Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,135 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393428 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kennysgirl:
Hello good evening everyone, please can someone put me tru on how to care for my son who has just been circumsised, should water be used to wash d penis for now or jus to clean it? Also am I to rub Vaseline or anything? Plz note that a ring was used in circumcision, thanks

What were you instructed to do at the hospital?

Anyway, we didn't bathe him at all that day. The next 2days, he just had a sponge bath, no water on the site and we were told not to apply anything till it falls, then we used penicillin and vit c.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you ma.
We used it for few days and also breast milk is now flowing.

Kvngwitty:

Nan 1 Optipro formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:23am On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you ma.

mabebe1:

Just continue to put the baby to breast.... it will flow soon....but for the main time, u can give baby nan1....but always put the baby to breast all the time.....milk must come out well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:34am On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you ma for your response.

rvpbae:

Get him nan1 or any formula immediately and feed him pls. Continue putting him to breast, when you start lactating you can decide to breastfeed exclusively.

Abeg exclusive breastfeeding does not mean you will now wait till you get breastmilk before you feed your child. You can start exclusive at anytime if your supply and baby allows.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:36am On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you ma.
Exactly what I did. Also breast milk is now flowing and we have stopped formula

Follyshowbaby:

Mama please get Nan1 for your baby to feed on from this morning. Hopefully you'll start lactating very soon and you'll stop the formular immediately you start breastfeeding him.
That was what I did. Because I also didn't lactate till the 4th day after delivery and since then he hasn't taken formula till now. We'll be 6 months very soon.

Please don't deprive the poor baby food o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:55am On Apr 23, 2020
We bath my baby the next day in his normal sponge and soap. The penis area was not washed but we allow water and soap used to bath the baby touched it.
Don't put anything till the ring falls off then start applying penicillin to the round part (the area the ring fell from)

Kennysgirl:
Hello good evening everyone, please can someone put me tru on how to care for my son who has just been circumsised, should water be used to wash d penis for now or jus to clean it? Also am I to rub Vaseline or anything? Plz note that a ring was used in circumcision, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2020
Mamas in the house, please can lactating mother use Amatem for malaria? Baby is a month and 5 days old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2020
Hello Mummies,

Please, what can I use to cure the rashes on my two weeks old baby.

Please, don't read and pass. Abeg!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Mummies,

Looks like rash as a result of skin to skin contact
While breastfeeding ensure you use wrapper or flannel as barrier and if there's milk on his cheeks after feeding always wipe it.
You can use cacatin till it clears and discontinue after

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Awesomemama:

Looks like rash as a result of skin to skin contact
While breastfeeding ensure you use wrapper or flannel as barrier and if there's milk on his cheeks after feeding always wipe it.
You can use cacatin till it clears and discontinue after
Thank you ma'am.

Where can I get the cacatin, at the pharmacy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Mummies,

You can try baby tribotan. Its mild on babg skin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
angeltolly:

You can try baby tribotan. Its mild on babg skin
Thank you my able Cappo.

Can I get the baby tribotan from baby shop or pharmacy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Thank you my able Cappo.

buy from a good pharmacy so you can get the original one
Hope you are doing well,kisses to baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
nnekaike:
Thank you Ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
nnekaike:
Yes ooo Ma'am but the vigil na another chapter. I really hail mother's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Thank you my able Cappo.

Leave it, it will clear, you don't need to apply anything. It's baby acne.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Thank you ma'am.

Where can I get the cacatin, at the pharmacy?

Ywc, yes

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hello all

Please is it normal for a one month baby to not stool for three days?

She is exclusively breastfed and my diet is normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, rice, beans yam, semo etc. She used to poo every single day before at least twice a day and suddenly she stopped but she farts a lot instead.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced something like it before?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prudify25: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
How do I treat jaundice... Was detected today and was told to just expose her to sunlight cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sysengr(f): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Please which worm repellant is good for children (6 and 2 years).
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
nahzyla:
Hello all

Please is it normal for a one month baby to not stool for three days?

She is exclusively breastfed and my diet is normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, rice, beans yam, semo etc. She used to poo every single day before at least twice a day and suddenly she stopped but she farts a lot instead.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced something like it before?

Very normal
We've gone 6days without poop once
She usually poops once in 2days
You can take fruits if you're worried. It will help her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Awesomemama:

Very normal
We've gone 6days without poop once
She usually poops once in 2days
You can take fruits if you're worried. It will help her

OK thanks, I wish I can get fruits to buy but lockdown won't let me. Thanks though
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
sysengr:
Please which worm repellant is good for children (6 and 2 years).
Thanks

Zentel worm expeller

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Techhybabe: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kennysgirl:

Good day ma, for my son (5months old), we were told to pour olive oil on the area so that the plastic will fall on its own. He was bathed through out. And after it fell off we still apply olive oil so as to heal properly.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
nahzyla:

OK thanks, I wish I can get fruits to buy but lockdown won't let me. Thanks though

Okay, don't worry then
I was worried too, complained during my 6wk postpartum appointment but doc said I shouldn't worry
She pooped on the 6th day and I didn't take fruits too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Techhybabe: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Good day mamas, my baby is 5months old but I noticed some patches on his chest region and legs. What can be applied on it?

Attached are the pictures.
Thank you

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
rvpbae:

Leave it, it will clear, you don't need to apply anything. It's baby acne.
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Awesomemama:

Ywc, yes
Thanks Ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asapretty(f): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Mummies,

Mama leave it and don't apply anything it will go on it's own. It happened to my son when he was 7 days old I used baby tribotan but it was not working and I was advised to leave it when I went for circumcision, and truly it disappeared. What you need to do is to make sure baby is on cotton material and don't cover him too much if you must use wrapper or flannel so that he won't feel too hot.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Get UNRIPE paw paw, Peel and cut into 7pcs(for girl) or 9pcs (for female), get one onion WHITE color and cut it. Get a plastic with cover, wash the pawpaw put it inside the plastic with the onion and add enough water that can bath your baby for like 3 to 6days. Leave it till the next day and start using it to bath the baby. Don't dilute it with water. It will clear within 5 days, even the one in his eyes will come out. That's what I used for my baby.

Prudify25:
How do I treat jaundice... Was detected today and was told to just expose her to sunlight cry

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Prudify25:
My baby also had Jaundice. It was discovered after conducting test at the hospital before our discharged.

They placed my baby under light at the hospital for some days(3days) and it reduced from 13 to 7.

Me and his father was watching him though out because some times, my boy do remove the artificial glass that was placed on his eyes. So, we try to fix the artificial glass back.

After our discharge, my neighbor that her daughter experience the same thing adviced us to take unripe pawpaw water(After socking it for three days) which we started today to ensure nothing is left in his body.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Asapretty:

Mama leave it and don't apply anything it will go on it's own. It happened to my son when he was 7 days old I used baby tribotan but it was not working and I was advised to leave it when I went for circumcision, and truly it disappeared. What you need to do is to make sure baby is on cotton material and don't cover him too much if you must use wrapper or flannel so that he won't feel too hot.
Hope this helps.
It really help ma'am. Thank you beautiful ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2317) (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.