Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,331 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421447 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 08, 2013
casler: @Vikin,thanks so much for the advice and sharing.yes, im nigerian. I tried and though she vomitted some i knew some got into her,with this way i know before the weekend she will totally take both breast and bottle,but im so scared of choking,im believing this gonna work,thanks alot again.

Don't force the bottle in her mouth, try giving her most times when she is hungry, if she is not hungry, she is never gonna drink it, but if she refuses, keep trying until she drinks even little then supplement with your breast milk...with time she will be used to the breast and the bottle.

Yes she will cry a bit smiley, but it's not the end of the world, crying makes the lungs stronger smiley. She will understand its for the better..the earlier she starts With different taste of milk, apart from your breastmilk, the better she will adjust when she starts taking solid.

Al the best

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tonia500(f): 5:21am On Jun 09, 2013
my son is 14 weeks today nd stil growing b t my problem is he does'nt lyk sleep in his net nd he sweat a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
my 7moth baby has not started crawing, and sheis not big, she sometimes refuses food, cant seem to know the food she ikes best, am so bad a mother and a wife too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Please don't bring yourself down. Don't let nay sayers tag u as a bad wife and mother. Just keep trying different food types till you find the one she'll enjoy. Have you tried making a puree of banana, apples and milk? Most babies enjoy it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
lullabi: my 7moth baby has not started crawing, and sheis not big, she sometimes refuses food, cant seem to know the food she ikes best, am so bad a mother and a wife too

MY SISTER, WE ARE ALMOST ROCKING THE SAME BOAT O. MY BABY IS DRAGGING NOW AND SHE ISNT BIG AND ALSO SOMETIMES REFUSES FOOD. I HAVE BLAMED MYSELF SEVRALLY. MOST TIMES I GO WITHOUT FOOD WHEN MY BABY DOES NOT EAT, I ALSO DONT EAT. BUT SHE IS ACTIVE AND PLAYFUL AND THAT'S WHAT KEEP ME GOING. LET'S BE POSITIVE. SHE MAY NOT BE 'OROBO' BUT AT LEAST SHE'S HEALTHY AND SICKNESS FREE AND WE PRAISE GOD FOR THAT.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
trinity042: I just discovered this thread and I'm loving it, my baby will be 5ms come 12th of this month, he refused taking d SMA I gave him, he prefers d Brst milk. My problem now is my brst is now on fire, d surroundings is now peeling off. I really need an alternative cos I'm scared of feeding him because of d pains I'll go thru.

I had this issue and i found out that it is because the baby is not latching on well. He is sucking just your nipple and it will continue to happen until you can teach him the best way to suck. Also, you can use nipple balm to cure the wounds.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
lullabi: my 7moth baby has not started crawing, and sheis not big, she sometimes refuses food, cant seem to know the food she ikes best, am so bad a mother and a wife too

You can help her by putting her on her tummy a lot. Let that be her position throught the day. Also, you can roll a towel into a thick roll and put it against her chest just under her arms and gently help her along. She will soon get the hang of it. Although some babies do not crawl but go straight to walking.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2013
blank:

Although some babies do not crawl but go straight to walking.

i think thats what my baby wants to do, walk instead of crawling. coz she likes to hold chairs and straighten herself. she also likes climbing all over d place aided. they r all fun sha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm, hi friends, I want to start introducing solids to my 6 month old. All advices are needed. What do I start with? How do I go about it. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chacha3(f): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hai mums in the house, my baby boy of six months is given me great concerns,I introduced cerelac(wheat wit milk) to him and I noticed his poo has changed,its now a bit watery and it usually pass tru his diapers and stain his wears,also d color is now sort of greenish instead of yellowish as it was d case. Don't know if d cerelac is d cause or I shud change frm wheat to rice or somtin else. Am tinking of taking him to d hosp even,I just don't know. Any mum wit dat kind of experience? Tanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chacha3(f): 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
corrall: Hmmm, hi friends, I want to start introducing solids to my 6 month old. All advices are needed. What do I start with? How do I go about it. Thanks
we are in d same boat o,but for me I introduced cerelac first hoping to introduce smash irish potatoes but with the change in his poo,I will wait and see how far before I give him anoda food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
try giving ur baby nutrend, i tink ur baby is trying to have jedi jedi- i changed to nutrend when i noticed it, and started giving my baby itte foods that we aduts eat, when we are eating, and the next day it ceared.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
chacha3: Hai mums in the house, my baby boy of six months is given me great concerns,I introduced cerelac(wheat wit milk) to him and I noticed his poo has changed,its now a bit watery and it usually pass tru his diapers and stain his wears,also d color is now sort of greenish instead of yellowish as it was d case. Don't know if d cerelac is d cause or I shud change frm wheat to rice or somtin else. Am tinking of taking him to d hosp even,I just don't know. Any mum wit dat kind of experience? Tanx
chacha3:

we are in d same boat o,but for me I introduced cerelac first hoping to introduce smash irish potatoes but with the change in his poo,I will wait and see how far before I give him anoda food.

u mothers should have sought advice first from ur pediatrician before u started out on wheat cereal. u dont introduce wheat cereal as a first solid instead its rice cereal coz of allergies. its rice i started with for my daughter. even at 7 months i am yet to introduce wheat. i understand it should be up till 10 months. pls dont give wheat for now. get a rice cereal. presently i use frisogold rice and she takes to it well. what i ll advice u to do now is stop the wheat for like 2 days. breast feed and give water(at least minimally). let their system cleanse. then the third day start afresh but with rice cereal. cerelac too has rice with milk, frisogold is also milk based. there are some u ll have to mix with milk like cow and gate. i hvnt used that one before. and pls when introducing new foods, pls wait for 3 days to see how the body reacts. u can also google introducing solids to breastfed infants.also, have in mind some products are sweeter then others.just go with the one u discover suits ur baby for now.
more advice from other mothers pls

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 2:04am On Jun 14, 2013
@chacha3, I second Omogemi's opinion. My baby is 8mnths plus nw. At 7+, I started him on cerelac (appl, wheat and milk) nd I noticed he was reacting funny, like his system cant digest d food well, unlike him for almst a week he didnt poo nd when he did, it was very black. I had to go back to the rice and milk I startd with at six months. Try d rice nd milk or other lighter cereals. Dnt be in a hurry to solids as his major food.
Hey! at six months, until seven months was as if I was still doing baby freindly! I waited upto a week befor introducing anything new.
And indeed let a good ped be aware befor introducing anything new.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 2:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Wow!!! I cant believe this is my first "real" coment on nairaland! After being a guest for two years, decided to reg about two weeks ago. Been following this thread since the day it was created! Thanks to all the mothers that made it worthwhile!
Enjoy the joy of motherhood!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soapdish(f): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Hi great mums and dadas, pls my baby is 15 weeks old and has not started sitting. His neck is not strong yet. Is it normal. Thnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
^^^ I think 15weeks is quit early for him to be sitting. I started sitting my son at 4mnths and at 5mnths he was sitting very upright! Mum nd others say U dont start sitting boys as early as girls because of thier
waist(dont know how true but didnt start early as I felt he wasnt strong enough).
For the neck, dnt knw but if his birth weight was very low, it may be a factor. It will get strong gradualy as we dont expect them to be very firm overnight.
I also take him out for early morning sun(vit D), heard it helps thier bones, not everyday sha.lol

My thoughts tho.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soapdish(f): 9:47am On Jun 14, 2013
Thanx @ itsmelex. I appreciate. You know how people say different things when they come visiting new borns.I was getting worried whether there is something I'm supposed to do that am not doing. I'll start sitting him @ 4 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
@itsmelex, dts how people talk. But u dnt need to listen to them. What i ll advise is ds; whenever u r sitting, watching tv, place him/her on ur laps n let d back n neck relax on ur chest as if he is sitting in a chair watching t.v. Let him sit on u relaxed n comfortable. As tym goes by u ll sit him on d floor in d middle of ur legs spread wide apart to help him learn to sit on his own. U make it a gradual thing. With tym u can decide to place him sitting in a carton (optional). Ensure u have pillows all around him when he's trying to sit on his own
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
soapdish: Thanx @ itsmelex. I appreciate. You know how people say different things when they come visiting new borns.I was getting worried whether there is something I'm supposed to do that am not doing. I'll start sitting him @ 4 months.

