Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391555 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by praisecity(m): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=Adekaf post=88503281][/quote]

Tenks mam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Cutemarvel:

LOL. It's the shinning part that attracts them not the dark fan.
That was the first thing my first child got attracted to before even looking at his mother.

Wow, me and my mom were wondering since. It makes sense

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=Adekaf post=88503281][/quote]

Do you know powder isn't advisable for babies less than 3 months?

Some rashes in newborns will go on its own after a few days. You can as well share a pics of the rashes so people can be sure.

Cc: praisecity

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by selab: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
angeltolly:

Do you know powder isn't advisable for babies less than 3 months?

Some rashes in newborns will go on its own after a few days. You can as well share a pics of the rashes so people can be sure.

Cc: praisecity

Please why is it not advisable at this age?
Just want to known please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
glimpse:
We have succeeded in weaning. But my right breast hurts and feels like I have a lump in it. Please what do I do to make it feel like the right breast that feels normal.

Cc: Zaynie

Hey mama Pls lend me the tricks..I'm on this table and we going 1year 6months by April.. My mum Don shout for me taya.. Plssssss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
it's probably baby acne, they are right, leave it, it will go. Its as result of residual hormones from the mom

praisecity:
Hi to every one here, am a father, bcoz my wife just deliver her first child last week Friday.
My problem is there is dis raches on her head dat is giving me concerned.
Some say is normal dat it will soon go
And some say I should go to Disneyland Yoruba elewe omo.
Pls what can I do to it. Tenks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saltwater: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
My 3 months old always spit up milk after breastfeeding. She spit from time to time till she had probably spit/vomit most, if not all she took. What could be the cause and possibly solution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Saltwater:
My 3 months old always spit up milk after breastfeeding. She spit from time to time till she had probably spit/vomit most, if not all she took. What could be the cause and possibly solution

Google reflux in babies. Might be the cause
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sttmema: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=portable4real post=88105633][/quote]

Thanks mama...the discharge has reduced tho it’s still coming out small small, I’ll try your remedy. As for the malaria, we were seen by a paed m tested mal 1+...he said we shouldn’t ignore it since she’s so small . Gave her quinine bfr it didn’t work, went for a repeat, it was still positive so I was given another one. Haven’t gone back cos the temp has gone. Thanks for the reply
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Irenititemi(m): 8:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
My baby next immunization appointment is next week With this total lock down, are we free to move
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Irenititemi:
My baby next immunization appointment is next week With this total lock down, are we free to move
ofcource you are. Health-care is part of essential services not bound to the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Irenititemi(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
Liftedhands:
ofcource you are. Health-care is part of essential services not bound to the lockdown.
OK thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sttmema: 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
HolySteph:
Mamas in the house. Good morning.. I'm back again o!

Abeg experienced mamas look at this... my first didn't get this andbits new to me. I'm suspecting 'eela' as the yorubas call it. I noticed it yesterday morning then in the evening it had spread.

Pls help.. what can be given to this?

My new born had it while in the hospital.mupirisin cream was prescribed n it worked like magic.its a bacterias infection tho

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sttmema: 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=Emoreni post=88429230]Please is it ok to give glucose mixed in water to a 3 day old baby, mothers breast is not flowing she has started taking pap to enhance it though.[/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sttmema: 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
MissOpe:
HI Mummies, my son of 1 year and 4 months is have this redness in his eyes coupled with mucous.. Often times the eyes itch him and they are not clear... Please what is responsible for this?

Bacteria infection in the eye. Take him to the pharmacy , they will give him eye drop that will clear it though some mums swear by breastmilk but I heard it’s not advisable because breasymilk attracts micro organisms to the eyes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:01am On Apr 18, 2020
Sttmema:

My new born had it while in the hospital.mupirisin cream was prescribed n it worked like magic.its a bacterias infection tho
Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
CONTACT 081-2727-3878 FOR MORE DETAILS/PICS/PRICE ON EDUCATIONAL TOYS

Intelligence Kids Toys Wooden Digit Mathematical Sticks
1. Brand new and high quality
2. Help kids to learn counting, shapes and colors
3. A nice way to enhance kids' hand-eye coordination
4. A nice gift to your friends and families

