Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home (13672 Views)

The Actualization Of Biafra Will End Boko Haram -uwazuruike / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by PeterKbaba: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
rinora:

Bros,it doesnt mean,the family is dysfuctional,it means we can accomdate one another's differences,its called unity in diversity

God bless you brother... This message is for those that read. We are all in a world of Matrix, were supremacy rules, winner takes all. Those rulling this world are using religion as a tool. The Europeans and Arab nations are playing Africa like a chess game, using Christianity and Islam. Religion never existed, the bible and koran is meant to teach people the laws of God, how God wants us to leave our daily lives, but the whites are using it to divide and conquer Africa.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by mekaboy(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
ARE IGBOS THE ONLY CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT UWAZURIKE, SHOULD CALL FOR NIGERIANS TO UNITE OR CALL CHRISTIANS TO UNITE AND FIGHT THIS BOKO HARAM MADNESS. NOT TO MAKE A SENSELESS CALL TO TELL IGBOS TO COME BACK. ANY IGBO MAN IN THE NORTH HAS A REASON TO BE THERE ITS NOT LIKE THEY WENT TO PLAY .

ARE THEY SAYING NON MUSLIMS SHOULD LEAVE THE NORTH FOR BOKO HARAM ?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by smylzat: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
yes you all have spoken well.... But look at it like these ...is it not better for the men to send home their wife and children ? If not y shuld a man run from his problems because of a probability..relax my nigerians lets face these problems....
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by olaheavy: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hell, no! Yoruba are not forming anything with the Igbos. You leave the North go all the way to the East. Don't even try to tarry in the West otherwise the Boko Haram's saga will be a child's play! We're even trying to eject the r.e.tarded millions that here in the West. Let the Igbos sit back in their Biafran hellholes to 'develop' it.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nyabingi(m): 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
mekaboy: ARE IGBOS THE ONLY CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT UWAZURIKE, SHOULD CALL FOR NIGERIANS TO UNITE OR CALL CHRISTIANS TO UNITE AND FIGHT THIS BOKO HARAM MADNESS. NOT TO MAKE A SENSELESS CALL TO TELL IGBOS TO COME BACK. ANY IGBO MAN IN THE NORTH HAS A REASON TO BE THERE ITS NOT LIKE THEY WENT TO PLAY .

ARE THEY SAYING NON MUSLIMS SHOULD LEAVE THE NORTH FOR BOKO HARAM ?

HOW LONG SHALL WE KEEP ON CALLING FOR PEACE WHILE PEOPLE ARE KILLED ALMOST EVERYDAY IN THE NAME OF RELIGION AND ETHNIC DIFFERENCE, CHECK THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA HAVE WE AVER BEEN IN PEACE SINCE INDEPENDENCE? THAT TELLS YO THAT THE COUNTRY WAS A MERE COSMETICS MAKE UP BY THE BRITISH FOR EASY STEALING OF RESOURCES, WE KEEP AVOIDING THE OBVIOUS THAT WE ARE MADE UP OF DIFFERENT NATIONS, CULTURES, IDEOLOGIES AND WAYS OF LIFE THEREFORE FOR US TO LIVE TOGETHER THERE MST BE SOME SORT OF AGREEMENTS ON THE BASIS OF OUR COLLECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL COEXISTENCE, IT WILL NOT BE A BAD OMEN IF NIGERIA BREAKS UP, IT HAS WORKED FOR OTHERS OUR CASE WILL NOT BE DIFFERENT!!!

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by olaheavy: 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hell, no! Yoruba are not forming anything with the Igbos. You leave the North go all the way to the East. Don't even try to tarry in the West otherwise the Boko Haram's saga will be a child's play! We're even trying to eject the r.e.tarded millions that here in the West. Let the Igbos sit back in their Biafran hellhole to 'develop' it.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nyabingi(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2012
olaheavy: Hell, no! Yoruba are not forming anything with the Igbos. You leave the North go all the way to the East. Don't even try to tarry in the West otherwise the Boko Haram's saga will be a child's play! We're even trying to eject the r.e.tarded millions that here in the West. Let the Igbos sit back in their Biafran hellhole to 'develop' it.

