Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? (7014 Views)

Why Do Christians Hate Seeing Muslim Girls In Hijab? / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
This has been an issue bothering me for some time but time and choice of words has been a major obstacle on how to tender it on this forum....

We muslims respect all other religions before the coming of the prophet(christianity included) but under no circumstance will you find a muslim insulting prophet Isa (A.S.W) known as Jesus.

It is certain that islam is the religion of peace but for some extremist activities mixed with loads of political propaganda, Islam in Nigeria has been changed and generalized to be otherwise. This is when you ask your self, why has there not been any concrete esposure of the so called boko haram even when the president confirmed he knows then? By the way, why didn't anyone tag millitancy as a christian insurgency even when they continually crippled the productivity of the nation by blowing up pipelins at will?......please ask ur self nd reason deep.

Meanwhile, the disrespect on our Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W) displayed by a lot of christains is enough to provoke a religious war at all times. Some metally derailed folks don't even knw that God means Allah(in arabi)....but go on to commit all level of blasphemy.

When I was in school, in a brief arguement for change, an igbo guy looked onto an Uztaz(islamic school student) and said to him, "even your prophet Mohammed(S.A.W) can't come and collect dis money from me. To be honest the guy left nd came back some minutes later, burnt down the guys shop and nothing followed....who's at a lose?

Take for instance the death of the crown prince of Saudi-Arabia...that is the number one islamic nation through which the methods nd rules of Worshiping Allah came unto us. Why would some peeps challanged muslims for a simple condolence? Somebody was even complaining about a certain interuption of program on a Free-to-air station....upgrade you broke status nd intall a dstv for crying out loud.

The level and manner to which blind sentiment is displayed is getting too much and I seriously want all of you to reason on this and stop the insult cos even within your religious (chriatianity)perimeter, you have false men of God whom are esposed on the regular but you won't find a muslim attributing it to Jesus in anyway.

Please caution yourself and limit the hate,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2012
Why are you here? Don't you have your own section? We don't want islamists opening threads in here. Besides, have you heard of Boko Haram? They are not exactly a christian loving "group".

Go back to your section, please. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why are you here? Don't you have your own section? We don't want islamists opening threads in here.

Its a religious section and so all forms of religion can come on board....

Am not in the mood cos the above topic is serious and has got me worried so for that, I'll let u be....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by 2good(m): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2012
Have not been hearing the news of church bombing and shootings by Boko Haram? That is enough for people to start to hate Islam and its components.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2012
All forms of religions and schools of thought but with the exception of islam. You were the ones who broke off from this section without anyone forcing you to, so you are not entitled to post in here.
al-ahamad:

Its a religious section and so all forms of religion can come on board....

Am not in the mood cos the above topic is serious and has got me worried so for that, I'll let u be....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2012
The question should be the other way around:

why do muslims hate Christians
why do muslims hate Buddhists
why do muslims hate peace
why do muslims hate other creatures of God who don't worship their god

be honest and sincere cos the evidence abound for u to see.

as for me, i love u and every creatures of God irrespective of religious belief.
let us learn to love as God commanded us instead of hating and killing as muslims do.
God in his infinite wisdom commanded us all that the greatest commanded of all is 1. to love God with all our heart and with all our souls.
and 2. to love our neighbors the way we love ourselves.

if we obey these two commandment from God almighty himself and not some self serving commandment of hate and political selfishness handed down to us blindly by some selfish and derailed prophets or so-called men of god and religious leaders.

let us all think on what God himself want from us.
let us stop the hates
let us live an exemplary life devoid of hate.
let us stop the killings and hatred in the name of god.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2012
al-ahamad:
[color=#000099][/color]
This has been an issue bothering me for some time but time and choice of words has been a major obstacle on how to tender it on this forum....

We muslims respect all other religions before the coming of the prophet(christianity included) but under no circumstance will you find a muslim insulting prophet Isa (A.S.W) known as Jesus.

It is certain that islam is the religion of peace but for some extremist activities mixed with loads of political propaganda, Islam in Nigeria has been changed and generalized to be otherwise. This is when you ask your self, why has there not been any concrete esposure of the so called boko haram even when the president confirmed he knows then? By the way, why didn't anyone tag millitancy as a christian insurgency even when they continually crippled the productivity of the nation by blowing up pipelins at will?......please ask ur self nd reason deep.

Meanwhile, the disrespect on our Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W) displayed by a lot of christains is enough to provoke a religious war at all times. Some metally derailed folks don't even knw that God means Allah(in arabi)....but go on to commit all level of blasphemy.

When I was in school, in a brief arguement for change, an igbo guy looked onto an Uztaz(islamic school student) and said to him, "even your prophet Mohammed(S.A.W) can't come and collect dis money from me. To be honest the guy left nd came back some minutes later, burnt down the guys shop and nothing followed....who's at a lose?

