Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

How To Write The Cover Letter That Wins You The Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Write The Cover Letter That Wins You The Interview (1799 Views)

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam? / How To Write A Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write The Cover Letter That Wins You The Interview by onlinewrit: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2007
Your cover letter is actually a sales letter selling you to your prospective employer. And for it to be effective it must hit the reader hard very quickly indicating you are the one they are looking for.

Because employers usually receive tons of responses to their adverts, if your cover letter fails to grab their attention in the few seconds they have to read it, it might end up in their trash can.

For your cover letter to be compelling you need to know what's strongly important to the employer as regards the job. What are the most important qualities the employer is looking for in the person they are seeking to employ.

Knowing these will help you to express yourself as having those qualities and presenting yourself to helping them fix the problem or create the solution they are in need of. Don't generalize, let your cover letter be specific to the job you are gunning for.

Cover letter writing skill is very important for a job seeker to develop because your cover letter may be your ticket to moving ahead and getting an interview if well done or it may be your dead-end to having an opportunity to prove yourself to the employer [if poorly written].

Below is a sample cover letter for online writing job. If you are interested in writing jobs online, such as writing articles for webmasters and earning hundreds of dollars monthly, visit http://www.onlinewritingopportunities.com for more cover letter samples.

Hi,

Thanks for your advert for content writers for your website. I am particularly excited about the prospect of writing for you because I can sense that my working for you will be greatly fun and rewarding to both of us.

I am an experienced writer with exceptional ability to research and write educative, enlightening, and entertaining pieces on different subjects and topics that would make your readers always coming back for more.

Above all, I have strong expertise in search engine optimization. That means the articles am going to be writing for you will be highly attractive to search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and MSN. And that would no doubt cause visitors to fload your site.

Also, believe me when I say I am extremely reliable to do your jobs and deliver as at when due; I am thorough and dedicated with my jobs and will give the job you will have for me a top priority.

Again I'm excited about this opportunity and eagerly hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards!

onlinewritingjobs

For writing jobs you can do from home and make hundreds of dollars monthly, visit http://www.onlinewritingopportunities.com

(1) (Reply)

************perfect Money And Bit-coin Adder************ / Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: / KPMG Or Exxonmobil ? Dilemna ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.