Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Any Nigerian In Barbados? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Barbados? (24976 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Any Nigerian In Georgia? / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Niveakreamy89: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi good evening. Please I need information on child birth in babados. Can you help me please
seunny4lif:
Pls,do u knw hw to get to venezuela 4rm nigeria.Do u hav any ideal of airline going ther 4rm nigeria to venezuela witout transit visa.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by seunny4lif(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
I don’t know about Child birth but it’s expensive flying from Nigeria
Niveakreamy89:
Hi good evening. Please I need information on child birth in babados. Can you help me please
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by debopopson: 8:08am On Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone..does anybody have details as regards accommodation in barbados?
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by debopopson: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hi guys,

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Capital247: 3:36am On Jun 29, 2021
w

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Capital247: 3:40am On Jun 29, 2021
w
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by NotaMod: 5:09am On Jun 29, 2021
debopopson:
Hi guys,
I did alot of research but found nothing serious as regards childbirth in Barbados. So let me put in my experience so another person will not go through same stress.
1. Get a UK visa. I learnt that UK doesn't grant transit visa to Nigerians( I don't know of other countries)..so don't waste your money. Just do a visiting visa.
2. I entered BA from ABUJA TO BARBADOS. There was a layover of 21 hours in London. you are not allowed to enter if you are in transit. You will not pass through immigration. So from T5 you will will enter a train and join a bus to T2. T2 is the only place that you can do overnight layover. We slept at the airport.No overnight hotel. The transportation is free. As at the time I wrote this, it's only British Airways that is allowed to fly into London. However, if you are flying from Lagos..you won't have a long layover because BA flys from Lagos at night around 11pm (I think) but they fly around 8am/9am from Abuja
3. London to Barbados is an 8 hour journey
4. Landing in Barbados you will see a very crowdy hall depending on flights that just arrived.
5. Passing through immigration is a 50-50 chance. Don't allow someone /anybody deceive you. At least from what I saw.
6. Barbados is very expensive. If you don't have the cash, don't set out for it.
7. we were squeezed for an hour.asking questions, searching our bags,etc
8. we were stamped in for 2 weeks. We are allowed to extend it.
9. Immigration kept asking y pregnant women from Nigeria all of a sudden as started visiting Barbados.
am too tired to read to read what I typed. Apologies for any grammatical blunder.

I am available for ur questions. I only summarised.

Be safe out there. I appreciate your input.

Quick question, why Barbados? Why not St. Kitts? I'd think the latter is easier to get to and also a Jus soli country.

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by debopopson: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2021
Capital247:
Can you please share your experience on your journey to Barbados for birthing?

NotaMod:

Quick question, why Barbados? Why not St. Kitts? I'd think the latter is easier to get to and also a Jus soli country.

Hi hi NotaMod..Barbados still has the strongest passport in the Caribbean. Although St Kitts is still an option (I think)
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by YetundeAhmed: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Capital247: 11:41am On Jul 01, 2021
w
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by yemmywesey(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
NotaMod:

Please is st kitts visa free for Nigerians
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by NotaMod: 7:41am On Jul 11, 2021
debopopson:

Hi hi NotaMod..Barbados still has the strongest passport in the Caribbean. Although St Kitts is still an option (I think)

St Kitts passport isn't bad at all. Actually, for a second option, you wanna go with one which gives you the least stress. For a Nigerian passport holder, St Kitts is just less stressful to travel to than Barbados
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by NotaMod: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Barbados has been debating canceling the Jus Soli for years now. So. They definitely aren't that friendly to Birth tourism.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Mo2n: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2021
eddykelechianya:
Hello, when do you plan on going there?
my wife is travelling next month for delivery also.
we are looking for someone thats going there also for delivery, so she can have a partner.

Hello Eddy.

Please I wanto to confirm if your wife eventually gave birth in BBD. I need Infor please

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Samken2: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
I want to travel to Barbados
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Likah(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
eddykelechianya:

Hello, when do you plan on going there?
my wife is travelling next month for delivery also.
we are looking for someone thats going there also for delivery, so she can have a partner.

