Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41291 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tpia5: 2:27am On Jun 26, 2012
South south people are very close to ghanaians, so they should all sort themselves out.

Gambari ati fulani o lejo nnu.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by aljharem(m): 2:29am On Jun 26, 2012
This GEJ fans would never accept the truth even though it is right infront of them. No being a GEJ fan does not mean we support Buhari and co.

You people are blinded by tribal sentiment. Wake up and smell the coffee, you are just selling your childrens future cuz of tribalism

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by OAM4J: 2:33am On Jun 26, 2012
What a shame!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Bisijohn: 2:35am On Jun 26, 2012
I blame OBJ for introducing "DO or Die" election by not allowing Nigerians to decide by themselves. He had evry opportunity to re-position the Nation well in all spheres, but he abused it. GEJ never prepared to occupy that position and as such he's clueless.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by aljharem(m): 2:36am On Jun 26, 2012
OAM4J: What a shame!

Yes sir

What a [size=18pt]BIG[/size] shame
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by EPOMA(m): 2:38am On Jun 26, 2012
Good it is coming from an outsider, Nigeria is a big Shame

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Jun 26, 2012
2015 is coming, if una like vote GEJ again

If una like vote Fashola

Na ur choice, constant electricity is coming soon Insha Allah in some parts of Nigeria. Make una continue una madness.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by MissEZ(f): 2:42am On Jun 26, 2012
Haha, love this. This is what our Nigerian professors and everybody who has a brain in the country ought to be doing. Challenging the statuesque. Yet anyone that mentions that things arent working here on nairaland, its insult upon insult. Shey now that other African countries are beginning to break it down for us, shame go catch us small.

Like i said on a previous thread yesterday, i am sure GEJ is a decent guy, but he makes a bad president. I take issue with him accepting an office in which he clearly knows that he is incapable of delivering results. Ruling an entire country is not something you gamble with. There are too many lives at stake for such incompetence.

Let the insults begin

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Aringon(m): 2:45am On Jun 26, 2012
Though the President is too dull for my liking but the issue here is that, there are so many students and small boys on this forums that don't know jack and they are the ones insulting and calling people names.

Sorry for the future of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by zmoni: 2:51am On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ is a product of the educational system in Nigeria, the whole country need an urgent overhaul....

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by antitpiah: 2:54am On Jun 26, 2012
zmoni: GEJ is a product of the educational system in Nigeria, the whole country need an urgent overhaul....

here lies the problem . . .

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Ayatullah(m): 3:05am On Jun 26, 2012
Thanks be to ALLAH for the FOREIGN Professor analysis, what will Reuben Abati, Almajiri say to Prof. Ayittey? Thanks be to Allah once again.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Tare55(m): 3:08am On Jun 26, 2012
Ayatullah: Thanks be to ALLAH for the FOREIGN Professor analysis, what will Reuben Abati, Almajiri say to Prof. Ayittey? Thanks be to Allah once again.

You people will go to any length to try to bring down this government. Sorry you wont succeed. Are u tired of bombing?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by etchel(m): 3:11am On Jun 26, 2012
Lost Country,lost president. Tell me why should i still remain a Nigerian. Oh 4 the fraud or what. Even the presidents Answers to questions breeds fraud. Mhen i wonder what president will change Nigeria if an Educated 1 is clueless.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by OAM4J: 3:13am On Jun 26, 2012
Tare55:

You people will go to any length to try to bring down this government. Sorry you wont succeed. Are u tired of bombing?

This is not about "you people" or "those people". This is about GEJ responses. Let's face the real issue and stop throwing the ethnicity card. It is the card many people played that brought us here.

So which of the "You People" does Prof Ayittey belong?

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by moderatorr: 3:13am On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ was awarded his second Phd by a university in Ghana.
The president of Ghana, prof John Evans Ata mills worships in synagogue church of all nations (TB Joshua's church) Nigeria.
So what is this road side prof saying?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 3:14am On Jun 26, 2012
i live here in ghana and one thing i know is that the ghanian president is worse that gej to the extent that everyone calls him mr slow and he too is a professor.even the opinion polls cnducted by his party shows that even from withing hhis party they believe he will loose.so i willl stil give gej a thumbs up and let that ghnian professor face his own country president

