Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please (4077 Views)

The Best Husband / Redecorating Tips Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by masterpiecer(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2012
i am 29yrs old, i hope to get married soon, since i was 23, i ve always wish to be the best husband to the woman that would be my wife, but i ve noticed that a lot of married folks(mostly women), complains about their husbands, so i want to know what are d most necessary things that a woman would want from her husband to make her happy?

would appreciate tips from married ladies most.
thanks all.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by pemimi(f): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2012
Just be you and let her know frm the beginning who u are, cause we women are very difficult to please so don't kill yourself over it

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by tpia5: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2012
If being a good husband is important to you, then be careful who you marry.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by tpia5: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2012
pemimi: Just be you and let her know frm the beginning who u are, cause we women are very difficult to please so don't kill yourself over it

True for the most part.

Just trust in God @poster, since its God who orders a man's steps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by ifyalways(f): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
Co-sign both posts above.
Be yourself from the onset,be sure of who you marry.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Afam4eva(m): 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
Being a good husband does not just rest with you but also on the woman you marry. There are no stipulated rules on how to be a good husband. It depends greatly on the kind of wife you have. Just make sure you marry someone that complements and thinks similarly to the way you do and be yourself. Don't try to act in order to be a good husband.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by TV01(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
afam4eva: Being a good husband does not just rest with you but also on the woman you marry.

I personally don't agree with this. Or maybe I just don't get it? Specific nuancies and detail apart. The nature of a good husband is pretty generic and I'd say fungible (that's for CC cheesy!).

afam4eva: There are no stipulated rules on how to be a good husband. It depends greatly on the kind of wife you have.

To whit; one's conduct and responsibilities as a husband (or wife) are essentially blind to whom one marries. Take for example faithfulness; a good husband will maintain marital fidelity. A good husband will protect his wife. And so on and so forth for all the main aspects of being a good husband.

afam4eva: Just make sure you marry someone that complements and thinks similarly to the way you do and be yourself.

Complementariness is good, but then again not essential in every way, if the parties are mature enough to accomodate any differences (and although I would counsel that these be minor at best, some couples succeed despite major difference).

afam4eva: Don't try to act in order to be a good husband.

Absolutely agree here. Maintaining a facade is decietful, not really sustainable long term and will probably breed resentment.

@OP,

1. Marry. Marry with understanding. Marry well.
2. You can't be the best husband. I currently occupy that role and have no intention of relinquishing it. Ever cheesy!
3. All the very best for this most central and divine of human relationships/endeavours. You'll soon be a contender.

Best
TV

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by queensmith: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
masterpiecer: i am 29yrs old, i hope to get married soon, since i was 23, i ve always wish to be the best husband to the woman that would be my wife, but i ve noticed that a lot of married folks(mostly women), complains about their husbands, so i want to know what are d most necessary things that a woman would want from her husband to make her happy?

thanks all.

awwww this is too cute- just talk and listen to your wife. There is no better partner than the one that listens and communicates. You will get to know her and she will get to know you, the type of person you are and the things that will make you happy.

Your wife will be the best wife ever too! smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Beync(f): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
Infidelity is one major problem tearing homes apart. be sure of urself and the woman u want to marry.
Both of u should be determine to keep ur marriage bed honorable. that way u enjoy trust between urselves and peace of mind that only God can give.
In as much as u men want women to be faithful to u, women values worships men who are faithful and who knows when to return home. All the best.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
Marry someone who love you, someone you love, somone who cares, listen, and respect you.

In short, marry someone who will care, love and respect you like that it will be damn well easy to treat her well and be a good husband to her. You wouldn't even need to go read a 1000 pages book of "how to be a good husband" cuz your wife will make it pretty much easy for you with her lovable behaviour, personality and character. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
@OP
there is absolutely NO WAY you can be the best husband for someone you havent met yet, thats stoopid (excuse my French). every women are different and what works for some, wont for others. BE YOURSELF and hope that your being will attract and satisfy the right person, and basta! pretending to be who you are not just to get married is not only wrong, but should also be a crime punishable by stoning, lol!
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by masterpiecer(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
there is absolutely NO WAY you can be the best husband for someone you havent met yet, thats stoopid (excuse my French). every women are different and what works for some, wont for others. BE YOURSELF and hope that your being will attract and satisfy the right person, and basta! pretending to be who you are not just to get married is not only wrong, but should also be a crime punishable by stoning, lol!

stoning @ dis jet age? roflol, i dont wonna be stoned sha, wont committ such crime too8)

queensmith:

awwww this is too cute- just talk and listen to your wife. There is no better partner than the one that listens and communicates. You will get to know her and she will get to know you, the type of person you are and the things that will make you happy.

