Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4422136 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
corrall: Hmmm, hi friends, I want to start introducing solids to my 6 month old. All advices are needed. What do I start with? How do I go about it. Thanks
I started wit boiled potato wit oil,crayfish&fish+little salt then riped plantain cooked d same way.Sh also liked it fried too then fish&meat (grated) alone cos its soft.Then amala/semo wit drool soup whch sh hated so much then mashed rice then yam.U keep tryin&observin.Wen d teeth coms out then u stat givin evrythng

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
pinkydaisy: Hello mums,,new in here, had my baby on the 16th of May and to God be the glory. It has been from one problem to the other but all is well now, i can boldly come to this thread to learn more.
My baby didn't poop after the initial 4/5 days of mecomium,,,,,,she finally pooped after almost 11 days, come and see screaming and tears in the little angels eyes ,,,,but God being so merciful, she passed poop and has been calmer since then. People said it had to do with my diet but i have been reading online that it happens most times to most babies.

After her birth, i noticed her eyes were kind of off coloured from what am used to seeing in most new borns and drew the attention of the doctor to it but he kept on insisting it was normal, not until after about 24 hours when i noticed her pee was so concentrated and practically screamed the doctor into having a look at her,,,my sisters when she was tested for Jaundice, it was so high(the normal level of Billirubim for infants is about 2 but my baby's was 12 ) they began treatment for Jaundice with photo-theraphy for about 3 days and nights, i was just crying like a baby watching her under the heat of that light Unclad and alone. Her skin got so burnt and she lost so much weight very fast,you could just see her disapearing right before your eyes, worst of all, my milk refused to flow.
When we were finally discharged, i took my angel home preparing to start motherhood in peace, when it was noticed that the baby had more than the usual opening on her skull,,the Yorubas call it Oka,,hope i spelt it right? and the igbos call it ngbuwaisi,,,,,my dears, come and see panicking, everybody kept on bringing suggestions on how to help the skull cover up fast and sincerely i was at my wits end. i just turned to God in prayer and reminded him that his gifts added no sorrows so why am i jumping from one problem to the other with my gift that he has given me.I cried and cried unto God and finally somehow, i received his grace on what advice to listen to and what to discard.
Presently, my angel is thriving and she even smiles now, funny. She is eating fine and gaining the weight, slowly but surely.

Long and short of this is that every mother knows her baby best and should pay close attention to the child, always ask questions and be ready to sieve the responses you receive, discarding the unnecessary advices without being rude. Most of all,,God alone knows these babies best, always ask him for his grace and guidance on how to take care of your baby and please worry less cos God can not bring you this far to leave you.

IT IS WELL.
My dear, what did u name this special baby? Some drs can b dumb. U'r so lucky d jaundice was arrested early cos I knw a neighbour of ours dat my mum keeps sayin that d child is slow because jaundice damaged his brain so I asked my dr&said its true&happens if not discovered early enough.As for d wide opened frontanelle, I remember that one of my brothers had it at infancy or so&I remember these traditional ppl used clay or whateva that was to design his head for a long tym.Well, I hope ur baby gets thru it cos my mum said it makes children not to gain weight eventhough they're feedin well.We mothers, God is our strength
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
blank:

It is your choice as to where your baby should sleep. I find that having a baby cot is a waste and ends up taking space in your room. However, you have to balance it with the danger of rolling ontop of your baby while sleeping. There are other benefits and disadvantages for both choices. It is your choice. You can do some more research.

