Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392229 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2019
Temi059:
Tre en en is good for babies and it helps in their cell build up. Just one capsule daily.

One full cup (120 capsules)- #7500
Half cup (60 capsules)- #3750
Quarter cup (30 capsules)- #1875

Call/whatsapp-08160129015
can baby swallow capsule? Cos, what a even my 3+ year old son can't swallow capsule, just wandering though.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
MzCorleone:
Sabi mums please my 4months old has nasal congestion but no fever,he's feeding well but doesn't sleep for long cos of breathing. Please what can we do?
Hospital, please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by irynterri(f): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
comtem2011:
Are u serious!!!! Heard this from someone but didn't believe. My own is water, it helps me gidigan.
yep, works like crazy for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
zaynie:

Ikeja GH won't take you serious cos they are more about emergency cases.
Try going to health centres or a smaller GH.
In surulere here, Randle GH does it every Friday by 8am you should be registered and must have paid.

Yoghurt did it for me when I just had my baby, Talltosyne (she's here) makes Yoghurt that makes you lactate like crazy and doesn't fatten unlike the sugar loaded yogurts that you find in supermarkets.
You can also try fenugreek and drinking warm water helps too.

Thanks mama zaynie for your response, will ask my mum to go register and pay tomorrow so we can have it done on friday.

@ Talltosyne, how do i get the yoghurt please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
hunniesuzie:
1. Don't know hospitals in that area
2.search the thread, lots of different options have been shared. I know of fenugreek seeds and eating oats. However please continue to give baby Nan or any formula until you establish breastfeeding. A fed baby is the friendliest baby ever

Thanks mama, i actually searched the thread after making my post and got several options, will try them one after the other till we get desired results. Thanks for responding to my post,God bless.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:

Thanks mama, i actually searched the thread after making my post and got several options, will try them one after the other till we get desired results. Thanks for responding to my post,God bless.

I mentioned you earlier.

Bloomingbud:
jflobaby.

Congratulations on your delivery, you can check royan hospitals on aina street ojodu berger or isalu hospital wempco road ogba for your baby's circumcision.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sysengr(f): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good afternoon everyone.
Pls I apologise for what am about to say cos am not regular here.

This family has done so greatly for Proudmom38 family.
I found out she has been bleeding since yesterday and needs progesterone to stop it.

Pls little help can go a long way for us to save her baby this time.

Thank you very much.

Pls am so sorry for bringing this plead here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:

Thanks mama zaynie for your response, will ask my mum to go register and pay tomorrow so we can have it done on friday.

@ Talltosyne, how do i get the yoghurt please.

Thanks Zaynie.

U can reach me on WhatsApp, check my signature.

Am at ojodu berger

Did my son circumcision at ojodu primary health centre for 5k. I can even give u d nurse contact.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks mama @ Bloomingbud, i saw your response but baby woke up before i got the chance to appreciate your response. Thanks a lot, i know Royan hospital as i had my baby at Solid Rock hospital. I want to send a mail to my HR to change my HMO plan from individual to family so my baby can be covered and i can consider having it done where he was delivered at no cost.

Do you have an idea of how much it costs at Royan? These private hospitals can be expensive.
Bloomingbud:

I mentioned you earlier.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for your response. Will try them as well.
phunmie306:

Congratulations on your little one

If you read up before your comment, some sabi mamas have mentioned roasted groundnut, yorgurt and boiled fresh Palm wine among others do the trick for breast milk supply and some pap ( Millets and guinea corn) vendors who are mamas among us post their products and numbers to reach them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
dear mothers pls com to my aid
my daughter of 3month has dis skin rash I don't tink its even rash self, her skin is very scaly lyk frog and dry sometimes peel, dis tin jst refused to go, av used every every prescribed to me yet d tin refused to go at one tym it looked lyk it has gone nw back again pls help me as am nt happy with her skin texture and appearance her face has heat rash which has dried nw but d look is nt gud.
note: I use organic black soap for her and coconut oil as cream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:
Thanks mama @ Bloomingbud, i saw your response but baby woke up before i got the chance to appreciate your response. Thanks a lot, i know Royan hospital as i had my baby at Solid Rock hospital. I want to send a mail to my HR to change my HMO plan from individual to family so my baby can be covered and i can consider having it done where he was delivered at no cost.

