Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? (14240 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by tchaik(m): 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
bennyraz: Interesting

I can't fccking wait to see the commercials of when ''WEED'' is legalised

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by ayobase(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: AND THIS BULL Poo MADE THE FRONTPAGE when most of my post are deleted. Smh for all the eediots on nairaland including the OP sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Dont take it personal!
Chill!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Jaykizz(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
I decided to farabela read tru d comments b4 I share my own n I'm rily amazd coz 4 d 1st tym, evry body made gud coments...

IMO, I agree der's notin bad in ladies askin a guy out but plz ladies, Knw ur Guy VERY WELL b4 u do so. Dnt wonda lustfuly at hm n tink he's ur tru bf, b patient enuf to knw his friends, movs n wat he does so dat u dnt fall a trap wen u r togeda(dat is if he agrees).
As rgads mysef, I'v ad 2 ladies who ad a crush on me in d past. D 1st showd it in her characta n I got d gist. I bhavd manly n took it 4rm wer she stpd n we enjoyd our time togeda. Bt lemme admit dat it was her mom dat got us separatd coz we ar of diff religion n we wer brought up in d same neighbourhood (we livd as neighbours anyway n ma mom n hers wer nt d bst in talkin termz truout). So we ad to quit bt she stil calls n snd me txts as I do. I stl av feelins 4 her n she does n I knw dat wateva god say wil b wil b.
D 2nd lady, ma ex-classmate yl in skul den walkd up to me n tld me to her face dat she likd me. However I wasn't in a rush coz I mst admit she wasnt d mst beautiful of ladies bt she's wel endowd n vry brilliant. So I took mytym to study her n afta about 7wks, 'I ASKED HER OUT PERSONALLY' evn wen I knew she confesd to me she likd me n I knew her ans was gona b a yes.
We broke up of recent, nt dat we ad a fyt bt because d distance was jst 2 much to bear nau dat we'v finisd schoolin.
I mst say dat bot of dm wer nic ladies n I ad dif encountas wit dm coz 1's weaknes seemd to b d odas strength. It has made me mov on absolutely wel n I tel u, av nt regretd avin sumtin to do wit dm.
As 4 d 1s I askd out, non seemd to eva stay. Silly tins wil apen n we ar off! I tink I prefa it wen a matured n wel-to-do lady asks me out coz I'l b safe with her so lng she has wat I want in a lady. N my vry gud friend is also a witness as to a lady askin a guy out coz dy'v bin datin nau 4 around 5yrs or more(although dy'v ad dia tough tyms aswel).

In essence, notin bad to me. Jst knw ur guy vry wel.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by bendazum: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
I don't feel it's wrong for a girl to ask me out.In doing it she should not be overbearing.She should do so in a humble and nice way.Although African culture frowns at it but I personally think it's cool.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Visman(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
cindyrella:

Well I kinda agree with you, there really is nothing wrong in being blunt and telling a guy u like him and wants to be friends with him...
but I can't do it..
I am just too shy to walk up to a guy and say I wanna be friends with him... Where will I even start from?? embarassed
start wit:hi u always luk happy.even wen he's sad“lol .
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by NET1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
During my University days, there was this chic who had a long crush on me (and I did not know). She did not know how I was going to respond (or react) if she ever told me about her feelings. Sometimes, I observed that she was acting up somehow whenever I was around, but I did not bother myself, because I didnt know what was on her mind (I dont read minds)

One day, she mustered the courage to tell me. Although we eventually did not date, we became BETTER friends. She became her normal self and did not have to bother herself about how I was going to react ('cos I explained politely without insulting her, why we could not be intimate).

Today, she is married to a very nice guy and we are still very good friends and she still holds me in high esteem.

As for me, I don't feel embarrassed if a woman asks me out. Actually, it happens almost everyday here in Port Harcourt. I'd oblige if the feeling is mutual, but if it's not mutual, I'd say NO in a polite way that makes that woman my friend for life.

