Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn (20395 Views)

IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Pls there is no proof that there is anything like subsidy Cabal. This incident even shows it. How can billions leave the central bank unaccounted for and talk of people owning Oil blocks. Don't attribute any praise to GEJ and co here. There is no proof of Cabals here, if there are SLS must have at least some real names.

You will continue to remain blind and be easy fodder to be used. I'm sure you were among those who were fooled by the house of rep and screamed from the rooftops that Tambuwal was a great guy, after unthinkingly rushing out on pro-subsidy riots that were against your interest and in the interest of the cabal. Well, you should be hailing Lawan now, cos he fooled you too.

If you cannot understand the high stakes that make current politics is so bitter and you are unwilling to learn, what can I do? Why do you think for instance that anyone would be so desperate as to apply boko haram as a political tool? Your mind is your own enemy, bro.
I do not enjoy having arguments with people who only provide weak responses with no basis. Again, here is the definition of the cabal and those who hold Nigeria by the balls:

Let me remind NL that the cabal are those who got their oil blocks from IBB, Abacha (and Buhari), and Abdulsalam. These people (less than 100) make more money per year than the entire Niger Delta, yet are surrounded by almajiri's and extending their proboscis across Nigeria to suck the blood out of the man in the street. For the country to be free, the grip of their tentacles has to be calmly loosened - their influence is everywhere; police, army, customs, govt, NASS...

If hailing GEJ over this matter pains you, I can only offer bandages and panadol. Who controls the SSS? Who do you think would have okayed the the vast sum of $620,000.00 to be released?
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
dani1luv: [size=13pt]Thief!! see him mouth like 1 trillion angry[/size]
He can sue but it will be thrown out. And he might end up paying court fees at the end. So technically the 1 trillion na joke. Nigerians cannot sue the institution that makes the laws, successfully.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

You will continue to remain blind and be easy fodder to be used. I'm sure you were among those who were fooled by the house of rep and screamed from the rooftops that Tambuwal was a great guy, after unthinkingly rushing out on pro-subsidy riots that were against your interest and in the interest of the cabal. Well, you should be hailing Lawan now, cos he fooled you too.

If you cannot understand the high stakes that make current politics is so bitter and you are unwilling to learn, what can I do? Why do you think for instance that anyone would be so desperate as to apply boko haram as a political tool? Your mind is your own enemy, bro.
I do not enjoy having arguments with people who only provide weak responses with no basis. Again, here is the definition of the cabal and those who hold Nigeria by the balls:

If hailing GEJ over this matter pains you, I can only offer bandages and panadol. Who controls the SSS? Who do you think would have okayed the the vast sum of $620,000.00 to be released?
beaf abi pomo abi wetin dem call you sef. Please dont provoke me more tham you have already done. Trying to exonerate your paymaster(gej) is like playing on the intelligence of 168 million nigerians. Tell me any action that you jonadumb has done to fight corruption, just one.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2012
And dis film continue to produce more suspense, but d end is already know always like yoruba film, nothing gud is gonna cum out of dis.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by naptu2: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

But he is not suing a member, he is suing the institution of the house of rep. I'm not a legal mind, so I might be mistaken, but it seems there is a difference. Can you throw more light? Thanks.

This case is not really about the money. It's about things that will be revealed if the case goes to trial. Therefore, the house will try to prevent a trial by raising objections (in the preliminary stages) based on the principles of separation of power and parliamentary immunity (that's when the judge will have to answer that question; is there a difference?). Will their objections succeed?

(I hope/pray that it goes to trial, but I'm not optimistic).

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

Ur remark is simply made of false accusations and abuse. From the first day, I always believed the whole subsidy issue is all a scam. How then will I believe in Tambuwal and FAR-CROOK? I am simply saying no cabal have been exposed, only more light there is a possibility of the story of cabals misappropriating funds being a lie.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Ozonna(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
alpontif: People do not become billionaires by being idiots. Femi is very smart, farouk underestimated him.

Best quote of the day "People do not become billionaires by being idiots". Meanwhile, if I'm opportuned to meet Otedola I'll buy a jar of unadulterated palmwine and 3 plates of Isi ewu.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ozonna:

Best quote of the day "People do not become billionaires by being idiots". Meanwhile, if I'm opportuned to meet Otedola I'll buy a jar of unadulterated palmwine and 3 plates of Isi ewu.

i will add 2 to it to make it 5.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Seunzz(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
alpontif: People do not become billionaires by being idiots. Femi is very smart, farouk underestimated him.

