Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395623 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jiro(f): 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
Pls I need your prayers I'm ill and have been admitted into the hospital. My husband and sisters are insisting on introducing formula to my lo. I'm not comfortable with the idea. I have a very good supply of bossom milk and I insist that during the day my baby is with me in the hospital and I breast feed him althrough the day at night I express 2 260ml bottles and send it home with him as there are a lot of mosquitoes here and I don't want him exposed to malaria. my husband says I'm ill cos of the ebf and stress of looking after my lo as I've refused any help with him. He says he'll introduce formula and my sisters have given him their support. I don't know what to do. I feel I'm well enough to continue with ebf but all attempts at convincing them have failed. I need to get out of the hospital ASAP so pls u ppl should pray for a speedy recovery for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
Witty07: Please help. My 3 weeks old baby girl has this rash on her buttocks side. What can be done please.

It might be a reaction to the diaper, once experienced that with my boy, doctors prescribed antifungal cream mycoten, and it worked.

@jiro
Wishin u speedy recovery, please try as much as possible to take care of yourself so you can be there for your child. Taking care of babies is not easy at all, it can't be done single-handedly. If your husband offers to help with the baby once in a while, let him, it'll relieve you of d stress.
Perhaps you can get the doctors to convince your husband and sisters you're well enough to breastfeed and express. If you're not, then it'll be better you get your rest and let them start him on the formula.
May God lay His healin hands on you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
@witty07, take ur baby to a dermatologist ASAP! Jiro,u need all d help u cn get,don't reject any, what wouldn't I give to have help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by makivy(f): 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mummies, How can i serve purity apple/ purity carrot 2 my 6mnth angel am i going to add it 2 his cereal or add water to make it juicy and serve. Urgent response pls.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^ You just feed him directly, no need to mix with anything. You can either empty the contents of the jar into her bowl or warm it directly in d jar. My lil boy loved d apple/cereal one grin, the egg custard isn't so bad either.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 7:25am On Mar 10, 2013
happy mothers day
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hello mommies, happy mother's day to us all, to the glory of God, my 10 star general will be one on the first of next month, my issue is that she wakes up uncountable times to suckle, now, I'm trying to wean her, how do I go about it?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
ayobarmy: There is no thought that babies are indeed bundle of joy, but sometime we mothers/fathers face so many challenges raising our kids, so i want us to use this avenue to discuss any issue concerning them(our kids) here!!!!!! For example, my 8weeks old boy sleeps only 6 hours @ night but seems to enjoy more time sleeping during the day, but i must confess am not too happy about it at all, but what every1 is saying its normal.......... Nairalanders Is this normal?
my baby is three months now and she is skinny and am doing exclusive without water pls help me what wil i be eating to help my baby to add body pls help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revelation2013(m): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Julicoka, is she suckn enuf milk, if she's not, then u can give vitamin bco syrup, but i ll still want u 2 inform ur doctor
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soapdish(f): 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hello mommas and daddas in the house, please can I mix shea butter in my chidren's cream. I have a two year old and a two week old. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ Soapdish, most people mix shea butter with other things like baby cream, glycerine, coconut oil etc because of the fragrance. Unrefined shea butter does not have any fragrance so if u're particular about your baby's scent, u cod mix it. I use it like that, unrefined on my six weeks babies skin and I must say the result is fantastic as compared to other baby's product like Johnson and Sebamed that I used prior to shea butter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 2:52am On Mar 12, 2013
julicoka: my baby is three months now and she is skinny and am doing exclusive without water pls help me what wil i be eating to help my baby to add body pls help

Your baby's weight might be an hereditary thing. As long as you're eating a balanced diet, taking plenty of warm fluid ( tea, pap etc) and she's sucking properly, then there should be nothing to worry about. If she isn't, then u can do as revelation 2013 suggested.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soapdish(f): 6:51am On Mar 12, 2013
Thank you @ Blendy. I intend using it only @ night for them, thanx. My regards to your boys.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afrobaby(f): 10:08am On Mar 12, 2013
Hi , mothers in the house I changed my baby's formula from sma gold to gerber 0-12 months, though I still give her sma gold at times, but more of gerber formula, just wanna ask if it is wrong, thx

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 12, 2013
mak_ivy: Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do.