Your hospital will give you a list of things to bring to the hospital. You can ask the matron there.
Baby bed is a waste of money.My baby started sleepin wit us frm birth cos I was too tired to b getting up to pick hef frm the cot so sh got used to it&refused to leave our bed til today so if u want to use d bed start frm day 1 b4 d baby wil get used 2ur bed.Now my boo complains a lot&babe refused to stop breastfeeding early enough so learn frm my mistake.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
casler: pls mothers in the house,my baby has been 5kg since her 9 th week,she is now in Her 17th week,she nurses for@just five mins every hour or two so worried we v been EBF,v tried to get her to drink milk or cereals,she isnt,so confused,pls help
Walai.Its an unusual developmental milestone.My pediatrician said d baby is supposed 2gain atleast 1-1.5kg evry month frm d birth weight.17wks is abt 4mths unless d baby was premature.What did d dr say when u went 4immunization cos where i go to, u hav 2c d dr 2observe yr baby b4 sh prescribes d immunization.C the dr b4 u take any advice frm ppl.If sh prescibes artificial milk, then u'l knw u'v satisfied ur conscience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
@Jade pls enlighten us more. do u mix milk and soya with pap for ur baby? cos we were told at the Health center to mix pap with oil and with either soya or milk or grounded groundnut or grounded crayfish. but its like u are mixing two ingridents with pap. could u pls tell us how u do it? ho w can one get soya? can one mix soya and milk together?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chacha3(f): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
@Jade,tanx I have actually stopped feeding him wit cerelac, am giving just breastmilk nd water though I have bought friso gold(rice Based) and after tomoro I wil start feedin him wit it also pap is not a bad idea cos its more natural wit less additives so I will give him pap as well. After all its easy to make and even more affordable. With his reaction I will take my time and then gradually introduce other solids to him. I may later give him cerelac and then goldenmorn and other foods. It has not been funny anyway,kids are different cos I never experienced this with my first baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 1:54am On Jun 19, 2013
@jade. thanks for d info, thought I wasnt doing it rightly. at six mnth my baby didnt lik pap(wit or witout soya+)nd cries wn he sees it. I decided to start again now at 8+mnths but dis time wit milk nd crayfish and he loves it!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 7:43am On Jun 19, 2013
@itmelex do u mix d pap with crayfish n milk together before feeding ur baby?
@jade is it that i can mix soya beans flour with pap n then mix it with her formula? Pls enlighten me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Omogemi, I usually mix the soya and milk immediately I bring the pap down from fire. You know both are in powder form so I add a little hot water and pour them in, the water helps smoothen the powder.
omogemi: @itmelex do u mix d pap with crayfish n milk together before feeding ur baby?
@jade is it that i can mix soya beans flour with pap n then mix it with her formula? Pls enlighten me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Chacha, please do not give your child goldenmorn till s/he is 3 years, its written on the pack.
chacha3: @Jade,tanx I have actually stopped feeding him wit cerelac, am giving just breastmilk nd water though I have bought friso gold(rice Based) and after tomoro I wil start feedin him wit it also pap is not a bad idea cos its more natural wit less additives so I will give him pap as well. After all its easy to make and even more affordable. With his reaction I will take my time and then gradually introduce other solids to him. I may later give him cerelac and then goldenmorn and other foods. It has not been funny anyway,kids are different cos I never experienced this with my first baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
omogemi: @itmelex do u mix d pap with crayfish n milk together before feeding ur baby?

