Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394838 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
kokaiye:
oh God!!! My sister... D frustration is unbelievable... Dis is wat i faced wit my LO too ooo... Til now he didnt suck my breast... Wen i offer him breast e cries frm friatration 4 not getting milk d way e gt it frm bottle n wen i offer bottle. E suck frm it like milk is going on extinct.... So i just stick to pumping n We r still pumping breastmilk ooo n its going to 4months n planning to do dis til e is 1yr by God's grace... I c dt pumping brings out most of d breast nutrients dan baby sucking... D hing n foremilk mixed together... People dont believe my baby is just 14weeks old cs he looks like 6months old baby.... Pumping is not fun i must tell u... But d result i c on my baby is mkin me not regretting him not lashing on breast.... People here told me i shldnt ve offered bottle but syringe to feed him in d first place dt onces baby gt use to smtin, dey dont wanna let go... Welcome to motherhood.
omg someone in my shoe.. the frustration is out of this world, especially having to pump out bress milk for him all the time .
So u're still pumping at 4months cry cry God abeg oooooooo. Does he bond with u regardless?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
Omakraid:

Sorry cappo, hunger and patience are not friends when food is on ground.. Have you tried massaging and pulling out your nipples? Maybe you should also try putting him to the breast when he's not so hungry
someone taught me to pinch out the nips with my hand and put in his mouth while he sucks, did that this morning and there's a level of improvement.. little by little lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
Layormiii:
someone taught me to pinch out the nips with my hand and put in his mouth while he sucks, did that this morning and there's a level of improvement.. little by little lol
Continue with it since it worked, you'll be fine.. Plus don't forget our BS o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Layormiii:
omg someone in my shoe.. the frustration is out of this world, especially having to pump out bress milk for him all the time .
So u're still pumping at 4months cry cry God abeg oooooooo. Does he bond with u regardless?
still pumping ooo my dear... N 4 d bonding.. Oh yes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 3:00am On Jun 18, 2022
kokaiye:
if she is adding weight u gat no problem... If she is feelin discomfort frm teething h can give r paracetamol to ease d discomfort.
she is not eating well so she is not adding weaight as she should most times it even a struggle for her to eat 3-4tikes daily. When u try to give her food she will just tighten her mouth dat d bottle or spoon won't be able to pass through. So am concern if she getting a right amount o nutrient she is suppose to get when she rats

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2022
Mzwealthy:
she is not eating well so she is not adding weaight as she should most times it even a struggle for her to eat 3-4tikes daily. When u try to give her food she will just tighten her mouth dat d bottle or spoon won't be able to pass through. So am concern if she getting a right amount o nutrient she is suppose to get when she rats
oh no!! Dtz not gud... Babies n deir shakara sef.... hv u try giving her multivitamin?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 10:13am On Jun 18, 2022
Good day everyone. Please if anyone has baby clothes hanger or clothes cabinet they don't need anymore, please help me with it. I need them for my coming and and I don't have money to buy.

I am based in Abuja, I can come and carry it from where you are. If you are in Lagos I can send someone to bring down for me.

Thank you in advance and God bless you and your families.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joliefille(f): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2022
miracletoday:
Pls help o.My 6weeks baby always find it hard to poo. He is exclusively breastfed, but I m being tempted to give him water. He will make scary faces, cry, groan,stretch and stiff body, he is obviously not finding it easy at all, buteventually after like 5 to 10mins of struggle, d poo will.come out. Pls.what can I do.

It's normal with exclusively breastfed babies, they can go days without pooing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Emmyjay007(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good day Naralanders
Please help a fellow Naralander, I have been out of employment for over a year now and I have a 4 yr old asmatic son.
He has been admitted in LUTH now for over a week and I have run out of resources, I can't even afford his inhaler and other prescribed drugs let alone pay for his treatment..
I beg with all humility do sis. Anything at all Will be of help
Gtbank
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 12:46am On Jun 19, 2022
kokaiye:
oh no!! Dtz not gud... Babies n deir shakara sef.... hv u try giving her multivitamin?
yes oo I have tried abidec and well kids and I saw not changes in her feeding habit. Not wam trying astymin and am guessing dat one is making her sleep alot and d drugs sef she will take it .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alhajiemeritus: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
This is for Pharmacy stores, baby shop owners and infant milk formula sellers. I can supply you peak infant formulae at wholesale price(peak 123, My boy, Peak baby and co).
You can also contact me if you need to open a babyshop or Pharmacy/chemist for stocks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Good evening mamas, my 8 day old baby poop almost after eating.. let's say like 4 times in a day. People around me say it's normal but me I don't think it is. Plus his stomach makes noise sometimes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning mums, trust you & your loved ones are doing very well

Are you or have loved ones travelling or relocating out of the country? Or troubled by interrupted power supply?