.NET
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by nonesense: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
Shephummy: Hmmmm.... Civilizatn don spoil d whole thing. Its very wrong 4a lady 2ask a guy out o. A man shud ask a girl out, dat is d ideal way. Al ladies ar given natural attractn by God, no mata hw ugly she may luk, Her man must cum 4her. Woman ar creatd 4rm man. So a man wil alwaz luk 4her missing rib. Cheers.
its better you start luking for one to approach before it is too late. remember (OKO WON LODE) shocked grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by daviesmania(m): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dont ask me out, i wil hit u & run bilivin ur doin lyk dat to evri oda guy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Meedu(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
One funny thing in life.

All the girls that i asked out, i ended up breaking there hearts. The only girl that asked me out, we are happily married today, blessed with 2 kids and looking forward to our 5th year anniversary.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
Joeblis: ur such a freaky dumbazz, must you insult in every comment??by the way 96.1% of nigerian's are using BB so relax ur mind!!

Omo, wetin bring bb for this convo? U̶̲̥̅̊ are a bigger dumbazz for making dat remark.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit:

YOU ARE A LOW LIFE FOR STARTING SUCH A DUMB AND BASELESS THREAD. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

just cause he asked a question, he is all of a sudden a low life? many girls battle with this on the daily. It's good to talk about it so we ladies know how men feel about it and vice versa.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Tattooboy: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: AND THIS BULL Poo MADE THE FRONTPAGE when most of my post are deleted. Smh for all the eediots on nairaland including the OP sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
RIP @op: action speaks louder
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj: .

You are the one getting it twisted, because a girl asking a guy out is not beautiful thing to do!!!

*Hits him with a stick*

*He falls to the ground crying like a baby*

I was about to reply your dump comment, but Joeblis already did

Thanks Joeblis you saved me a whole lot of typing

*Pours pepper flavoured hot water on both of em* cheers! grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
jydeayanx: Gr8 comments NLers From my own perspective, it's actually the way u go abt it. U as a girl, u can actually spew it out that u like him, and it'll be alright, whereas u could jst show it in ur actions, and it could loose all hell! It's actually abt the pple involved, and the way u go abt it. Try to know the kind of person he is, so there won't be any misconception

thats what I think too. It depends on how you go about it and the people involved. Quite frankly, I think guys pretty much go through the same thing. Some guys are also scared of asking a girl out so its not a big deal for guys. which guy wants to get rejected? Bottom line, it depends on the mindset of the people. The girl needs to know the kind of guy she is dealing with. If na conservative/traditional guy then maybe not (I use these terms loosely).
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit:

B.I.T.C.H HOW ARE YOU?

wait what??! Are you high? how the heck you are you gonna call me that? I mean, from where though? Lol. Smh. Peace bro
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by probably: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
Its very ok to ask a guy out instead of dying in silence. But, if the lady isn't wat I want I no go gree ooo. I had a friend, much older than me (abt 10 yrs), she asked me out and we started dating. After a while she come tell me say she isn't getting yunger and she wants a child frm me. Usain Bolt would have been proud of me. I run no look back oooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
Egba girl:

wait what??! Are you high? how the heck you are you gonna call me that? I mean, from where though? Lol. Smh. Peace bro

Your afro, cheek, and teeth look attractive; can you ask me out?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit:

B.I.T.C.H HOW ARE YOU?

Why call the girl a b.itch? Some of you monkeys are the reason why naija men are being labeled as being backward..

You're a loser!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
hypeman:

Your afro, cheek, and teeth look attractive; can you ask me out?

hahahahahahahhahaha If I choose to ask a guy out, it would be someone I actually knew and had feelings for and a whole bunch of other things. sorry. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Egba girl:

hahahahahahahhahaha If I choose to ask a guy out, it would be someone I actually knew and had feelings for and a whole bunch of other things. sorry. smiley

And who said you can't get to know me? Feelings is a subconscious thing and knowing is relative to social networking..