On point im with you here even when yor tone is more like a hatred for the igbos that have developed your lazy ass homes for you, im of the opinion that the igbos go home and develop their own rather thatn doing for people who don't appreciate!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Jeze: 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
@ekwah
Do well to think properly before put comments on this web site. Just a piece of advice.
I believed u went to the University in Nigeria? In ur university days when cultist are fight did u normally stay back and still attend classes. Believe me u go fly leave sch.and what will ur parent advice u? They would tell u to come home fast abi. I have witness Warri crises and cult fight b4 na WAR.So, what Uwazurike dey talk na the real advice from a father to a son. U get ear make e hear with am oh.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Goldcon: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
nyabingi:

I strongly disagree with you, Uwazurioke peaks to his kinsmen in the north therefore leaders of other ethnic groups can also follow suite truth be told whenever violence erupts in the north it is the igbos that are primary targeted, I grew up in the north and know what i talk about this is not about being sentiment in fact it was an hausa friend that advised my family to relocate because of according to him there was a grand plot by northern elites to wipe out the igbo race and subsequently all christian in Nigeria. Relocating to the east will not bring hardship rather it will create more opportunity for economic prosperity just that it would take time because, commercial activities that accelerates development and the people from the eastern part of the country are known to engage in different ventures of commercial endeavors, even if Nigeria break up tomorrow the east will develop fast because currently there in little or no federal presence in there so let other tribes think of better ways to protect their own!!

ta! make I hear word. which Igbos are directly targeted? For Sabon gari wey Igbos plenty for Kano, Riots don ever reach there before? Or for the other northern states? U people keep making unfounded claims. Na only una be humanbeings? wetin dey worry u sef? angry It seems like you have been completely blinded by a most unrealistic quest to create a sovereign state for your tribe. Oga no be so life be at all. You even sounded so sure about opportunities as if you are the one creating them. Make I hear word jare! Please speak with wisdom oga mi, your comment above painted a picture of a very short-sighted person. If it was that easy WHY will the people STILL CHOOSE TO remain in the middle of the bombings? na foolishness?? NO! After all na condition dey make crayfish bend!!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by informatix: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Our brothers(Igbos) are safer in North. Hausa and igbos na God join us na Only em fit seprate us. NOT yorubas Ameobo and NOT cheap propaganda by Clown Uwazuruike(NO disrespect).lol. I dont know whos footprint uwazuruike is following Ikemba never asked Igbos to come home. Igbos knew their enemies(boko animals). If igbos leave North whose gonna run our economy? It is d ameobos from SW?.an ordinary Hausa man has nothing against igbos. Since after the 66war igbos were living in peace in North this is a temporary setback which we will be solved "end to boko is visible" GEJ. Ijeoma.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by mrperfect(m): 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
We need peace and unity in Nigeria, let preach it.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nyabingi(m): 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah:

ta! make I hear word. which Igbos are directly targeted? For Sabon gari wey Igbos plenty for Kano, Riots don ever reach there before? Or for the other northern states? U people keep making unfounded claims. Na only una be humanbeings? wetin dey worry u sef? angry It seems like you have been completely blinded by a most unrealistic quest to create a sovereign state for your tribe. Oga no be so life be at all. You even sounded so sure about opportunities as if you are the one creating them. Make I hear word jare! Please speak with wisdom oga mi, your comment above painted a picture of a very short-sighted person. If it was that easy WHY will the people STILL CHOOSE TO remain in the middle of the bombings? na foolishness?? NO! After all na condition dey make crayfish bend!!

OK OGA WHERE U IN KANO DURING THE MAITATSINE RIOT IN THE CITY, WHAT ABOURT THE REINHARD BONKEE KILLINGS, DID YOU VISIT BRIGADE, BOMPAI, RIJIYA LEMO, KURA, NAIBAWA TUDUN WADA, HAMADIYA LINE JUST TO MENTION A FEW, THESE PLACES WITNESSED THE MASACRE OF NON INDIGENS MAJORITY BEING IGBO, THEY COULD NOT PENETRATE SABON GARI COS THE IGBO TRADERS CHOSE TO FIGHT TO DEATH TO PROTECT THEIR BUSINESSESM WE ESCAPED LIVING OUER PROPERTIES AT BRIGADE WHEN HAUSA YOUTHS KILL HOUE TO HOUSE!!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
@nyabingi