Do you have an idea of how much it costs at Royan? These private hospitals can be expensive.

No idea o cos I use HMO and presently use solid rock too but think your best bet is health center now, you can use Gbadamosi health center in ojodu the place OK.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TheClulssHomakr: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
jflobaby:
Good morning mamas in the house

I had to buy lactation cookies and one milky shake i saw online yesterday, i also tried getting the mixed millet, guinea corn pap but was not available at the supermarket i checked, (i have been taking yellow pap and milk before now). Hubby bought more tins of Nan yesterday and said all he cares about is for his son to be well fed undecided. Please what else can i take to make this milk flowing. This dude needs to get high on breast milk not Nan. Lol

Sabi mamas biko i look forward to hear from you.

Plenty mamas have already given you answers and you're on the right course already. Just make sure you are well hydrated and eating well, now is not the time for fitfam o. hehe.
Keep putting your baby to breast at every opportunity you get, the more he sucks, the more your brain gets the message that your body needs to make more milk. Don't worry, it will flow. How is his latch? Good? Is your areola in his mouth? Not just nipple.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by exquizit(f): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
irynterri:
try taking fufu especially with bitterleaf soup walahi you will be forcing your baby to suck up the milk because your boobs will be too full

OK ma'am, I'll try the combo too. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 12:03am On Jan 23, 2019
eolowu1:
my daughter of 3month has dis skin rash I don't tink its even rash self, her skin is very scaly lyk frog and dry sometimes peel, dis tin jst refused to go, av used every every prescribed to me yet d tin refused to go at one tym it looked lyk it has gone nw back again pls help me as am nt happy with her skin texture and appearance her face has heat rash which has dried nw but d look is nt gud.

Hi mama,
Please post a picture of the skin texture/appearance.
Your description seems like she has a very dry skin. The hot weather also contributes to it.

Try aveeno baby soap. Giddymama can testify to the soap.
Sheabutter mixed with sudocrem also works BUT some babies react to sudocrem so I advise you to try the aveeno soap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeydoc(f): 4:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello mama's in the house. I'm a new mom and just joined this thread. I want to buy a car seat but I'm confused on the brand and size to get. I don't want to get one the baby will outgrow soon. Please can you help me with reviews and possibly prices and where to buy. My location is Lagos. Please help, thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TheClulssHomakr: 9:06am On Jan 23, 2019
eolowu1:

If you're not sure it's a rash, perhaps it's time to go see a doctor?
As JGracious said, you could share a picture, someone who has experienced it with her baby might recognise it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:56am On Jan 23, 2019
eolowu1:

The organic baby soap might not be sitting well with her skin. If her skin is dry, scaly and peeling there's a high chance that the soap is the culprit, it's drying her skin out.
See a Dr first and fore most and get it treated. Then you change soaps, use baby soap like Aveeno, Boots, Cussons or this popular one that is expensive o.... What is it called again sef?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Phlota(f): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2019
I did my baby's circumcision at a primary health centre close to me. I just walked in, no registration, it was done for 3k
jflobaby:
Good morning mamas in the house, im officially reporting to this thread. I has my DS on the 10th of January and i am yet to get a place to do his circumcision. I had him in a private hospital through my HMO and when i inquired about circumcision they said i should bring him back after naming. But that hospital is too expensive jare, we spent 72k for treating mild jaundice through phototherapy that i later discovered we could have easily done at home by allowing the early morning rays of sun get to him.
Mum went to ikeja general hospital to make enquiries yesterday but they kept tossing her from immunisation unit to family planning to gynaecology, they all claimed they dont do it.
Please i need contact of any nurse that can come do the ring own for us at home or if there is an hospital we can easily walk in to get it done. I stay at opic after ojodu berger.

Secondly, this baby friendly thing doesnt seem to be working for me. I had to give DS Nan on the 3rd date after delivery as he was not getting enough milk supply and kept crying. Up until now, he still doesnt get satisfied with breast milk alone making the vigilante business more difficult as he stays on the breasts for long and once i lay him down after he manages to sleep he wakes up within 5 - 10 mins crying for food and the whole cycle starts again but once he is fed Nan, he gets knocked out and sleep for long hrs if you like blow trumpet his sleep will not be distured.

