Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397143 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:27am On Jun 02, 2022
ennon92:
Good day Mothers, trust our LO's are doing great.

My baby of 2 months plus finds it hard to poop, he is being breastfed and started giving him food 3 weeks ago but not constant unlike the breast milk..We've been giving him water, we were told to get him baby's vitamin c yet he hasn't poo for the past 3 days as such grunts, cry and stretch so much. Can we dilute orange in his water for consumption?
What kind of food are you giving?

Why not go back to only breastfeeding for a while and save the baby the stress?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:34am On Jun 02, 2022
Mamabella:
Good morning mama's. My baby of 7 months hardly eats like dat . in a day she eats 5-6times she is still battling with 100ml or less sef . Pls I was giving her abide den when it finished I switch to well kids . But is ABIDEC better In boasting her appetite Dan the WELLKIDS . If any one knows how to boast her appetite to pls let me know... she is 7month and not yet weighing up to 7kg but her birth weight was small too she weighed 2.6kg at birth . Pls your reply will be highly appreciated
A 7 month old should be eating other foods besides milk.
Go to this thread for ideas on what to give
https://www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids
You already know due to her birth weight you cant compare with other babies...she has doubled her weight by 6months and is on track to trippling it by age 1. She is thriving. Just ensure you continue adding age appropriate milk to her food and try to give all classes of food.
Astymin is good for weight gain (but please confirm from the pharmacists if it can be given to a 7month old!)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:37am On Jun 02, 2022
lolibunm:
I just weaned my son.His refusing to eat any food .I do force him to take somtin.Please what can I give him for strength and appetite
The transition from milk to solids can be daunting for both parents and the child sometimes...you have to be patient. Try different options until you find something that he likes. Dont offer junk foods!. See my above comment for link and supplement.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Preciousppearl(f): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
jumyte29:
Pls help, how can I treat stomach pain in a month old baby... The stomach makes noise too even when he is sucking breast....
Ensure baby belches after meal,when bathing massage tummy and navel with warm water. Check YouTube on how to massage the tummy and exercises to release the gas, do alot of tummy time.. I was worried my baby had gas too I met with the ped,this was all he asked me to do, it stopped on its own.babys also pass gas when they fart. Nothing to be worried about
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ifeadebola(f): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you

tatacherie:

Except your baby looks sick if not then you have nothing to worry about. My daughter weighed 2kg at birth, 36 weeks gestation. She's 3 now and all over the place orobokibo ; cheesy Relax and keep breastfeeding

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sugargirl547: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2022
Good morning ladies. Why does sour breast suddenly stop at 8 weeks during pregnancy.i discovered I was pregnant last week but I had sour nipples one week after I missed my period. But woke up this morning seeing I no longer feel nipples pain. Please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by miracletoday: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pls help o.My 6weeks baby always find it hard to poo. He is exclusively breastfed, but I m being tempted to give him water. He will make scary faces, cry, groan,stretch and stiff body, he is obviously not finding it easy at all, buteventually after like 5 to 10mins of struggle, d poo will.come out. Pls.what can I do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
miracletoday:
Pls help o.My 6weeks baby always find it hard to poo. He is exclusively breastfed, but I m being tempted to give him water. He will make scary faces, cry, groan,stretch and stiff body, he is obviously not finding it easy at all, buteventually after like 5 to 10mins of struggle, d poo will.come out. Pls.what can I do.
In my little knowledge ma, I'll advice you increase your fruits intake.. Other Sabi mamas too will add to it

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by miracletoday: 12:22am On Jun 13, 2022
Omakraid:

In my little knowledge ma, I'll advice you increase your fruits intake.. Other Sabi mamas too will add to it
I ve beenneating fruits all along, maybe I need to increase. How is your LO?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:00am On Jun 13, 2022
miracletoday:
pls go n buy him infacol... Infacol wil help him wit his digestive track n do more of bicycle excercise 4 him... Its wat i did 4 my boy wen e cind it hard to poop himself... I used infacol 4 him at every feed.. D infacol helped alot n e didnt even hv d colic... I guess d infacol eliminate d colic along wit his gas problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2022
miracletoday:
I ve beenneating fruits all along, maybe I need to increase. How is your LO?
Aww... Also increase your water intake, he'll be fine. She's doing good ma, thank you ...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gracygem100: 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pls is mist magnesium good for a 1month old baby to stop stomach discomfort?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gracygem100: 12:36am On Jun 14, 2022
kokaiye:
hello mummy neto... Dnt worry wit time she will understand d assignment... My mom didnt potty train my son, he understood d assignment himself by studing people around him he noticed dey were alwz goin to d toilet to ease demsef n noticed how my little broda too ease himsef so e stated coping everybody til he too is now a pro... Thou he is 2yrs 6 month... If u cn hv patience... Let ur baby explore n understand tinz hersef... Dnt force her
My son is 3yrs and 9months, I have tried everything within my reach to potty train him but he still wees and poos on his body. Wat else can u do cos I've decided to wait it out till he learns it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by miracletoday: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
kokaiye:
pls go n buy him infacol... Infacol wil help him wit his digestive track n do more of bicycle excercise 4 him... Its wat i did 4 my boy wen e cind it hard to poop himself... I used infacol 4 him at every feed.. D infacol helped alot n e didnt even hv d colic... I guess d infacol eliminate d colic along wit his gas problem
Mama,he is on infacol and it is helping with d gas alot. This poo is d issue, I v increase water and fruit intake.thqnks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2022
This is why I am never too in a hurry to announce my bfp. Because I might be disappointed at the end. Another miscarriage at 7 weeks. Baby embryo stopped growing. No heartbeat. This is the second miscarriage the first was December. What could be the cause mamas. Am devastated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
miracletoday:
Please copy this link, watch the video and also read the caption.
If you’re unable to just search for thenoisynaijapaediatrician on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce09Jdljfeu/?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
miracletoday:
Mama,he is on infacol and it is helping with d gas alot. This poo is d issue, I v increase water and fruit intake.thqnks ma
u shld knw dt sm ebf baby take 3,4,5 days to poo.. It is said dt dis is so bcs dey r usin all d food dey cn gt to add weight... My first was lik dt but my second baby wasnt lik dt... I call him onidi pepeye cs e can poop 4 to 5times in a day lol n its not dt e has diarrhea n e is adding weight pretty well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gracygem100: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
kokaiye:
u shld knw dt sm ebf baby take 3,4,5 days to poo.. It is said dt dis is so bcs dey r usin all d food dey cn gt to add weight... My first was lik dt but my second baby wasnt lik dt... I call him onidi pepeye cs e can poop 4 to 5times in a day lol n its not dt e has diarrhea n e is adding weight pretty well.

My 4 weeks old poo like 7-8times in a day and he is on ebf. Could it be d mist magnesium water I give him for stomach pain and she is not really adding weight

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 3:44am On Jun 16, 2022
Good morning mama pls I need help one my baby doesn't eat has she should as a 8month+ baby . We make 100ml formula for her and she will hardly finish it at once dat 100ml she can take it up to 3 times within two hours I was giving her apatmil then I thought maybe she was tired of that dats why she wasnot eating I changed it to sma gold still d same . I give her papa and cereal which she takes more Dan d formula infact sef sumtime she won't take it d cereal or pap . Ve trid giving her multivitamin to booamst her appetite I tired abidec and wellkids I saw no changes like dat .. she is doing well active and meeting her milestone as she started crawling and clapping. Pls what will you suggest I do to boost her eating ...

Secondly for some few days now she been running a bit of temperature and ve given her paracetamol.. but d temp is going off and on she is not stolling or cranky pls can it be teething or should I carry her to d hospital
Thirdly please what can I give her to help reduce her teething discomfort and pain

Sorry for my long post just a confused FTM
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2022
gracygem100:

My son is 3yrs and 9months, I have tried everything within my reach to potty train him but he still wees and poos on his body. Wat else can u do cos I've decided to wait it out till he learns it
Some children will learn on their own like my first. The second one, I had to go the African way, with cane sometimes.

