Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2064) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411432 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:40pm On Jan 24, 2019
sunbestie:
I rushed my DS to the hospital this afternoon because he is still throwing up anything dat enters his mouth even water. He was feeling very weak.. embarassed embarassed

Sorry about this may God heal him quick.

Have he been dewormed? It could be stomach related issue.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:28am On Jan 25, 2019
sunbestie:
I rushed my DS to the hospital this afternoon because he is still throwing up anything dat enters his mouth even water. He was feeling very weak..
Lab result reads malaria+ only angry
Injection to stop d vomiting was given, injection to stop high fever nd malaria injection given too. He still can't eat only water nd juice. We are back home now feeling so tired nd my belle is feeling so heavy nd is paining me, carrying my little big baby is not a small something.
Forced him to drink his ors and he is sleeping now.
I hope when he wakes up he will want to eat nd take his drugs
God pls help me am not seeing myself again oo, since morning just a meal don't feel like eating. DH is not in town just me nd him nd d little girl dats stays with me.
God pls heal him for me embarassed embarassed
Plenty hugs, he'd be fine soon, look on the bright side, atleast he wasn't admitted, that would have been way more stressful. Multivite would bring back his appetite really fast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 25, 2019
Please help!!...,As i woke up to carry my baby,i noticed his temperature was high,so i gave him bonababe,paracetamol,maxiquine and vit c.After some mins,he cried for breastmilk so i breastfed him.Immediately after sucking,he threw up everything....This happened twice...So i tried petting him then he finally fell asleep....Has anybody experienced this,ehat could be d cause?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by emeraldoe(f): 4:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Jessie21:
Please help!!...,As i woke up to carry my baby,i noticed his temperature was high,so i gave him bonababe,paracetamol,maxiquine and vit c.After some mins,he cried for breastmilk so i breastfed him.Immediately after sucking,he threw up everything....This happened twice...So i tried petting him then he finally fell asleep....Has anybody experienced this,ehat could be d cause?
I have been a silent reader but i cant let this pass. Pls let's stop self medicating our children. Bonababe is paracetamol and u still gave paracetamol again. Increase temperature in children could be anything, only a blood test can help make a diagnosis.

21 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Jesu! All those drugs?
When a child has fever, check with a thermometer ( you can get one for 500 or less) to know the degree. Then give paracetamol only. A sponge bath with lukewarm water also helps bring down fever. If the fever spikes again after the first admin of paracetamol and/or if temp is in the 38 range then go to the hospital to request blood tests. If your baby is below 3 months hospital straight

Jessie21:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ammy5565(f): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2019
Jessie21:

OMG,
Bonababe has paracetamol in it already(plus dill water and something else that induces sleep, i cant recall) and then you still gave paracetamol. Did you atleast read the components of the drugs you administered? Thank God he threw them all up cuz he was overdosed honestly.
If the fever persists after administering paracetamol, please take him to see a doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2019
Sunbestie and Jessie21 it is well with your children. May the Lords hand rest upon them.

At this point it should be boldly written in the mind of mummies that all these teething meds for babies is just (a scam) Paracetamol. Most of them don't do anything than bring down temperature. Please teeth will surely sprout and paracetamol will do the trick. But if you want to go the teething medicine way, don't include another paracetamol biko. Say NO to drug abuse.

I was forced to buy a bottle of piccan about 3k or so because my son had high temperature from crèche and all the elders around me thought it was jobless of me to go to hospital for ordinary 'teething temperature' I checked the composition and I saw paracetamol and Diphenhydramine Hcl as active ingredients with a far greater percentage going to paracetamol.

I Used it that night but high fever continued through the night. I took him to the hospital early morning and infection and malaria was diagnosed. I have never touched the piccan since then. I was just wondering and shaking my head for my friend that has used about 8 bottles of piccan because she started giving her baby from 3 months. Please enough of the self medication.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Juliches: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
Please who knows a good cream for new born babies... Pls I need suggestions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Sunbestie the Lord is your strength and your baby is going to be alright. Please take it easy and get some rest yourself.

