Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399948 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Happychildlove(f): 8:02pm On May 22, 2018
Good evening mothers, pls is it safe for a breastfeeding mother to take this?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 8:09pm On May 22, 2018
Good evening mama's. Please I need your help, DS fell down on Sunday, and cried a lot. Afterwards I noticed his head was warm I gave him Panda para syrup. @night I bath him and wore him his sleepsuit (pino-pino) noticed he was restless, he suddenly became clingy and was just crying always carrying his legs up, I managed to put him to sleep which he woke serverally, by morning wen i wanted to bath him I saw red dots all over his 2palms and sole of his feet, and it was scratching him. By evening some of the rashes got bigger and had blisters, haven't seen these b4, no new food, I can't just place my hands on wat coukd cos these kind of rashes.went to hospital they gave me a drug and cream, and no visible change. Really don't know wat else I can do, some are coming to his hands. Please who know what dis is, abeg no waka pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:40pm On May 22, 2018
lululuv:
Good evening mama's. Please I need your help, DS fell down on Sunday, and cried a lot. Afterwards I noticed his head was warm I gave him Panda para syrup. @night I bath him and wore him his sleepsuit (pino-pino) noticed he was restless, he suddenly became clingy and was just crying always carrying his legs up, I managed to put him to sleep which he woke serverally, by morning wen i wanted to bath him I saw red dots all over his 2palms and sole of his feet, and it was scratching him. By evening some of the rashes got bigger and had blisters, haven't seen these b4, no new food, I can't just place my hands on wat coukd cos these kind of rashes.went to hospital they gave me a drug and cream, and no visible change. Really don't know wat else I can do, some are coming to his hands. Please who know what dis is, abeg no waka pass
Sorry, I don't know anything about this. Sabi mamas please help. Quick recovery to him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:41pm On May 22, 2018
Nimi22:

We are now working towards becoming in laws too tongue
grin kiss grin kiss grin kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 9:21pm On May 22, 2018
Chanbaby:

Even peter denied Jesus. Who am I to vex when u enque deny me.

LMAO, why's everyone 'de-sistering' and 'un-sistering' you nah?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:30pm On May 22, 2018
lululuv:

Do you mind posting a picture? You can edit his face out.
Is he running a temp?
Does he have any of those blisters around his mouth?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kimoyo: 9:50pm On May 22, 2018
@lululuv, my son had something similar to what you described last week. We went to see a paed. Blood tests were run antibiotics given (cefuroxim). No cream was given since it didn't itch. She recommended savlon bath and dipping cotton wool in savlon to rub on the skin if necessary. I met another woman at the hospital who brought her son for a similar case. I also got a call that my nephew had similar thing too over the weekend. I don't know if it is some kind of outbreak.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 10:26pm On May 22, 2018
Misi16:

Ur hubby no go fit run. Jst do as if u dey find soap to wash ur phone (incase he asks those women funny questions weh we sabi ask like HONEY, WAT R U DOING IN THE BATHROOM?response: I AM HERE TO COOK BEANS). Just lovingly hold dt waist n whisper to his ears that this ur waist is just calling me one kind one kind, sexingly collect d sponge n tell him there's a place dt his hand dinnor reach. From dia, use ur woman power n complete d works of ya hand. Lemme come n be going mbok..

Issokay just few weeks away and I return to blue film with different parts and styles for this cold weather.
Oya O ideas for dealing with monitoring spirits aka ds. He has perfected the act of waking up and crying whenever dh and I are feeling frisky. To make matters worse the way ds will be rubbing breast when he wants to sleep, dh will be giving him evil eye.

Lollzzzzz... Just reading this cos u didn't quote me. Use under d blanket style. Put off the light and shook breast into his mouth wen he wants to start free NGO work(monitoring). By the way, how old is ur baby cos sheedren of nowadays ehnn, over sense is worrying them. Mk ur ds no wait till daddy n mummy finish work n then use hanky clean ur forehead and give u accolades ontop. I no dey hse ooo..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Happychildlove(f): 11:20pm On May 22, 2018
lululuv:
Pls attach a pic for quick response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by davsquared: 12:36am On May 23, 2018
mizfola:
Hello mummies... How are our LO's doing? Please can someone recommend a good creche in Festac
Toddlaville creche: 5th Avenue, D close
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 1:22am On May 23, 2018
lululuv:
I will advice you see a paed (if you saw a normal doctor earlier. Before then, please use google to search for when to take a baby to the hospital when they fall. My baby has fallen b4 and i had to take note of all the things to look out for like vomiting, stuff around the ear, sleepy,crying for too long etc
Pls since your baby cried for so long ( my baby never did as he started playing almost immediately) and you noticed all those rashes after the fall(which might be due to the fall or not), i will advice you see a paed immediately.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:35am On May 23, 2018
Onegai:

