Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Dating after been friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating after been friends (925 Views)

4 Essential Rules For Dating After Break-up. / It's Not How Long You,ve Been Friends But How Well / Dating After Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating after been friends by kojeiwa(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2007
Is it always better to be friends before relationship. I think some women feel comfortable knowing a

guy as a friend first. Me personally, i don't believe in the friendship before relationship thing.

Is either we are friends or lovers. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Dating after been friends by 2dye4(m): 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2007
u should stick to ur belief if it works for u. there is no universal procedure for starting a relationship. its a matter of choice. wink
Re: Dating after been friends by iice(f): 2:55am On Nov 28, 2007
@2dye4 abi ooo!

Generally though, am more of a friendship to relationship person. . .works for me
Re: Dating after been friends by almondjoy(f): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2007
Sorry I can never "date" a friend.  If we have been pals for over 6 months and "nothing" happened  you will automatically become one of  my "brothers" somehow--for lack of thrill--- and can never look at him romantically.  Can't imagine getting in bed with a "friend."   He will even start looking like my father or uncle. That kind of sex will suck to the high heavens!----Yuck!

I date first then we can become friends in old age---not before please!  I got too many friends for that!

Friendship? --- Please that is for old age, in marriage----no rush to befriend a potential lover abeg!

1 Like

Re: Dating after been friends by bebe2007(m): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
It works for me cannot do otherwise.
Re: Dating after been friends by ettehgate(m): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2007
what is datting if not friendship
Re: Dating after been friends by rockiedink(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2007
almondjoy:

Sorry I can never "date" a friend. If we have been pals for over 6 months and "nothing" happened you will automatically become one of my "brothers" somehow--for lack of thrill--- and can never look at him romantically. Can't imagine getting in bed with a "friend." He will even start looking like my father or uncle. That kind of sex will suck to the high heavens!----Yuck!

I date first then we can become friends in old age---not before please! I got too many friends for that!

Friendship? --- Please that is for old age, in marriage----no rush to befriend a potential lover abeg!

which impolies that Michael Bolton's how can we be lovers if we cant be friends doesnt hold water. just asking
Re: Dating after been friends by herdey2tu(f): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2007
kojeiwa:

Is it always better to be friends before relationship. I think some women feel comfortable knowing a

guy as a friend first. Me personally, i don't believe in the friendship before relationship thing.

Is either we are friends or lovers. What do you think?

What type of friendship are we talking about here? Is it dating a friend i called my main pal?

i once had a good friend; he was my confidante, someone i could tell my worries and secrets to, then something happened that got him consoling me , and b4 u could say - jack robbinson, we got kissing and , (use your imagination)
Anyways, we eventually started the dating game , and it was rosy for awhile, but not long afterwards the communication line started developing faults, we couldnt gather the momentum anymore, eventually we broke up, and the once wonderful friendship was lost - we just couldn't find it again!!! cry

My advice, if you are so attracted to someone the first time, just go for it, and leave the hollabaloo of , "can we just be friends first?, " You re either lusting after him/her or just genuinely wanna be friends! Focus on the reason!!!
Re: Dating after been friends by peachluvs: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
either ways does it for me
Re: Dating after been friends by sylvex(f): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2007
personally, friendship to relationship works better than the other way round wink.
Re: Dating after been friends by yewaman1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2007
[center]Am in a situation right now, where am friends with this very interesting person lady, that really like she wants
us to be friends first before anything, I think its just away of gaining the trust of the guy. ''I guess''[/center]
Re: Dating after been friends by yewaman1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2007
[center]Am in a situation right now, where am friends with this very interesting person lady, that really like she wants
us to be friends first before anything, I think its just away of gaining the trust of the guy. ''I guess''. I would rather date or marry someone whos my friend. [/center]
Re: Dating after been friends by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2007
are you aware of the saying . . . . .  'friends for a reason, a season or a lifetime'

You can have a friend for a reason and that reason is because you two may be going somewhere. You get what i mean?

None of the friends you have are on the same level, so you should not be afraid that if you become friends with someone then that's where they would be stuck.

I am a 'friend to relationship' kinda person. Yes . . .  there are some guys that I have started out as friends with and for whatever reason it never got to the next stage, we are still friends. Its not a bad thing.
Re: Dating after been friends by iice(f): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2007
Naja Haje. . .well said. . .

(1) (Reply)

My Online Chics N Me / Spending The Life Tyme Wit The Right Person ;) / Best Val You Ever Had!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.