Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! (6820 Views)

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKs7oi_-NUo

Is there freedom of religion in Islam?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2012
Watched it! ...

What's the point? ...

It's just a story....

You should be better than this!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Watched it! ...

What's the point? ...

It's just a story....

You should be better than this!

That is why I asked the question; Is there freedom of religion in Islam?
I do not want to assume that his story is in line with the spirit of islam, I am giving you a chance to defend his veiwpoint
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yes there is and no one owes you an explanation for that
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony: That is why I asked the question; Is there freedom of religion in Islam?
I do not want to assume that his story is in line with the spirit of islam, I am giving you a chance to defend his veiwpoint

We can not tell his viewpoint from the video- He only told a story...

The intricacies were not discussed...
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

We can not tell his viewpoint from the video- He only told a story...

The intricacies were not discussed...

Please, discuss these intricacies.

Question is about whether his story is in keeping with the way a muslim should go about winning people to his/her faith.

Should one be converted under false pretenses? Should one be manipulated into islam?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Please, discuss these intricacies.

Question is about whether his story is in keeping with the way a muslim should go about winning people to his/her faith.

Should one be converted under false pretenses? Should one be manipulated into islam?

No, absolutely not...

The person must be totally convinced of Islam first before converting... If someone comes to me and says he wants to become a muslim; i will have to detail out the fundamentals of belief to the person and ensure he believes them first....

That is the usual practise...
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
"neat trick by a good muslim". these violent reprobates disgust me.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

No, absolutely not...

The person must be totally convinced of Islam first before converting... If someone comes to me and says he wants to become a muslim; i will have to detail out the fundamentals of belief to the person and ensure he believes them first....

That is the usual practise...

So this particular cleric in the video is in violation of islamic practice by the method he is promoting not so?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony: So this particular cleric in the video is in violation of islamic practice by the method he is promoting not so?

He is just telling a story; He thinks it is a good story, many will disagree... I do not know if that is a true reflection of his opinion on the issue....
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

He is just telling a story; He thinks it is a good story, many will disagree... I do not know if that is a true reflection of his opinion on the issue....

I didn't ask you what you think or what he thinks or what many people think, I asked you if the event he described is in direct violation of Islamic practice. Is it or is it not?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony: I didn't ask you what you think or what he thinks or what many people think, I asked you if the event he described is in direct violation of Islamic practice. Is it or is it not?

Many of the things said in the story are in violation.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

Many of the things said in the story are in violation.
Please point out which parts are in violation so I know if we are on the same page
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by tbaba1234: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please point out which parts are in violation so I know if we are on the same page

It sounds a little like deceit, that's all... but someone could argue that he was already convinced n just needed a push...
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234:

It sounds a little like deceit, that's all... but someone could argue that he was already convinced n just needed a push...

My friend it is deceit plain and simple. Don't try to airbrush it.

That's by the way. The question that arises from this though is if there is religious freedom in islam? Does islam respect the freedom of people to choose their religions and have separate beliefs?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
Islam is not an oligachic religion ,not a religion that will compel you to believe ,there exist religious tolerance and a matter of fact all religions propagate,so do not make it sound like its just an "islamic thing" the false beliefs of the catholics led to the advent of the anglican n lutherian churches...so bcoz a man posts a video on the internet does not mean its a doctrine or tradition of Islam
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
spenca: Islam is not an oligachic religion ,not a religion that will compel you to believe ,there exist religious tolerance and a matter of fact all religions propagate,so do not make it sound like its just an "islamic thing" the false beliefs of the catholics led to the advent of the anglican n lutherian churches...so bcoz a man posts a video on the internet does not mean its a doctrine or tradition of Islam

Lol, if you read my discourse so far with tbaba, you'll notice I am not claiming that this particular cleric speaks for all islam.
Besides it is only a guilty man who when caught in his tracks begins to point fingers at everyone else as if the number of people committing a crime somehow justifies the crime.

