Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4408847 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 5:17am On Jan 24, 2019
TheClulssHomakr:

It could be the change of environment affecting him. Remember, he has only known one lifestyle all his life and now there has been an abrupt change. Kids too have emotions nah.

Does he eat the normal quantity at home? Just watch and see for a while. Especially if he's not showing any signs of illness. If any signs of illness, see split a o.
Also, try reassuring him by showing more attention, more cuddles, feed him from your plate etc.
Thanks ma... I will keep observing him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:36am On Jan 24, 2019
Was he diagnosed by a Doctor? He has doubled his birth weight in 4 months, I'm not quite sure that's a problem

Please see a proper paed if you have concerns

Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

Seems my baby has hypotonia also called floppy syndrome.
His muscle tone is very low.Has poor neck control,low weight and can't bear weight on legs at 4 Months.
Sticks out tongue occasionally.
Birth weight is 2.3kg and present weight is 4.4kg

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2019
Can you ask about feeding times and how he's fed? If you can suggest to them the best way to feed him it's a good idea too.

sunbestie:
Abeg sabi mamas help me oo

My DS of a year and ten months started school on Monday and since then he refuses to eat ooo, this my boy is a foodie but to eat now nah problem. His foods are always on touched since he started. He eats only his biscuit, yogurt and water.

I don't knw wat to call this oneoo angry sad pls mamas wat could be wrong.?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:45am On Jan 24, 2019
jazzyjazz:

CONDOMS!!!
You forgot abstinence cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Bloomingbud:

No idea o cos I use HMO and presently use solid rock too but think your best bet is health center now, you can use Gbadamosi health center in ojodu the place OK.

Finally did the circumcision at ojodu health centre this morning, oh my God!!! My heart is broken, hearing my baby cry so much, when i saw the site i couldnt control my tears. It is well, cant wait for the ring to fall off.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2019
sunbestie:
Abeg sabi mamas help me oo

My DS of a year and ten months started school on Monday and since then he refuses to eat ooo, this my boy is a foodie but to eat now nah problem. His foods are always on touched since he started. He eats only his biscuit, yogurt and water.

I don't knw wat to call this oneoo angry sad pls mamas wat could be wrong.?
Does he eat when he gets home? If he does, then maybe it's because he's still getting used to the new environment. Try sending him along for now with just his favourite foods.

If he doesn't eat even when he gets home, I'd suggest you take him to a lab to run tests for malaria and infection.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

His muscle tone is very low.Has poor neck control,low weight and can't bear weight on legs at 4 Months.
Bear weight on his feet at that age? No ma'am dont let people confuse you or begin to compare your baby to other babies who have started running relay race from birth. As for neck control why don't you watch him for a bit more before concluding. Some babies just begin gain control at that age. As for his weight, nothing is wrong at all as he has doubled his birth weight already.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 9:02am On Jan 24, 2019
Mamatito:

@jflobaby you can check isheri medical centre at magodo. It's about 4K while Royan is about 7K. About baby being breastmilk drunk...you can express and feed him using bottle. This will even enhance your milk flow

Thanks @mamatito, we did the circumcision at ojodu healtg centre this morning, concerning expressing, i was discouraged by the pain the first time i tried it, will try again. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:34am On Jan 24, 2019
That one dinnor work for you nah grin

Giddyperson:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2019
Giddyperson:

Who has the that duck "side eye" meme undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Can you ask about feeding times and how he's fed? If you can suggest to them the best way to feed him it's a good idea too.

I have done dat but his class teacher said he refuses d food even when she tries to feed him by herself.
Even at home he does not eat much again.
Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Giddyperson:

Does he eat when he gets home? If he does, then maybe it's because he's still getting used to the new environment. Try sending him along for now with just his favourite foods.

If he doesn't eat even when he gets home, I'd suggest you take him to a lab to run tests for malaria and infection.
If I observe him till tomorrow and is still d same thing I will do as u suggested @ d bolded.
Thanks mama giddy prince
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pateffy: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=jflobaby post=74996408]Good morning mamas in the house, im officially reporting to this thread. I has my DS on the 10th of January and i am yet to get a place to do his circumcision. I had him in a private hospital through my HMO and when i inquired about circumcision they said i should bring him back after naming. But that hospital is too expensive jare, we spent 72k for treating mild jaundice through phototherapy that i later discovered we could have easily done at home by allowing the early morning rays of sun get to him.
Mum went to ikeja general hospital to make enquiries yesterday but they kept tossing her from immunisation unit to family planning to gynaecology, they all claimed they dont do it.
Please i need contact of any nurse that can come do the ring own for us at home or if there is an hospital we can easily walk in to get it done. I stay at opic after ojodu berger.

