow areas in Abuja, Victoria Island, Port Harcourt, Ikoyi and other major towns in Nigeria would soon be seized except the former Billionaire and son of former Lagos State Governor has a concrete plan to pay back all loans.......

SOURCE: http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/51977/1/femi-otedola-debt-mess-banks-threaten-to-take-over.html

Clap for yourself for the award of the most stup!d Nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by ysg4real(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Abeg FAR-CROOK is the CROOK by FAR.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by TopAnalyst(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2012
Billyonaire: Clap for yourself for the award of the most stup!d Nairalander.

See the reason why you'll remain a "Billyonaire" for the rest of your life because you lick the ass of "Billionaires". MO-FO grin grin grin
Read between the lines and see the reason why many bankers indirectly lost their jobs because of the activities of "bank thieves" like Otedola who helped cripple our financial system.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by carover: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2012
Question: If Otedola has a case and wins in court? Whose N1trn will be used to settle the bill? And will someone recommend courses to teach our legislators how to make appropriate comments in their "honourable" capacities?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by greaterlove(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2012

guy please owing a bank does not make a man corrupt, almost every buisnessman is owing a bank or some banks so that is not news. as long as this case is concerned with what is before nigerians now otedola is the hero, he is the actor in this action film, we dont care if he slept with a mad woman to get his money or duped a white man, it is not relevant to this case.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by greaterlove(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2012

guy please owing a bank does not make a man corrupt, almost every buisnessman is owing a bank or some banks so that is not news. as long as this case is concerned with what is before nigerians now otedola is the hero, he is the actor in this action film, we dont care if he slept with a mad woman to get his money or duped a white man, it is not relevant to this case.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Ilekokonit: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
If people at my level who have worked hard to build their businesses can be blackmailed this way all in a bid to extort money from them, I pity people that are just starting out in business in this country"

The above statement by Otedola is telling. The common man stands very little chance of successfully starting a profitable business in this our lawless country.

Otedola is being extorted by our lawmakers whilst the common man is being extorted by PHCN, KAI and local government officials all in the name of exhorbitant bills, trading licences and permits.

Before you start the business and get it off the ground, you are incurring so much unnecessary and unjust losses/expenses that to even break even is a battle in itself.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Beaf:

If I understand you correctly, you are simply praying that the house of rep should never be called to account because you hate GEJ. Thats a very strange place to be, bro.

The house is a den of criminality and a weapon against the interests of the citizen on the street. Coated voices like yours deceived the people that Farouk was their hero, now the truth has blown open, you should be hiding in shame.

The house of rep members deserve to be tracked down and those found guilty, and if possible, lined up against a wall and summarily shot.
then leave GEJ and his cohorts that defrauded this country to the tune of 1.7 trillion naira, right?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2012
greateros:

This coming from beaf? Interesting undecided undecided

remember your comment when buhari made similar remark? I guess now you have joined the band of "blood suckers"

I wish he can talk like this about SLS and Co. As it stands now SLS is suppose to release a list of those who actually took FOREX from CBN without working and submit their names to the appropriate authorities to investigate and prosecute. Instead we are treated to NOLLYWOOD CINEMA without Popcorn or even common coke.
I still wonder what will happen to those who actually bribed and got their names off. The House Of CROOKS is not interested in that. It is only Otedola they want.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by N101: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2012
Aigbofa:
What bribe? Can't you read? If you think Otedola is a crook, all you have to do is provide a watertight evidence agaist him, the same way he is doing agaist Farouk. Besides, this is not about AP.

Forget AP, of course Otedola's hands are [url="http://saharareporters.com/press-release/how-femi-otedola-milked-african-petroleum-ap-clement-aviomoh"]totally clean[/url]!

naijaking1:
Confusion or illitracy no dey good-o! Whose money he used to pay the bribe? Have you not heared that the police or SSS gave him some marked dollar bills.
I predicted Otedola's response, and justifiably so. He's a patriot who reported a bribery demand, and for the house to get angry at him for exposing one of their own, and infact Tambuwal's house of corruption is a typical Nigerian reaction.

You're right, silly me, he got the money to bribe from the SSS - they have that kind of money floating around, impressive. Who would have thought... tongue

At least I'm not so blinded by Odetola's so-called "patriotism" any more than Farouk Lawan's folly for accepting the bribe. Both, as far as I'm concerned, are no different to the other . Who approached who again? Oh yes it was Otedola approaching Lawan (with the support of the SSS). I wonder how many of these "transactions" have already gone on and we don't know, yet we're get excited over this one - big deal.

Nigerians are so easily distracted.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
N101:

Forget AP, of course Otedola's hands are [url="http://saharareporters.com/press-release/how-femi-otedola-milked-african-petroleum-ap-clement-aviomoh"]totally clean[/url]!

You're right, silly me, he got the money to bribe from the SSS - they have that kind of money floating around, impressive. Who would have thought... tongue

At least I'm not so blinded by Odetola's so-called "patriotism" any more than Farouk Lawan's folly for accepting the bribe. Both, as far as I'm concerned, are no different to the other . Who approached who again? Oh yes it was Otedola approaching Lawan (with the support of the SSS). I wonder how many of these "transactions" have already gone on and we don't know, yet we're get excited over this one - big deal.

Nigerians are so easily distracted.

Thanks for rising above parochial interests unlike some of the paid hirelings on NL.

Interesting to note that Otedola has now taken to the print media rather than the courts to argue his case, in contrast to what the title of this thread implies grin

To those who still think Zenon had no involvement in the importation of PMS (in 2010), please pay close attention the following advertorial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" / IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.