We have *powdered pap/ogi/akamu/koko*, *beans flour*

We can also customize the pap to your specs �.

You can also give out pap as souvenir. Packaged in 300g & 500g

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2022
Layormiii:
Good evening mamas, my 8 day old baby poop almost after eating.. let's say like 4 times in a day. People around me say it's normal but me I don't think it is. Plus his stomach makes noise sometimes
its normal... N d noisemakin in his stomach is gas... My LO poops mkre dan 4times in a day n its totally normal... Newborn can poop more dan 5-10times in a day according to google to not poopin at all in 1-5days.. Let baby poop ooo aunty layormii
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Please guys my 3 week old started having rashes which has spread so much on her face, neck and now back. We went to have it checked out and the paedaetric says it’s cradle cap (Seborrheic Dermatitis) that went from her scalp to her face and down. It’s really bad and i feel it itches her as well. The dr prescribed some creams and ketoconazole shampoo which we have picked up, but I just need to know if there are any natural remedies we can use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:00am On Jun 23, 2022
Myfavour22:
Please guys my 3 week old started having rashes which has spread so much on her face, neck and now back. We went to have it checked out and the paedaetric says it’s cradle cap (Seborrheic Dermatitis) that went from her scalp to her face and down. It’s really bad and i feel it itches her as well. The dr prescribed some creams and ketoconazole shampoo which we have picked up, but I just need to know if there are any natural remedies we can use.
so sorry ur LO is suffering from severe dermatitis called ela in yoruba... Dis tin is induce wen u r using disinfectants likr dettol or other product lik dettol on baby bathing water n baby skin care products dt r mostly produce with chemicals.... Normally mothers r not suppose to bath babies with soap n rub dis skincare products on new babies dt r not up to 6weeks old... New baby skin get irritated easily n it bcms inflamed wen u apply dis products on dem... D only safe tin u can apply on baby skin frm 0weeks r shea butter, coconut oil n olive oil n nva put anytin in der bathin water... N moreova, i dnt knw where our mothers get d idea of putting dettol or oda disinfectant inside baby water... Baby skin is too delicate 4 all did harsh stuff n using just ordinary water wit no soap wont hurt ur baby... Babies r not dirty n dey wont ve body odour as it is bein speculated... Its a pity dt baby ve to use steroid cream to get rid of d ela cs ela can b very stubborn.

4 natural remedy u can get a dry almond leave dt fell on d floor... Wash properly n use it to bath baby... Pls dont give baby to drink abeg n mk sure baby don swallow lw wen usin it to bath baby n get original shea butter to use on baby skin or coconut oil.... Ela is a fungi infectn n fungi n coconut oil r not friends cs it breaks up it barriers n stop fungi frm growing. Or get red calipha leave... It works perfectly too... How to use it is in d pix below... Mind u dont give baby to drink ooo, na God i tk beg u... I aint a fan of steroid cream... Not good 4 anybody... N wen d ela finally clear up, pls dont go bk using all dis fancy baby skin care... Shea butter is enough n wen baby is 6weeks old, get agnesia soap go use 4 bathing.

PS: i tried loading d red celipha leav pix n how to use it but its not going... Browse abt it n u wil knw more. Goodluck

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2022
kokaiye:
its normal... N d noisemakin in his stomach is gas... My LO poops mkre dan 4times in a day n its totally normal... Newborn can poop more dan 5-10times in a day according to google to not poopin at all in 1-5days.. Let baby poop ooo aunty layormii
mama kokaiye always coming through for me since 19 gbogboro. Thank you ma, I was beginning to get worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2022
I have the following items for sale. Neatly used.