On their website, there is a banner that shows the Children's Financial Fair picture. Click on it, because it doesn't have a direct link. The Registration portal will open up in a new window. Modified the post to reflect this.

Thanks thanks. How's everyone, any summer plans?
Thanks dear.

Summer plans? I'm yet to decide BTW Seychelles Island V staying back with all the grand kids plus getting a microblading on my brows. I was given a whooping quote of 129K for microblading by some salon in Lekki and I'm still having sleepless nights cheesy, wondering if it's mid life crises setting in tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:38am On May 23, 2018
kimoyo:
@lululuv, my son had something similar to what you described last week. We went to see a paed. Blood tests were run antibiotics given (cefuroxim). No cream was given since it didn't itch. She recommended savlon bath and dipping cotton wool in savlon to rub on the skin if necessary. I met another woman at the hospital who brought her son for a similar case. I also got a call that my nephew had similar thing too over the weekend. I don't know if it is some kind of outbreak.
Dear Lord, I hope it's not an outbreak of some sorts though it sounds(from description) like HFM.

Are you in lagos and how are the kids now?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 7:47am On May 23, 2018
zaynie:

Do you mind posting a picture? You can edit his face out.
Is he running a temp?
Does he have any of those blisters around his mouth?
can't get a clear pics(my camera is bad), he isn't running temp, he has a dry one on d lip, around the nappy area nd those rr drying out, We saw a pead and she said it coUld be reactions to smtin he took. The only odd tin I gave him that day was panda para syrup.

I know scabies is in the air now but these is not scabies.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:04am On May 23, 2018
She is onye nsogbu like my people will say grin

Nimi22:

Why doesn't everybody want to be chanbaby's sister now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:12am On May 23, 2018
hunniesuzie:
She is onye nsogbu like my people will say grin

let her come and catch u here again, na strike 2 e go be
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:30am On May 23, 2018
Have you ever given him the paracetamol? Did the doctor rule out measles or anything like that? This one pass me oh, a dermatologist may be your best bet...or a second opinion

lululuv:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kimoyo: 9:32am On May 23, 2018
@ifyalways thanks for asking. We are doing well now. Just waiting for the spots to clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dazzle86(f): 10:05am On May 23, 2018
Happychildlove:
Good evening mothers, pls is it safe for a breastfeeding mother to take this?

I don't think taking a supplement should affect you breastfeeding your baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GoodMum: 10:09am On May 23, 2018
My fellow Mothers
I greet una o
Sorry for my absence to the group.
Motherhood no easy o

Lots of pages to read......
What's the latest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:10am On May 23, 2018
ifyalways:

Thanks dear.

Summer plans? I'm yet to decide BTW Seychelles Island V staying back with all the grand kids plus getting a microblading on my brows. I was given a whooping quote of 129K for microblading by some salon in Lekki and I'm still having sleepless nights cheesy, wondering if it's mid life crises setting in tongue

Sister Ify, Ayam financially strapped. Plis hep mah account with small chikin change cry cry cry cry

Hunniesuzie, because of you, we are now going to make a post for entertaining babies 0-6 months. Giving us extra work angry angry angry angry (2 lashes of cane for you!).

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dazzle86(f): 10:15am On May 23, 2018
Hello mamas ,please mamas in Benin,I went for 9 month immunization at saint Philomena hospital today. The next one is for 12months and they said for MMR and chicken pox is 18k per dose. Does anyone have any idea how much ubth charges for it, do I know how to plan towards it.

Cc soonest and all Benin mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:21am On May 23, 2018
Lululuv, kimoyo, I have seen that pus-filled eruptions on babies and we just got ours cleared up too (5 days medication). It looks like acne not a boil, right? It has a medical term (carbuncle or furuncle). Is your baby covered in rashes that won't go away? You shouldn't be using a cream on it. I will advise you to take your child to a Dermatologist. That is who helped with ours because the Paediatricians tend to prescribe an anti-bacterial ointment (won't work as it's not topical and you need to treat from the inside).