However, I noticed that it was also ineffective if I stop.

So what I did was interval training. At regular intervals, like one or two hours, I would put him on the potty and he would go. Gradually he learnt that especially during the holidays when we had plenty time together. You can try this too.

Now he only poos on his body when he's with unfamiliar people and can't find the potty anywhere.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gracygem100: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Some children will learn on their own like my first. The second one, I had to go the African way, with cane sometimes.

However, I noticed that it was also ineffective if I stop.

So what I did was interval training. At regular intervals, like one or two hours, I would put him on the potty and he would go. Gradually he learnt that especially during the holidays when we had plenty time together. You can try this too.

Now he only poos on his body when he's with unfamiliar people and can't find the potty anywhere.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate and will work on dat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Good morning Mama's

I have a wooden baby cot for sale
Very neat with 2 bedsheets

What's app me with 08064663897 if you're interested.

Thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Layormiii(f): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
Good evening mamas, my 5day old baby still hasn't collected my breast o. Had him through cs and so the nurses already fed him Nan, my breast didn't bring out milk on time so I continue with Nan.
When breast brought out milk nipple no gree commot again, I have a very small nipple.. now he is use to feeding bottle long mouth he doesn't even have patience to lactatte on my nips .. he just start crying when I try to breast feed him and happily rush feeder. . So we had to get bress pumping machine to be pumping milk out for him to drink which isn't the best option to be honest. I am just so frustrated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 5:21am On Jun 17, 2022
Good morning mamas.
Please come to my rescue ooo. I don't know what else to do.My 11months old isn't feeling strong at all, though he tries to play but he's weak.
It started when he was 10months, we did FBC and found out he has malaria 2+, he was treated, he still wasn't getting any better took him to the hospital he was birthed, we did the test again and malaria + and infection as the white blood cells was high. Canola was fixed treated again but mamas my boy is still weak. Once he eats, he will be very uncomfortable, till he vomits or stays at least 30-45mins. He's a very active child and turned inactive which is giving me concern. I can't count my trips to the hospital Infact the last public holiday I was at Mother and child, Gbaja yet the doctors will be telling me nothing wrong with him that he's healthy and active, experience mothers will be telling me its teething. The funny part is that at the hospital he will be active so people will be like you are worried for nothing, I almost quarrelled with the doctor at Gbaja.
My dear mothers please help me anyone experienced such or knows what I can do. This child is no longer active and always want to lie down, you will see he's eager to play but no strength and he's loosing weight.
Please help a worried mother out I can't even concentrate at work, I no longer smile. ����
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2022
Ayauche:
Good morning mamas.
Please come to my rescue ooo. I don't know what else to do.My 11months old isn't feeling strong at all, though he tries to play but he's weak.
It started when he was 10months, we did FBC and found out he has malaria 2+, he was treated, he still wasn't getting any better took him to the hospital he was birthed, we did the test again and malaria + and infection as the white blood cells was high. Canola was fixed treated again but mamas my boy is still weak. Once he eats, he will be very uncomfortable, till he vomits or stays at least 30-45mins. He's a very active child and turned inactive which is giving me concern. I can't count my trips to the hospital Infact the last public holiday I was at Mother and child, Gbaja yet the doctors will be telling me nothing wrong with him that he's healthy and active, experience mothers will be telling me its teething. The funny part is that at the hospital he will be active so people will be like you are worried for nothing, I almost quarrelled with the doctor at Gbaja.
My dear mothers please help me anyone experienced such or knows what I can do. This child is no longer active and always want to lie down, you will see he's eager to play but no strength and he's loosing weight.
Please help a worried mother out I can't even concentrate at work, I no longer smile. ����
Sorry about that mama.. If the doctor you have been seeing is not a paediatrician, do take him to see one and express your concerns as stated here. Let them have him checked.. Does he eat well, please feed him well with fruits and if necessary get him multivitamins as well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2022
Layormiii:
Good evening mamas, my 5day old baby still hasn't collected my breast o. Had him through cs and so the nurses already fed him Nan, my breast didn't bring out milk on time so I continue with Nan.
When breast brought out milk nipple no gree commot again, I have a very small nipple.. now he is use to feeding bottle long mouth he doesn't even have patience to lactatte on my nips .. he just start crying when I try to breast feed him and happily rush feeder. . So we had to get bress pumping machine to be pumping milk out for him to drink which isn't the best option to be honest. I am just so frustrated.
Sorry cappo, hunger and patience are not friends when food is on ground.. Have you tried massaging and pulling out your nipples? Maybe you should also try putting him to the breast when he's not so hungry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dora7891(f): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2022
Ayauche:
Good morning mamas.