Take for instance the death of the crown prince of Saudi-Arabia...that is the number one islamic nation through which the methods nd rules of Worshiping Allah came unto us. Why would some peeps challanged muslims for a simple condolence? Somebody was even complaining about a certain interuption of program on a Free-to-air station....upgrade you broke status nd intall a dstv for crying out loud.

The level and manner to which blind sentiment is displayed is getting too much and I seriously want all of you to reason on this and stop the insult cos even within your religious (chriatianity)perimeter, you have false men of God whom are esposed on the regular but you won't find a muslim attributing it to Jesus in anyway.

is mohammed God that u must kill in his name
he was a mere human with a political movement using religious and sentiment just like we see in the world today. people like osama bin laden are no different from him.
the truth about mohammed have been suppressed from centuries by his followers.
talk about him and get killed.
i ak again is he God.
in his name and sake u guys have perpetrated the worst crimes and bloodshed ever known to man.
leave mohammed and face God

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2012
Jenwitemi: All forms of religions and schools of thought but with the exception of islam. You were the ones who broke off from this section without anyone forcing you to, so you are not entitled to post in here.

If it hurts you that I posted here.....bite me!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2012
rafhell:

is mohammed God that u must kill in his name
he was a mere human with a political movement using religious and sentiment just like we see in the world today. people like osama bin laden are no different from him.
the truth about mohammed have been suppressed from centuries by his followers.
talk about him and get killed.
i ak again is he God.
in his name and sake u guys have perpetrated the worst crimes and bloodshed ever known to man.
leave mohammed and face God

@rep-hell...
You are as confused as your write-up above and I guess my message above was intended at "haters" like you...

By the way, I'll school you a bit.
Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) is Not God and no creation is next to God. But he(Mohammad S.A.W) came to earth and showed us the way by bringing forth the holy book(Qur'an)...back in those days Islam was being supressed by Kafir and when it got too much, Muslims gathered and faught 'Jihad" which was a freedom fight for the propagation and spreading of islam...however, NOBODY kills in the name of the prophet...

I have broken it down to the simpless form ever and I hope you assimulate to a conclusive understanding....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by LagosShia: 10:14am On Jun 17, 2012
al-ahamad:

back in those days Islam was being supressed by Kafir and when it got too much, Muslims gathered and faught 'Jihad" which was a freedom fight for the propagation and spreading of islam...however, NOBODY kills in the name of the prophet...

brother,let me just make a quick point of correction.

the Prophet (sa) did not fight to propagate or spread Islam by force.that is actually a fundamental misunderstanding many influenced by wahhabism have.and also a big difference from what i as a Shia Muslim do not accept and the Quran makes it clear on that.it is from this misconception that groups either oriented or affiliated with the wahhabi aka salafist ideology exploit and claim to fight in the name of the religion or against the "unbelievers" and in that sense any unbeliever even if the unbeliever is not oppressive or offensive to Muslims and have not hurt or harmed the Muslims.had it been that the Muslims were not physically hurt and not oppressed or harmed,then the problem was not a matter of whether they can propagate or spread the religion or not.people are naturally curious and were increasingly coming into the fold of Islam.it was the pagans of the quraysh in arabia that felt threatened and used violence and terror.even at that,the Muslims under the leadership of the holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) did not fight back until permission to do so was given.the Muslims even left Makkah and migrated to Medinah.still,the pagans pursued them into Medinah trying to make life difficult for them and carrying out harmful attacks and allying with materialistic jewish tribes in and around Medinah who equally felt threatened at the sight of once feuding arabians uniting under one faith and under the leadership of one man,the Prophet of Allah (swt).

let us examine the first verse of the Quran revealed that permitted Muslims to go ahead to defend themselves and what the reason exactly was, giving them the right to fight defensively:

Holy Quran 22:39-40
"Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might".

let me also remind our christian friends that it was the christians of abyssinia that first gave refuge to the first ever batch of Muslims who migrated from Medinah to escape persecution and harm.even at that,the pagans also went to abyssinia with gifts to persuade the christian king of abyssinia to return the Muslims back to Makkah and not give them refuge.understanding the situation correctly,the abyssinian king refused to return the poor Muslims while he dismissed the case and rich gifts of the pagans,who were way richer and stronger than Muslims.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by LagosShia: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2012
rafhell: The question should be the other way around:

why do muslims hate Christians
why do muslims hate Buddhists
why do muslims hate peace
why do muslims hate other creatures of God who don't worship their god

be honest and sincere cos the evidence abound for u to see.

as for me, i love u and every creatures of God irrespective of religious belief.
let us learn to love as God commanded us instead of hating and killing as muslims do.
God in his infinite wisdom commanded us all that the greatest commanded of all is 1. to love God with all our heart and with all our souls.
and 2. to love our neighbors the way we love ourselves.

if we obey these two commandment from God almighty himself and not some self serving commandment of hate and political selfishness handed down to us blindly by some selfish and derailed prophets or so-called men of god and religious leaders.

let us all think on what God himself want from us.
let us stop the hates
let us live an exemplary life devoid of hate.
let us stop the killings and hatred in the name of god.

so do you love Islam? you keep preaching about love remember!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2012
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for the contribution but I know its not forced on anyone rather they faught to have it spread across to all those who embrace it at will but are afraid of the opposition....

