Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,502 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

I Want To Love Again - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Love Again (8221 Views)

My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / st G** / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Love Again by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Godmother: I dnt know what is wrong with me. I find it hard to fall inlove. The last time I loved a guy was 3 years ago. He hurt me badly n I haven't been able to love again.

the fact that you think that love is around every corner streets, with ever donkey out there is your FAIL #1

I have a bf now whom I like and respect but I dnt love him as much as I have tried to. Its like my ability to fall inlove dried up with that guy 3 years ago.

are you saying that you are forcing yourself to love someone, EVEN IF LOVE AINT THERE?! the fact that you believe that LOVE is something you CAN control is your FAIL #2

Its making me lonely and scared.

scared of what if i may ask? being single?
the fact that you still dont see the writing on the wall is your FAIL #3

I'm thinking of letting this guy go cos I dnt think I'm being fair to him.

you are not being fair to YOURSELF, daydreaming about something that was never going to be there (to begin with).
the fact that dumping this guys is still a "thought", and not what you did LAST MONTH, is your FAIL #4
Re: I Want To Love Again by chionyeneye: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Why waste your time, energy and love on someone who treated you badly in the past...am sorry to say these, i think your nuts. Being in your shoes before and trust me its not worth it...move on girl. If you die today because of that guy, many men will surely pass your grave. Love never dies. If you see or have a man who treats you like a queen and have all you want in a man...pour all love on him, you still have so much love in you and alive too. Enjoy babygirl, life is too short to be lamenting on one dude who is certainly not interested in you. Trust me...you will be happier with someone who loves you.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Shingyujnr(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: one thing i have noticed is that people tend to sweep things under the carpet so easily, only for them to creep up later.
as far as i am concerned, you still have trust issues to deal with. you simply need to take time off the dating scene and properly evaluate
yourself.
ask yourself what exactly are you afraid off that is stopping you from falling in love
from experience heart breaks tends to make a person very defensive emotionally, which is quite normal.
so to be able to fall in love again you need to face reality and deal with your fear. otherwise every guy would seem the same to you, which is not entirely true.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Mynd44: 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
LMAO @ MBJ's comment
Re: I Want To Love Again by LordReed(m): 7:05am On Jun 27, 2012
@Godmother
Girl are you still on this issue? Why are you still playing the hurt close to your heart? Until you let go the hurt you are going to be in this place which nobody but you put yourself and only you can get yourself out.

Girl let go of the hurt it is still hurting you. Let go of the past cos it has passed. You have the present to deal with and future to plan for. No driver drives forward all the while looking back, he'll crash - repeatedly; which is what you are doing.

The Word says a good man falls seven times but each time he raises up shakes of the dust and continues on. Loving always leaves us vulnerable (and boy do we like to protect ourselves!) but you can never love if you don't open up. And no one can do this for you but you.
Re: I Want To Love Again by Godmother(f): 8:12am On Jun 27, 2012
^^^ yea its pathetic, I know. I just wish I knew a way to completely shut that part of my life out. And also get over my fear of getting hurt. These days my relatnships dnt go beyond 4 mnths. Once I sense the guy getting close I flee cos I know I ll have to open up to him as well.

I'm going to take the chance and open up this time, come what may
Re: I Want To Love Again by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2012
Godmother: ^^^ yea its pathetic, I know. I just wish I knew a way to completely shut that part of my life out. And also get over my fear of getting hurt. These days my relatnships dnt go beyond 4 mnths. Once I sense the guy getting close I flee cos I know I ll have to open up to him as well.

I'm going to take the chance and open up this time, come what may

That's it girl face your fears. Stare down that hurt. It is in your past but it doesn't define you.

Enjoy your life babes!
Re: I Want To Love Again by AdeniyiA(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
Seems like you are interested dude
yeahhh, still single n searching 4 mine only
Re: I Want To Love Again by Uch74(m): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ȋ̝̊̅ can't understand what U̶̲̥̅̊ mean by U̶̲̥̅̊ want to love again when U̶̲̥̅̊ already have a bf! As far as Ȋ̝̊̅'m concerned, Love is a state of mind.....Free ur mind,soul & body, & decide to love him....Ȋ̝̊̅ assure U̶̲̥̅̊ it works......Do U̶̲̥̅̊ need an angel to come & tell U̶̲̥̅̊ signs of falling in love! Lol....."Ȋ̝̊̅ love when Ȋ̝̊̅ decide to."

1 Like

Re: I Want To Love Again by Orikinla(m): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Poster,
Don't give up on Love.
And don't mistake lust for love.
True love never really ends even when your relationship ends.
One of my ex-girlfriends is now a married woman and mother, but I still love her and she loves me and people still mistake us for a loving couple whenever they see us. Her husband knows she loves me, but he knows I will never disrespect their marriage. And their child loves me like her mother.
Love is the spirit of life and trust it to bring you to the true love of your life.
Just believe in Love and love will take care of you.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Countries With The Most Beautiful & Sexiest Ladies In The Whole World! / Dear Nairalanders, Please Help My Sister. I Dont Want Her To Die Now / Man Leaks Chats And Video of Lesbian disturbing his wife to be (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.