THIS IS THE MOST SENSIBLE COMMENT I'VE READ SO FAR HERE, REGARDING THIS SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ibanga p: Episode 5, wen is d next episode showin?
probably next week tuesday

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Seunzz(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2012
dabigwalls: Warnings for future House of Reps Members:

1) Never visit Otedola, it is a journey of no return.
2) Where unavoidable, go along with your BB, ping Otedola, do not talk.
3) Never wear any form of head cover/cap: prevention is better than cure.
4) Do not feast at his table - food ingested strips you of any rememberance of anything "integrity" related.
5) Otedola will never ever dash you $500,000 - who are you? He sold diesel from a drum once.
6) You will go down if you insist beyond first resistance from him to "drop".
7) Read lessons 1-6 again.
cool Memorize them.
9) Where you flout any of the rules, prepare to deny, accept, deny again, and finally confess.
10)Prepare for judiciary's cash/cut in the event that the devil entered you and you failed to heed these warnings.

Niceeee
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
lookmangiw:
beaf abi pomo abi wetin dem call you sef. Please dont provoke me more tham you have already done. Trying to exonerate your paymaster(gej) is like playing on the [b]intelligence [/b]of 168 million nigerians. Tell me any action that you jonadumb has done to fight corruption, just one.

Dude, speak for yourself. Your intelligence has already been played on by Tambuwal, Lawan etc and found missing.
If you think the SSS can just wake up and dole out $620,000.00 without executive oversight, then you are only confirming the curious case of your missing intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
naptu2:

This case is not really about the money. It's about things that will be revealed if the case goes to trial. Therefore, the house will try to prevent a trial by raising objections (in the preliminary stages) based on the principles of separation of power and parliamentary immunity (that's when the judge will have to answer that question; is there a difference?). Will their objections succeed?

(I hope/pray that it goes to trial, but I'm not optimistic).

I see where you are coming from now. It might be possible to get some sort of indirect grip on them through the various investigations so far that have found the $620,000.00 to be incomplete (traced to who? I wonder) and a further unmarked $10,000.00 in Lawans home overnight; there is also the case of the phone logs etc. Could these not be used as some sort of fulcrum to prove that the events of yesterday in the house were fuelled by corruption?

I'm guessing you are a solid legal mind from your posts on various NL issues. So please, bro; it would be really nice of you to help us laymen to understand and fill in the gaps. Much appreciated.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
Incredible country. Now we all have forgotten president jonathan said boko haram will end by june. Beautiful distractions- sec dg aruma oteh, nse dg ndidi, dana crash, etc, beware of the ides of june! If Nigeria's history were to be written in a book, i swear it would be a nice tragic-comedy bestseller!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by jamace(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Femi Otedola claimed he was selling fuel in DRUMS some 14 years ago to make ends meet. Today, he is a multi-billionaire simply by joining our looting leaders. Na wa o! shocked
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Ibman: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
All these are distractions, so at the end they will say the subsidy report lacks credibility...... And then it will be swept under the carpet.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
valacious: Incredible country. Now we all have forgotten president jonathan said boko haram will end by june. Beautiful distractions- sec dg aruma oteh, nse dg ndidi, dana crash, etc, beware of the ides of june! If Nigeria's history were to be written in a book, i swear it would be a nice tragic-comedy bestseller!
true talk. They have achieved the upmost desires i.e cause distractions among the people. Nobody is asking about this dullard's performance. Na probe this, probe that, bribe this and bribe that. Allegations and counter allegations. Nigeria i tire o.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lookmangiw(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ibman: All these are distractions, so at the end they will say the subsidy report lacks credibility...... And then it will be swept under the carpet.
exactly, that will be end result.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
Ibman: All these are distractions, so at the end they will say the subsidy report lacks credibility...... And then it will be swept under the carpet.

Which is why I am glad the House made it clear yesterday that the probe results remain valid, and reaffirmed their call for the executive to implement the recommendations.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Beaf: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
lookmangiw:
true talk. They have achieved the upmost desires i.e cause distractions among the people. Nobody is asking about this dullard's performance. Na probe this, probe that, bribe this and bribe that. Allegations and counter allegations. Nigeria i tire o.

If I understand you correctly, you are simply praying that the house of rep should never be called to account because you hate GEJ. Thats a very strange place to be, bro.

The house is a den of criminality and a weapon against the interests of the citizen on the street. Coated voices like yours deceived the people that Farouk was their hero, now the truth has blown open, you should be hiding in shame.