I tried using simple lay-man phrases nd sentenses so the hater can get d simple basic concept of why Jihad occured

All the same thank you for the contribution.

LagosShia:

brother,let me just make a quick point of correction.

the Prophet (sa) did not fight to propagate or spread Islam by force.that is actually a fundamental misunderstanding many influenced by wahhabism have.and also a big difference from what i as a Shia Muslim do not accept and the Quran makes it clear on that.it is from this misconception that groups either oriented or affiliated with the wahhabi aka salafist ideology exploit and claim to fight in the name of the religion or against the "unbelievers" and in that sense any unbeliever even if the unbeliever is not oppressive or offensive to Muslims and have not hurt or harmed the Muslims.had it been that the Muslims were not physically hurt and not oppressed or harmed,then the problem was not a matter of whether they can propagate or spread the religion or not.people are naturally curious and were increasingly coming into the fold of Islam.it was the pagans of the quraysh in arabia that felt threatened and used violence and terror.even at that,the Muslims under the leadership of the holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) did not fight back until permission to do so was given.the Muslims even left Makkah and migrated to Medinah.still,the pagans pursued them into Medinah trying to make life difficult for them and carrying out harmful attacks and allying with materialistic jewish tribes in and around Medinah who equally felt threatened at the sight of once feuding arabians uniting under one faith and under the leadership of one man,the Prophet of Allah (swt).

let us examine the first verse of the Quran revealed that permitted Muslims to go ahead to defend themselves and what the reason exactly was, giving them the right to fight defensively:

Holy Quran 22:39-40
"Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might".

let me also remind our christian friends that it was the christians of abyssinia that first gave refuge to the first ever batch of Muslims who migrated from Medinah to escape persecution and harm.even at that,the pagans also went to abyssinia with gifts to persuade the christian king of abyssinia to return the Muslims back to Makkah and not give them refuge.understanding the situation correctly,the abyssinian king refused to return the poor Muslims while he dismissed the case and rich gifts of the pagans,who were way richer and stronger than Muslims.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by emofine2(f): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2012
I think this thread is best placed here for the fact that it’s addressing others or to be specific Nigerian Christians thoughts and feelings towards Islam...in fact “Nigerian Christians” are more relevant to the course of this discussion.

@OP I’m not a Nigerian Christian but I’m a Nigerian and I have Christian relatives and my family has been affected by certain elements in the country claiming Islam. I do not hate Islam nor do I love Islam for that matter but I most certainly hate that it appears that Islam or is it some Muslims cannot accommodate other beliefs and that at the slightest irritation to some Muslims there is often a life at stake.

Muslims respect all other religions before the coming of the prophet? and after?

By the way don’t you think it’s an insult or rather demeaning to Christians that you reduce (from their perspective) their Lord to a "prophet" on the same ranking as other men?

Is it not disrespectful to other faiths to render them all redundant by claiming the only “true” religion is Islam and there is no other god but the alleged one “true” god that is “Allah”?

Can anyone really respect that in which they don’t actually believe? Being quite polite about contrasting beliefs is not the same as "respect".

Seriously you wanna compare the politics of MEND to that of Boko Haram? Was religion at the heart of their insurgency?

But sincerely speaking, can an expansionist Monotheistic faith with a history of militancy be called a “religion of peace”? How is peace defined in Islam?

But is it ok to threaten the life of one that threatens the belief of another?

Allah is not in harmony with the personalities of the other “God(s)” so a Christian Arab calling “Allah” or another believer calling “God” are not invoking the personality of the authority governing Islam...I can’t believe you actually think there’s a parallel.

And as for blasphemy...Is it not blasphemous for a mere mortal to fight “God”’s supposed battles? You are well within your right to defend your belief but you don’t start an offensive when another’s beliefs or lack of and conduct does not register with or please(intentionally or unintentionally) Islam.

Is this supposed to be a testimony? Granted, what the guy said was disrespectful but don’t you think this is just another reason why some people are very wary of Islam? Most often than not even at the slightest provocation...there must be revenge.

Please caution yourself and limit the hate

Now this is the thing I cannot reconcile. Even in your biased write up you have cited some undesirable elements that claim to be Muslims yet you have not rebuked them. These people are a disservice to Islam and instead of cautioning those that are damaging Islam’s image you see fit to address those who have most likely been affected by the non “peace”ful activities of these miscreants. Muslims should be more concerned and confront those within their faith or claim to be of their faith that continually contradicts the slogan of their religion instead of scolding those that are left disillusioned by Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2012
Emofine2.....
Nice arguement I must say....but the question now is....would you attribute any misdeed of a selected few to the whole of Islam?
I presently live in a white neighborhood where finding a muslim is something you go a long way for but they do not allow any sentiment come into their judgemnt or way nd method of conversing or doing things with me....
I once went on a vacation to the UAE with my christian friends nd the reception given to us wherever we went was same and equal but for the case of Nigeria, it totally different...cos I did my NYSC in Enugu nd it was frustrating nd tense for me all thru....sure u knw what I mean....