Your wife will be the best wife ever too! smiley

thanks alot and amen to ur prayer.

rokiatu: Marry someone who love you, someone you love, somone who cares, listen, and respect you.

In short, marry someone who will care, love and respect you like that it will be damn well easy to treat her well and be a good husband to her. You wouldn't even need to go read a 1000 pages book of "how to be a good husband" cuz your wife will make it pretty much easy for you with her lovable behaviour, personality and character. wink

thanks alot

TV01:

2. You can't be the best husband. I currently occupy that role and have no intention of relinquishing it. Ever cheesy!

lol, am a hard contender, i bet i ll beat u to it wen d time comes smiley

@EVERY1,
Thanks, y'll d best cool
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by yinkhar(f): 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
mark,jst make sure u are caring and u satisfy all her needs

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by masterpiecer(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
yinkhar: mark,jst make sure u are caring and u satisfy all her needs

hey girl, how r u today? wink

being caring is like breathing to me, but what are a woman basic needs?
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Wislet(f): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2012
most important of all.... Like someone has said:
be very careful who you bring into your life as your LIFE partner.
It is not a child's play. But for the long haul.
A woman who doesn't share your dreams and thoughts will be like cancer to your happiness.
Take your time...and let God direct you on this most important step.
The right woman for you will make everything easy. It won't be a chore to you keeping to them. She would even beat you to it in the caring and loving department.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by debow: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2012
To be the best husband can be acheived with seriousness on your part. That is if you are ready to obey the rules and regulations of marriage which are not known to many. You can contact me via adeostar@yahoo.com for useful information. Also visit www.dailylivingways..com for useful resources.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Wislet(f): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
debow: To be the best husband can be acheived with seriousness on your part. That is if you are ready to obey the rules and regulations of marriage which are not known to many. You can contact me via adeostar@yahoo.com for useful information. Also visit www.dailylivingways..com for useful resources.
hmm.
Lol.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by masterpiecer(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2012
debow: To be the best husband can be acheived with seriousness on your part. That is if you are ready to obey the rules and regulations of marriage which are not known to many. You can contact me via adeostar@yahoo.com for useful information. Also visit www.dailylivingways..com for useful resources.

nice 1 though, but i cant seem to find ur blog, the link reads
"Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name dailylivingways is available to register!"
or could it be under construction or maintenance?
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
masterpiecer:

stoning @ dis jet age? roflol, i dont wonna be stoned sha, wont commit such crime too8)

you've already committed a crime when you believed that there was a set rule that works for EVERY WOMEN. yes, you need the usual attribute such as care, honesty, companionship, trust, compatibility etc etc etc BUT some women would require MUCH MORE in a "best" husband, while others wouldnt even require that much.
here is an example:
- some women believe that the best husband is one that allows them to be free to do whatever they want, while others believe the best husband should be strong and decisive and in charge.
- some believe the best husband should be in charge of everything financial in the household while others think there needs to be sharing of responsibility in order to have respect and equality in the household.
- some believe the best husband need to have a job/house/and wealth while others simply believe he should be caring and loving to fit that status.

you are too greedy in wanting to please ALL WOMEN!
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by tpia5: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2012
^stop haranguing the guy, jeez.

did he say he's marrying ALL WOMEN?
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by yinkhar(f): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2012
masterpiecer:

hey girl, how r u today? wink

being caring is like breathing to me, but what are a woman basic needs?

satisfy her on bed and dnt let her lack any material tin.(Am fyn,its been long i heardfrm u).
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2012
Number 1 rule never ever lose your job. grin

Ok seriously speaking, don't start off as a liar on your finances, especially if you are still struggling. Be honest. That is how you weed off women who don't love you for who you are. Many men marry women on empty promises and begin to chant a 'woe betide me song' when the woman finds out who the man really is as she turns into a bulldog. All women are different, but women don't joke with attention as men don't joke with their sex.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
tpia@:
^stop haranguing the guy, jeez.

did he say he's marrying ALL WOMEN?

is he not asking ALL women for tips?! (while he should ask the particular one he has in mind)
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
OP

Its impossible. Women are the most difficult beings ever. Regardless of what you do, they find a way to complain about Something.