My dear.C what i did.I started givin her pap at 5mths 2wks cos sh got fed up of artificial milk&wud starve til i get back frm work then tak breastmilk so i bought soya plus (at d shop)&made pap myself wit guinea corn&millet.I mak alot&tie in d waterproof,quantity sh'l tak lik 3/4tyms cos her flask is medium size&store in d freezer.Afta makin d pap dat i'l pour in d flask;weneva we want 2giv her (at ist we used feeding bottle but sh stopped likin it so we started usin plate&spoon).I'l dissolve a spoon of soyabean powder (usin d spoon found in NAN)&2spoons of milk in a little warm or cold water dependin on d temperature of d pap then i'l pour in d pap as in d quantity sh'l tak at dat tym,mix&give.Mak d pap 2b thick cos wen u pour it in d dissolved milk&soya,it'l n a little watery.Wen sh got to 8mths& didn't tolerate cerelac&frisocream;i grinded crayfish&oporo,seived 2remove anythng dat'l choke her&stored in a container&also grinded groundnut&poured in a container (d groundnut wil b lik d paste u use in eatin garden egg).U do enuf dat'l last u atleast a mth or 2&keep in d fridge then i add them (crayfish&groundnut:1 teaspoon each&1 full spoon of honey cos i don't use sugar) wen i'm dissolvin d pap in cold water&i don't add 2much cold water wen dissolvin d pap.I added palmoil twice&sh didn't lik it so i let dat one go.Did i mention i was also usin honey wen sh got to 6mths til date.Original honey is good cos my baby has neva suffered frm cough or cattarrh even wen evrybody in d house has it.On d net,they said its not 2b used til d baby is a yr but my mum said sh used it for us frm 6mths&my baby is fyn.Sh has neva purged except wen sh took cerelac&frisocream.D only tym sh has high fever is wen sh's bringin out teeth&my mum said its genetic frm my side.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2013
maran1983: Chacha, please do not give your child goldenmorn till s/he is 3 years, its written on the pack.
Somone started a trend here talkin abt golden morn not to b given 2children below 3&lateron, a nestle representative posted a mssg here on NL correctin that notion&-as he/sh said, that what was written on the pack b4 abt golden morn bn given 2children above 3yrs has bn erased&has bn improved&fortified wit vit A. D ones I bought recently, its nolonger written there.Although my baby so hates golden morn for no just reason, I started givin it 2her once sh turned one yr.2improve d taste, i mix it wit cow&gate banana&strawberry flavour or purity cereal, d strawberry flavour too&takes it.Weaning a child is so exhausting&confusin esp if u happen 2hav a picky child.2day sh likes dis, 2moro, sh'l refuse 2eat dat same thng u thoght sh liked.Its crazy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chacha3(f): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
@Maran,I neva meant giving him goldenmorn immediately shaa cos there are alot of baby foods so am nt in ahurry to feed him dat,though for my gurl morn morn as she calls it is her favorite it has bn since she was one. I have soaked my guinea corn already,on to pap tins. Just pray it wil suit his body system and friso gold as well. @ Jade, tanx for d clarification hv bought goldenmorn for yrs now and I neva knew abt d 3yrs stuff cos I hv neva checked. I am so so frustrated,today I wil buy dis tomoro I wil keep it aside,hmmmm just SMH. May God help us all,am nt complaining anyway cos I so love my kids.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
omogemi: @Jade pls enlighten us more. do u mix milk and soya with pap for ur baby? cos we were told at the Health center to mix pap with oil and with either soya or milk or grounded groundnut or grounded crayfish. but its like u are mixing two ingridents with pap. could u pls tell us how u do it? ho w can one get soya? can one mix soya and milk together?
My dear, I mix both soya&milk&wen sh grew 2d age dat her system can digest,I started addin crayfish&groundnut&honey 2her pap cos I don't use sugar. If u google or look at what is written on d container of d soya, u'l realize it only contains but a few nutrients then look at d constituents of d milk u'r using whch is written on d container then u'l realise u can neva substitute milk.So I'l advice u 2use d 2 dear.Soya is just proteinous, while milk contains a lot both folic acid, iron, zinc, iodine&so many vitamins.I tried palmoil&she didn't tak it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
chacha3: @Maran,I neva meant giving him goldenmorn immediately shaa cos there are alot of baby foods so am nt in ahurry to feed him dat,though for my gurl morn morn as she calls it is her favorite it has bn since she was one. I have soaked my guinea corn already,on to pap tins. Just pray it wil suit his body system and friso gold as well. @ Jade, tanx for d clarification hv bought goldenmorn for yrs now and I neva knew abt d 3yrs stuff cos I hv neva checked. I am so so frustrated,today I wil buy dis tomoro I wil keep it aside,hmmmm just SMH. May God help us all,am nt complaining anyway cos I so love my kids.
I read whats written on d tin or sachet of food items al d tym.I learnt it frm a programme called great expectations whch is a south african program, televised on e southafrica, chanel 250 on dstv by 10.30am wk days.U'l learn a lot.They talk abt different topics evryday&its educative.On Wednesdays! They do super nanny by 10.30am.They invited a paediatric dr 2wks ago who mentioned that givin children 2much multivitamins or 4 2long isn't good.It makes their bones tender&overstimulates their liver enzymes too so i'v stopped d ABIDEC&kiddipharmaton i was givin my girl b4 cos sh's not a food persn.I so understand d part of a kid refusin or selectin what 2 eat.My girl can overact drama.If u force her, sh'l throw up evrythng.Jeeez.Motherhood is truly d hardest job on earth.So exhausting&challenging&I am so complaining&I'm so scared of gettin knocked up again.My husbnd has bn makin side comments lik when ar we welcomin another littlevand I'm like wil u do d breastfeeding and latenyt work?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2013
pinkydaisy: Hello mums,,new in here, had my baby on the 16th of May and to God be the glory. It has been from one problem to the other but all is well now, i can boldly come to this thread to learn more.
My baby didn't poop after the initial 4/5 days of mecomium,,,,,,she finally pooped after almost 11 days, come and see screaming and tears in the little angels eyes ,,,,but God being so merciful, she passed poop and has been calmer since then. People said it had to do with my diet but i have been reading online that it happens most times to most babies.