For sure there are muslim extremists but should dat be the fault of Islam as a whole?

Bisalame
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by tpia5: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
Poster i dont think you should make a big deal out of it. Allow for differences in opinion, and if you feel the guy was being disrespectful to the late prince, just say so on the relevant thread and move on. Not everyone will see things your way, and given the nigerian context, you really should try to be a bit more patient when it comes to religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by mazaje(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2012
al-ahamad:
Emofine2.....
Nice arguement I must say....but the question now is....would you attribute any misdeed of a selected few to the whole of Islam?
I presently live in a white neighborhood where finding a muslim is something you go a long way for but they do not allow any sentiment come into their judgemnt or way nd method of conversing or doing things with me....
I once went on a vacation to the UAE with my christian friends nd the reception given to us wherever we went was same and equal but for the case of Nigeria, it totally different...cos I did my NYSC in Enugu nd it was frustrating nd tense for me all thru....sure u knw what I mean....

For sure there are muslim extremists but should dat be the fault of Islam as a whole?

Bisalame

The reason why people dislike islam is because muslims are presently the only group of people that believe in killing infidels as a religious duty. Have a look at the video of BH and other islamic terrorist groups, they start by reading from the koran and they let evey body know that they are killing and destroying the believers as a religious duty. . .They will read passages from the koran to back up their actions. . .Don't even talk abut christains hating on muslms because muslims hate on christians more than christians hate on muslims. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Areaboy2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why are you here? Don't you have your own section? We don't want islamists opening threads in here. Besides, have you heard of Boko Haram? They are not exactly a christian loving "group".

Go back to your section, please. Thank you.

Comments like those confirms the posters query.

ask yourself what will Jesus do? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by spikesC(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2012
i am truelly ashamed by the way people treat other people just because of their differience in beliefs. This is just a simple matter, respect one's belief and keep hold onto yours.
Certainly said, the muslims retarliate to any opposition who seems like a threat or even insult to there deity which will be taken as an opposite to there preaching of peace. People can also misunderstand there religious teachings, but what i believe is that everyone should respect each other's beliefs, this is what they're taught from infancy and you should not expect them to deviate from it easily.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by emofine2(f): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
al-ahamad:
Emofine2.....

I hear you and I sympathise with peaceful Muslims because they too are victims and unfortunately for them they end up carrying the scorn meant solely for the miscreants.
Thus I expect more anger (from Muslims) to be directed at those claiming Islam yet perverting and exploiting the faith. But it is not the Nigerian Christians you should really be confronting or even cautioning, again this is just misdirected.

would you attribute any misdeed of a selected few to the whole of Islam?

Personally I would not but the misdeeds of a selected few (not just in Islam but in any group) always eclipses the majority so it’s not the fault of Islam as a whole but the responsibility of Muslims to challenge and deal with that eclipsing minority because the relative silence and non-rebuke from Muslims not involved in such misdeeds is what make some embittered and cause some to believe that even the faultless Muslims may not actually be disagreeable with the actions of the miscreants.

Bisalame

What does the word above mean?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2012
emöfine2:

I hear you and I sympathise with peaceful Muslims because they too are victims and unfortunately for them they end up carrying the scorn meant solely for the miscreants.
Thus I expect more anger (from Muslims) to be directed at those claiming Islam yet perverting and exploiting the faith. But it is not the Nigerian Christians you should really be confronting or even cautioning, again this is just misdirected.

Personally I would not but the misdeeds of a selected few (not just in Islam but in any group) always eclipses the majority so it’s not the fault of Islam as a whole but the responsibility of Muslims to challenge and deal with that eclipsing minority because the relative silence and non-rebuke from Muslims not involved in such misdeeds is what make some embittered and cause some to believe that even the faultless Muslims may not actually be disagreeable with the actions of the miscreants.

What does the word above mean?

Bisalam means "peace out".....

The perfect comparism for this issue would be to ask you dis. "Do you in anyway like the kinda low treatment given to Nigerians abroad"?.....

We sure know corruption is the synonym for Nigeria but we are not all the same yet we are all affected...

Well d same applies to the subject matter above.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by MrAnony1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
al-ahamad:
[color=#000099][/color]

Hmm, why do christians hate islam?

It just so happens that muslims are the more separatist and intolerant of the two. case in point: Nairaland religious section and the muslim section.
We have a saying "by their fruits you shall know them" If a christian sect went around blowing up mosques in Nigeria, then if people who are not conversant with christianity condemned all christians. Can you really blame them?

In reference to the part in bold: you seem to be justifying the student for burning down the shop. Now if it was a christian student in normal circumstances he will just argue or cry and go home he won't burn the shop and even if he did he will be condemned by other christians.

Your religion justifies vengeance ours says "turn the other cheek".

