Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home (13660 Views)

The Actualization Of Biafra Will End Boko Haram -uwazuruike / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Godsave9ja: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=SimonAndal]Step 1: 2012, recall Igbos
Step 2: 2013, recall yorubas
Step 3: 2014, nationwide skirmishes
Step 4: 2014, eject Hausas from SE, SW
Step 5: 2014/15, mini upheavals/"war"
Step 6: 2015, SNC
Step 7: 2015, Sovereign Republic of Biafra, Oduduwa Republic
_
These shoulda been the 7-point agenda from the get go.[/quote

u dont tell the deaf that there is war.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
blumail:
So what do you suggest? I really want to hear from you? Thanks.

Well I may not have the best Idea about how such things could be handled.I know families that go back to their states of origin temporarily until peace is restored to the regions they left. of course people should not stay in violence torn regions so I would suggest that people should make calls for their relatives to move to relatively safer states or regions where they can afford the costs without much problems staying there or starting afresh, instead of the usual 'come back home or die up north' that most people say.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^ I realy weep for Nigeria . . .
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.
so are you saying they should sit and die with their investment, while you sit down comfortable in your house elsewhere writing rubbish from your computer. I wonder how we think in dis side of the world call Africa.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by xavier3g(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2012
adeibi: VERY URGENT!!!
Please I really need help on this.
In which other country can I renew my International Passport in the schengen region.
I'm presently in Austria and passports are not issued here.
Where can I get one within a short time.
Thanks.

And na only here you see to ask your mumu question abi undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Yes you said it well but now the question is what do you advice the people up there to do as the region is not conducieve for anyone.Should they stay and got killed or live those properties and save life first? Please your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Those WHO CAN AFFORD IT WITHOUT PROBLEMS should relocate to safer areas.As for the others mehn me sef no know o. They should just try to stay safe is all I can say. There are things they can do to minimize the chances of they being victims. It's just too complicated.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah:

Those WHO CAN AFFORD IT WITHOUT PROBLEMS should relocate to safer areas.As for the others mehn me sef no know o. They should just try to stay safe is all I can say. There are things they can do to minimize the chances of they being victims. It's just too complicated.

What are the things you can do to minimize chances?

1. Stay away from your church.

2. Denounce your religion

3. Dont go to school because they bomb schools

4 Dont go to markets

5. Dont stay at home. Because they attack homes

6. Avoid military installations because they attack militaru institutions

So what are the things you can do other than relocate?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
uihebom: so are you saying they should sit and die with their investment, while you sit down comfortable in your house elsewhere writing rubbish from your computer. I wonder how we think in dis side of the world call Africa.

Oga I live in Kano! My family has been here for donkey years. U don't get my point do you? In cases like this you can't JUST take decisions. You will have to weigh things out and move with THE BEST option, which of course varies with families and individuals and could also be very complex.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Tadup: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.
SSS
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
dayokanu:

What are the things you can do to minimize chances?

1. Stay away from your church.

2. Denounce your religion

3. Dont go to school because they bomb schools

4 Dont go to markets

5. Dont stay at home. Because they attack homes

6. Avoid military installations because they attack militaru institutions

So what are the things you can do other than relocate?

Oga mi I didn't say relocation is not an option, but what can you do when u can't relocate? e be like say u never see poor families before abi? Besides the picture you just painted above doesn't represent what the situation really is. I have been in Kano for a long time so I know what I am talking about.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by maigaskiya1: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: when them return home him go feed them
se dis glueton o
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
Tadup: SSS

what does this mean? States Security Service/ Selective Service System/ School and Students Services? which one? grin
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by tekasy: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Come whıch home?southeast!! Anywayz ı dıd left north to thıs southeast onıtsha and kıdnappers neva allowed me cruıse ma rıdes and leave freely as ı do ın the north... Mr uwazurıke fırst of all you guyz shld call all those touts to cautıon. B4 advısıng anyone to come over there.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by yohannazack(m): 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nwazurike or wat is he calld is notin but a coward. I wl alwayz miss sombody like ojukwu. When there was crisis in kano sometime ago. He told d ibos pple not to run to anywhere, but face their enemies dat they are nigerians too. Nobody shuld intimidate dem in anyway. Here comes a useless man calld nwazurieke callin dem to come back home as if he is goin to provide jobs fo them. Instead of him to attack dos hausas who are in d eastern part, he is openin his ogogoro mouth askin dem to com home, is he goin to feed them and their families. Nonsense man.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
tekasy: Come whıch home?southeast!! Anywayz ı dıd left north to thıs southeast onıtsha and kıdnappers neva allowed me cruıse ma rıdes and leave freely as ı do ın the north... Mr uwazurıke fırst of all you guyz shld call all those touts to cautıon. B4 advısıng anyone to come over there.

Choose one Kidnappers or Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by jason123: 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
tekasy: Come whıch home?southeast!! Anywayz ı dıd left north to thıs southeast onıtsha and kıdnappers neva allowed me cruıse ma rıdes and leave freely as ı do ın the north... Mr uwazurıke fırst of all you guyz shld call all those touts to cautıon. B4 advısıng anyone to come over there.

Come down to the SS or SW. Choose any and you'll be fine!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by jason123: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
yohanna zack: Nwazurike or wat is he calld is notin but a coward. I wl alwayz miss sombody like ojukwu. When there was crisis in kano sometime ago. He told d ibos pple not to run to anywhere, but face their enemies dat they are nigerians too. Nobody shuld intimidate dem in anyway. Here comes a useless man calld nwazurieke callin dem to come back home as if he is goin to provide jobs fo them. Instead of him to attack dos hausas who are in d eastern part, he is openin his ogogoro mouth askin dem to com home, is he goin to feed them and their families. Nonsense man.