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by vickey0011: 3:19am On Jun 26, 2012
Se na person wey no b nigerian go dey teach our president ow to control d country 2 bad sha
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ministergh: 3:19am On Jun 26, 2012
Ghanaian economist George Ayittey was a voice in the wilderness for many years, crying out against the corruption and complacency that -- more than any other factor, he believes -- are the bedrock problems of many troubled Africa states. "We call our governments vampire states, which suck the economic vitality out of the people," he says.
His influential book Africa Unchained has helped unleash a new wave of activism and optimism -- especially in the African blogosphere, where his notion of cheetahs-versus-hippos has become a standard shorthand. The "Cheetah Generation," he says, is a "new breed of Africans," taking their futures into their own hands, instead of waiting for politicians to empower them. (He compares them to the previous "Hippo Generation," who are lazily stuck complaining about colonialism, yet doing nothing to change the status quo.)
Ayittey is a Distinguished Economist in Residence at American University in Washington, DC.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Tadup: 3:28am On Jun 26, 2012
Johndoe100:

You did not settle for him. You and your vampire brothers and sisters tried everything including shedding blood (for which God Almighty will punish you all one by one)to stop us. We the SANE MAJORITY voted PDP and GEJ into office.
another Fisherman!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Femoooo(m): 3:29am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!

I think Mekusnwa is a fool for not facing the reality and for writing all of this rubbish. Ode oshi....

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by aussyroyal(f): 3:31am On Jun 26, 2012
This Ghana must Go prof looks like a clown in that pix, He is the one that needs his head examined. How dare he criticise a country's president that he is not even a citizen of,cheap propaganda! Mtchw
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Femoooo(m): 3:33am On Jun 26, 2012
Ayitteh's comments should not be mixed with his country of origin. The fact is GEJ's govt isn't working. Period.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by EPOMA(m): 3:33am On Jun 26, 2012
moderatorr: GEJ was awarded his second Phd by a university in Ghana.
The president of Ghana, prof John Evans Ata mills worships in synagogue church of all nations (TB Joshua's church) Nigeria.
So what is this road side prof saying?
what is in your hear. i believe its water if you cant see what he is saying
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by KINGwax(m): 3:34am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!
seriously, i dnt like GEJ for a minute, but your analysis is the bomb! Nice one

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by curtain: 3:35am On Jun 26, 2012
Congratulations Ghana, dis is the first sign of boko haram in ghana, i wonder y the prof. expects d president 2 b insincere, when evry fly in borno is a boko member u wnt d president 2 go there?...tell ur sponsors dey hv failed again. Our security is nt as advanced as dat of America, bt am sure its beta dan ghanians, is jst lyk askin yaradua 2 visit d creeks.... D question u shud ask is do politicians really tell d truth abt their assets? The answer is capital NO. So y d hipocrisy of asset declaration, wen d purpose of dat constitutional provision is neva met, i tink dat part of d law shud evn b scraped or amended. Wen has cotton seeds become a bad idea 4 our agrarian communities. must d president farm it himself? Are railway systems nt good measures dat boost rapid economic growth, embraced globally? He must b stupid 4 calin our president a joke. Proper legal measures shud be taken against him or ghanian embassy shud b suspended frm nigeria until dey learn 2 respect us. He is nt evn a political scientist
2 undastand d political terain he is porknosin in2. he is a waste in ghana lookin 4 cheap popularity elsewhere.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ministergh: 3:35am On Jun 26, 2012
ONE THING ABOUT GHANAIANS IS...THEY ARE VERY CRITICAL OF THEIR LEADER. LOOK HERE HOW THEY ARE DOING IT....