As a christian, I love muslims as people but I cannot deny that I have no love islam and what it stands for (from the little I know of it).

If you want to win us to islam, you must first start by not wanting to kill us for "blaspheming" against your prophets
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Hmm, why do christians hate islam?

It just so happens that muslims are the more separatist and intolerant of the two. case in point: Nairaland religious section and the muslim section.
We have a saying "by their fruits you shall know them" If a christian sect went around blowing up mosques in Nigeria, then if people who are not conversant with christianity condemned all christians. Can you really blame them?

In reference to the part in bold: you seem to be justifying the student for burning down the shop. Now if it was a christian student in normal circumstances he will just argue or cry and go home he won't burn the shop and even if he did he will be condemned by other christians.

Your religion justifies vengeance ours says "turn the other cheek".

As a christian, I love muslims as people but I cannot deny that I have no love islam and what it stands for (from the little I know of it).

If you want to win us to islam, you must first start by not wanting to kill us for "blaspheming" against your prophets

You have spoken like a true gentleman....am not in anyway justifying the burning of the shop....that was an example to let you know that if the extremist wanna be a seperatist group, then you let them be....even within a religion, critics spring up from various sectors and try talking down on how u do things but for me, I simply ignore such cos only Allah sees the heart weather good or bad.

By the way, I've read of pastors commiting sins against God nd humanity but u don't see us Muslims generalizing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by MrAnony1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
al-ahamad:

You have spoken like a true gentleman....am not in anyway justifying the burning of the shop....that was an example to let you know that if the extremist wanna be a seperatist group, then you let them be....even within a religion, critics spring up from various sectors and try talking down on how u do things but for me, I simply ignore such cos only Allah sees the heart weather good or bad.

By the way, I've read of pastors commiting sins against God nd humanity but u don't see us Muslims generalizing.

The part of your statement in bold is not true. You can only speak for yourself (but that's by the way). Yes some pastors commit crimes and you cannot really blame anyone for generalizing christians based on those actions.
Even if you personally don't generalize, how do you tell the families of people who were killed by Islamist attacks that Islam is the religion of "peace"? How do you look them in the eye and tell them that Mohammed knows what he is talking about? How do you kill potential converts and expect them to believe that your way is right.

You can say I am generalizing but I am sorry, the little I know of Islam has put me off.
When I see muslim leaders such as the sultan of sokoto not only openly condemning boko haram but leading campaigns against boko haram then I will take you seriously. Until then I will continue to assume that they are a representation of islam and the rest of you are passive partners in crime
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2012
Yes Nigerian christians will continue to see Islam as a violent religion until all muslims speak against BH and stop telling us that its the FG or a sect that read the koran upside down that are perpetuating this acts in the name of "Allah". The silence of your imams and spiritual leaders is surely too loud in this trying times. Anyway it has always been one issue or the other provoking muslims in Nigeria to kill christians and other groups if its not miss world or sharia it has to be anything just to spill blood.

Look at the examples you wrote are we to be encouraged by them or depressed? You talk of Muslims respecting other religion and i put it to you that you lie. Nairaland is an example of how"tolerant" muslims are. Instead of focusing on why do Nigerian Christians hate Islam maybe you should look into "what is Islam doing in Nigeria to generate so much hate"

The problem with Muslims is that you point fingers at everybody except yourselves. Everybody is victimizing you, criticizing you, fighting you yet its a group of muslims we hear laying claims to bombing churches weekly in the name of "Allah" and yet you wonder.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
why is it that some regions around the world where islam is the main religion knows no peace? yet moslems are the first to claim that islam is a peaceful religion.

mali, libya, egypt, tunisia, algeria, somaila, sudan, syria, iran, iraq, afganistan, pakistan, india, nigeria etc. are countries where islam is used as a propaganda tool to attacked the population.

in some of these countries the minority christians are often-times persecuted or killed because they are termed 'infidels'.

so why won't nigerian christians hate islam when they get attacked almost every sunday by some 'elements' using islam as a justification to spread hatred. how many mosques get bombed or burned on fridays?

why is it that moslem leaders are not doing enough to address the situation. i guess they are afraid to speak out.

if islam is truly a religion of peace then this should be backed with words and effective action by showing real tolerance to everyone.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by mazaje(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2012
We want all Christians to convert to Islam – Boko Haram

The Jama’atu Ahlus Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the bombing of three churches that claimed about 50 lives and scores injured in the northern cities of Zaria and Kaduna on Sunday.
The sect spokesperson, Abu Qaqa in a statement said the multiple attacks was a reprisal of Christians’ past killings of Muslims and vandalism of Mosques in Zonkwa, Yelwan Shendam, Tafawa Balewa, where they said Mosques were turned into brothels and drinking joints, while Christians continue to carry on with impunity and government support.
The however affirmed that for peace to reign, Christians must all convert to Islam.
The statement reads in part: “Today (Sunday) Almighty Allah has given us victory against Christian Churches in Kaduna and Zaria which led to the deaths of many Christians and security operatives.”
The statement also claimed that Almighty Allah has tasked all Muslims in Quran chapter 9 v 29 to launch attack against Jews and Christians who refused to believe in him, his messenger, Prophet Mohammed.
The radical sect also affirmed that attacks against Christian children and women would continue, since security personnel now attack their women and children.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/18/we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram

The question is did boko haram write their own version of koran that calls for the killing of christians and other infidels?. . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by nuattitude74(m): 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ Poster, I dont think Nigerian Christians HATE Islam. I think most people are wary, maybe scared of an average Moslem because they have the potential to transform from a gentleman to the opposite at the drop of a Hat ( TURBAN wink ). A ticking time bomb if you like. Islam ( the Qur'an ) as a religion gives a basis for such militancy in the Jihadist doctrine for example :

“"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness ” Quran 9:123

"So, when you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity (free them) or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam." Quran 47:4

Surah 2:216-217 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you.

4:74-77 Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter, to him who fighteth in the cause of God, whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).

4:95-96 Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward: Ranks specially bestowed by Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful

5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.

9:14 Fight them, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers

48:29: "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."

Now, whether these verses have been abused or are being taken literally by fundamentalists is a different matter. That is the heart of the issue. If you stay in the North for example, you literally have to watch your steps and actions as you could lose your life out there for religious reasons. Recall, a couple of years ago when a Thisday reporter made a defamatory reference to Prophet Mohammed in an article. A Fatwa was pronounced on her and Churches were burnt and people killed in the North that day. She had to be spirited out of Nigeria and is on Assylum unable to come back home till THISDAY, pun intended, Lol. Recall also a case whereby a teacher was murdered by her students because she caught a student hiding a piece of paper inside a Book during an exam with the intention to cheat in the exam. The teacher unknowingly threw out the book not knowing it was a Qur'an. You know the rest. They didnt even give her a chance to defend herself. Fine, the Principal of the school, a Moslem, tried to protect her, however, some Moslem clerics ordered him to produce the teacher or else. You and I know such a thing CAN NEVER, NEVER happen in a Christian setting. You could desecrate the Bible or even insult Jesus Christ and you will be FORGIVEN by everybody. Surely you have heard of AHMED DEEDAT ( google if you havent ) the popular late South African cleric whose sole mission in life seemingly was to discredit the divine sonship of Jesus Christ. He openly cast aspersion on what Jesus represented in an attempt to prove that Christ was not the son of God but a mere Prophet. Please read his books " CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION" and " THE GOD THAT NEVER WAS " which were more or less DIRECT attacks on the unction of Jesus Christ. U fit try dat kind about Prophet Mohammed ? Salman Rushdie wrote a novel titled "The Satanic Verses" sometime ago and he is in hiding till this day as a Fatwa was placed on his head by Ayatollah Khomeini that he should be KILLED anywhere he is seen on earth.

Now I am not saying Christian extremists do not exist. However, evidence have shown that they are reactionaries and a minority. Extremists are the exception not the rule that is why WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF religious upheavals in the Christian South. That is my point. The disposition of the majority of Moslem is one of militancy. That is the rule. The mild-mannered ones seem to be the exception. Even with those ones, one is never too sure. In Yorubaland, where a so-called moderate form of Islam is practiced, you have to watch how you talk about the religion or else you could be pounced on. Last year or so, in the University of Ibadan, a student who was sick in the head went into a Mosque and shouted "Jesus is Lord". I was in Ibadan then on a training and you neeeded to see what happened that day ! The school was closed down because Muslims spilled into the street baying for blood. If such thing happened in a church, chances are that the person would be prayed for and "deliverance" held by the church for the girl.

So my guy, to answer your question, most people are reacting to the stimulus about Islam that has a violent hue. At its mildest form, you could lose your life to moderate Islamism due to your indiscretion/error/ignorance and at its worst form, you risk being killed by suicide bomber on a "heavenly mision". Unfortunately, this is becoming rather too rampant of late . Its only normal to feel a lack of fondness for Islam. If Mosques were being bombed every Friday in Nigeria, I can bet my eye-glasses that YOU, a moderate , would HATE Christians, FIGHT THEM and SMITE THEIR NECKS.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by vedaxcool(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
mazaje: We want all Christians to convert to Islam – Boko Haram

The Jama’atu Ahlus Sunnati Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, otherwise known as Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the bombing of three churches that claimed about 50 lives and scores injured in the northern cities of Zaria and Kaduna on Sunday.
The sect spokesperson, Abu Qaqa in a statement said the multiple attacks was a reprisal of Christians’ past killings of Muslims and vandalism of Mosques in Zonkwa, Yelwan Shendam, Tafawa Balewa, where they said Mosques were turned into brothels and drinking joints, while Christians continue to carry on with impunity and government support.
The however affirmed that for peace to reign, Christians must all convert to Islam.
The statement reads in part: “Today (Sunday) Almighty Allah has given us victory against Christian Churches in Kaduna and Zaria which led to the deaths of many Christians and security operatives.”
The statement also claimed that Almighty Allah has tasked all Muslims in Quran chapter 9 v 29 to launch attack against Jews and Christians who refused to believe in him, his messenger, Prophet Mohammed.
The radical sect also affirmed that attacks against Christian children and women would continue, since security personnel now attack their women and children.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/18/we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-want-all-christians-to-convert-to-islam-boko-haram

The question is did boko haram write their own version of koran that calls for the killing of christians and other infidels?. . . .