Sphero Mini App-Enabled Programmable Robot Ball - STEM Educational Toy
LITTLE ROBOT, LOTS OF FUN: Sphero Mini packs a ton of fun into a tiny programmable robot the size of a ping pong ball. Equipped with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and colorful LED lights, this app-enabled robotic ball lets you drive, play games, and code using our free apps.
DRIVE MODE: Control your robot toy any way you like with the Sphero Play app. Drag and drive with Joystick mode, pull back and release with Slingshot mode or tip and rotate your mobile device with Tilt mode. Included with Sphero Mini are 3 traffic cones and 6 bowling pins to inspire obstacle course fun right out of the box.
PLAY GAMES: Use Sphero Mini as a game controller for arcade-style games in the Sphero Play app. Perfect for playing on the go or with limited space. Choose from 3 different games - shoot through space, speed through a tunnel, or smash a polygon of bricks. With 1 hour of play time, Sphero Mini is the next big thing.
LEARN TO CODE: Use the Blocks drive mode to give your coding robot basic drag and drop coding commands. Looking for more of a challenge? Download the Sphero Edu app for more ways to program your educational bot, including JavaScript and Swift.
INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW: Founded in 2010, we set out to redefine creative play experiences with the original Sphero app-enabled robot ball. Now, with our undeniably cool fleet of programmable robots and educational tools, we're inspiring a new generation through hands-on applied learning of coding, science, music and the arts.

4M Tin Can Robot - DIY Science Construction Stem Toy For Kids ()
The 4M Tin Can Robot teaches the value of recycling by repurposing a used can into a fun and functional robot.
No special tools or knowledge required; the kit contains detailed instructions and all the necessary parts.
Just add a used soda pop can and let the fun begin.
Use the kit to create a silly robot or a motorized monster, or a combination of the two.
Requires one AA batteries (not included). Recommended for ages 8 years and up. Works well and long with Polaroid Batteries.

4M 3782 Green Science Solar Rover Kit DIY Solar Power, Eco-Engineering Stem
Transform a recycled soda can into a solar-powered rover.
This kit includes all the parts necessary to build one solar-powered car.
Detailed assembly instructions included.
Perfect for a young scientist with an interest in mechanics and alternate energy sources.
Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
Challenge your child's imagination with 4M toys and kits.
4M educational toys cover a wide range of educational subjects and include science kits, arts and crafts kits, robotics kits, and more.
4M offers a wide range of toys and kits to let you build a clock, crochet a placemat, or turn your room into a planetarium--all in the name of making learning fun.
Build this cool rover using the parts included and a soda can
Learn how sunlight is converted to energy
Detailed instructions included
Fun and educational

Elenco Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100
With this building toy, young engineers can assemble over 100 different electronic circuit projects with just 30+ electronic parts.
Kids can construct working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, an Adjustable-Volume siren and much more!
This stem kit comes with a clear, easy to understand illustrated instruction manual
No tools needed! All parts Just click together and support a vigorous STEM/ steam educational curriculum.
Learn by doing. Designed for young engineers 8+.

Bit Coding Robot
Meet bit – a pocket-sized, basic Bot for building early steam skills (Ages 6+, beginner coding)
Ready to roll – Arrives assembled and ready to play with two ways to code
Color codes – start coding screen-free with the stroke of a marker, as you draw commands and bit responds
Ozoblockly – advance online with the ozoblockly programming editor, dragging and dropping to create bit code
Features: optical sensors, LED light, strong Polycarbonate shell, online activity library

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good afternoon mummies.
Please ye'all should spare me few minutes and examine the attached pictures.

It started on her chest over two weeks ago. I did some home remedies. It will dry up over night while new ones will come up. I administered antibiotics and it cleared it off after five days. Only for it to spring up on her neck after two days. We're back with home remedies again.

There was improvement when we woke up this morning but as seen in the first picture, new ones are coming up again now.

Please how do I tackle it? If we're to visit the hospital which test should I request to be conducted.

Please look past the grammatical blunders and help me out. Thank you.

Pic 1 was taken few minutes ago.
Pic 2 was taken on 17th April.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good evening Mamas, pls who knows where I can buy this infant headphones

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eletu11(f): 1:00am On Apr 21, 2020
zaynie:

Hi mama.
I don't think there's any boarding school opened at this time of coronavirus matter.