Do you bath your baby yourself??while bathing him,Make his bathing water hot like the one you use on a newborn,Dab it with a bathing foam and drop on his anus while holding it apart.Do this severally,most babies will excrete immediately or few minutes after the hot shower.It works well if you get it right,atleast it works for my babies perfectly.The water must be hot enough to make him cringe a little without hurting him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amivel(f): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
ayobarmy: Thanks @dom, what if i missed it with pap for him? About the heat, we were giving soap and cream on his last visit to the phc and it work wonders
. Pls i need help as fast as possible my baby has eczema what can i ues just 7 weeks old what cream and soap did U̶̲̥̅̊ use for u̲̅я baby thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amivel(f): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
mak_ivy: Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do.
since is ebf U̶̲̥̅̊ need to take a lot of vegetables to soften his poo is like U̶̲̥̅̊ take a lot of carbohydrate that's y ugu laef and efor together then when U̶̲̥̅̊ wake up in D̶̲̥̅̊ moni first thing try and drink a lot of water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amivel(f): 12:38am On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=mak_ivy]Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do. [/quot buy orange and squeeze and drink it an eat the inside it helps too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2013
Hi friends, how are you all doing?

I have just been adviced by a friend on giving cod liver oil to my baby, she is 3 months now. Who knows how good this is? I hear it helps with cold and brain development because of the omega 3 it contains. Plenty advice needed. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
corrall: Hi friends, how are you all doing?

I have just been adviced by a friend on giving cod liver oil to my baby, she is 3 months now. Who knows how good this is? I hear it helps with cold and brain development because of the omega 3 it contains. Plenty advice needed. Thank you.

Giving cod liver oil is very good for babies. The issue is the dosage. It is very easy to overdose for babies. So, my doctor recommended me taking the supplement and breastfeeding the baby. For my older son, i started giving him Abidec with omega 3 and 6 from 1 year cos the dose was regulated. Also, be careful of the quality of cod liver cos some contain mercury which is very damaging for an adult not to mention, babies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
[quote author=revelation2013]Julicoka, is she suckn enuf milk, if she's not, then u can give vitamin bco syrup, but i ll still want u 2 inform ur doctor[/quote @revelation thanks,am giving her abidec everyday her birth weight is 3kg and now she is 3months she weigh 5.4kg i dot know if she is improving at her age.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hello mums in d house. I have a two week old baby and he had rashes on his head and neck. I am presently using sheabutter. Pls wat else can I use to clear off d rashes? I heard abt coconut oil mixed wit shea butter, pls hw effective is dis nd where can I get it in abuja? M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby is on EBF nd he sucks very well while am always hungry nd I try to eat well but am losing weight. Wat can I do or eat to help me not to lose much weight cos I wonder wat I will look like in six months time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
@Demmykay, don't apply anythg on ur baby's face just let it be and it will disappear same way it appeared. One of my boys had same rashes at 3wks and I almost went crazy thinking he was reacting to something or maybe it was heat rashes. When I eventually met a ped, she asked me to use sudocream and it became really worst as it extended to his neck as well so I started researching it online and discovered from foreign sites that its an hormonal problem that clears on its own. So I stopped the sudocream and the rash cleared up in 3 days. U can google rashes on babies face and u'll see several write up on it. Keep using the ori and his bathing soap only
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
Sobs, my baby hhas been placed on antibiotic injection and oral again because she has an infected rash. Poor girl, Has been through a lot lately. Pls remember us in your prayers.Shes just 5months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arebey: 6:40am On Mar 15, 2013
My baby is 3 weeks and one of her nip*le is hard(something like tumor) pls what can i use for her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:52am On Mar 15, 2013
Arebey: My baby is 3 weeks and one of her nip*le is hard(something like tumor) pls what can i use for her.

Why don't you take to see the ped...just praying its not something serious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Blendy77: @Demmykay, don't apply anythg on ur baby's face just let it be and it will disappear same way it appeared. One of my boys had same rashes at 3wks and I almost went crazy thinking he was reacting to something or maybe it was heat rashes. When I eventually met a ped, she asked me to use sudocream and it became really worst as it extended to his neck as well so I started researching it online and discovered from foreign sites that its an hormonal problem that clears on its own. So I stopped the sudocream and the rash cleared up in 3 days. U can google rashes on babies face and u'll see several write up on it. Keep using the ori and his bathing soap only

I used coconut oil for my girl when she had that rash, it probably went on its own, but it cleared after a little while. I still use coconut oil on her body. But for diaper rash, I use agnesia powder...it works wonders.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2013
blank:

Giving cod liver oil is very good for babies. The issue is the dosage. It is very easy to overdose for babies. So, my doctor recommended me taking the supplement and breastfeeding the baby. For my older son, i started giving him Abidec with omega 3 and 6 from 1 year cos the dose was regulated. Also, be careful of the quality of cod liver cos some contain mercury which is very damaging for an adult not to mention, babies.

Thanks for the info babes...giving her 2.5mg a day...I got the one for babies...with some orange flavored thingy...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shirleyz: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
@witty07, take the baby to a dermatologist as someone sugguested, but apart from that try and use sudocrem for ur babys butt on a daily basis. That is what I use for my own baby and it has helped in preventing all these redness on the bum area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.