1. LMV baby cot. Comes with a free vitafoam baby cradle bed. 20k.

2. double electric breast pump comes with a free nuby new bottle 8k.

3. Lighting macqueen baby walker 8k

4. Summer infant foldable bathtub 10k comes with a free changing mat wallet.

4. Infantino ergonomic carrier , nursing pillow, big changing mat purse with space for wipe case, diapers, change of pants. Everything 12k.

5. Halogen Oven 10k..

6. 5 bags of livia lactation tea that increase breast milk production 12k. Single 2500..

7. Nursing bag 5k.

Please this is an urgent sale.
Location is in ikeja lagos. Call 090.26.77.29.43.

Delivery is on you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
Layormiii:
mama kokaiye always coming through for me since 19 gbogboro. Thank you ma, I was beginning to get worried
lol... I am blushing ooo grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2022
kokaiye:
so sorry ur LO is suffering from severe dermatitis called ela in yoruba... Dis tin is induce wen u r using disinfectants likr dettol or other product lik dettol on baby bathing water n baby skin care products dt r mostly produce with chemicals.... Normally mothers r nkot suppose to bath babies with soap n rub dis skincare products on new babies dt r not up to 6weeks old... New baby skin get irritated easily n it bcms inflamed wen u apply dis products on dem... D only safe tin u can apply on baby skin grm 0weeks r shea butter, coconut oil n olive oil n nva put anytin in der bathin water... N moreoba, i dnt knw where oir mothers get d idea of putting dettol or oda disinfectant inside baby water... Baby skin is too delicate 4 all did harsh stuff n using just ordinary water wit no soap wont hurt ur baby... Bsbies r not dirty n dey wont ve body odour as it is bein speculated... Its a pity dt baby ve to use steroid cream to get rid of d ela cs ela can b very stubborn.

4 natural remedy u can get a dry almond leave dt fell on d floor... Wash properly n use it to bath baby... Pls dont give baby to drink abeg n mk sure baby don swallow lw wen usin it to bath baby n get oroginal shea butter to use on baby skin or coconut oil.... Ela is a fungi infectn n fungi n coconut oil r not friends cs it breaks up it barriers n stop fungi frm growing. Or get red calipha leave... It works perfectly too... How to use it is in d pix below... Mind u dont give baby to drink ooo, na God i tk beg u... I aint a fan of steroid cream... Not give 4 anybody... N wen d ela finally clear up, pls dont go bk using all dis fancy baby skin care... Shea butter is enough n wen baby is 6weeks old, get agnesia soap go use 4 bathing.

PS: i tried loading d red celipha leav pix n how to use it but its not going... Browse abt it n u wil knw more. Goodluck
Thank you so much
Funny enough I use just petroleum jelly for her skin and the unscented johnsons baby wash to bathe her.
I’ll try to see if i can get any of the things you highlighted where i am
Thanks again

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AfolAde: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2022
Layormiii:
Good evening mamas, my 5day old baby still hasn't collected my breast o. Had him through cs and so the nurses already fed him Nan, my breast didn't bring out milk on time so I continue with Nan.
When breast brought out milk nipple no gree commot again, I have a very small nipple.. now he is use to feeding bottle long mouth he doesn't even have patience to lactatte on my nips .. he just start crying when I try to breast feed him and happily rush feeder. . So we had to get bress pumping machine to be pumping milk out for him to drink which isn't the best option to be honest. I am just so frustrated.
Sorry about this mama. This was the exact thing that happened to me. I had my baby boy through cs in April and wasn't able to breastfeed him immediately. I tried from the 3rd or 4th day and he refused sucking directly from my breast. This gave me lots of concern. Tho I pumped using an electric breastpump but the milk was flowing sooo much, but was able to bottle feed him with whatever quantity I goy and complement with NAN 1. This went on for about 2weeks, I was still also try to breastfeed him, but once he doesn't feel the flow he feels with the bottle, he got angry and removes his mouth and cries uncontrollably. I kept on till one time during the second week, I tried again and he sucked for about 2/3minutes for the first time......I kept trying till he started sucking well, the pain on my nipple wasn't funny but he helped me bring out my nipple and my milk started flowing well. My boy is almost 11weeks now and he doesn't even want the bottle anymore, he prefers my breast to bottle.
So just take your time and keep trying while you still feed him with the bottle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 9:42am On Jun 25, 2022
AfolAde:

Sorry about this mama. This was the exact thing that happened to me. I had my baby boy through cs in April and wasn't able to breastfeed him immediately. I tried from the 3rd or 4th day and he refused sucking directly from my breast. This gave me lots of concern. Tho I pumped using an electric breastpump but the milk was flowing sooo much, but was able to bottle feed him with whatever quantity I goy and complement with NAN 1. This went on for about 2weeks, I was still also try to breastfeed him, but once he doesn't feel the flow he feels with the bottle, he got angry and removes his mouth and cries uncontrollably. I kept on till one time during the second week, I tried again and he sucked for about 2/3minutes for the first time......I kept trying till he started sucking well, the pain on my nipple wasn't funny but he helped me bring out my nipple and my milk started flowing well. My boy is almost 11weeks now and he doesn't even want the bottle anymore, he prefers my breast to bottle.
my dear mama I am going through everything you just typed.. like exactly.
I am still trying ooo though he isn't interested atall in the bress but I still force it in his mouth, lol sometimes he will just clip his lip on it but he won't suck.. he eats alot so I'm pumping almost through out the day. I just hope that mine also later change and start loving it like yours... Cos I miss the joy of seeing my baby feed from me cry now that his penis is sour sheybi that's suppose to be his comfort, but no, feeder is his comfort.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2022
Layormiii:
I am still trying ooo though he isn't interested atall in the bress but I still force it in his mouth, lol sometimes he will just clip his lip on it but he won't suck.. he eats alot so I'm pumping almost through out the day. I just hope that mine also later change and start loving it like yours... Cos I miss the joy of seeing my baby feed from me cry now that his penis is sour sheybi that's suppose to be his comfort, but no, feeder is his comfort.

Mama, have you tried massaging your boobs while he is on them? Like pressing from up to down, so the milk drops without him sucking much. It will mimic the speed which bottles let down milk, and encourage him to stay longer, nursing.

It worked with my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
AfolAde:

wow!!! Lucky u... Mine is very stubborn... He thighten his lips n smx will just not suck at all wen nipple finally got into his mouth or sleepoff... Bottle is his friend
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
Layormiii:
what is d name of d breastpump u use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Teminisuccess66: 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hello mama's, please is it normal for baby to feel restless whenever she wants to sleep? My baby is a month and one week old but anytime she is ready to sleep, she will be grunting and twisting her body even when breastfeeding her until I back her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AfolAde: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
kokaiye:
wow!!! Lucky u... Mine is very stubborn... He thighten his lips n smx will just not suck at all wen nipple finally got into his mouth or sleepoff... Bottle is his friend

Mine too o...he'll squeeze his lips, anyone around me then will open his lips, so I can put my nipple in his mouth...the nipple sef was inverted then. The guy will just open eyes, squeeze his face and look at me with disgust�...it was the breast pump that helped my nipple out, but the guy still refused. He started sucking at about 3weeks but sleeps off on the breast. He loved bottles like wetin I no know. He just suddenly stopped bottle and preferred breast. Now I'm trying to make him like his bottles again cos I'm doing ebf for 6months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AfolAde: 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Layormiii:

These babies are the same, lool.. I'm hopeful he will change cos mine also gave me tough time, but I kept at it till it worked.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyNeto(f): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
kokaiye:
i wish my twin can do same, they have rejected bottle and prefers breastfeeding, even though we started with bottles right from the hospital, they keep wasting milk, I’m just tired
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
MummyNeto:
i wish my twin can do same, they have rejected bottle and prefers breastfeeding, even though we started with bottles right from the hospital, they keep wasting milk, I’m just tired
Haa, how have you been coping? My baby feeds from my breast but once in a while I express in a bottle and give her so that it won't be difficult when we want to start bottle feeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
kokaiye:
what is d name of d breastpump u use?
they wrote baby premium manual breast pump on it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
Teminisuccess66:
Hello mama's, please is it normal for baby to feel restless whenever she wants to sleep? My baby is a month and one week old but anytime she is ready to sleep, she will be grunting and twisting her body even when breastfeeding her until I back her.
My baby does this too though I just keep patting her till she sleeps.. Sabi mamas will help shed light on it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.