I had to buy lactation cookies and one milky shake i saw online yesterday, i also tried getting the mixed millet, guinea corn pap but was not available at the supermarket i checked, (i have been taking yellow pap and milk before now). Hubby bought more tins of Nan yesterday and said all he cares about is for his son to be well fed undecided. Please what else can i take to make this milk flowing. This dude needs to get high on breast milk not Nan. Lol

Sabi mamas biko i look forward to hear from you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2019
please,what else can be done to prevent pregnancy for now,apart from family planning methods like copper implants and the rest.
I heard the disadvantages supersede d advantages.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
brunnette4real:
please,what else can be done to prevent pregnancy for now,apart from family planning methods like copper implants and the rest.

plssss ooo co-ask.....!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
I believe they do engage them in activities as the class is fully multi-functional.. and the assignments are not write A-Z or 1-10. Its mainly scribbles and strokes to generally help them gain pen control which i think is part of cognitive development.

Graciouscharis:

Abeg, no vex ooo. What is an 18 months old doing with homework/assignment?

Personally, I will never entertain such. I believe there are a thousand and one activities they can engage the child in to help in cognitive, gross, occupational and speech development of the child not holding pencils and writing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SIAGlobe(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Babies are gifts from God, however, parenting guidance is very key to raising good kids, and as such, looking forward to having babies is not enough, but to really train them in actualize purpose. A new mum should endeavor to do everything possible to adapt to the new environment she has found herself and to get advice from women that are already mothers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2019
brunnette4real:
unex50:

plssss ooo co-ask.....!

CONDOMS!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mamatito: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2019
jflobaby:

@jflobaby you can check isheri medical centre at magodo. It's about 4K while Royan is about 7K. About baby being breastmilk drunk...you can express and feed him using bottle. This will even enhance your milk flow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2019
sysengr:
Good afternoon everyone.
Pls I apologise for what am about to say cos am not regular here.

This family has done so greatly for Proudmom38 family.
I found out she has been bleeding since yesterday and needs progesterone to stop it.

Pls little help can go a long way for us to save her baby this time.

Thank you very much.

Pls am so sorry for bringing this plead here.

How much is involved
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ajakaiye83: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
Pls I need your help.

Seems my baby has hypotonia also called floppy syndrome.
His muscle tone is very low.Has poor neck control,low weight and can't bear weight on legs at 4 Months.
Sticks out tongue occasionally.
Birth weight is 2.3kg and present weight is 4.4kg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

His muscle tone is very low.Has poor neck control,low weight and can't bear weight on legs at 4 Months.
Ehhh!!!!!
Baby's can't bear weight on legs at that month self
Sticking out tongue, are you sure he's not scratching his gum
Is he feeding well?
Poor neck control is normal for that age
If you are worried, please see a doc

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2019
Abeg sabi mamas help me oo

My DS of a year and ten months started school on Monday and since then he refuses to eat ooo, this my boy is a foodie but to eat now nah problem. His foods are always on touched since he started. He eats only his biscuit, yogurt and water.

I don't knw wat to call this oneoo angry sad pls mamas wat could be wrong.?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TheClulssHomakr: 3:12am On Jan 24, 2019
Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

Ahn ahn. Who gave you this diagnosis? I hope you haven't been on a Google binge? You will just frighten yourself needlessly. Please see a doctor if you have any concerns o.
It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TheClulssHomakr: 3:17am On Jan 24, 2019
sunbestie:
Abeg sabi mamas help me oo

My DS of a year and ten months started school on Monday and since then he refuses to eat ooo, this my boy is a foodie but to eat now nah problem. His foods are always on touched since he started. He eats only his biscuit, yogurt and water.

I don't knw wat to call this oneoo angry sad pls mamas wat could be wrong.?

It could be the change of environment affecting him. Remember, he has only known one lifestyle all his life and now there has been an abrupt change. Kids too have emotions nah.

Does he eat the normal quantity at home? Just watch and see for a while. Especially if he's not showing any signs of illness. If any signs of illness, see ya dokita o.
Also, try reassuring him by showing more attention, more cuddles, feed him from your plate etc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.