Secondly, this baby friendly thing doesnt seem to be working for me. I had to give DS Nan on the 3rd date after delivery as he was not getting enough milk supply and kept crying. Up until now, he still doesnt get satisfied with breast milk alone making the vigilante business more difficult as he stays on the breasts for long and once i lay him down after he manages to sleep he wakes up within 5 - 10 mins crying for food and the whole cycle starts again but once he is fed Nan, he gets knocked out and sleep for long hrs if you like blow trumpet his sleep will not be distured.

I had to buy lactation cookies and one milky shake i saw online yesterday, i also tried getting the mixed millet, guinea corn pap but was not available at the supermarket i checked, (i have been taking yellow pap and milk before now). Hubby bought more tins of Nan yesterday and said all he cares about is for his son to be well fed undecided. Please what else can i take to make this milk flowing. This dude needs to get high on breast milk not Nan. Lol

Go to isheri primary health care center its at isheri you drop at berger bustop and tell keke your going to isheri health care center to they should do it for you there 3k or 4k max
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pateffy: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2019
jflobaby:

Finally did the circumcision at ojodu health centre this morning, oh my God!!! My heart is broken, hearing my baby cry so much, when i saw the site i couldnt control my tears. It is well, cant wait for the ring to fall off.

Don't worryy mummy it will fall off 3/4/5 days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2019
RANT

I have been reading about giving assignments to children in playgroup and I have been praying this 'cup' will pass over me, only for DS teacher to tell me I need to get home-work book for him 2 days ago angry I joking told her I am the one she indirectly giving assignments but she was determined. Yesterday, bobo came back with 3 different assignments shocked shocked shocked kilode Trace 1, letter a and scribbling. To get him to sit still so 'we' can do 'my' assignment nko? Another wahala cry To say the 1 he was assisted to write in school was so neat, while the one we wrote was an eye sore lipsrsealed I have written in his communication book to give just an assignment per day, that is if at all sef because of his age. So am thinking if it's laziness that is worrying me or the teachers are right. But I can confidently say he's learning sha. Kudos to teachers that teach less than 2 years old babies

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2019

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2019
hunniesuzie:
That one dinnor work for you nah grin

Good morning
I've been using the search button for the egg custard method you posted on this thread but can't find it.
I know you wrote you used milk and egg and also cooked it
Can you help me with the recipe please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TYOJO: 10:46am On Jan 24, 2019
Good morning mamas. Pls I need your suggestions/advice on this. My baby is a month old and I will be resuming soon. There is a crèche just beside my office. I want mums who have used breast pumps (either manual/electric) to tell me how it is and also advice me on which to get and the brand (that will be effective and one that is very affordable).

pls I need all the suggestions you can give as I want to do exclusive for at least four months before giving her formula. I did exclusive for her brother for 6months (wasn't working then).

Thanks mas.

(this is my first time here)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2019
Morning Mama

You mix raw egg with formula(dissolve formula in some water) then mix with the egg. Put the mix in a ramekin (or moinmoin cup) then place the cup in boiling water like you cook moinmoin. Cook for 20 mins or more (Check with fork that it's cooked through)

FloraEC:

Good morning
I've been using the search button for the egg custard method you posted on this thread but can't find it.
I know you wrote you used milk and egg and also cooked it
Can you help me with the recipe please

3 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Morning Mama

You mix raw egg with formula(dissolve formula in some water) then mix with the egg. Put the mix in a ramekin (or moinmoin cup) then place the cup in boiling water like you cook moinmoin. Cook for 20 mins or more (Check with fork that it's cooked through)

Thanks
7months+ can take it, right?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
spiceeamiee:
I believe they do engage them in activities as the class is fully multi-functional.. and the assignments are not write A-Z or 1-10. Its mainly scribbles and strokes to generally help them gain pen control which i think is part of cognitive development.
Z

Ok. Just don't get yourself worked up with the assignments considering your condition.
The truth is that those assignments are unnecessary.
Sometimes those teachers are just shifting the bulk of the work to parents or just being overzealous to show that they are working.

Gaining pen/pencil control is a function of other things like strength in the fingers/ wrists, hand eye co-ordination etc. Making children to start holding pencils when they are not ready doesn't help. In fact it's one of the causes of terrible handwriting.

I hope to make a post on this later to elaborate more on this.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
Yes mama

FloraEC:

Thanks
7months+ can take it, right?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

First, I hope you didn't consult Dr Google before arriving at this.

Secondly, was your baby a preemie or full term?

Have you consulted a doctor or does your doctor have any concern regarding the weight. There could be underlying issues causing low birth weight and low muscle tone.

Did you drink all these baby shrinking agbo or excess Lipton in order to have a small baby and avoid tears during delivery?

You may chose to answer my questions or ignore.

Not bearing weight at 4 months is not a problem here.