Friend, in an islamic society, is a person free to have his/her own personal beliefs?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
In an islamic state like arabia ,even in dubia u have to adhere to der law , which is the sharia law i think or a form of sharia law tho,so he is free to service the higher being which the individual believes in based on the stipulated law ....and now one is pointing fingers young world ,all i dd was to justify a claim i made...
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
spenca: In an islamic state like arabia ,even in dubia u have to adhere to der law , which is the sharia law i think or a form of sharia law tho,so he is free to service the higher being which the individual believes in based on the stipulated law ....and now one is pointing fingers young world ,all i dd was to justify a claim i made...
well then, whatever type of law a state has, any law that denies an individual his right to a personal belief is an evil law.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by cyrexx: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
*sitting down crosslegged and armsfolded watching for how things will turn out on this very sensitive thread*

1 Like

Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
The law does not say you should not have your personal beliefs,all it does is to direct the social conduct of those beliefs ,if not you may be in d act of heresy....wen u rome ,act like a roman !
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by vedaxcool(m): 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
Allah proclaims there is no compulsion in religion for truth stands out manifest from error!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool: Allah proclaims there is no compulsion in religion for truth stands out manifest from error!
Bless!!Islam is based on scripture not an iman or an individual that proclaim things out of sentiments or stuffs,the best way to be acquainted wid a religion is to go by its scripture of it got one n not by man coz man himself is an imperfection
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
spenca: The law does not say you should not have your personal beliefs,all it does is to direct the social conduct of those beliefs ,if not you may be in d act of heresy....wen u rome ,act like a roman !

Wow! Really? What's the penalty for apostasy in an islamic state? Mind you apostasy is different from heresy.
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by spenca: 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Wow! Really? What's the penalty for apostasy in an islamic state? Mind you apostasy is different from heresy.
Well i can't answer that question ryt now ,coz i never inquired into sharia law
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by vedaxcool(m): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

The Qur'an has clearly spelt it out, u cannot compel anybody to believe in Islam, neither can u force an individual to remain in Islam, the prophet pbuh said actions shall be judge according to intention! In essence once somebody decides inwardly to disbelief in Islam no amount of threat would make his disbelief belief in Allah's sight, now what I understand with certain Islamic countries apostate laws is that they are applied specifically when someone intends' to make his conversion a tool for propaganda against the state thereby undermining the state hence some type of apostacy can be political, meant to destroy the state, like initially the christians and jews during the time of Prophet pbuh converted to Islam and by night de-converted all with the intent for sowing disbelief in the heart of others , but in cases were people are sentenced because they disbelief then clearly that is wrong and not our deen!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool:

The Qur'an has clearly spelt it out, u cannot compel anybody to believe in Islam, neither can u force an individual to remain in Islam, the prophet pbuh said actions shall be judge according to intention! In essence once somebody decides inwardly to disbelief in Islam no amount of threat would make his disbelief belief in Allah's sight, now what I understand with certain Islamic countries apostate laws is that they are applied specifically when someone intends' to make his conversion a tool for propaganda against the state thereby undermining the state hence some type of apostacy can be political, meant to destroy the state, like initially the christians and jews during the time of Prophet pbuh converted to Islam and by night de-converted all with the intent for sowing disbelief in the heart of others , but in cases were people are sentenced because they disbelief then clearly that is wrong and not our deen!

How is the intent determined?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by vedaxcool(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
^

By a court and appropriate apparatus of state! It seems u skipped the propaganda part of my statement and let me clarify what I wrote, I meant uses his conversion as a propaganda tool against the state!
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool: ^

By a court and appropriate apparatus of state! It seems u skipped the propaganda part of my statement and let me clarify what I wrote, I meant uses his conversion as a propaganda tool against the state!

Would preaching his new faith to other citizens amount to "using his conversion as a propaganda tool against the state"?
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by MrAnony1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Would preaching his new faith to other citizens amount to "using his conversion as a propaganda tool against the state"?
Exactly the question I was going to ask (wow! I'm beginning to have this weird feeling that I've met my clone)
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Exactly the question I was going to ask (wow! I'm beginning to have this weird feeling that I've met my clone)

lol... Like you said, the Spirit is the same, bro smiley
Re: Muslims In The House Please Give This A Look! by vedaxcool(m): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ihedinobi:

No!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finding Peace And Contentment: How Our Words Affect Our Hearts / Short Note From Mufti Menk On The Causes Of Stress / Understanding The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.