The gargantuan questions

Is the president of Ghana, John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills, an honest man?
Does he deserve to be in office for another term?
Do you think President Mills is competent enough to lead Ghana?
Does he have the competent team to work with?
Have those who returned the NDC onto the political scene done Ghanaians any good?
Do you think there was an error of judgment on the part of the electorate in 2008?
Do you think the Ghanaian electorate should also give Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo a chance in the December polls?
“If you want to test a man’s character, give him power” – Abraham Lincoln. In their quest to test the character of the then the presidential candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), the Ghanaian electorate gave their mandate to Prof. John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills in the 2008 presidential election. Prof. Mills, since the year 2000, has made 822 promises and below are some of them. Kindly read and make your own judgment about our president.
Top Promises of President Mills
0. There will be no familial appointments in my government. Who are Dr. Cadman Atta Mills and Samuel Atta Mills? Ato Ahwoi and Kwesi Ahwoi? Alfred Agbesi Woyome and Stan Dogbe? Mahama Iddrissu, Betty Mould-Iddrissu and Alex Mould?, Zita Okai-Koi and Andrews Okai-Koi? Kofi Totobi-Quakyi and Felix Ofosu Kwakye? etc
I will consult Rawlings 24 hours a day – Today, Mills says he is looking for an opportunity to sit down with Rawlings to sort out their differences. Former President Rawlings, the founder of the NDC, now says he has perceived enemies from the opposition and traitors within the NDC hence NDC must return to opposition.
I will hit the ground running – Mills hit the ground and broke his legs. He seems to be crawling as all sectors of the economy are growing slowly.
I will reduce fuel prices drastically – a gallon of petrol has increased from GH¢3.60 to GH¢8.0, showing a drastic increase in price in the last 3 years.
I will put money in your pockets – our pockets are now empty because of increases in utility tariffs (electricity, water, gas) and school fees. Poverty is on the increase and the number of strike actions and demonstrations tell it all.
I will heal wounds and unite the nation – the nation is polarized as the NDC continues to play the tribal card. Ewes occupy 90% of political appointments.
I will make sure there is no NPP Ghana or NDC Ghana – Ghana is seriously divided between NDC and NPP. Politics of ideas has given way to politics of insults.
I will build a factory in each district – Where can we find the factories? Instead, John Mahama is buying bulldozers to kill flies. Over 300 factories were sold by the P/NDC government.
I will make sure all my appointees declare their assets within 6 months into my administration – None of the appointees has declared any asset after 3 years.
I will set up a truly non-partisan and competent commission on the murders of Ya Na and Issah Mobila, and prosecute the killers – There is no evidence for prosecution according to Kofi Adam.
I will avoid the appointment of MPs and Ministers to positions of Chairman of Public Sector Companies to avoid intrusion of the party – Board Chairman of GETFund is Kwabena Adjei (NDC Chairman), Board Chairman of Road Fund – Joe Gidisu (MP), Board Chairman of NHIS, Doe Adjaho (MP). Board Chairman of Ghana Civil Aviation, Alban S.K. Bagbin (Minister and MP).
I will clear all filth in the cities within 100 days – Cholera outbreak is the order of the day. Ghana is ranked the 2nd dirtiest country in West Africa.
I will make Ghanaians pay one-time premium – The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) has collapsed as the one-time premium has given way to ‘Capitation’.
I will give 40% of ministerial appointments to women – Only 11% appointments have been made so far and the maltreatment of Nana Konadu Agyemang and other female journalists are clear examples. NDC has only 4 female MPs as against NPP’s 14. Mills tells Ghanaian women that they are not interested in politics.
I will build 200,000 houses within 5yrs through the STX Korea deal and 30,000 of the houses would be given to the security officers – STX Korea deal is dead.
I will improve the country’s education at all levels – the BECE recorded the worst results for over a decade. Only tea cups embossed with the president’s portrait have been given to these pupils.
I will build 2 universities in the Volta and Brong-Ahafo Regions in this ‘Action Year’ – The construction sites have now turned into zoological gardens.
I will eliminate all schools under trees – In spite of the oil revenue, several schools are still under trees.
I will provide all basic school pupils with school uniforms – for the past 3 yrs only 20% of the pupils have received the free school uniforms.
I will expand the School Feeding Programme to cover all basic schools – that did not happen as some schools in NPP strongholds were removed from the programme for the benefit of those in NDC strongholds.
I will make armed robbery a thing of the past – Social vices are on the increase. Police officers are being killed by armed robbers.
I will provide meaningful jobs for the youth – For the first time in the history of Ghana, there is an Association of Unemployed Graduates, and Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, a Dep. Minister of Local Government, calls them lazy people and sees them as an evil group.
I will generate funds internally and not rely on IMF, World Bank or foreign loans – Surprisingly, the Mills-Mahama NDC government has secured over GH¢18bn loans abroad. Another $3bn from China is in the pipeline. According to Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, Ghana’s debt stood at GH¢25.3m as at 2011.
I will bridge the poverty gap between the north and the south – Poverty between the north and the south is widening.
I will put GH¢600m into the Savannah Accelerated Development Authority (SADA) – In the 2011 Budget Statement, only GH¢8m was voted into it. SADA has come to a standstill.
I will build the Eastern and Western corridor infrastructure – That was a camouflage. The promise of 10% of oil revenue to the people of Western Region was not fulfilled.