The house of rep members deserve to be tracked down and those found guilty, and if possible, lined up against a wall and summarily shot.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by hoyehdiran: 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
dabigwalls: Warnings for future House of Reps Members:

1) Never visit Otedola, it is a journey of no return.
2) Where unavoidable, go along with your BB, ping Otedola, do not talk.
3) Never wear any form of head cover/cap: prevention is better than cure.
4) Do not feast at his table - food ingested strips you of any rememberance of anything "integrity" related.
5) Otedola will never ever dash you $500,000 - who are you? He sold diesel from a drum once.
6) You will go down if you insist beyond first resistance from him to "drop".
7) Read lessons 1-6 again.
cool Memorize them.
9) Where you flout any of the rules, prepare to deny, accept, deny again, and finally confess.
10)Prepare for judiciary's cash/cut in the event that the devil entered you and you failed to heed these warnings.
Well said...hilarious
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Challas(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.....FEMI IS A SOUND AND SMART BUSINESSMAN!!!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by hbrednic: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
keep your heads up,dont let them coward you.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by Challas(m): 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, speak for yourself. Your intelligence has already been played on by Tambuwal, Lawan etc and found missing.
If you think the SSS can just wake up and dole out $620,000.00 without executive oversight, then you are only confirming the curious case of your missing intelligence.
i beg to disagree,their huge budgdet is always sacred.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by 1025: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
pls can anyone help me here, i want to sue aso rock for N9.7tr.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by oladayo042: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
1trn no be small money ooooo!
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
$hit. This intrigue just gets more interesting. Fellow Nigerians had better fast and pray that those subsidy scammers don't get away with their ills. The HOA needs sweeping.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by ikpom55: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
So who will pay for the 1 trn naira if the court rules in Otedola's favour? Who will pay for the lawyers that will be defending the house of reps? We are not asking those questions now.It is the nigerian public that will still loose. They have finished stealing our monies and will now start using it to settle court cases. This is really a banana republic.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by greaterlove(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Donxavier: . My brother forget the advantages of having a God father. It still takes street smartness to be a billionaire no matter how you got the billions. Also no one can be lazy in the real sense of it and become a billionaire. It's one thing to have the opportunity, it's another thing to use it. Even for guys that were born into it without having to 'work hard' for it if you aren't street smart you won't be able to preserve it and it will be squandered away, meaning the next generation won't be bequeathed with anything.

I really agree, if u don't have it u don't have it no matter the amount of help you get. It still amazes me why people want to rope in the president into this, you might not like him but atleast let's not be blinded by hate. Farouk on his own went to otedola, otedola did not go to him, farouk removed zenon from the list after the first payment, farouk denied ever collecting a bribe, farouk refused to returned the marked bills cos trust me he would have spent some if not most and returning it might disprove his argument that he collected the money to expose otedola. Even if otedola has done some illegal deals in the past, even if obasanjo has given his buisness an enabling environment to strive aslong as this case is concerned so far with what has been revealed he is to be praised for his bravery and intelligence. The house decision yesterday shows how short sighted they are, always in a hurry to take decisions with carefully examining the facts and doing proper research. What will it take them to get the companies that collected forex for pms from the cbn? Wat are they really using the money meant for oversight functions for? And if I may ask is zenon the only company farouk requested money from to cover their tracks? Instead of pointing at the executive let the house first look inward.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by lateef4me(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
Which is why I am glad the House made it clear yesterday that the probe results remain valid, and reaffirmed their call for the executive to implement the recommendations.

How is the probe result valid when principals members of the committee has been indicted ? Funny how people think sha !
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by IYANGBALI: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Richtalk: Otedola has finished these foolish legislators. They are just too lazy to do their job and full of sentiments. Just because one of them was caught, they want to transfer the anger to the executive arm. If the executive was involved in exposing their corruption, then that calls for commmendation.

Point number one, Otedola said Farouk demanded money from him to include his name among those that collected forex without importing PMS. What the legislators needed to do first was to investigate and see if Zenon actually collected the forex.

Second point: The house should have verify the exact figures before putting it back in the report.

Third point:The house should have ordered a fresh probe of the two companies earlier in the list to acertain the true level of their participation in the fuel subsidy. But the foolish legislators were too lazy, and just quickly put back the company without even verifying the figures.

Fourth point :For Otedola to report the bribe to SSS after knowing that his company will be removed list shows that he is confident that his company's name was not even suppose to be on the list, and I believe he has enough proof.

Fifth point:The best thing for the legislators to do yesterday was to order a fresh probe of fuel subsidy by an independent body. Though this might be very painful for Nigerians, but the best.Anything that comes out of tje former report will still be challenged in court by the marketers because it lacks credibility.

Finally, these so called legislators should bury their head in shame because they have rubbished themselves. They should stop attacking the excutive because corruption within them was exposed. The way things are going the whole legsitors will be label incompetent and their leadership might be forced to step down.So their votes of confidence on the leadership will be rubished.
Otedola is the Hero here. As far their is no proof of corruption against him, he remains innocent and the victor.
God bles you for these contributions.If you are not married pls come and marry my grandmother free of charge.
Re: Femi Otedola, Sue The House Of Reps For N1trn by uceee(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
ACTION FILM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Soludo And Emefiele At Africa Finance Summit (Photos) / Northern Elders Forum Knocks Senate Over Move To Review 1999 Constitution / Northern Group Backs 2023 Igbo Presidency, Charges Parties On Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.