Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage (4736 Views)

Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ads: Too Harsh?! / He Wants To Marry Me But He Says I'm Too Ambitious / My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by kay9(m): 1:19am On Jun 25, 2012
davidylan: ... the REAL REASON is that you are immature, selfish and unable to tolerate the faults of others while assuming you are beyond reproach (this is not an insult to you, i learnt this about me too the hard way).
Bingo. I was wondering how long it'd take before someone pointed this out. In any case, folks with ''its-not-me-its-the-rest-of-the-world'' complexes (like yours truly smiley ) prefer to learn it the hard way, so like relax michelin, u're still young - i kanka, i ga-aghota ije! (when u're older, u'll be wiser!)
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by kay9(m): 2:00am On Jun 25, 2012
shymmex: @Michelin89 has to be the most intelligent, open-minded, and knowledgeable female poster on NL.. cool

Naa, i disagree. I vote Ogugua88 for that position. cool
**closes eyes and imagines ogugua simultaneously preparing delicious egusi soup in his kitchen and discussing the limits of wealth, equity and justice in a capital economy...**
(dont tell her i said so o!!) grin grin grin
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by Johndoe100(m): 2:21am On Jun 25, 2012
The OP is still a child, discussing childish things(you gotta love the reference to Spock, I wamma be Captain Kirk). This thread belongs in the romance or sexuality section.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2012
Johndoe100: The OP is still a child, discussing childish things(you gotta love the reference to Spock, I wamma be Captain Kirk). This thread belongs in the romance or sexuality section.

Seriously shut up! undecided
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by queensmith: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2012
I also think the op should stop reading the negativity on NL and get about more- I only wish i could get more friends on here to balance it out, there are amazing men that will add value to your life. It's not all relationships that require an immeasurable level of tolerance.

Nigerian men will try and have you believe anything so they can continue to act fools, doesn't even stop there a man will say anything to justify his ways. I've seen it all, justifying perversions, infidelity, lies,domestic abuse,ill manners, disrespect you have seen it yourself.

While a majority of these type of people constitute nairaland I know far to many good men with good hearts, you just have to learn to lay off the negative and focus on the positive.

Don't go into dating with a negative POV its not going to help, be positive and try to see the best in people (except nigerians assume the worst! jokes :p).
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
queensmith: I also think the op should stop reading the negativity on NL and get about more- I only wish i could get more friends on here to balance it out, there are amazing men that will add value to your life. It's not all relationships that require an immeasurable level of tolerance.

Nigerian men will try and have you believe anything so they can continue to act fools, doesn't even stop there a man will say anything to justify his ways. I've seen it all, justifying perversions, infidelity, lies,domestic abuse,ill manners, disrespect you have seen it yourself.

While a majority of these type of people constitute nairaland I know far to many good men with good hearts, you just have to learn to lay off the negative and focus on the positive.

Don't go into dating with a negative POV its not going to help, be positive and try to see the best in people (except nigerians assume the worst! jokes :p).

wink i'm an analyzer, remember?
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by maclatunji: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
queensmith: I also think the op should stop reading the negativity on NL and get about more- I only wish i could get more friends on here to balance it out, there are amazing men that will add value to your life. It's not all relationships that require an immeasurable level of tolerance.

And I told you you are just like Michelin89, you were asking what I meant. You are advising OP to do what she says she has been doing. OP, keep analysing,it will serve you well. However, you can improve your chances of finding the kind of person you want by going to the places you are more likely to find them. Take Nairaland as an example, everyone comes here on a blank form, but soon enough, each person will identify the section that best meets his needs on the website. Finding an ideal partner for analytical people is often like that- our chances of finding "the right person" are slimmer than other people because we are likely to drop most people who are likely to be interested in us.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
michelin89:

Who's looking for a husband?

The two of you it seems. tongue grin grin grin grin Ladies, calm down. Let us not derail the topic. Shake hands and move on.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
Asking for suggestions on how to handle a relationship is not the same as looking for a husband. Besides I don't like that expression at all.

If tpiah is looking for a husband, good for her, but I'm not part of her club.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by queensmith: 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
maclatunji:

And I told you you are just like Michelin89, you were asking what I meant. You are advising OP to do what she says she has been doing. OP, keep analysing,it will serve you well. However, you can improve your chances of finding the kind of person you want by going to the places you are more likely to find them. Take Nairaland as an example, everyone comes here on a blank form, but soon enough, each person will identify the section that best meets his needs on the website. Finding an ideal partner for analytical people is often like that- our chances of finding "the right person" are slimmer than other people because we are likely to drop most people who are likely to be interested in us.

I see what you mean, we are saying the same thing. (thought you was trying to take a digg at me there! lol)

I was telling my friend this today!! She was getting worried about finding a partner- I explained to her that we are 'deep thinkers' finding someone like that is obviously not going to be easy!

However you decide to look at it, it's a game of numbers. The lucky ones go first, but the world is too big like Michelin said. There is someone out there for everyone and I prefer one to be 'analytical' with her choices than date every tom and harry for finding a partner sake.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by maclatunji: 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
michelin89: Asking for suggestions on how to handle a relationship is not the same as looking for a husband. Besides I don't like that expression at all.

If tpiah is looking for a husband, good for her, but I'm not part of her club.

The lady doth protest too much... methinks. Relax, I was joking. Contrary to popular belief, I do that a lot. tongue
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by armyofone(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
when you fall in love with someone who really loves you and has your interest, no more long stories wink
the ups and downs of life (school, work, marriage, friendship etc) we can't escape.
Re: I'm Afraid I'm Too Harsh To Endure The Ups & Downs Of Marriage by bendazum: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
kay9:
Bingo. I was wondering how long it'd take before someone pointed this out. In any case, folks with ''its-not-me-its-the-rest-of-the-world'' complexes (like yours truly smiley ) prefer to learn it the hard way, so like relax michelin, u're still young - i kanka, i ga-aghota ije! (when u're older, u'll be wiser!)

lolz. Wouldn't it be late by then? Moreover who wants by marry an old cynical hag. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Im Married But In Love With Another Man / My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability / Letter To My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.