Secondly, I think your baby is safest with you unless you don't think so. Then I think you should find a family member, friend or even neighbor that can watch the child for some time while you sort yourself out.
Thank you ma..
Right now am going through alot..i Jst want to be alone reason y i suggest that...
Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:05am On Apr 21, 2020
eletu11:

Thank you ma..
Right now am going through alot..i Jst want to be alone reason y i suggest that...
Thanks

Hey

You'll be fine.
As long as you don't think you can do harm to your child, you'll be fine.
Children are like balms, they soothe your wounds with their hugs.
They make you break your tears with their smiles.
And when they act naughty, it helps to break you out of your darkness.
Let your child soothe you.

Whatever it is you're going through now will end.
It will.
Just take one day at a time.
Stay strong.

But if you feel your child isn't safe with you, you can drop her for a family member or walk into an orphanage home. They do fostering and can take her off your hands till you find your footing.
There is one at Alagomeji, Red Cross or so.
I'm not sure.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2020
Owasgirl:
Good afternoon mummies.
Please ye'all should spare me few minutes and examine the attached pictures.

It started on her chest over two weeks ago. I did some home remedies. It will dry up over night while new ones will come up. I administered antibiotics and it cleared it off after five days. Only for it to spring up on her neck after two days. We're back with home remedies again.

There was improvement when we woke up this morning but as seen in the first picture, new ones are coming up again now.

Please how do I tackle it? If we're to visit the hospital which test should I request to be conducted.

Please look past the grammatical blunders and help me out. Thank you.

Pic 1 was taken few minutes ago.
Pic 2 was taken on 17th April.

It's responding to treatment but sth keeps setting the trigger off
She's reacting to sth. Find out what it is (soap, water, lotion, food) then treat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 9:27am On Apr 21, 2020
zaynie:

It's responding to treatment but sth keeps setting the trigger off
She's reacting to sth. Find out what it is (soap, water, lotion, food) then treat.

I've really thought of these but I didn't introduce anything new. Though I discontinued soya beans from her menu yesterday. I doubt that's the cause because she's been on it since 6 months.

Thanks for your input ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2020
Hi blessed parents of great nations.. I pray that the lines fall for you all in pleasant places.. Amen..

Meanwhile I am still your regular supplier of ASDA Little Angels Diapers and Lupilu Diapers.. All UK very good quality diapers. Different sizes available.. Am very affordable and I do my best to get it delivered to you in a most convenient and affordable way trust me.. Some beautiful mama's here can testify smiley

You can reach me easily by clicking the link below
https:///2348083186075...
Location is Ibadan though...Thank you

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 11:59am On Apr 21, 2020
gwng:
CONTACT 081-2727-3878 FOR MORE DETAILS/PICS/PRICE ON EDUCATIONAL TOYS

Intelligence Kids Toys Wooden Digit Mathematical Sticks
1. Brand new and high quality
2. Help kids to learn counting, shapes and colors
3. A nice way to enhance kids' hand-eye coordination
4. A nice gift to your friends and families

Sphero Mini App-Enabled Programmable Robot Ball - STEM Educational Toy
LITTLE ROBOT, LOTS OF FUN: Sphero Mini packs a ton of fun into a tiny programmable robot the size of a ping pong ball. Equipped with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and colorful LED lights, this app-enabled robotic ball lets you drive, play games, and code using our free apps.
DRIVE MODE: Control your robot toy any way you like with the Sphero Play app. Drag and drive with Joystick mode, pull back and release with Slingshot mode or tip and rotate your mobile device with Tilt mode. Included with Sphero Mini are 3 traffic cones and 6 bowling pins to inspire obstacle course fun right out of the box.
PLAY GAMES: Use Sphero Mini as a game controller for arcade-style games in the Sphero Play app. Perfect for playing on the go or with limited space. Choose from 3 different games - shoot through space, speed through a tunnel, or smash a polygon of bricks. With 1 hour of play time, Sphero Mini is the next big thing.
LEARN TO CODE: Use the Blocks drive mode to give your coding robot basic drag and drop coding commands. Looking for more of a challenge? Download the Sphero Edu app for more ways to program your educational bot, including JavaScript and Swift.
INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW: Founded in 2010, we set out to redefine creative play experiences with the original Sphero app-enabled robot ball. Now, with our undeniably cool fleet of programmable robots and educational tools, we're inspiring a new generation through hands-on applied learning of coding, science, music and the arts.

