Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? (14236 Views)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by kooto(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
To me I don,t think anything is wrong with a lady asking a guy out. personally i have experience that before; believe me It's one of the very few relationship that I cant forget I so much respected her for daring to come out with her feelings, any time I remember a. happy we dated; none regreted.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Dipwater(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
There is nothing wrong in asking a guy out .pls has anybody seen kels88 ,I am patiently waiting 4 her to toast me like a bread grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
valdprof: i'm afraid u will have to find ur man in a month of sundays . I knw how to tantalise your type shaa

Are you saying that guys always know where to find who to ask out. A lady may be cherishing to know a guy more and he won't know this. So no right for her to make this known to him abi? It's like in Islam, only men have the right to call for a divorce, or kids born by Egyptian women for foreign men are not Egyptians. What?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by chucky234(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Let me teach you how to ask a guy out indirectly.

First you should have a high self esteem, confidence and irresistable kiss kiss

Approach him and engage him in an interesting conversation...it can be anything..football, his shoes, his hair, color, race etc. Even if you dont know much about the topic, make him do the explanation part and you do the asking while maintaining a good posture and good level of self confident.

If he is interested in you, he will ask for your number and voila..you go from there.

You can also ask for it, there is no harm in that.

If he is not, just let him be and target another person that will respond to you.

This is a two way thing, be you woman or man, it works...trust me wink wink wink

So my dear, depend on the style used, it not wrong to ask a guy out!

Hmmm Baby toaster,you think every guy ask for a girl's number on first meeting? Go refine your tactics,too old school.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by chucky234(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Its a cool experience,I was lucky to have dated five girls who were bold enough to initiate the flame,dated three chicks in secondary school and two in the University and they were all great girls with great ambitions.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Wisdytech(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
2 me its nt a Bad deed! GIRLS PLS PROCEED...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Jaykizz(m): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
probably: Its very ok to ask a guy out instead of dying in silence. But, if the lady isn't wat I want I no go gree ooo. I had a friend, much older than me (abt 10 yrs), she asked me out and we started dating. After a while she come tell me say she isn't getting yunger and she wants a child frm me. Usain Bolt would have been proud of me. I run no look back oooo
HA! U just made me hit ma head on d floor afta burstin into lafta
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
IMHO,a gurl shud not ask a guy out....now guys b4 u attack me,listen to me ist.a lady askin a guy out in naija z more likely to b considered cheap.in civilized world(europe et al),its not a biggie but if u observe such relationships,its usually headed for doom.if y'all watched FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT where MILA KUNIS asked a guy out, afta jes a nyt of sex,d guy SNEAKED out and gave a useless excuse for the stuff not working out...its shows evn in foriegn countries,it myt b a normal thing but it doesnt rily guarantee a blissful relationships most of d tym.we guys chase gurls.we r adventurous.it myt not b wriiten anywia but thats how it is...GUYS proposes to gurls not the way other way round...GUYS seeks gurls hand in marriage not the other way round...for d ladies,nomata how crazy in love u r wt a guy, dont say it bluntly(IMHO) bt tru body signs and behavourial patterns like someone suggested b4...if a guy truly loves u(plus those that cant woo u ist cos they r shy), he wil see those signs and open up to u...i dated a gurl that wooed me openly cos i didnt hv the moral to tell her NO so that she wont feel hurt and dat relationship cudnt evn last a month...so pls ladies, show him the signs and if he doesnt reciprocate it,den he myt b blind enuf not to see d feelings or in most cases, doesnt love u...its a safer to avoid being considered CHEAP..but if u rily hv to express it pls make sure he z well mannered&matured(permit to use this word) so that he doesnt end up paintin ur name black.
My 5cents tho.i stand to b corrected
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Vicony4real(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2012
As recorded in Genesis the woman was made from man. This is one why I think the Girls have the right to go talk guys into...
Its not absurd!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by olulove(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
yeah she asked me out via text....i was sumhw into ha then...bt afta S3X...brrrrh...i'm nw 4c.kin pissed...though she stil dy 4m lv....bt i gat no filin 4 ha @ al
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 22, 2012
I have been asked out by a girl on more than two occasions.Date doesn't really prove we are going to stick together or the girl is just worthless. I think it is an opportunity to express oneself and could have come at the appropriate time when one knows that he is not seeing what she sees.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by odocity: 3:24am On Jun 22, 2012
it is not wrong 4 a girl to ask a guy out,it can be vice verser, if only there is true love between both of them.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by butpro(m): 9:46am On Jun 22, 2012
Take it or leave it, I am not that handsome, am in my late 20's, in my 20 something years of havin relationship, I can't remember askin a lady out for once! Cos, they always do! And have dated 6 ladies till this morning! And I don't bribe my way in to get their attention! Maybe my Celestial clan are always at work!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Jaykizz(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2012
I avnt seen Idowuogbo, Slimyem, Tashamania, Goldieluks, Rokiatu n Onila's comments on dis thread. Wetin apen guyz?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:05am On Jun 22, 2012
Smallville4live:

but there is this saying, Ladies first.
you cant apply that, when it comes to situations like this...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2012
Ranks007: Its very wrong wrong if she's ugly and somewhat right if she's cool, but on my end I'll thinking she want to give me aids if she's pretty!
Lmaooo...u r so funny!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by mrluve: 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
cindyrella:

Well I kinda agree with you, there really is nothing wrong in being blunt and telling a guy u like him and wants to be friends with him...
but I can't do it..
I am just too shy to walk up to a guy and say I wanna be friends with him... Where will I even start from?? embarassed
that means; if you like a guy , you continue to watch him leave while the guys you less like or don't like at all continue chasing you and you ll continue to be unhappy. How long will you continue to manage guys at the expense of ur happiness
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Stargirl36(f): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2012
Hahahahaha, very funny
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by kooto(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2012
I think it's chidish to say or think becouse a lady open up to you about her feeings for a guy makes are cheap, or after having sex with her you are pissed off, those you approached yourself that you had sex with maybe before her or after her, how many of them do you stick to? to me 'am still fond of her[though now no strings attached].
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by abysirius(m): 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
hypeman:

Just say you're shy, I can see it all over your smiley face. wink grin

So, can we make our convo private? wink lipsrsealed
hypeman:

hypeman:

Ekun! What are u up to?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
No...

I just don't know if I could.
I'd be too nervous. embarassed
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by notabarbie: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
Really just recently I walked up to a guy, I have seen him a couple of time n I get really exicted when I see him, so I summoned enough courage n went to meet him, asked for his no and exchanged bbm contact buh when we conversations I notice he is not excited n he is pretty boring. So I fink its best to be friends first to atleast know if you really do have crush on him cos really he may be a jerk.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
lol
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2012
Lord_Reed:

While it is not abnormal, women are better off being circumspect about how they act towards the opposite sex. A too friendly lady is usually seen as being 'loose' even if that is not the case and she ends up being treated as a common commodity because of that skewed perception. Ladies should treat themselves with self respect and the guys will follow suit.

If a lady has a inclination to a guy she should use her natural female coyness to attract his attention, mystery heightens the sense of chase for guys. Let the guy do the chasing but the girl should provide the impetus. Besides if a guy can't chase a lady I don't think he is worth her time.

speak for yourself Mr Man, i see women that cant speak for themselves as dullards and weak, if you wait for me to come and profess my feelings for you to accept, you seriously want me to believe you are in love with me? coincidence huh!! lol,

i wonder who believes those crap, if you have the feelings, come with it and i will take you serious, if you hide yours and i come, no matter how true, i most likely not gonna take you serious.

Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
ebamma: if u ask a naija guy out,he will be using u to leverage his pride,and will tell other girls who turn him down,that there is a girl who is even asking him out.

yea there are other girls to gossip your escapade with because you are probably in secondary school, dat opinion of yours count for Nothing
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: God created Man first, so therefore a Man must alwys make d move first! Nd again wt if d guy isnt interestd? Dt wud b shameful!!!

And less shameful for the Man if the girl is not interested? fish brain
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
lalaosky: IMHO,a gurl shud not ask a guy out....now guys b4 u attack me,listen to me ist.a lady askin a guy out in naija z more likely to b considered cheap.in civilized world(europe et al),its not a biggie but if u observe such relationships,its usually headed for doom.if y'all watched FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT where MILA KUNIS asked a guy out, afta jes a nyt of sex,d guy SNEAKED out and gave a useless excuse for the stuff not working out...its shows evn in foriegn countries,it myt b a normal thing but it doesnt rily guarantee a blissful relationships most of d tym.we guys chase gurls.we r adventurous.it myt not b wriiten anywia but thats how it is...GUYS proposes to gurls not the way other way round...GUYS seeks gurls hand in marriage not the other way round...for d ladies,nomata how crazy in love u r wt a guy, dont say it bluntly(IMHO) bt tru body signs and behavourial patterns like someone suggested b4...if a guy truly loves u(plus those that cant woo u ist cos they r shy), he wil see those signs and open up to u...i dated a gurl that wooed me openly cos i didnt hv the moral to tell her NO so that she wont feel hurt and dat relationship cudnt evn last a month...so pls ladies, show him the signs and if he doesnt reciprocate it,den he myt b blind enuf not to see d feelings or in most cases, doesnt love u...its a safer to avoid being considered CHEAP..but if u rily hv to express it pls make sure he z well mannered&matured(permit to use this word) so that he doesnt end up paintin ur name black.
My 5cents tho.i stand to b corrected

Another DSTV victim, so guys that ask women out and dump them the next morning are what exactly? make a logical connection between a lasting relationship and the initiator of the relationship or keep quiet.
archaic champion
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by LordReed(m): 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2012
jp philips:

Another DSTV victim, so guys that ask women out and dump them the next morning are what exactly? make a logical connection between a lasting relationship and the initiator of the relationship or keep quiet.
archaic champion

Dude there is nothing archaic about what he said. We all know that even now many men still look down on women who are "too forward", "too loose" or "too friendly". Any woman worth her salt better learn to balance things out lest she become a victim of her own charity.
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2012
jp philips:

And less shameful for the Man if the girl is not interested? fish brain
you need medical attention! M sure u r gay...cuz a real man wud never see dat as being shameful! Lizard brain!
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:46am On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Dude there is nothing archaic about what he said. We all know that even now many men still look down on women who are "too forward", "too loose" or "too friendly". Any woman worth her salt better learn to balance things out lest she become a victim of her own charity.
dnt mind d hediot...he is Gay...
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

how old are you again?
Re: Is It Wrong For Girl To Ask A Guy Out? by jpphilips(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2012
Becacia_Barbie:
you need medical attention! M sure u r gay...cuz a real man wud never see dat as being shameful! Lizard brain!

*forgiven* you will understand better on your 16th birthday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? / If God Is Willing To Make You A VIRGIN Again, Will You Accept? / Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.