Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4419836 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Teminisuccess66:
Hello mama's, please is it normal for baby to feel restless whenever she wants to sleep? My baby is a month and one week old but anytime she is ready to sleep, she will be grunting and twisting her body even when breastfeeding her until I back her.
my own just started dis style lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:44am On Jun 26, 2022
MummyNeto:
i wish my twin can do same, they have rejected bottle and prefers breastfeeding, even though we started with bottles right from the hospital, they keep wasting milk, I’m just tired
waawu!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:45am On Jun 26, 2022
Layormiii:
they wrote baby premium manual breast pump on it
ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 11:54pm On Jun 26, 2022
Hi moms, it’s been a minute.

How’s the family and LOs doing? Omo, I’ve been MIA here and I’m so happy to be posting again. Though I’ve been a nairalander for a while, I’m yet to understand how PMs and Emails work here. I mean, they say I’ve got emails but I can’t see any in my box.

Ah well... please moms, who has contact of a serious minded, result oriented, speech and language therapist? My DS is now 3.7years with no much improvement. I need a therapist that’s knows how to get results in a short time. Affordable too�... Mom Sugarh, 2funkky, and others with same challenges then, how’s things now? I wanted to start a thread on this but I don’t know how. A journey we weren’t prepared to take.

It’s sad how NEEDS are now soo expensive.

Am located at Awoyaya, Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hello!!!

Please help a worried mum. I'm 3weeks postpartum(CS) and my tommy is still very big. I stopped taking warm water 3days back. Should I continue drinking the warm water?
Please what else can I take to reduce it.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hello please help a worried mum
How long does it take a CS surgery site(dunno what to call it) to heal up, went for dressing today, told them to snap it for me and d site is not making me happy atall. We are two weeks already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tomblessings:
Hello!!!

Please help a worried mum. I'm 3weeks postpartum(CS) and my tommy is still very big. I stopped taking warm water 3days back. Should I continue drinking the warm water?

Thank you
Biko how long did it take you to stop using plaster and all.
My own almost still looking fresh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:

The plaster was removed on the 5th day and the stitches on the 7th day. The cite is sealed up and looking like an old wound already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:
I cleaned the the incision cite with moko spirit every 2hours then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tomblessings:

The plaster was removed on the 5th day and the stitches on the 7th day. The cite is sealed up and looking like an old wound already
oh woooow. Yours healed so fast I am so jealous.. please give me tips. 14days now and we still dey wear plaster
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Haa, how have you been coping? My baby feeds from my breast but once in a while I express in a bottle and give her so that it won't be difficult when we want to start bottle feeding
they latch at the same time, one on each breast, then they take formula when extremely hungry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:
How long does it take a CS surgery site(dunno what to call it) to heal up, went for dressing today, told them to snap it for me and d site is not making me happy atall. We are two weeks already
hope you are taking vitamin c? before you go for your 6 weeks check up it might heal up. Just take things easy so it doesn’t open up. I removed the plaster on my own to allow air in, start at night, clean it with moko spirit and wear a clean gown, you can wear plaster during the day then remove it at night, this was what a matron told me when i had my first surgery so i did same after my cs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:
oh woooow. Yours healed so fast I am so jealous.. please give me tips. 14days now and we still dey wear plaster

Didn't do anything special o. I think the drugs and injection that I was given helped a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
MummyNeto:
they latch at the same time, one on each breast, then they take formula when extremely hungry.
Kudos to you mama ejima.. Its not a small job you are doing?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:
My plaster was removed on the second day to allow air in.. I don't understand why you should still have the plaster on you at 2 weeks as plaster makes wounds look fresh.. You should have started cleaning with spirit and allowing air reach the spot. Maybe you should try talking to them
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tomblessings:
Hello!!!

Thank you
Hi mama, I'm 6 weeks post partum and I still take warm water. What I noticed is that anytime I take the water my body expels blood but any day I don't, I dont expel blood so I would advice you keep on with it... I also heard EBF helps flatten the tommy though I don't know how true it is but please don't tie it...

If after every every, your tommy still doesn't go down, just love yourself like that.. Its not easy to walk that journey with a full human in there..

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
Layormiii:
I think 2 weeks is too long to be wearing and bathing with plaster still on... It will make the site look fresh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tomblessings:
Hello!!!

Thank you

I can’t say if hot water helps. But I do know breastfeeding helps. The uterus contracts as you breastfeed. Infact the contractions can really be painful during the 1-2week pp.

DNA also plays a role. Did u have flat tummy before pregnancy? If yes, then your likely going to get it back to that or somewhat close to flat eventually with little or no physical effort. Generally try not to worry much. Breastfeed often and just let your body heal gradually. You can start waist trainer, exercise, etc about 5-6months pp.

Your body is perfect. You housed a whole human being for 9months in there. Be kind to your body naaa... it needs time.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
amSteph:

I can’t say if hot water helps. But I do know breastfeeding helps. The uterus contracts as you breastfeed. Infact the contractions can really be painful during the 1-2week pp.

DNA also plays a role. Did u have flat tummy before pregnancy? If yes, then your likely going to get it back to that or somewhat close to flat eventually with little or no physical effort. Generally try not to worry much. Breastfeed often and just let your body heal gradually. You can start waist trainer, exercise, etc about 5-6months pp.

Your body is perfect. You housed a whole human being for 9months in there. Be kind to your body naaa... it needs time.

My dear thank you so much. I will try not to worry.My tommy was not very flat before pregnancy.