4M Tin Can Robot - DIY Science Construction Stem Toy For Kids ()
The 4M Tin Can Robot teaches the value of recycling by repurposing a used can into a fun and functional robot.
No special tools or knowledge required; the kit contains detailed instructions and all the necessary parts.
Just add a used soda pop can and let the fun begin.
Use the kit to create a silly robot or a motorized monster, or a combination of the two.
Requires one AA batteries (not included). Recommended for ages 8 years and up. Works well and long with Polaroid Batteries.

4M 3782 Green Science Solar Rover Kit DIY Solar Power, Eco-Engineering Stem
Transform a recycled soda can into a solar-powered rover.
This kit includes all the parts necessary to build one solar-powered car.
Detailed assembly instructions included.
Perfect for a young scientist with an interest in mechanics and alternate energy sources.
Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
Challenge your child's imagination with 4M toys and kits.
4M educational toys cover a wide range of educational subjects and include science kits, arts and crafts kits, robotics kits, and more.
4M offers a wide range of toys and kits to let you build a clock, crochet a placemat, or turn your room into a planetarium--all in the name of making learning fun.
Build this cool rover using the parts included and a soda can
Learn how sunlight is converted to energy
Detailed instructions included
Fun and educational

Elenco Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100
With this building toy, young engineers can assemble over 100 different electronic circuit projects with just 30+ electronic parts.
Kids can construct working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, an Adjustable-Volume siren and much more!
This stem kit comes with a clear, easy to understand illustrated instruction manual
No tools needed! All parts Just click together and support a vigorous STEM/ steam educational curriculum.
Learn by doing. Designed for young engineers 8+.

Bit Coding Robot
Meet bit – a pocket-sized, basic Bot for building early steam skills (Ages 6+, beginner coding)
Ready to roll – Arrives assembled and ready to play with two ways to code
Color codes – start coding screen-free with the stroke of a marker, as you draw commands and bit responds
Ozoblockly – advance online with the ozoblockly programming editor, dragging and dropping to create bit code
Features: optical sensors, LED light, strong Polycarbonate shell, online activity library

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by alladinov: 1:41am On Apr 22, 2020
Good day everyone, I have a 17 days old baby boy. He stretches his body too much and grunts alot while sleeping. When he stretches his body he feels unconfortable and cries, And he gets hiccups very often. He also farts and poo often. Please is this normal? or to be taken care of. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 7:45am On Apr 22, 2020
alladinov:
Good day everyone, I have a 17 days old baby boy. He stretches his body too much and grunts alot while sleeping. When he stretches his body he feels unconfortable and cries, And he gets hiccups very often. He also farts and poo often. Please is this normal? or to be taken care of. Thank you

Your first description may be due to colic,you can google colic and read all you need to know abt it,get infacol(has no side effect) it may work for your baby.

Hiccups is normal in babies,you don't have to use any drug to stop it.An exclusive breastfed baby can poo up to 12times in a day,its also very normal,my 10wks old baby still poo up to 8times in a day and she's adding weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Nyxx123:
Good evening Mamas, pls who knows where I can buy this infant headphones

Pls any one oooo,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vixian: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Pls where can I get original sebamed baby cream in Enugu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by alladinov: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
trevolady:

Your first description may be due to colic,you can google colic and read all you need to know abt it,get infacol(has no side effect) it may work for your baby.

Hiccups is normal in babies,you don't have to use any drug to stop it.An exclusive breastfed baby can poo up to 12times in a day,its also very normal,my 10wks old baby still poo up to 8times in a day and she's adding weight.
Thank you and God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kennysgirl(f): 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hello good evening everyone, please can someone put me tru on how to care for my son who has just been circumsised, should water be used to wash d penis for now or jus to clean it? Also am I to rub Vaseline or anything? Plz note that a ring was used in circumcision, thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2316) (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.