Let's do this.. Show me what you've got, mama. wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
hypeman:

And who said you can't get to know me? Feelings is a subconscious thing and knowing is relative to social networking..

Let's do this.. Show me what you've got, mama. wink

LOL. not sure I agree with your definitions though.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by abysirius(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
I share Georgesylva's view. It's not wrong and shouldn't be a crime. However, it should be done with maturity and more importantly with wisdom. Everybody has a right to express his/her feelings. Or why should Ngozi be ashamed of telling me she's in love with me if I could easily do thesame with her. It's free world please...!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
Egba girl:

LOL. not sure I agree with your definitions though.

Just say you're shy, I can see it all over your smiley face. wink grin

So, can we make our convo private? wink lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by 9zeros(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
life_style: My Ex told me through her kid brother that she "love" me and we dated for more than 6 years. undecided

lay low!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by 9zeros(m): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
crusifis: for d first time, a girl asked me out, though it was on fone, and funny enof, after dat day, d babe number no go again (dont know if na d same shyness make her throway her phone)
hell yeah, u're rite!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by valdprof: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
I wish i knew u. I'd flaunt my masculine things around u till u jettison dat out of the way mentality of yours. Girls your type masturbate a lot behing the scene . I hate pretence
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by valdprof: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
janyj:

You can say whatever you like, everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you are saying all this nonsense for me to ask you out, then you must be dreaming grin grin grin. A man will treat a woman the way she wants to be treated, if you act cheap he will definitely treat you like a cheap girl, its up to the lady to decide.
i'm afraid u will have to find ur man in a month of sundays . I knw how to tantalise your type shaa
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by yemmy19(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
Culture-wise Ȋ̝̊̅†̥̥'s wrong,bt in dese modern days dere Ȋ̝̊̅§ freedom of xpression,where u CªИ̲̮̣̥̅̊ xpress ur feelings.in my own view,it's nt a wrong thng fø̲̣̣я̅ a girl to ask a guy out,if a girl feels for a guy let her walk up to him nd tell him,bt nt to a guy whom she knew his dating sumbodi else.I'v had two xperiences on dese issue
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by queensmith: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
You guys say this ,but it's equally unpleasant to women when men approach them Willy nilly, i can't think of anything more irritating than a complete stranger approaching you for romantic interest. I automatically assume men like that have aids. If you can be professing love to a stranger its obvious you have no limits.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Egbagirl(f): 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
queensmith: You guys say this ,but it's equally unpleasant to women when men approach them Willy nilly, i can't think of anything more irritating than a complete stranger approaching you for romantic interest. I automatically assume men like that have aids. If you can be professing love to a stranger its obvious you have no limits.

Ok. No one should be professing love to any stranger whether guy or girl. It should be to someone you know (and I dunno about the word love either). To be honest, the furthest I would go is tell a guy that I like him and only someone I'm comfortable with and I have known for a bit. It depends on the kind of relationship we already have. I'm not gonna walk up to some dude and be like " I like you. Can I have your no?". Thats pushing it for me. The "stranger thing" is a no-no for me.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by janyj: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
valdprof i'm afraid u will have to find ur man in a month of sundays . I knw how to tantalise your type shaa

SMHID undecided undecided undecided
It is guys like you that make jest of ladies when they ask you out, so you are saying moral values should be overlooked right? The truth is bitter you either take it or leave it

I knw how to tantalise your type shaa

What is that suppose to mean?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by yemmy19(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2012
queensmith: You guys say this ,but it's equally unpleasant to women when men approach them Willy nilly, i can't think of anything more irritating than a complete stranger approaching you for romantic interest. I automatically assume men like that have aids. If you can be professing love to a stranger its obvious you have no limits.

Nt to a stranger BU̶̲̥̅̊τ̅ to sumone she knws very much.on d other hand,its possible to c a person for d first time and admire d person,if she opens up,its nt bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From / Why Did Ladies Stopped Wearing This (pix). / Why Are You Still Single, Any Plan Of Setting Down Next Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.