Make I rest self

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
Omakraid:

Hi mama, I'm 6 weeks post partum and I still take warm water. What I noticed is that anytime I take the water my body expels blood but any day I don't, I dont expel blood so I would advice you keep on with it... I also heard EBF helps flatten the tommy though I don't know how true it is but please don't tie it...

If after every every, your tommy still doesn't go down, just love yourself like that.. Its not easy to walk that journey with a full human in there..

Thanks for your response. I'm doing EBF I hope it helps. Drinking warm water is another big work for me o.
Make God help I beg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
Tomblessings:

Thanks for your response. I'm doing EBF I hope it helps. Drinking warm water is another big work for me o.
Make God help I beg
You see that warm water palava us not you alone ooo... Sometimes I only drink 2 cups of water in a day grin the rest is pap or other food which is very bad.. I do forget to drink water and I'm sure its because its warm water. But I won't stop trying sha though my tommy is back to the size it was before pregnancy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mjblinks(f): 7:24am On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:

Mama, I observe that too. After 6 days the blood stop and I was happy. Only for me to drink warm water, I started seeing blood again which lasted for 3 weeks. Mama is blood still coming out at six week because I have stop warm water at 5 week . How is LO?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:33am On Jun 28, 2022
mjblinks:

Mama, I observe that too. After 6 days the blood stop and I was happy. Only for me to drink warm water, I started seeing blood again which lasted for 3 weeks. Mama is blood still coming out at six week because I have stop warm water at 5 week . How is LO?
LO is fine ma, hows LO too? Mine is still coming out oo, sometimes it stupid the morning and strata in the afternoon or evening.. I'm still taking it though..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:40am On Jun 28, 2022
Immunisation is not for the faint-hearted oo... After our 6 weeks immunisation yesterday, our body has not been the same and my DDs temperature rise in the midnight and till now its still very high... I've given her paracetamol and I'm ensuring she's not dehydrated, what else can I do to keep the pain low Someone advised we massage the legs yesterday so it won't swell but I told my mum we ain't massaging anything, i hope i didn't do wrong?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:
Immunisation is not for the faint-hearted oo... After our 6 weeks immunisation yesterday, our body has not been the same and my DDs temperature rise in the midnight and till now its still very high... I've given her paracetamol and I'm ensuring she's not dehydrated, what else can I do to keep the pain low Someone advised we massage the legs yesterday so it won't swell but I told my mum we ain't massaging anything, i hope i didn't do wrong?

No you didn’t. Absolutely refrain from massaging it or applying ice block. The cool water that runs over the lap during bath is ok. Massaging can lead to lump and subsequent abscess formation. That penta vaccine is painful but you don’t want to go through abscess drainage with your LO. It’s heart shattering, I kid you not!

Your already doing great. Be untop of the paracetamol administration. Don’t wait for the fever to pick up before you administer. Just do so every 6hrly at the most, carry, cuddle and soothe DD through it. Try not to shake the leg as much. That Penta is brutal honestly. Poor babies.

Pls is there anywhere they do Circumcision without pain in Lagos? That wan too is not for faint hearted.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mjblinks(f): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:

LO is fine ma, hows LO too? Mine is still coming out oo, sometimes it stupid the morning and strata in the afternoon or evening.. I'm still taking it though..

LO is fine. I have started seeing whitish discharge that we do see before ovulation and before period. I hope it is normal oo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mjblinks(f): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:

I did not massage my baby own. I only gave him only paracetamol morning, afternoon, evening and midnight around 1am. I tried not to put pressure on the legs by making him stand until he started kicking bed and me. Then I know that the leg is fine. Don't worry she will be fine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2022
amSteph:

No you didn’t. Absolutely refrain from massaging it or applying ice block. The cool water that runs over the lap during bath is ok. Massaging can lead to lump and subsequent abscess formation. That penta vaccine is painful but you don’t want to go through abscess drainage with your LO. It’s heart shattering, I kid you not!

Your already doing great. Be untop of the paracetamol administration. Don’t wait for the fever to pick up before you administer. Just do so every 6hrly at the most, carry, cuddle and soothe DD through it. Try not to shake the leg as much. That Penta is brutal honestly. Poor babies.

Pls is there anywhere they do Circumcision without pain in Lagos? That wan too is not for faint hearted.
Thank you ma.. She's throwing the legs gradually and her temperature is getting better too. Thanks for the advice..

I don't have a boy yet but I know circumcision is not beans... Mothers are not the weaker vessel as claimed but the stronger ones... I also don't stay in Lagos but a good general hospital around you should do or probably the hospital where you put to birth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2022
mjblinks:

I did not massage my baby own. I only gave him only paracetamol morning, afternoon, evening and midnight around 1am. I tried not to put pressure on the legs by making him stand until he started kicking bed and me. Then I know that the leg is fine. Don't worry she will be fine
She's getting better, thank you ma.. Thinking of how she'll got through same at 10 and 14 wks respectively but it is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2022
mjblinks:

LO is fine. I have started seeing whitish discharge that we do see before ovulation and before period. I hope it is normal oo.
Haa, be watchful before you do the do ooo so that 9 months will not fall on you sharp sharp grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2022
Omakraid:

You see that warm water palava us not you alone ooo... Sometimes I only drink 2 cups of water in a day grin the rest is pap or other food which is very bad.. I do forget to drink water and I'm sure its because its warm water. But I won't stop trying sha though my tommy is back to the size it was before pregnancy
I envy you. My tommy is still as if another baby is in it.
It is well with me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) (2469) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.