IT IS WELL.
My dear, wen u bcom a mother, u'l b getting advice frm here&there.My baby started constipatin afta 2wks of birth.As in sh started constipatin&holdin back stool.They said it was my diet.I didn't believe that cos sh was takin only breast milk&I was barely eatin back then.I tak tea&pap&lots of vegetables&rice, wheat or semo, beans&lots of fruits.I was vry keen on my diet so 4them 2say it was my diet was lame cos I was goin 2toilet well.They were busy tellin me d probable cause but no one told me d solution.I took her 2d dr&sh didn't knw what 2figure out so sh told me 2giv her orange but I refused because of d exclusive I was doin.Stil 5days later, no poo so I tried d orange.Sh took little lik 30mls or so&refused 2tak more&stil no poo 2days later.I'l press her tummy wit hit, stil nothin&sh started eatin less&was gasing alot.So I decided 2use my initiative.I bought glycerine oil&also olive oil; when I was bathing her, I bought 5mls syringe cos thats what I noticed they used 2giv her drip water in hospital wen my breastmilk was not flowin so I used d 5mls syringe, drew 2mls of glycerine&2mls of olive oil&pushed it slowly in2 her bom bom holdin her 2legs up so dat it can decend.Afta then, I rubbed her 2bom bom 2geda, 2mix d poop wit d oil then I put my finger (d one afta d thumb) in2 her anus&started bringing out hard stool in bits then that stimulation made her poop.Afta then, sh ate well&slept.Al was my initiative&used that method wheneva sh constipated. I even taught my friends who had similar experience.That's JADE's Anatomy.Just thought I shld share it incase there's somone out there it could help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2013
labella12: Hi mums in the house
I tried to research on giving chocolate drinks milo or ovaltine to babies and all the info I got says its not good for children under one year. And I am seeing different info here. Pls can you share source of info as I was thinking of ways to make my 8 month old who doesn't want formula to take milk. Thanks
My dear, I'l advice u wait 4ur baby 2b 1yr b4 u introduce beverage.My baby rejected milk at abt 6mths so at 7 mths, I started addin milo.It changed d consistency&colour of her stool&sh started sleepin less&bcame hyperactive.My frnd told me that beverages contain caffeine&is not good for young children&my baby started experiencin al d side effects of caffeine so I stopped&thank God it didn't hav any effect.Thank God 4dis trend.Learn frm others.Now my baby is ova a yr&-takes abt 250mls of tea wit complan beverage&a times milo 2xs a day.Havn't tried ovaltine yet.Although my frnd started giving her baby Holicks frm 6mths til now that sh's 11 mths.Sh adds it to al her food both friso cereal, cerelac&tea 2gether with friso gold milk&d girl is ova sharp.Started walkin at 9mths&can talk lik mama,dada,bye bye, understands sit/lie down&so on.I didn't bother buyin holicks cos its so sweet.I'l leak it al&its quite expensive.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=chacha3] I am so so frustrated,today I wil buy dis tomoro I wil keep it aside,hmmmm just SMH. Lol, we are in the same boat!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2013
Yea, Jade, I used to watch that programme too when I was on maternity leave but not anymore cos of work. I better stop giving my kids Abidec, I'll introduce honey too. Thanks for the heads up.
Jade William:
I read whats written on dtin or sachet of food items al d tym.I learnt it frm a programme called great expectations whch is a south african program, televised on e southafrica, chanel 250 on dstv by 10.30am wk days.U'l learn a lot.They talk abt different topics evryday&its educative.On Wednesdays! They do super nanny by 10.30am.They invited a paediatric dr 2wks ago who mentioned that givin children 2much multivitamins or 4 2long isn't good.It makes their bones tender&overstimulates their liver enzymes too so i'v stopped d ABIDEC&kiddipharmaton i was givin my girl b4 cos sh's not a food persn.I so understand d part of a kid refusin or selectin what 2 eat.My girl can overact drama.If u force her, sh'l throw up evrythng.Jeeez.Motherhood is truly d hardest job on earth.So exhausting&challenging&I am so complaining&I'm so scared of gettin knocked up again.My husbnd has bn makin side comments lik when ar we welcomin another littlevand I'm like wil u do d breastfeeding and latenyt work?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:37am On Jun 20, 2013
tjskii: Pls help o,my 16month old piks things up from d floor and swallows it(dis mornin he pikd up smthng metalic from his toycar and befor I cud get it out of his mouth wth all his plenty sharp teeth,he had swalowed it)I'm at my wits end right now and d most annoying thing is he refuses to eat good food,hed rather pik up stuff from d ground
My dear, my baby was so good at picking thngs frm d floor even wen u giv her food 2eat, sh'l pour it on d floor&start pickin frm there so we started sweepin d floor lik 10tyms a day&we' l hit her hand weneva sh picks thngs frm d d floor&-tel her 'dirty'.With tym, sh's stoppin it.We started early 2correct that habit. The ist word sh learnt was dirty.Now sh picks thngs&bring it 2u&say dirty. My anty said its because we didn't use pacifier 4her dats y sh develped that habit. But I used pacifier 4her cos frm 2mths +, sh started suckin hand so we'l wear her socks on d hand but sh'l stil suck d socks.So I got pacifier&it helped 2stop d hand suckin.Sh used that til sh got to 8mths then we stopped&sh started pickin thngs.My frnd still uses pacifier even though her baby is abt 18mths&I noticed d girl doesn't really pick thngs lik that.Motherhood is damn hard.U'l keep wanderin what u ain't doing right