O boy, don't stay and fight any useless fight. If you do, you will just die over nothing! A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by rinora(f): 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

You mean we should all try to make our families dysfunctional ?

Bros,it doesnt mean,the family is dysfuctional,it means we can accomdate one another's differences,its called unity in diversity
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by OneNaira6: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2012

So now you are an Igbo residing up north, before you weren't Igbo and in another thread about Igbos up north, was it not you that said the following " wat r igbo's still doing down north, nawaaooo all for just money!"
https://www.nairaland.com/950029/tension-adamawa-igbo-traders-protest/1#10957451

Some of you fake wannabe need to seriously get a life.

Anyway at thread
Uwazuruike and any other Igbo that still have empathy for Igbo up north is a fool in my opinion. If dem wan die, let them die. Shikena. The smart ones left and arrived to Enugu, Anambra, even Asaba self, re-started their business and from what I hear, they are enjoying everything life wan give am. Some went to Calabar. Nobody can say Igbo did not try to save those up north, the ones that took the opportunity when Igbo down south still had empathy and want to save them were the smart one because they value their lives over anything else. Stop wasting una time trying to caution 1diots. Let them stay jare. I for one stopped shedding even a single tear whenever I see an Igbo name among the list of BH victims now-a-days.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by queensmith: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Right, so are they going to give them money and work if they come home? Is there money work and homes waiting for them?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by lacasa: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Massob!! This group shouldn't be in existence in the 1st place.

Nigeria, a place where its own enemies get mouth

grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Pakavy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
dayokanu:

So what do you suggest? They stay back and get killed?
no let dem stay and fyt
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pakavy: no let dem stay and fyt

Bros Can you share just 2 ways you can fight suicide bombers that attack church, schools, Markets etc

If a man wearing jeans and Tshirt enters the church, University, Shop etc with bomb in his underwear/undershirt how do you protect yourself?

Maybe those in the North can learn from you
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dont8(m): 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

You mean we should all try to make our families dysfunctional ?
How is not choosing one's parents religion disfunctional?
Now, God saves you if you ever profess any other religion in Hausa apart from Islam or you choose Islam over christianity in Iboland.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by gerald28: 9:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
adeibi: VERY URGENT!!!
Please I really need help on this.
In which other country can I renew my International Passport in the schengen region.
I'm presently in Austria and passports are not issued here.
Where can I get one within a short time.
Thanks.

Can you contact me
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by item1: 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
Anyone remaining in KADUNA, YOBE, JOS and KANO has already committed suicide
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by mimifonwon(f): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Igbos and Yorubas are N.OT the only people in Nigeria.

we know but they make up more than 60 percent of the population, so yeah majority rule. But in any case i am tired of people telling igbos and yoruba to leave the north, abi the north no be part of nigeria?, i beg i no go go if i was them, so i can leave my businesses and properties just because some mugu feels like committing suicide via bombing, i will shoot him before he does, thats why if i lived in the north i would keep a gun handy.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nnpc4g: 10:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: when them return home him go feed them

Returning home and risking it are two dangerous kind. However, one is more palliative than the other.
So, a normal person should weigh between two similar like situation and make decision. Though, the Eze Igbo has spoken,
they still have to decide. Its more of individual and also more of tribal interest.
The killers do not want you in their place because you voted a Christian as president.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by dayokanu(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
mimifonwon:

we know but they make up more than 60 percent of the population, so yeah majority rule. But in any case i am tired of people telling igbos and yoruba to leave the north, abi the north no be part of nigeria?, i beg i no go go if i was them, so i can leave my businesses and properties just because some mugu feels like committing suicide via bombing, i will shoot him before he does, thats why if i lived in the north i would keep a gun handy.

How would you know someone thats coming to blow your church or would you shoot everyone you come accross?

Boko haram no dey write am for face
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by chuksbogus: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
all those our brothers there shld be killed and fried.they shld know dat no matter how sweet a place is home is home. Instead of making d money there and coming home to invest.in a situation like dis they would have just carried their bags home knowing dat their investment is at home.but now they went there developing their place for them ,building expensive houses, markets etc,some of them dont even have houses at home,so to live that place home empry handed becomes difficult for them,despite d fact dat dis is not d first or d third time d northerners have killed and destroy their properties yet dey did not learn.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Yujin(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2012
Good call by Uwazuruike. However, this should be for women, children and the faint-hearted (boys and old men). The SE governors should make plans for accomodating a large number of people around their major towns and cities. The able-bodied men should join forces with the indigenous christians (where such exists) and take the battle to the gates of the enemies. Where there are no or barely few indigenous christians, they should totally abandon camp. The situation is about to get worse. Arm yourselves while you can FG CANNOT PROTECT YOU. It was destined to be because when the gods want to destroy a dog, they relieve it of its sense of smell. SNC or CATASTROPHY.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nyabingi(m): 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2012

I strongly disagree with you, Uwazurioke peaks to his kinsmen in the north therefore leaders of other ethnic groups can also follow suite truth be told whenever violence erupts in the north it is the igbos that are primary targeted, I grew up in the north and know what i talk about this is not about being sentiment in fact it was an hausa friend that advised my family to relocate because of according to him there was a grand plot by northern elites to wipe out the igbo race and subsequently all christian in Nigeria. Relocating to the east will not bring hardship rather it will create more opportunity for economic prosperity just that it would take time because, commercial activities that accelerates development and the people from the eastern part of the country are known to engage in different ventures of commercial endeavors, even if Nigeria break up tomorrow the east will develop fast because currently there in little or no federal presence in there so let other tribes think of better ways to protect their own!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof. Simon Ortuanya Sworn In As Director Gen. Of S/east Governors Forum / Southern Senators Begin Confab / 16 Arrested Ipob Women Appear Before Owerri Magistrate Court(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.