Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41292 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
Image123: same folks that would criticise and insult fashola freely, even though they do not live in lagos and are not from lagos, are here talking about who has right to talk.

That is the nature of the beast - Sycophancy!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2012
Image123: same folks that would criticise and insult fashola freely, even though they do not live in lagos and are not from lagos, are here talking about who has right to talk.

There u go again,what don't u understand?Lagos state's in Nigeria so anyone within could be privy of info,if there's the interest,MAD Ayittey was interviewed in America about a country he has never visited tankless of residing,so how did he get his info?if he wasn't very wrong on so many of the issues,maybe we wouldn't have noticed he was hired,but he betrayed his Bias and Ignorance with almost every answer he gave.

You see why some of us Patriotic Nigerians can't be hoodwinked by mere play acting from the Pull him down at all costs Campainers,funny though his list of 'Nigerian Followers'is growing in trickles.Woe unto all of you.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by queensmith: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
tunnytox:

Give us examples of such odd names please

These names of cigarettes and beer is one- I've seen benson, rogers, coker, johnson, (im sure theres guinness) doherty. All sorts of scottish names, Mckaine is definitely the oddest one i've come across.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith:

These names of cigarettes and beer is one- I've seen benson, rogers, coker, johnson, (im sure theres guinness) doherty. All sorts of scottish names, Mckaine is definitely the oddest one i've come across.

Those names are not Yoruba names, they are names adopted by some Yoruba families during their dealings with the Europeans long time ago. Family names like Coker, Da Silva and Fernandez are very popular mostly with Lagosians and Egba people.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith:

i always do that, but only when i hear a funny name. Like Daphne Mckaine. What kind of Nigerian name is that? I've heard some very very odd Nigerian surnames I have to ask where it's from. Not out of tribalism just curiosity.

Weirdest thing is that most of these odd odd surnames are yoruba.
tunnytox:

Those names are not Yoruba names, they are names adopted by some Yoruba families during their dealings with the Europeans long time ago. Family names like Coker, Da Silva and Fernandez are very popular mostly with Lagosians and Egba people.

Like Macaulay.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by queensmith: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
tunnytox:

they are definitely not yoruba names you are right, thats why i have to ask what tribe they are from lol.
Da-silva, you even reminded me, that one wins the prize for weird ass naija name. esp in london. da silva's are everywhere!

Ileke-IdI:

Like Macaulay.

i even forgot about this one. what kind of surname. and the person will now be called stephanie macaulay? and she will be nigerian? You cant blame me for asking what tribe! lol
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by vinmol: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
MEKUNSA OR WAT EVER YOUR NAME IS! MAY YOU GENERATIONS TO COME DIE IN THE HANDS OF BAD GOVERNANCE AND BOKOHARAM!
IF WAT I SAID IS A LIAR WHY ARE YOU SO MAD?…. HE WENT WHERE TO INVITE GE AND BRAZILIAN ELECTRIC COMPANY?
I DON’T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH U BECOS U ARE AS CLUELESS AND AS IGNORANT AND DUMB AS YOUR PRESIDENT….. MY TAKE!
NA UR PAPA GEJ BORN YOU, BECAUSE THE TRAIT IS IN YOU..HEAR YOURSELF, READ YOUR IDIOTIC CLULESS SENSELESS LAME EXCUSES YOU MAKE FOR HIM…I CRY FOR THIS GENERATION FILLED WITH BIGOTS LIKE YOU..
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
vinmol: MEKUNSA OR WAT EVER YOUR NAME IS! MAY YOU GENERATIONS TO COME DIE IN THE HANDS OF BAD GOVERNANCE AND BOKOHARAM!
IF WAT I SAID IS A LIAR WHY ARE YOU SO MAD?…. HE WENT WHERE TO INVITE GE AND BRAZILIAN ELECTRIC COMPANY?
I DON’T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH U BECOS U ARE AS CLUELESS AND AS IGNORANT AND DUMB AS YOUR PRESIDENT….. MY TAKE!
NA UR PAPA GEJ BORN YOU, BECAUSE THE TRAIT IS IN YOU..HEAR YOURSELF, READ YOUR IDIOTIC CLULESS SENSELESS LAME EXCUSES YOU MAKE FOR HIM…I CRY FOR THIS GENERATION FILLED WITH BIGOTS LIKE YOU..

Notice how instead of this one attacking the message, he feels insulting the man for having an opinion makes him better.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
queensmith:

they are definitely not yoruba names you are right, thats why i have to ask what tribe they are from lol.
Da-silva, you even reminded me, that one wins the prize for weird ass naija name. esp in london. da silva's are everywhere!

i even forgot about this one. what kind of surname. and the person will now be called stephanie macaulay? and she will be nigerian? You cant blame me for asking what tribe! lol

Most of them were Slave Returnees from Europe, Brazil and the Carribbean.

Learn Your History!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Chongaiman: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Notice how instead of this one attacking the message, he feels insulting the man for having an opinion makes him better.

Imagine if such a fellow at the mercy of impulse should become president...
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Chongaiman:

Imagine if such a fellow at the mercy of impulse should become president...

In Nigeria, I think it is possible and we will probably get folks who will come tell us he is anointed by God too.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by MurphyInc(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2014
Another reason why GEJ must go !
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 20, 2014
Jesus!!!! This was in 2012 and up till now he is still the same, no change! Oh my God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Peter Obi: Youths With Laptop In Nigeria Arrested, Others Give Laptops To Youths / Buhari And Team Pictured Enjoying Breakfast As They Prepare For Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.