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2013
maran1983: Yea, Jade, I used to watch that programme too when I was on maternity leave but not anymore cos of work. I better stop giving my kids Abidec, I'll introduce honey too. Thanks for the heads up.
Ok.My neighbour has pvr decoder so they record d program 4her then wen we com back, we watch it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2013
naanxie: Am glad i came acroos this! My niece has this boil like stuff on her head and some parts of her body! At first,it doesn't itch,thatz when we took her to d hospital,doctors prescribed some stuffs and calamine lotion but they kept comin! Now they pain her and they are larger in size! Plz what can be d cause
My sister's baby had that too wen sh went to serve at Maidugri.Sh just had 2redeploy cos d wheather was harsh so a pharmacist prescribed ampiclox syrup 6hrly for 5days&a cream called visita plus&genticin ointment&it cleared up within 4days. Calamine lotion is for itchin cos I knw its used 4measles&chicken pox&not for boil.At ist they said it was teething but d gum wasn't swollen or anythng&even afta 2mths, there was no teeth so don't buy everything ppl say.Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
@Jade,thanks alot for taking out time to post all this,i can say i've learnt one or two things from ur post and i'm sure others too must have learnt something. My baby started walking at 7mths and teething at the same time.I introduced milo & golden morn to her at 10+ though i give her in small quantity.Now she's 11mths+ and she understands sit,stand,go & bring that thing,lie down,lol!The only thing that worries me now is that she's having a rough skin,don't really know what to do about that!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
I v really learned a lot on this forum. Its really 'info-educational' (pls pardon my english)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
Thanx Jade for d xplanation on d soya and milk. I prepared it for her an hour ago and added one scoop of soya and one scoop of her formula and water to see how her system will take it. Immediately she tasted it, she took it. Though not much, like half d preparatn coz she's teething but i m happy she took it. Thanks a great deal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
imurboss: @Jade,thanks alot for taking out time to post all this,i can say i've learnt one or two things from ur post and i'm sure others too must have learnt something. My baby started walking at 7mths and teething at the same time.I introduced milo & golden morn to her at 10+ though i give her in small quantity.Now she's 11mths+ and she understands sit,stand,go & bring that thing,lie down,lol!The only thing that worries me now is that she's having a rough skin,don't really know what to do about that!
Kudos my dear, ur baby is pretty fast.How do u cope with tryin 2restrict d places sh enters.Cos d work there is restricting d baby.My girl goes evrywhere within a twinkle of an eye&keeps us on feet chasing her around.Sh goes 2electric socket, kitchen&evrywhere.Inshort,we had 2b leavin her in d walker&sh'l scream&cry then we'l bring her out&back her then sh'l sleep. But now, sh's calmer as sh's growing.My pediatrician told me 2b using sebamed when my baby started teething&had teething rash.My dear, I bought d soap #700 or so&d cream abt 1200/1500 for a smal lotion container.D soap doesn't foam so u hav 2keep rubbing it on the foam so it ends up finishin within 4/5days. Then d cream?? Inshort, I didn't want to continue wit such expenses cos buying pampaers&al these baby food&so on? Jeez. Anyway, try sebamed.It actually cleared d rash&scales frm d rash
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2013
omogemi: Thanx Jade for d xplanation on d soya and milk. I prepared it for her an hour ago and added one scoop of soya and one scoop of her formula and water to see how her system will take it. Immediately she tasted it, she took it. Though not much, like half d preparatn coz she's teething but i m happy she took it. Thanks a great deal
Wen my baby starts teething, sh refuses food&take breastmilk alone.Now dat sh has stopped breastmilk, lastwk, d teething was so bad dat sh was takin tea alone but now sh's ok.Thank God he took little.Soon he'l tak much more&sleep afterwards. Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by judii(f): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
@ Jade William, pls how do u use d Sebamed soap on the affected area? Do u just use it 2 bath or u apply after bath 2 the affected area? I need 2know because my 5month old girl has some rashes on her private. It doesn't cause her any discomfort but I just hate 2 see it whenever I'm changing her diaper. I have used Seudo Crem without result. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
what multivatimins can i use for my 9 months old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by judii(f): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
@ all, my baby is 5months old and she poos 4 to 5 times daily on d average. I know its not normal but don't know what 2 do as d poo is not watery (she's not purging). I buy a pack of huggies and the maximum it lasts is about 2weeks as I have 2 change her like 4 to 5 times, though most times the poo is usually very little after the early morning one. I spend an average of 8 thousand naira on Huggies every month o! Pls help me with suggestions as to what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
imurboss: Hello mummies in the house,how's are little angels doing?