Dermatologists are at:

General Hospital, Lagos Island (most major GHs have a Skin Clinic)
Healing Stripes, Oniru
Emel Hospital, Festac
Lekki phase 1 (I know 2 there but can't remember the name of the clinic. There used to be one at Childcare Hospital but I think he's left, but go and ask their paed, he should have a contact for him)

You can keep going to a paed but they're not gonna treat it right. You need a Derm. Not a pharmacist (someone ignored me and went to a pharm who proceeded to really fvck up her child's own). Hth.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ogemele(m): 10:30am On May 23, 2018
G.mrng mummies.
Pls who can suggest a good creche around iponri surulere for a 5mth old.
Plsss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:30am On May 23, 2018
Looool smoh idea, instead of you to be commending me

Onegai:

Sister Ify, Ayam financially strapped. Plis hep mah account with small chikin change cry cry cry cry

Hunniesuzie, because of you, we are now going to make a post for entertaining babies 0-6 months. Giving us extra work angry angry angry angry (2 lashes of cane for you!).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:34am On May 23, 2018
Hehehehe, I'm not arahnd

enque:

let her come and catch u here again, na strike 2 e go be
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:48am On May 23, 2018
Ogemele and mizfola, please read this when you are looking for a creche here:

http://nefescorner.com/2018/04/picking-right-pre-school-and-nursery.html

http://nefescorner.com

Because someone's definition of "good" would surprise you. And I showed that to my mum's friend's daughter (sheesh, see long trip!) And she immediately pulled her daughter out of her creche (she said based on the post, she noticed the creche had only 2 attendants so they were getting overwhelmed and weren't warming food well or washing bottles properly, meaning that her daughter kept falling sick. And no school nurse either).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 11:08am On May 23, 2018
Sugah
helovesme
Hope you guys are doing fine? We miss u here.

Glitteringstar, I hail o. greetings from Olamide.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 11:20am On May 23, 2018
Onegai:
Lululuv, kimoyo, I have seen that pus-filled eruptions on babies and we just got ours cleared up too (5 days medication). It looks like acne not a boil, right? It has a medical term (carbuncle or furuncle). Is your baby covered in rashes that won't go away? You shouldn't be using a cream on it. I will advise you to take your child to a Dermatologist. That is who helped with ours because the Paediatricians tend to prescribe an anti-bacterial ointment (won't work as it's not topical and you need to treat from the inside).

Dermatologists are at:

General Hospital, Lagos Island (most major GHs have a Skin Clinic)
Healing Stripes, Oniru
Emel Hospital, Festac
Lekki phase 1 (I know 2 there but can't remember the name of the clinic. There used to be one at Childcare Hospital but I think he's left, but go and ask their paed, he should have a contact for him)

You can keep going to a paed but they're not gonna treat it right. You need a Derm. Not a pharmacist (someone ignored me and went to a pharm who proceeded to really fvck up her child's own). Hth.

Yes, like blisters, I don't think we have no dermatologist here Govt hospitals are on strike, and the pead we met today prescribed antibiotics after I told him we just finished one and I don't want to give him again.

hunniesuzie, they said is not measles nd I just got that para, we use neurofen b4 nau
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On May 23, 2018
comtem2011:
Sugah
helovesme
Hope you guys are doing fine? We miss u here.

Glitteringstar, I hail o. greetings from Olamide.

My sister, I dey ooo. How is my Olamide doing? I've really missed @Helovesme too. I hope she is doing great...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by graciamore(f): 11:32am On May 23, 2018
Good morning senior mumies... please I need help on this my baby's butocks is so red and rashes around it. someone said is Jedi Jedi please how do I go abt this any drugs to use for him?/tanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omohpearl02: 11:40am On May 23, 2018
Good news!!!
Make extra Income as a registered Medical doctor or Nurse at your convenience!

Care for patients In their Home or Workplace!
===============
MyMedicalbank Homecare gives you this flexibility
===============
www.mmbhomecare.com
===============
#MyMedicalBank
#Homecare
#Health
#HomeCareInNigeria
#MMBHomeCare
#Nurses #Doctors
#HealthMatters
#Medical

(1) (2) (3) ... (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.