Sometimes, babies with low birthweight tend to develop gross motor skills later than their peers for obvious reasons.

I will suggest you start doing frequent tummy time and baby massage with your baby.
Get your baby to lie on his/her tummy and gently stroke the vertebrae or spine or back. Tickle him on the neck, this will cause the baby to raise or move the neck thereby help to strengthen the neck and back muscles.
The body massage needs no explanation.

For the sake of new moms, the usefulness of getting your baby to do TUMMY TIME cannot be over emphasized.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Yes mama

Thanks ma
I'm grateful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2019
eolowu1:
dear mothers pls com to my aid
my daughter of 3month has dis skin rash I don't tink its even rash self, her skin is very scaly lyk frog and dry sometimes peel, dis tin jst refused to go, av used every every prescribed to me yet d tin refused to go at one tym it looked lyk it has gone nw back again pls help me as am nt happy with her skin texture and appearance her face has heat rash which has dried nw but d look is nt gud.
note: I use organic black soap for her and coconut oil as cream

The organic black soap seem to be the culprit here (same happened to my DD). Please change to a suitable baby soap.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haryanphe(f): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
angeltolly:
RANT

I have been reading about giving assignments to children in playgroup and I have been praying this 'cup' will pass over me, only for DS teacher to tell me I need to get home-work book for him 2 days ago angry I joking told her I am the one she indirectly giving assignments but she was determined. Yesterday, bobo came back with 3 different assignments shocked shocked shocked kilode Trace 1, letter a and scribbling. To get him to sit still so 'we' can do 'my' assignment nko? Another wahala cry To say the 1 he was assisted to write in school was so neat, while the one we wrote was an eye sore lipsrsealed I have written in his communication book to give just an assignment per day, that is if at all sef because of his age. So am thinking if it's laziness that is worrying me or the teachers are right. But I can confidently say he's learning sha. Kudos to teachers that teach less than 2 years old babies

Story of my life
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ajakaiye83: 5:42pm On Jan 24, 2019
Graciouscharis:

First, I hope you didn't consult Dr Google before arriving at this.

Secondly, was your baby a preemie or full term?

Have you consulted a doctor or does your doctor have any concern regarding the weight. There could be underlying issues causing low birth weight and low muscle tone.

Did you drink all these baby shrinking agbo or excess Lipton in order to have a small baby and avoid tears during delivery?

You may chose to answer my questions or ignore.

Not bearing weight at 4 months is not a problem here.

Sometimes, babies with low birthweight tend to develop gross motor skills later than their peers for obvious reasons.

I will suggest you start doing frequent tummy time and baby massage with your baby.
Get your baby to lie on his/her tummy and gently stroke the vertebrae or spine or back. Tickle him on the neck, this will cause the baby to raise or move the neck thereby help to strengthen the neck and back muscles.
The body massage needs no explanation.

For the sake of new moms, the usefulness of getting your baby to do TUMMY TIME cannot be over emphasized.

Thank you.I really appreciate your comments.
Truth be told ,google search was also a pointet to my conclusions.
I never drank any agbo seriously.
Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
I rushed my DS to the hospital this afternoon because he is still throwing up anything dat enters his mouth even water. He was feeling very weak..
Lab result reads malaria+ only angry
Injection to stop d vomiting was given, injection to stop high fever nd malaria injection given too. He still can't eat only water nd juice. We are back home now feeling so tired nd my belle is feeling so heavy nd is paining me, carrying my little big baby is not a small something.
Forced him to drink his ors and he is sleeping now.
I hope when he wakes up he will want to eat nd take his drugs
God pls help me am not seeing myself again oo, since morning just a meal don't feel like eating. DH is not in town just me nd him nd d little girl dats stays with me.
God pls heal him for me embarassed embarassed

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2019
God healing hands on your ds sunbestie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
sunbestie:
I rushed my DS to the hospital this afternoon because he is still throwing up anything dat enters his mouth even water. He was feeling very weak..
Lab result reads malaria+ only angry
Injection to stop d vomiting was given, injection to stop high fever nd malaria injection given too. He still can't eat only water nd juice. We are back home now feeling so tired nd my belle is feeling so heavy nd is paining me, carrying my little big baby is not a small something.
Forced him to drink his ors and he is sleeping now.
I hope when he wakes up he will want to eat nd take his drugs
God pls help me am not seeing myself again oo, since morning just a meal don't feel like eating. DH is not in town just me nd him nd d little girl dats stays with me.
God pls heal him for me embarassed embarassed

Pele.
Ensure he completes his injections for the malaria treatment o. You should have taken the malaria test too sef.
Anyways he will be fine, just be patient with him while he recovers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
angeltolly:

Who has the that duck "side eye" meme undecided
cheesy It's true nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.