It is a pity after spending considerable time teaching you how to reason in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/723007/tai-solarin-life-ideas-accomplishments/2#8853767 you still exhibit the same failure to reason in any little way possible, how else does some one read the above statement and conclude that this is tyhe position of Islam, when entire history of Islam keeps showing tolerance etc, when tonnes of refutation have been given well op when dealing with nlanders you shouldn't really waste your time wondering why, coz from every indication the worst of atheism and christianity linger here backing each other up, this same individuals do not represent what the average christian think mosty christians are ignorant of islam because we muslims have failed in taking the true message of islam to them while others make lies and slander their sure way to heaven, christians during the time when tyhe pope was the Pope with regal and divine authority trained their subjects to hate Muhammad and Islam, it is this sort of beahvior thatthe atheists and unfortunately most christians have fallen victim of, but we on our path can only contnue to educate and urge them to listen to that good part that is within them and give peace a chance! May Allah guide them and destroy all the false propaganda against islam. amin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by vedaxcool(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
nuattitude74: @ Poster, I dont think Nigerian Christians HATE Islam. I think most people are wary, maybe scared of an average Moslem because they have the potential to transform from a gentleman to the opposite at the drop of a Hat ( TURBAN wink ). A ticking time bomb if you like. Islam ( the Qur'an ) as a religion gives a basis for such militancy in the Jihadist doctrine for example :

“"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness ” Quran 9:123

"So, when you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity (free them) or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam." Quran 47:4

Surah 2:216-217 Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you.

4:74-77 Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter, to him who fighteth in the cause of God, whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall We give him a reward of great (value).

4:95-96 Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward: Ranks specially bestowed by Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful

5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.

9:14 Fight them, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers

48:29: "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."

Now, whether these verses have been abused or are being taken literally by fundamentalists is a different matter. That is the heart of the issue. If you stay in the North for example, you literally have to watch your steps and actions as you could lose your life out there for religious reasons. Recall, a couple of years ago when a Thisday reporter made a defamatory reference to Prophet Mohammed in an article. A Fatwa was pronounced on her and Churches were burnt and people killed in the North that day. She had to be spirited out of Nigeria and is on Assylum unable to come back home till THISDAY, pun intended, Lol. Recall also a case whereby a teacher was murdered by her students because she caught a student hiding a piece of paper inside a Book during an exam with the intention to cheat in the exam. The teacher unknowingly threw out the book not knowing it was a Qur'an. You know the rest. They didnt even give her a chance to defend herself. Fine, the Principal of the school, a Moslem, tried to protect her, however, some Moslem clerics ordered him to produce the teacher or else. You and I know such a thing CAN NEVER, NEVER happen in a Christian setting. You could desecrate the Bible or even insult Jesus Christ and you will be FORGIVEN by everybody. Surely you have heard of AHMED DEEDAT ( google if you havent ) the popular late South African cleric whose sole mission in life seemingly was to discredit the divine sonship of Jesus Christ. He openly cast aspersion on what Jesus represented in an attempt to prove that Christ was not the son of God but a mere Prophet. Please read his books " CRUCIFIXION OR CRUCI-FICTION" and " THE GOD THAT NEVER WAS " which were more or less DIRECT attacks on the unction of Jesus Christ. U fit try dat kind about Prophet Mohammed ? Salman Rushdie wrote a novel titled "The Satanic Verses" sometime ago and he is in hiding till this day as a Fatwa was placed on his head by Ayatollah Khomeini that he should be KILLED anywhere he is seen on earth.

Now I am not saying Christian extremists do not exist. However, evidence have shown that they are reactionaries and a minority. Extremists are the exception not the rule that is why WE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF religious upheavals in the Christian South. That is my point. The disposition of the majority of Moslem is one of militancy. That is the rule. The mild-mannered ones seem to be the exception. Even with those ones, one is never too sure. In Yorubaland, where a so-called moderate form of Islam is practiced, you have to watch how you talk about the religion or else you could be pounced on. Last year or so, in the University of Ibadan, a student who was sick in the head went into a Mosque and shouted "Jesus is Lord". I was in Ibadan then on a training and you neeeded to see what happened that day ! The school was closed down because Muslims spilled into the street baying for blood. If such thing happened in a church, chances are that the person would be prayed for and "deliverance" held by the church for the girl.