I guess you would say those Igbos who are muslims up North are not part of your own definition of an Igbo man right? The reason why I am annoyed is I keep seeing really annoying posts here on nairaland and else where about 'Igbos should come back home'. Why are u guys sooo tribalistic Must you tribalize everything?? Mtcheew I am so pisssed off mehn. angry This same tribalism has costs us so much in this country and people like you are not willing to part with it. "'The Igbos should come home', we care-less about the other 'tribes' right? Just see people as fellow human beings for once.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Yeske2(m): 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
dont8: If only other ethnic groups can be like Yorubas, father traditionalist, mother christianity, children muslims and they live in peace and harmony.
Excellent but not in the north.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
nyabingi:

OK OGA WHERE U IN KANO DURING THE MAITATSINE RIOT IN THE CITY, WHAT ABOURT THE REINHARD BONKEE KILLINGS, DID YOU VISIT BRIGADE, BOMPAI, RIJIYA LEMO, KURA, NAIBAWA TUDUN WADA, HAMADIYA LINE JUST TO MENTION A FEW, THESE PLACES WITNESSED THE MASACRE OF NON INDIGENS MAJORITY BEING IGBO, THEY COULD NOT PENETRATE SABON GARI COS THE IGBO TRADERS CHOSE TO FIGHT TO DEATH TO PROTECT THEIR BUSINESSESM WE ESCAPED LIVING OUER PROPERTIES AT BRIGADE WHEN HAUSA YOUTHS KILL HOUE TO HOUSE!!

Big lie about the population of Igbos in these areas!! How many Igbos even stay in Brigade as compared to Igala/Yoruba How many stay in Bompai which is mainly an industrial area besides the police barracks there? Are there more Igbos than Yorubas in Tudun Wada or Hamadiyya? The only place we have MORE Igbos is Sabon Gari with a very close number of Yorubas too. All the other aforementioned areas have been attacked and all Christians were attacked. There's nothing like 'the Hausa man wants to wipe out the Igbo race'. Lets face the fact please.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Yeske2(m): 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2012
tekasy: Come whıch home?southeast!! Anywayz ı dıd left north to thıs southeast onıtsha and kıdnappers neva allowed me cruıse ma rıdes and leave freely as ı do ın the north... Mr uwazurıke fırst of all you guyz shld call all those touts to cautıon. B4 advısıng anyone to come over there.
Don't tell me it's the same Onitsha where i reside or forever STFU.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by informatix: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah:

we never pray for whats happening in Kano. Igbos are well in Military protection in sabon gari. Under heavy security sabongari have never gotten protection in the history of kano like Now during GEJ. That is what gives the igbos confidence to stay. The only problem is insecurity is affecting business and checkpoints are now reduced due to igbo pressure on the state government kano have a special advicer to the governor on Igbo matters.have a nice day.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by nyabingi(m): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekwah:

Big lie about the population of Igbos in these areas!! How many Igbos even stay in Brigade as compared to Igala/Yoruba How many stay in Bompai which is mainly an industrial area besides the police barracks there? Are there more Igbos than Yorubas in Tudun Wada or Hamadiyya? The only place we have MORE Igbos is Sabon Gari with a very close number of Yorubas too. All the other aforementioned areas have been attacked and all Christians were attacked. There's nothing like 'the Hausa man wants to wipe out the Igbo race'. Lets face the fact please.

It simply means that you are either being unrealistic or obviously dodging the fact, if trully u lived or still living in Kano then you will know that Igbos in their majority lived in these places before the Reunhard Bonlkee riot in the 90's before relocating to Sabon Gari where they consider safe even the Igalas, yorubas and other tribes also follow suit, my uncle was butchered in tudun wadam im not making this up!!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by ITbomb(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2012
I beg to disagree, MASSOB should send reinforcement to Igbos up there
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by mabcos: 1:17am On Jun 22, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
True, but they're two of the three most visible ethnicities. I'm generalising. Geddit?
...SO MANY REPUBLICS ARE GOING TO B FORMED AS NO MATER HOW SMALL, MANY ETHNIC GROUP WILL NEVER ALLOW THEMSELVES TO B SHADOWED BY D IGBOS.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 22, 2012
mabcos: ...SO MANY REPUBLICS ARE GOING TO B FORMED AS NO MATER HOW SMALL, MANY ETHNIC GROUP WILL NEVER ALLOW THEMSELVES TO B SHADOWED BY D IGBOS.

I guess its better to be SHADOWED by the bombs of the hausa/fulani muslims

Good luck to those ethnic groups, their days are numbered. . .
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2012
My point is instead of digging into tribalism, why don't we keep it aside and relate to people solely as individuals? There can never be any fast paced development in any region where people live as ethnic bigots.No nation can function well when people focus on the least important things such as individuals' tribes.