Please,i don't know if anyone is experiencing same thing i am going through.My madam is having bow-legs,i don't know if it's because she has been forcing herself to walk(she started walking at 7m)though i've complained to the DR and he said i shouldn't worry that it will straighten up as she grows older.But i'm just worried ooo(both mum and dad has no bow-leg oo,no one in my family or his has o)
One of my brothers had bowleg&I remember my mum used 2giv him codliver oil&when he got to abt 8yrs, it straightened.Thats y I started as early as 5mths 2start giving codliver oil 2my baby.I don't knw if anyone has other ideas on what can help stop d bowing.I wish u d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JadeWilliam(f): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
judii: @ Jade William, pls how do u use d Sebamed soap on the affected area? Do u just use it 2 bath or u apply after bath 2 the affected area? I need 2know because my 5month old girl has some rashes on her private. It doesn't cause her any discomfort but I just hate 2 see it whenever I'm changing her diaper. I have used Seudo Crem without result. Thanks.
My dear, I use sudocream too wen my girl has rash but doesn't do anythng so I use tribotan cream or visitaplus.Sincerely, let anyone judge me.What I did was I bought tribotan, visita plus, hydrocortisone cream&genticin cream&mixed them all wit little ori then I use it at any area sh has rash.D one I mixed since January is stil remainin&it works lik clears d rash within few days.I do what works 4me.My baby's hair was breakin so somone told me abt Kudos 100% Indian hemp hair cream so I bought it&mixed it wit lots of ori&olive oil hair cream for kids.U need 2c her hair 4mths later.Pls use either tribotan or visitaplus cream. It works single handedly.I don't use soap 2wash my baby's private part

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.