If you are responsible, dont keep late nights, dont cheat, financially stable, support her, and everything she would still find a way of complaining about something

She might say she doesnt like the way you look at her, Or she has a feeling inside of her that you like Beyonce more than her. Or she doesnt like the fact that you watch Sport instead of Africa Magic or "real housewife of Abuja". She doesnt like how you greeted her friend, She doesnt like How you did not greet her friend, She doesnt like how you spend money , she doesnt like how you dont spend money etc.

If your life is to make a woman happy, then you would be dead verry soon. Just do whatever you think its right And leave the rest
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by queensmith: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you've already committed a crime when you believed that there was a set rule that works for EVERY WOMEN. yes, you need the usual attribute such as care, honesty, companionship, trust, compatibility etc etc etc BUT some women would require MUCH MORE in a "best" husband, while others wouldnt even require that much.
here is an example:
- some women believe that the best husband is one that allows them to be free to do whatever they want, while others believe the best husband should be strong and decisive and in charge.
- some believe the best husband should be in charge of everything financial in the household while others think there needs to be sharing of responsibility in order to have respect and equality in the household.
- some believe the best husband need to have a job/house/and wealth while others simply believe he should be caring and loving to fit that status.

you are too greedy in wanting to please ALL WOMEN!

Seriously MBJ what do you read? Where the do you get all this information from? Do you moonlight as a woman?

Seriously I see alot of men dictate all these 'rules' and it just amazes me, how many times have these 'some women' been married in order for them to know what their 'best husband' is like?

dayokanu: OP

Its impossible. Women are the most difficult beings ever. Regardless of what you do, they find a way to complain about Something.

If you are responsible, dont keep late nights, dont cheat, financially stable, support her, and everything she would still find a way of complaining about something

She might say she doesnt like the way you look at her, Or she has a feeling inside of her that you like Beyonce more than her. Or she doesnt like the fact that you watch Sport instead of Africa Magic or "real housewife of Abuja". She doesnt like how you greeted her friend, She doesnt like How you did not greet her friend, She doesnt like how you spend money , she doesnt like how you dont spend money etc.

If your life is to make a woman happy, then you would be dead verry soon. Just do whatever you think its right And leave the rest

I've told you to stop picking girlfriends from the local mental institution, why didn't you listen?

And i don't think you read the op properly, he wants to be a good husband not a bad one.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2012
queensmith:
Seriously MBJ what do you read? Where the do you get all this information from? Do you moonlight as a woman?

Seriously I see alot of men dictate all these 'rules' and it just amazes me, how many times have these 'some women' been married in order for them to know what their 'best husband' is like?

you ladies are not hard to figure out, even though you make no sense sometimes....... dont flatter yourself and other women, lol!

there is an African proverb that says:"it doesnt matter how long a man stays in the river, he will never turn into a crocodile......but he sure will know how crocodiles behave!" (i just made that up o, lol)
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by tpia5: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

is he not asking ALL women for tips?! (while he should ask the particular one he has in mind)

ok then.

point noted.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by queensmith: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you ladies are not hard to figure out, even though you make no sense sometimes....... dont flatter yourself and other women, lol!

there is an African proverb that says:"it doesnt matter how long a man stays in the river, he will never turn into a crocodile......but he sure will know how crocodiles behave!" (i just made that up o, lol)

right, you have a degree and a phd in 'women studies'. . . . .from staying in a river. . . . . .noted.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
queensmith:

right, you have a degree and a phd in 'women studies'. . . . .from staying in a river. . . . . .noted.

...i guess you understand me clearly when i compare you/women with crocodiles then.
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by chic2pimp(m): 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
dayokanu: OP

Its impossible. [size=18pt]Women are the most difficult beings ever. Regardless of what you do, they find a way to complain about Something[/size]

Funny But True!!!
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2012
To be the best husband just make sure when your wife is in the mood you satisfy her in bed, if you shower a woman with gifts she will call you darling every minute of the day but God forbid if you lose your job or that source of income then you will know that most women are a woe-on-men!!!
Re: I Want To Be The Best Husband Ever, Tips Please by bukatyne(f): 2:58am On Aug 06, 2016
masterpiecer:
i am 29yrs old, i hope to get married soon, since i was 23, i ve always wish to be the best husband to the woman that would be my wife, but i ve noticed that a lot of married folks(mostly women), complains about their husbands, so i want to know what are d most necessary things that a woman would want from her husband to make her happy?

thanks all.

@OP

4yrs later...

Are you married? Are you achieving your goal?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. / How Does Meta Force Work? How Will I Earn ? / Help: My Wife Sleeps Like A Log During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.