Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? (14947 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Missing Rib / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by maryswags: 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
lilkech: the funniest book of all time has got to be :

THE BOOK OF NIGERIA AND ITS DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE

it is still being written by God himself up till this moment

your copy comes out once you are dead

click HERE to grab your copy now

Veerrrry funny...I forgot 2 laugh *sigh*!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by volcanoash(f): 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
One week one trouble by Anezi Okoro.

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by lepasharon(f): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
Confessions of a shopaholic cheesy
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by savanto: 12:01am On Jun 26, 2012
1. Miss Shumway waves a wand- James Hadly Chase
2. The Adventurer - Harold Robins
3. One is not enough- Sidney Sheldon.

Believe me, I've read many novels in my life and thses are most hilarious. Anybody around you go think say you don kolo when dey see you dey scatter your Dada!!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by savanto: 12:03am On Jun 26, 2012
Sorry the third one is: Once is not enough.
I'm typing frm my phone hence the error.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by mjbaba: 12:45am On Jun 26, 2012
The lonely londoners, Miss Shumway waves a wand, road to gandolfo
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Mayden: 7:27am On Jun 26, 2012
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LeJeun3: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2012
Nobody's Dog -Charlotte G
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by dastudent(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2012
jdoss: Big trouble by Dave Barry

I second
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by stillme(m): 8:08am On Jun 26, 2012
Our husband has gone mad by Ola Rotimi
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by IlCapitano(m): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2012
One Week One Trouble by Anezi Okoro. It's abt a mischievous chap.Outrageously hilarious. Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer has lots of funny moments in it too... Nice memories
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by biodunid: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2012
How I Won The War - Patrick Ryan
Doctor in The House - Richard Gordon
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by PeeBee: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2012
volcano_ash: One week one trouble by Anezi Okoro.
True.

@topic,
The funniest for me, 'The palmwine drinkard' by Amos Tutuola

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by blackgucci(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Cheaper by the dozen!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by lilkech(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2012
maryswags:

Veerrrry funny...I forgot 2 laugh *sigh*!

so it has reached the stage when you actually forget to laugh? you must be getting senile . . . are you really that old?

die first . . . then you would understand the joke

dont let me rush you there okay
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by temi101: 11:12am On Jun 26, 2012
thanks for this thread now i know the next books to look out for...
well here are mine....

Road to omaha(sequel to road to gandolfo)...RObert Ludlum
Sick puppy and native tongue -both by Carl haissen
Lucy Sullivan is getting married- Marian Keyes
Firewall - Andy McNab
i am not really here - Tim allen
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy"- Douglas Adams
and a host of others
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Jochebed7(f): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
Forest of flowers- ken sarowiwa (gr8 collection of stories)

Jero plays- wole soyinka
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by darqly(m): 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Handling Sin - Michael Malone and Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry. Funniest books I ever read. [/font]
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by economia: 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thd Wizard of Law
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
economia: Thd Wizard of Law

Who wrote Wizard of Law?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by etaurus(m): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2012
Dinner for promotion by henshaw .... Its an old play but cant recall d full name of d author
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
etaurus: Dinner for promotion by henshaw .... Its an old play but cant recall d full name of d authour

A play?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by etaurus(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
Larry-Sun:

A play?
yeah
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by chivaley(f): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
@savanto: Once is not enough was written by Jacqueline Susann and not Sydney Sheldon, and while it is one of my favorite books, I fail to see the humor in it.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nickydrake(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
I can't recall any particular titles for novels other than Grisham's The Rainmaker [which has been mentioned] and A number of Hadley Chase stuff.

However, i could put up quite a list of short stories.

Anton Chekhov's Story Without a Title is totally hilarious! But you'd have to wait till the end to feel the kick.

And then pretty much everything by H. H. Munroe [Saki]. This includes Esme, The Story Teller, The Elk,
Herman the Irascible, and Shock Tactics.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
chivaley: @savanto: Once is not enough was written by Jacqueline Susann and not Sydney Sheldon, and while it is one of my favorite books, I fail to see the humor in it.

May God bless you! I've been wondering how Once Is Not Enough by Susanne turned to Sheldon's book. And funny? Nah, it isn't. They might have said that Valley Of The Dolls was written by Shakespeare.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 27, 2012
DailyNews: Hahahaha....okay, okay, my lists goes like this:
1. Chike & The River by Chinua Achebe
2. The Lion & The Jewel by Wole Soyinka
3. The Play of The Giants by Wole Soyinka

No.1, Chike & The River got me laughing from beginning to end, especially when Chike was learning how to ride a bicycle, & when he boarded a lorry from his village to town to spend holiday with his uncle, the name of The lorry still make me laugh any time I remember it- Slow & Steady! Lol. Achebe is a wonderful writer that always have something thrilling & humorous to entertain every of his reader, I give up to him.
The Lion & The Jewel was more than funny, especially how the village belle fell for the photographer who came from township, & how the Lion finally lured her into sleeping with him, Soyinka was awesome there...*smiling*

Then to play of The giants, I am even laughing again as I just remembered it, how Soyinka ridiculed our African leaders, with Idi Amin as the star...what a president, who thinks that when his country money finished, & world bank refused to grant him more loan, that the easiest way to raise more money was to order his CBN governor to get more paper & print more money. & even how he was messing the Russians, Americans, even in their own soil....Soyinka did an awesome work there...funny books, awesome thread, thanks @op!

chike and d river... Lol u have forgotten d SMOG. slogan.
Lion and d jewel.. Lakunle dull d parol.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ticktock-by Dean Koontz. The book is a rib cracker from the very first page to the last. Even Mr Koontz admitted to deliberately making the story that funny because he was trying to de-stress himself after the goin thru the psychological intensity of writing "Dark Rivers of the Heart".
Another extra-ordinarily funny classic is "Great Ponds" by Elechi Amadi. I read the book during my service year some years back,and in the two/three days it took me to finish the story,i was able to forget the misery of my sorroundings {NYSC stuck me in a tiny little hamlet in the middle of nowhere} because i was too busy laughing. Mr Amadi is one of Africa's best writers
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ishilove: Ticktock-by Dean Koontz. The book is a rib cracker from the very first page to the last. Even Mr Koontz admitted to deliberately making the story that funny because he was trying to de-stress himself after the goin thru the psychological intensity of writing "Dark Rivers of the Heart".
Another extra-ordinarily funny classic is "Great Ponds" by Elechi Amadi. I read the book during my service year some years back,and in the two/three days it took me to finish the story,i was able to forget the misery of my sorroundings {NYSC stuck me in a tiny little hamlet in the middle of nowhere} because i was too busy laughing. Mr Amadi is one of Africa's best writers

Tick Tock? That book has been lying in my shelf for months, I have no idea that it's hilarious. I better go and grab it now. I know that Koontz can spin a hilarious yarn after reading Bruno and his Odd Thomas series.
TickTock! Here I come!
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Tick Tock? That book has been lying in my shelf for months, I have no idea that it's hilarious. I better go and grab it now. I know that Koontz can spin a hilarious yarn after reading Bruno and his Odd Thomas series.
TickTock! Here I come!
I've read Bruno. . .it's interesting but i didnt find it all that funny. Same goes for Odd Thomas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / The One So Hot (18+) / An Insightful View Of The Nigerian Psyche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.