15 weeks is not too early but do whatever you are comfortable with. Started sitting him at 12 weeks and by 15 weeks he was sitting comfortable.

For his neck,start putting him on his tummy until he is tired but not o sleep as his neck is not yet strong. It also encourages him to learn how to crawl early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soapdish(f): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Thanx @ blank.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chacha3(f): 12:18am On Jun 15, 2013
At lullabi,omogemi and itsmelex I really do appreciate ur comments. I will do jst dat @ omogemi. Hmmmm I feel beta now,wil kip u mums posted.Tanx *winks*
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyshe(f): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
My one month old baby as rash on her face,pls what can I use to clear it up,and which baby formular can I give to my baby cos will resume work next week.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
sexyshe: My one month old baby as rash on her face,pls what can I use to clear it up,and which baby formular can I give to my baby cos will resume work next week.thanks
As for me,i used baby tribotan cream then Funbact A when my baby had rashes.Try SMA Gold formular.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2013
sexyshe: My one month old baby as rash on her face,pls what can I use to clear it up,and which baby formular can I give to my baby cos will resume i work next week.thanks

I use Shea butter(Ori) mix with Olive oil 4 rashes....Uu can use Nan 1, SMA Gold is gud too

When can a baby start using a Walker?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexyshe(f): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks for the response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please what can be mixed in mashed irish potatoes for my 6 month old. I want to start introducing solids. someone said butter, but is dat not too fattening?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adetunrayo(f): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2013
Hi house, Would resume work now that My baby is 3mths.what baby formular would u recomend.tks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
adetunrayo: Hi house, Would resume work now that My baby is 3mths.what baby formular would u recomend.tks
I uses NAN 1 wen i resumed work afta 3mths.Although it was constipatin my baby but i was ok wit it coa sh'l rather constipate than purge.My collegue used friso gold&another one used Aptamil (whch is 4500).SMA is good too but d imitation plenty 4markt.I once bought d imitation&it purged my baby so i threw it away
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
corrall: Please what can be mixed in mashed irish potatoes for my 6 month old. I want to start introducing solids. someone said butter, but is dat not too fattening?
I mix myn wit palm oil wen cookin it whch is a good source of Vit A,crayfish whch is proteinous&a little salt.I also add grinded onions too.Sh doesn't lik eatin egg so i break it in2 d potato or indomie.I cook lots of fish&store in d fridge so we microwave&give her&sh eats atleast 2/3 pieces a day.Sh liks meat too.Just b tryin out things.U can use butter too but not evryday.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
chacha3: Hai mums in the house, my baby boy of six months is given me great concerns,I introduced cerelac(wheat wit milk) to him and I noticed his poo has changed,its now a bit watery and it usually pass tru his diapers and stain his wears,also d color is now sort of greenish instead of yellowish as it was d case. Don't know if d cerelac is d cause or I shud change frm wheat to rice or somtin else. Am tinking of taking him to d hosp even,I just don't know. Any mum wit dat kind of experience? Tanx

OMG.My baby didn't tolerate cerelac&frisocream.I gav both d rice,wheat,mixes fruit.Made her stool 2b lik porridge&was stoolin immediately afta eatin.Sh so refused nutrend&golden morn.So i stopped& continued wit pap wit soyaplus&milk.D paediatrician told me dat green stool signifies starvation.We started timing her feedin so it went away.Try givin pap made wit millet&guinea corn then mix it wit milk&soya or grounded groundnut&crayfish(seive d crayfish 2giv it a smooth powder afta grinding&add it to d pap afta makin it). Ur baby wil eat, sleep&add weight.Lateron,u try cerelac or frisocream or cow&gate banana&strawberry flavour or Purity cereal (strawberry flavour).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
Children thrive at their own pace.Try givin her seven seas codliver oil.Was mixin myn in d pap (5mls 2xs a day).Started givin her frm 4mths.Sh crawled at 4mths 2wks&walked at 9mths 2wks.I'm not sayin its because of d codliver oil.My frnd's baby crawled at 8mths&walked at 13mths cos they carry her al d tym whil i started placin myn in d walker frm 4mths.So children thrive differently.Giv her pap made wit dawa,jero&corn.I mix myn wit soya plus&milk.Goodluck.Motherhood is hard but don't b discouraged

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.