So my guy, to answer your question, most people are reacting to the stimulus about Islam that has a violent hue. At its mildest form, you could lose your life to moderate Islamism due to your indiscretion/error/ignorance and at its worst form, you risk being killed by suicide bomber on a "heavenly mision". Unfortunately, this is becoming rather too rampant of late . Its only normal to feel a lack of fondness for Islam. If Mosques were being bombed every Friday in Nigeria, I can bet my eye-glasses that YOU, a moderate , would HATE Christians, FIGHT THEM and SMITE THEIR NECKS.

so also anders berevik showed the hue of christian violence, the christians will quickly say their adherent was mentally disturb when ever they do something worth condeming i believe hypocrisy explains this sort of behavior while muslims will always condeme bad behavior of muslims christians like you would immediately say mentally disturb i think it is about time muslims begin to use mentally distrub to free us the responsibility of condeming anybody and to cap it up this same anders breviek was labeled mentally disturb so also when some christains actually attempted bombing their own church because of difference between them and yes mentally disturb will excuse such behavior any way enuf said
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by mazaje(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
vedaxcool:

It is a pity after spending considerable time teaching you how to reason in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/723007/tai-solarin-life-ideas-accomplishments/2#8853767 you still exhibit the same failure to reason in any little way possible

How can you educate me when you have not finished educating yourself?. . .Re read the thread and laugh at the nonsense you spewed there. . . .

how else does some one read the above statement and conclude that this is tyhe position of Islam,

Why do muslims love killing infidels as a religious duty?. . .When islamic terrorist go about killing what name do the chant and which book do they recite from when justifying their murders?. . .Watch all the clips of muslim terrorist, the koran is what the hold in their hands, and passages that justify the murder of infidels is what the recite so what the heck are you saying?. . .Why are muslims always killing in the name of allah? Did boko haram and other muslim terrorist write their own koran?. . .Why do muslims always kill infidels as a religious duty?. . .

when entire history of Islam keeps showing tolerance etc, when tonnes of refutation have been given well op when dealing with nlanders you shouldn't really waste your time wondering why, coz from every indication the worst of atheism and christianity linger here backing each other up, this same individuals do not represent what the average christian think mosty christians are ignorant of islam because we muslims have failed in taking the true message of islam to them while others make lies and slander their sure way to heaven, christians during the time when tyhe pope was the Pope with regal and divine authority trained their subjects to hate Muhammad and Islam, it is this sort of beahvior thatthe atheists and unfortunately most christians have fallen victim of, but we on our path can only contnue to educate and urge them to listen to that good part that is within them and give peace a chance!

Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia, Mali, Northern Nigeria, etc are all muslim majority places and we know the type of peace islam promotes right?. . .There is something inherently violent about islam, you can bury your head in the sand if that makes you happy. . .

May Allah guide them and destroy all the false propaganda against islam. amin

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by thehomer: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
al-ahamad:
[color=#000099][/color]

Good. I hope you're ready to listen on behalf of other Muslims.

al-ahamad:

The claim of respect is not true. Several religious minorities are persecuted in Islamic countries others prohibit the free expression of religion.

al-ahamad:

No it is not certain that Islam is the religion of peace. Muslims claim it is but it isn't. No monotheistic religion advocating martyrdom can be a religion of peace.
The Niger-Delta militants didn't single out Muslims or other religious groups to murder in their places of worship. Their sabotage was against the government while that of the Islamic Boko Haram has been against education and Christians.

al-ahamad:

Rubbish. Why should some long dead man be so venerated that people should be killed for perceived slights? This is the sort of thinking that makes me say that many Muslims aren't yet mature enough to be in the 21st century. Should blasphemy be a crime for which someone should be killed?

al-ahamad:

Do you think the response of burning down the guy's shop was an appropriate one? Isn't the arsonist an idolater?

al-ahamad:

You do realize that in Saudi Arabia, they do not respect other religious traditions.

al-ahamad:

Do you think you're displaying some blind sentiment here? I also hope you take your own advice and reason on what I've said and stop the attempted defense of criminal acts. Do you think that the fact that the Muslims who perform similar deeds or worse aren't exposed makes them better?

al-ahamad:

You be careful and limit the Islamic led violence.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Hate Islam??? by alahamad(m): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
nuattitude74: @ Poster, I dont think Nigerian Christians HATE Islam. I think most people are wary, maybe scared of an average Moslem because they have the potential to transform from a gentleman to the opposite at the drop of a Hat ( TURBAN wink ). A ticking time bomb if you like. Islam ( the Qur'an ) as a religion gives a basis for such militancy in the Jihadist doctrine for example :

If you read the early parts of this thread, u'd see that a fellow brother addressed the part of "reasons for Jihad"......Jihad is not to force anyone into accepting islam, rather its to set free any oppression or move to stop the propagation of islam....

But how u people read propaganda and spread it further is sickening nd it hurts me that the evil doers are busy celebrating victory over dis....how could anyone or group force people to convert into islam....this boko thing is honestly frustrating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Smoking Shisha Haram? / Supplication For The Best: What Would You Ask For? / Supplication Of The Travellers For The Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.