I will cut down waste and profligate spending – Mills purchased 5 military aircrafts at a cost of $250m. He spent GH¢48,000 on Nkrumah’s birthday, and GH¢622m on judgment debts, including Woyome’s GH¢51m. The NDC is building a $20m party headquarters in Accra.
I will prosecute my corrupt ministers and appointees without asking for evidence – What happened to ‘Kyinkyinka’ Muntaka (pampers), Mahama Ayarega (tractors), Carl Wilson (imported vehicles), and Asiedu Nketia (block making)? Why are Mills’ appointees committing gargantuan crimes against the state? Why did Mills sack his former Attorney-General, Hon. Martin Amidu?
I will be a father of all Ghanaians – Selective justice has replaced the “father for all mantra”. Why did Mills direct his DCEs/MDCEs to open their doors for only NDC members and sympathizers? Why arrest Hon. Ken Agyepong and leave Nii Lamptey Vanderpuije?
I will not pursue politics of vendetta – Why did the president order his appointees, especially Victor Smith, to seize vehicles and offices belonging to his political opponents? What has happened to ex-president Kufuor’s end of service benefits? Why did the Mills-Mahama government file 13 high profile court cases against its political opponents and lose them all?
I will turn the Golden Jubilee House into a poultry farm – Why is the place being occupied by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?
I will abrogate the Ghana Telecom sale to Vodafone – What are you waiting for, Mr. President? Vodafone is the leading mobile network in Ghana today.
I will probe the Ghana @ 50 celebrations and prosecute all those who misappropriated and misapplied public funds – What came out of the reports by the 23 Commissions of Enquiry set up by the president?
I will modernize agriculture – Agriculture has seen a consistent decline in growth since 2009.
I will cut down rice importation by 50% - Rice importation has increased from $400m to $700m annually.
I will build airports in Cape Coast and Tamale and also build the Kotokoraba market – We are still waiting.
I will improve infrastructure in the country – the President bows down his head in shame when he passes on some of the roads. Is the Sofoline interchange in Kumasi part of the infrastructure?
I will expand all social interventions introduced by my predecessor – most of the interventions, e.g. NHIS and free maternal care have collapsed and now maternal mortality is on the increase.
I will not be a globe-trotter like Kufuor – By the help of the Presidential Jet, Mills, together with Mahama, has travelled around the globe more than any Ghanaian leader. He went to Japan, made a u-turn for the Population Census and disappeared the following day. Similarly, he left for the US for 6 weeks, returned to Ghana for 3 days and went back to the US under the pretence of meeting investors during the Christmas period.
I will make full investigations into the serial killings of women that occurred between 1999 and 2000 – We are still waiting.
I will not introduce any new tax – Several new taxes, including Akpetshie, airport, and environmental taxes have been introduced.
I will wage war against narcotics trade – Cocaine turns into soda under Mills’ watch.
I will ensure free, fair, and peaceful elections – Biometric Voters’ Registration exercise has turned into violence. What happened at Akwatia, Chereponi, and Atiwa during the by-elections?
I will burn Ghana like Kenya if the elections go the other way – Fire outbreaks, mining disasters; floods have characterized the Mills-Mahama administration.
I will ensure a level playing field for the 2012 elections – Today some police officers are registering foreigners in Togo.
I will strengthen all state institutions – CHRAJ, EOCO, EC, PURC, GSS etc. – After 2 years of Population and Housing Census, figures are yet to be released. Ghana Statistical Service has been cooking inflation figures for the NDC government. Kwabena Adjei, NDC Chairman, threatened to ‘kill the cat’.
I will promote freedom of speech – This has been substituted with “causing fear and panic”. Nana Darkwah and Amina can tell you more about that.
I will pay professional allowance to all professional teachers – In the end, teachers who embarked on demonstration were sprayed with hot water. Others were stripped naked in Bawku.
I will form a government on expertise and competence, not party or family interests - Who are the ‘bootlickers’, ‘greedy bastards’, and the ‘Team B’ ministers? Why did the president sack Dr. Bawumia and Prof. Kwabena Frimpong Boateng?
I swear, try me and see. I will not disappoint you because I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth – Mansions are being built by President Mills through Regimanuel Estate and his Director of Communications describes them as “tokens”.
I am a better man for a better Ghana – If so, why the ‘ecomini’ and ‘omama’ pronunciations? Why did the party’s founder, J.J. Rawlings, refer to Mills as “Konogo Kaya”? The ‘Better Ghana’ agenda has turned into a ‘Better Volta’ agenda and Ghanaians are witnesses to this fact.
A new opinion poll by research outfit Synovate Ghana, formerly Steadman, offers some insight into how Ghanaian electorates feel about the president. The new opinion survey conducted between April 24 and May 10,2012 puts opposition New Patriotic Party flagbearer Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo ahead of President John Mills by eight percent if elections were held in May, 2012. Nana Akufo-Addo will leap in front with 44 percent lead ahead of President Mills garnered 36 percent of nation-wide votes. The survey said Nana Akufo-Addo won in six out of the 10 regions, whilst president Mills will won the other four. Both candidates got very high votes in their traditional strongholds of Volta and Ashanti. President Mills got 76 percent of the votes in the Volta Region as against Nana Akufo-Addo’s 17. In the Ashanti Region, the NPP flagbearer had 73 percent as against President Mills’ 22. In the swing regions of Greater Accra, Central, Western and Brong Ahafo regions, the survey finds that the NPP’s Akufo-Addo will win in all but one – the Central Region, where president Mills comes from.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 3:40am On Jun 26, 2012
Femoooo:

I think Mekusnwa is a fool for not facing the reality and for writing all of this rubbish. Ode oshi....

you are the bigger fool.why isnt this stupid professor f urs facing his own president who has plunged ghana in historic debt and yet so many fool will be just to willing to pick up their bb and write rubbish about gej.ghana president is worse than gej if u want to doubt me come see what ghana is turning to in just 4 years but do u think ghanians will allow u a nigerian to talk about their country anyhow or their president.it should be worth noting here that the average ghana man thinks a nigerian man is below him and that we are all rogues.i m not saying gej is perfect but certainly not as bad as ppl are painting him on this site

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by miky(m): 3:42am On Jun 26, 2012
Aringon: Though the President is too dull for my liking but the issue here is that, there are so many students and small boys on this forums that don't know jack and they are the ones insulting and calling people names.

Sorry for the future of Nigeria

yet the idiots were the one that voted him in.... watch the same idiots repeat the same thing in the next election, this time for another slowpoke because he/she is CHRISTIAN AND IGBO
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by miky(m): 3:43am On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

you are the bigger fool.why isnt this stupid professor f urs facing his own president who has plunged ghana in historic debt and yet so many fool will be just to willing to pick up their bb and write rubbish about gej.ghana president is worse than gej if u want to doubt me come see what ghana is turning to in just 4 years but do u think ghanians will allow u a nigerian to talk about their country anyhow or their president.it should be worth noting here that the average ghana man thinks a nigerian man is below him and that we are all rogues.i m not saying gej is perfect but certainly not as bad as ppl are painting him on this site

you know nigeria was once called the slave coast of africa!! no reasons a majority of its citizens still has the vibrant slave mentality ie: a foreigner is better than my kind!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by dayokanu(m): 3:57am On Jun 26, 2012
Even Ghanaians know that Retardeen Jonathan is a m0r0n
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 26, 2012
With all these hate for GEJ I am beginning to like him(the president). I hope to see the next person coming to that position. I think this man is far better than people think. Just there are too much people against him in taking actions which would compromised the survival of the nation.

Believe it or not, the Northern elites are bet on making sure this administration doesn't succeed in any way in moving the nation forward. Not only that, these are people who really have roots and power in the politics of Nigeria. The battle this president is fighting at the moment is beyond repair and moving the country forward but stay afloat in this sea of monsters from the North who are hungry for power to squander more of the resources not coming from their region.

I don't even see the Ghana professor as intelligent though. Insulting another nation president is tantamount to how much stupid he could be only to be praised by some morons here who are being chased out of Ghana. It baffles me who most silly Nigerians would complain of how they are being treated abroad only at home to be allow a stupid prof to pass insult on what is not of his concern. How many Nigeria profs have the right to insult the Ghanaian president. The Ghanaian prof is just a tool in the whole theatrical aggrandizement of his intellect. I think he should go home and have a rethink if he's been used by some group of people to pour insult on the president.

To those supporting this stray-puppet professor from Ghana should better think twice of how much Ghana has contributed to the propagating of passing recriminations on Nigerians. Look very guys, this professor is no way better than our Nigerian president and he can be in that position nor exercise any quality of leadership . I say to hell with him, to hell with the Ghanaian prof!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Charlyboy, Dino Melaye, Murray-Bruce Tape Their Mouths To Support 'NJIKO' / Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Peter Obi: Youths With Laptop In Nigeria Arrested, Others Give Laptops To Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.