Jessie21 always check baby's temperature before administering paracetamol. Too much of it can be dangerous. Best thing is to see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Juliches:

I use shea butter and mixed with original olive oil. It is really nice on my son. Other sabi mamas will choke mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Juliches:

I use shea butter mixed with original olive oil. It is really nice on my son. Other sabi mamas will choke mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adayoung(f): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
What can I use to soften by baby's hair,she is 4 months old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Adayoung:
What can I use to soften by baby's hair,she is 4 months old.
Mixture of water, shear butter and coconut oil

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jochez15: 3:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
Babies gives me joy.
But they don't allow me to sleep.
4am is when they love crying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
Jochez15:
Babies gives me joy.
But they don't allow me to sleep.
4am is when they love crying

grin grin let the joy babies give you override your love for sleep then. It's called vigilante, Ndo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
His temperature is normal now but it goes up sometimes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Since other mamas answered the other questions you had, I’ll answer the one about sticking out tongue. I noticed my DD had it when she clocked 4 months. It just started one day like that and tbh, it was hilarious to watch cos she did it almost all the time. It is called tongue thrust reflex and should go away by or before 6 months when you have to introduce solids. Once it stops, the next weird thing you’ll notice is they start tightening their lips when you want to give them something they don’t want/know, clicking their tongues , spitting stuff out intentionally and blowing bubbles with saliva... grin cheesy

Stay strong mama and don’t let google give you High BP...just enjoy the process and milestones

Ajakaiye83:

Pls I need your help.

Seems my baby has hypotonia also called floppy syndrome.
His muscle tone is very low.Has poor neck control,low weight and can't bear weight on legs at 4 Months.
Sticks out tongue occasionally.
Birth weight is 2.3kg and present weight is 4.4kg

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
zaynie:

The organic baby soap might not be sitting well with her skin. If her skin is dry, scaly and peeling there's a high chance that the soap is the culprit, it's drying her skin out.
See a Dr first and fore most and get it treated. Then you change soaps, use baby soap like Aveeno, Boots, Cussons or this popular one that is expensive o.... What is it called again sef?
tanx ma but was using boots soap for her from birth wen d tin refuse to go dats y I switch to d organic, am tired of it, my Fone camera won't reveal d real look if nt I wud av uploaded it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cisuton: 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
Do you have any similarities with the child, such as the same posture for sleeping, or maybe you get up at the same time ....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Thanks hunniesuzie, tried the egg custard this evening and he loves it. Finished everything but I didn't taste it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 3:26am On Jan 26, 2019
Giddyperson:

Your wahala is not too much, what are senior mamas for wink

You said he didn't finish it, so it couldn't have been too small. Maybe he just prefers the breastmilk. Many babies woulld totally reject formula at this age especially from mum, but he would most likely take it from the creche nannies and finish it cuz he would be hungry then and you won't be there all the time to provide plan B. keep trying with the formula for now to be sure exactly what quantity he can finish but if you still ain't sure then tell the creche people to make the 180ml for him, you can always increase or reduce it depending on the reports from the nanny.

Thank u very much... I really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2019
Let me share my experience
Whenever my baby is running temperature, I use to give my daughter a particular teething drug and the temperature will disappear, the day this temperature refuse to disappear, we landed at the hospital and test shows high infection and malaria. She was admitted at the hospital, so later when the doctor was with her, I asked him several questions and one of it is that 'how come the infection is so high'? He said because I have been suppressing the fever for too long. I felt bad because I know I was the one to blame for what happened. I learnt my lesson in a hard way, it disturbed my Christmas plan.
Please mamas, if you have administered paracetamol for three days and temperature still come up, please go to the hospital. Temperature get levels o

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 10:49am On Jan 26, 2019
brunnette4real:
please,what else can be done to prevent pregnancy for now,apart from family planning methods like copper implants and the rest.
I heard the disadvantages supersede d advantages.

av been on implanon for a year now and it's bae. u feel cranky first 2 -6months bcoz ur body is trying to get used to it and afterwards u ar good to go.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
eolowu1:

tanx ma but was using boots soap for her from birth wen d tin refuse to go dats y I switch to d organic, am tired of it, my Fone camera won't reveal d real look if nt I wud av uploaded it

Ṣeé a Dr and request that he directs you to a pediatric dermatologist
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
Please who can help with the procedure for change of name. And how much is it?
Also after doing that, how long does it usually take for the bank to change one's name too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
I welcome my sweet beautiful daughter on the 25th of January through a planned csection at 7:54pm Nigeria time but 11:54am Canadian time. We are 8hours difference.