Hello ma. You could go to my hospital (kelina hospital) let them attend to you. If you need to talk to me message me at wajedora@gmail.com I’m a nurse there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 10:16am On Jun 17, 2022
dora7891:

Hello ma. You could go to my hospital (kelina hospital) let them attend to you. If you need to talk to me message me at wajedora@gmail.com I’m a nurse there

Thank you I appreciate. Will send you a mail now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 10:19am On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=Omakraid post=113881543]
Sorry about that mama.. If the doctor you have been seeing is not a paediatrician, do take him to see one and express your concerns as stated here. Let them have him checked.. Does he eat well, please feed him well with fruits and if necessary get him multivitamins as well[/quote

Since this illness started, he eats, just that he will still vomit. I will get him fruit. Am grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:31am On Jun 17, 2022
gracygem100:

My 4 weeks old poo like 7-8times in a day and he is on ebf. Could it be d mist magnesium water I give him for stomach pain and she is not really adding weight
it cant b d mist mag cs mist mag help babies apart frm digestion track issues... If ur baby isnt adding weigh n poos alot... U gaz change ur diet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2022
Mzwealthy:
Good morning mama pls I need help one my baby doesn't eat has she should as a 8month+ baby . We make 100ml formula for her and she will hardly finish it at once dat 100ml she can take it up to 3 times within two hours I was giving her apatmil then I thought maybe she was tired of that dats why she wasnot eating I changed it to sma gold still d same . I give her papa and cereal which she takes more Dan d formula infact sef sumtime she won't take it d cereal or pap . Ve trid giving her multivitamin to booamst her appetite I tired abidec and wellkids I saw no changes like dat .. she is doing well active and meeting her milestone as she started crawling and clapping. Pls what will you suggest I do to boost her eating ...

Secondly for some few days now she been running a bit of temperature and ve given her paracetamol.. but d temp is going off and on she is not stolling or cranky pls can it be teething or should I carry her to d hospital
Thirdly please what can I give her to help reduce her teething discomfort and pain

Sorry for my long post just a confused FTM
if she is adding weight u gat no problem... If she is feelin discomfort frm teething h can give r paracetamol to ease d discomfort.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2022
Layormiii:
oh God!!! My sister... D frustration is unbelievable... Dis is wat i faced wit my LO too ooo... Til now he didnt suck my breast... Wen i offer him breast e cries frm friatration 4 not getting milk d way e gt it frm bottle n wen i offer bottle. E suck frm it like milk is going on extinct.... So i just stick to pumping n We r still pumping breastmilk ooo n its going to 4months n planning to do dis til e is 1yr by God's grace... I c dt pumping brings out most of d breast nutrients dan baby sucking... D hing n foremilk mixed together... People dont believe my baby is just 14weeks old cs he looks like 6months old baby.... Pumping is not fun i must tell u... But d result i c on my baby is mkin me not regretting him not lashing on breast.... People here told me i shldnt ve offered bottle but syringe to feed him in d first place dt onces baby gt use to smtin, dey dont wanna let go... Welcome to motherhood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2461) (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.