@nyabingi
Sorry that happened, but the point still remains: all Christians were attacked, my dad escaped death by luck too. The riot was against Christians and not the Igbo tribe. If more of them were killed then does that mean that the Hausas swore to eliminate the Igbos? Common. undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 22, 2012
SimonAndal: Step 1: 2012, recall Igbos
Step 2: 2013, recall yorubas
Step 3: 2014, nationwide skirmishes
Step 4: 2014, eject Hausas from SE, SW
Step 5: 2014/15, mini upheavals/"war"
Step 6: 2015, SNC
Step 7: 2015, Sovereign Republic of Biafra, Oduduwa Republic
_
These shoulda been the 7-point agenda from the get go.

And in that your Step 7 which way will the Niger-Delta/Ijaws go? :/

They got big guns now too you know. Plus, theyve tasted what power feels like. . . . . just asking for a friend o
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by yyb14: 5:58am On Jun 22, 2012
ekwah: I think what some people have forgotten is that there are more than three tribes in Nigeria. The north is not made up of only Hausas/Ibos/Yorubas and besides I see Uwazurike's call as very unreasonable. It's easy to ask people to leave the north but it's not practical. So many southerners have already been established up there for a loooong time now. People have come and had families, businesses, built houses (life is cheaper up there) and soo many other things. You can't just pack and leave all what you have been doing for decades now u know. Will Uwazurike provide jobs for the relocating families or schools for the kids or even houses for them. It's not as simple as people see it and believe me Nigerians have become more inter-woven with each other such that a separation of this nation can only be mentioned on paper.Think about all the different inter-tribal marriages that have happened between Southerners and people from Tribes like Idoma, Igala,Jukun, Tiv,natives of Jos, Gombe,, Bauchi, Niger and a lot other people. Uwazurike and many other people are treating this case as if it was just black and white, which is just wrong.
most sensible comment
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Kpakam(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2012
A Lot Is Expected Of Him,After The Demise Of Ojukwu,The Mantle Have Fallen On Him,He Is Only Trying To Act In That Capacity
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Humptydumpty(f): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
Its true dat Nigerians accepted diversity 4rm d on set n two so called foreign religions dat blindfolded us! Since our low mentality has made us be so unreasonable in killin our brothers,bombin,suicidal etc Its not easy 4 someone 2leave wat he or she has been suferin 4 all his/her life but in dis climax of killins n bombins decisions must be made either4 Igbos2 com2 East n live or stay in d North n die! A good decision is2 gather d tins u can,GEJ/Uwazuruike must mak sure dat provisions are made4 dese Igbos unprepared home-coming.There must be provisons4 continous studies 4students,works 4workers,compensations 4lost properties/homes where dey will settle2 avoid futher calamities!
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by rayamayo: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2012
''The North has become too harsh for Igbo and their businesses. We need a rethink of this Nigeria project.”-this is true. it is time for the southerners to leave the norherners on their own so as to be able to live in peace.it is clear notherners moslems do not beleive in one Nigeria unless the whole Nigeria is islamised. such will never happen.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by noiseless: 8:15am On Jun 22, 2012
Wonders shall never end they say, how come most of the posters here except one, two or few more who could even be fake IDs are commenting without the nigerian factor, even those who will normally claim that there is no religious killings anywhere in the north are actually encouraging none muslims up north to do something about their safety, WOW! whats going on?
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 22, 2012
Has Massob solved the problem of kidnapping and armed robbery in the east ? It's going to be like ''from frying pan to fire '' if ibos in the north really come back to the east.
Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by noiseless: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2012
If you are really who and what you say you are then you must agree with me that instead of getting upset with Uwazurike or attacking anyone for calling only his Igbo brothers/sis leave killing zone nomatter the material loses, you, my dear has a duty as well to tell or campaign for other none muslims to be represented too by either attacking their leaders or calling on them to be vocal at least. Any muslim convert can choose to stay back as he/she has already done the first thing boko haram demands which is islamization anyway, By the way are you one of the islamized ones?. Thanks.
ekwah:

Re: Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home by noiseless: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2012
No one brought this on him/herself but desperate time requires desperate messures and it's called taking a very tough decisions in the face of death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi: I Never Said Government Has Been Printing Money Since 2015 / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.