Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? (14900 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Missing Rib / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ishilove:
I've read Bruno. . .it's interesting but i didnt find it all that funny. Same goes for Odd Thomas

You mean TickTock is the most hilarious among them? I read and re-read the Bruno and I can't help laughing at the adventure of the alien hunter.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

You mean TickTock is the most hilarious among them? I read and re-read the Bruno and I can't help laughing at the adventure of the alien hunter.
Of all the Koontz novels i've read,i find Ticktock the funniest. Bruno is okay,but not all that
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Tick Tock? That book has been lying in my shelf for months, I have no idea that it's hilarious. I better go and grab it now. I know that Koontz can spin a hilarious yarn after reading Bruno and his Odd Thomas series.
TickTock! Here I come!

With all the death in it Odd Thomas ain't hilarious.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Leefem: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, both by Mark Twain.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

With all the death in it Odd Thomas ain't hilarious.
I concur
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ishilove:
I concur

What really amuses me are the witty words of the Odd one himself. He has the gift of saying amusing words even in the most difficult situation.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Leefem: Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, both by Mark Twain.

I have these Mark Twain's books, but I don't think I'll read them in the next fifty years when I still have unread Sheldons, Irving Wallaces, Koontzs, Jacquelin Susannes, Mario Puzos, Robert Ludlums, Agatha Christies, Jeffery Archers, Pattersons, Sanders, Browns, Kings lying in my shelf.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

What really amuses me are the witty words of the Odd one himself. He has the gift of saying amusing words even in the most difficult situation.

A few amusing words do not make a hilarious novel.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

A few amusing words do not make a hilarious novel.

They do to me, alongside the plot, of course. Like Miss Shumway Waves A Wand.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

They do to me, alongside the plot, of course. Like Miss Shumway Waves A Wand.

And what about the plot of Odd Thomas is hilarious?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

How many Odd's books have you read?

I'm currently reading TickTock, and it's giving me the laughs of the day.

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You're quite aware that he communes with ghosts too, right
? Isn't that funny.

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Gloriagee(f): 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
I do not come to you by chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani is totally hilarious!!! Catch 22 as well, The trials of Bro Jero

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

You're quite aware that he communes with ghosts too, right
? Isn't that funny.

I've only read the first of the series and while it had it's amusements it was in no way hilarious and from what I heard of the other books the same theme continues. It's signature Dean Koontz, he injects humor into landscapes full of suffering which make you remember that despite life's struggles there are still things that can bring you a smile. Humourous books on the other hand are all about the comedy and are guaranteed for laughs.

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
All books by James Herriot, a country vet in England's 1930s. Series such as
All Things Bright and Beautiful
All Creatures great and Small
If Only They Could Talk , and many others.

Some parts of the books you'll literally be ROTFLAO
Great reading for real.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by chivaley(f): 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
@Larry-Sun: Valley Of The Dolls, now that's some book! But I digress...
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Told ya smiley
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2012
Ishilove:
Told ya smiley
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2012
Ishilove:
Told ya smiley

Tommy Phan is a clown! LOL!

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Tommy Phan is a clown! LOL!
Not just Tommy,Deliverance Payne as well! grin
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by DarryOsh(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2012
The other side of the story by [b]Marion keyes [/b]is actually one of the most humourous books i ever laid my hands on. i love [b]antiques roadkill [/b]by [b]barbara allan [/b]as well
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ishilove:
Not just Tommy,Deliverance Payne as well! grin

LOL! I haven't met Payne yet, I'm still where Tommy was trapped in the darkness with the creepy doll. God! It was so so hilarious.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by rash47(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
D children novel 'adventures of souza' is d most funniest work could ever remember

1 Like

Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

[At times I could not continue reading, I was laughing so hard, and a few times I laughed myself into a painful stomachache. The book is that funny.
-National News Bureau]
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
Zas21dwe
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 3:48am On Jul 10, 2012
sosoluv: The importance of being earnest by oscar wilde. One of the quotes that cracked me up...the only way to treat a woman is to make love to her if she is pretty and to another if she is plain...

What a quote! I hope you aren't plain, sosoluv.
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2012
ADWEFF6lol
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:55am On Jul 10, 2012
sosoluv:
i wouldnt have found it to be funny if i was plain lol

We're beginning to digress from the subject, aren't we?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
aws,d0e1fv
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
sosoluv: What do u mean?

Shall we go private, if you don't mind?
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
ASD2Esmiley
Re: Which Novel Has Made You Crack Your Rib With Laughter? by LarrySun(m): 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
sosoluv:
C'mon just tell... I don't mind u telling me here larry smiley

We're way off the subject matter...digressing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Godspower Oshodin Features On 'Gulf Today' Dubai Magazine (Photos) / "Captain Jack": A Val Story Written By John Mfon / I Did Not Rape Christiana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.