This csection is way easier and better than my first which I did in naija 2017.

N:B- please when does the breast milk comes out. I have been putting my dd on my breast, she latches perfectly but no milk yet.

What can I do?

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
eolowu1:
dear mothers pls com to my aid
my daughter of 3month has dis skin rash I don't tink its even rash self, her skin is very scaly lyk frog and dry sometimes peel, dis tin jst refused to go, av used every every prescribed to me yet d tin refused to go at one tym it looked lyk it has gone nw back again pls help me as am nt happy with her skin texture and appearance her face has heat rash which has dried nw but d look is nt gud.
note: I use organic black soap for her and coconut oil as cream

For a child with dry skin, use oilatum. This is what some pediatrician/ dermatologist would prescribe for you. Oilatum baby soap and cream is Uk product. I started using it for my daughter from 9 month after using plenty cream and I am still on it now that she’s a toddler.

Also, you can visit pediatrician for their opinion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
claseek:
Please who can help with the procedure for change of name. And how much is it?
Also after doing that, how long does it usually take for the bank to change one's name too
You've to swear an affidavit in court or LG. Did mine in LG for 1,500
Depends, if you go to the branch you opened the account it'll take a day or two. But if is another branch, they'll scan it to the branch you opened the account to work on it. They'll also change the name in your BVN.
You've to go with your ID, AFFIDAVIT, newspaper change of name(original copies) and a handwritten letter of request for acc change of name
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks to all all dat gave advises and prayed for us...pls I can't mention names my head is filled up smiley
My DS was still stooling and vomiting yesterday dat my bedroom was turned into a big mess and I had to rush him back to d hospital again. He was admitted immediately...some test was done but d results are not yet out. He could not take anything not even water through out yesterday ( as hbp no do me yesterday e no go do me again I swear) it was so serious oo he was on drips and injections till this morning. His temperature was just running up and down. I could not eat nor sleep at night but I thank God this morning there was improvement...we did a little walking and playing inside our room He demand for tea after drinking he saw me eating rice and joined me and d next minute he started having stomach upset and vomited a little. Children's doc came and saw him and said he will be fine dat he will be observe/monitor till tomorrow. Stooling has stop remembering d high fever...i knw my Redeemer and Healer liveth He must surely finish d work He started in him.
Divine healing upon my son oh Lord embarassed embarassed

19 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2019
sunbestie:
Thanks to all all dat gave advises and prayed for us...pls I can't mention names my head is filled up smiley
My DS was still stooling and vomiting yesterday dat my bedroom was turned into a big mess and I had to rush him back to d hospital again. He was admitted immediately...some test was done but d results are not yet out. He could not take anything not even water through out yesterday ( as hbp no do me yesterday e no go do me again I swear) it was so serious oo he was on drips and injections till this morning. His temperature was just running up and down. I could not eat nor sleep at night but I thank God this morning there was improvement...we did a little walking and playing inside our room He demand for tea after drinking he saw me eating rice and joined me and d next minute he started having stomach upset and vomited a little. Children's doc came and saw him and said he will be fine dat he will be observe/monitor till tomorrow. Stooling has stop remembering d high fever...i knw my Redeemer and Healer liveth He must surely finish d work He started in him.
Divine healing upon my son oh Lord embarassed embarassed
Have they done infection test?
Dewormed him?
He's healed already

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
FloraEC:

You've to swear an affidavit in court or LG. Did mine in LG for 1,500
Depends, if you go to the branch you opened the account it'll take a day or two. But if is another branch, they'll scan it to the branch you opened the account to work on it. They'll also change the name in your BVN.
You've to go with your ID, AFFIDAVIT, newspaper change of name(original copies) and a handwritten letter of request for acc change of name
thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.