Hello @eddykelechianya,
Did your wife later go to Barbados and would you please be willing to share her experience with the delivery process with me. I am also exploring this option and I need some guidance
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Likah(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Mo2n:

Hello Eddy.

Please I wanto to confirm if your wife eventually gave birth in BBD. I need Infor please

Hello Mo2n ,

I would like some clarifications on birthing in Barbados. I also intend to explore this option. Would you be willing to share some information on your experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by staga: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Likah:

Hello Mo2n ,

I would like some clarifications on birthing in Barbados. I also intend to explore this option. Would you be willing to share some information on your experience

I can categorically tell you that this option is available. I met a Nigerian couple yesterday who are flying back this week with their baby, born here in Barbados.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Assurance20(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
staga:

I can categorically tell you that this option is available. I met a Nigerian couple yesterday who are flying back this week with their baby, born here in Barbados.

Please do you mind sharing info about relocation to Barbados,& like getting a permanent residence, not going there to hustle, I just need a country with adequate security & peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by LadyG93: 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, please is there anyone willing to share information on how to travel to BARBADOS from Nigeria or turkey as a Nigerian citizen ( i have a turkish resident permit so travelingfrom there is not a problem). I have checked all routes and a transit visa is required for USA, UK, Amsterdam, Canada or France.

Does anyone have alternative options on how to go there without transiting this countries as I believe getting a transit visa would be hard.

Also I need to be in Barbados between 10 to 18 of December 2021 as I have doctor appointment on the 18 before my EDD.

No information is too small or irrelevant. Kindly help please.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by sliksusan: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
the only best route you can pass without transit visa just buy Turkish airline for Istanbul to panama 1 ticket also buy copa airlines form panama to port of spain trinidad and tobago and form trinidad and tobago to Barbados with liat airlines all those ticket must be 1 ticket from panama to barbados them you have two ticket so that you can pass panama airport without problem

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by sliksusan: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
LadyG93:
Good afternoon everyone, please is there anyone willing to share information on how to travel to BARBADOS from Nigeria or turkey as a Nigerian citizen ( i have a turkish resident permit so travelingfrom there is not a problem). I have checked all routes and a transit visa is required for USA, UK, Amsterdam, Canada or France.

Does anyone have alternative options on how to go there without transiting this countries as I believe getting a transit visa would be hard.

Also I need to be in Barbados between 10 to 18 of December 2021 as I have doctor appointment on the 18 before my EDD.

the only best route you can pass without transit visa just buy Turkish airline for Istanbul to panama 1 ticket also buy copa airlines form panama to port of spain trinidad and tobago and form trinidad and tobago to Barbados with liat airlines all those ticket must be 1 ticket from panama to barbados them you have two ticket so that you can pass panama airport without problem
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by PrettyPink89: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
abzz889:

Hello pleaae die you get any information you can share?
Can I contact you?

Hello @prettyfranca how can I reach you,I am also planning on coming to Barbados for delivery and would like details on hospital,accommodation and point of entry.Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by PrettyPink89: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please do you have some information on this? Can I contact you?
YetundeAhmed:

Hi debopopson,
I would like to get more information about ur post in respect to ur experience in Barbados.

Kindly drop ur number or contact me via +234 80 746 096 29
Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by PrettyPink89: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Hello good evening, pls did you still go for delivery? Can I contact you for more information?.

Ijesco:

Great. Please can you provide details of the hospital, doctor and fees. Also accomodation and flight. Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by staga: 4:10am On Nov 10, 2021
LadyG93:

Only route for you now is as follows:

a) Lagos to London to Bridgetown. You need UK transit visa.
b) Lagos to Amsterdam, then non-stop KLM flight to Bridgetown (route just reopened two weeks ago after 20 years). You need Schengen transit visa.
c) Abuja to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Bridgetown with stopover at London. You will need transit visa for both UK and Schengen.

US stopped flights to Bridgetown last month because of rising COVID cases here. So any connections via US will not work for now. BTW, I live in Barbados at the moment under the Welcome stamp visa.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Chiall: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2021
staga:

Only route for you now is as follows:

a) Lagos to London to Bridgetown. You need UK transit visa.
b) Lagos to Amsterdam, then non-stop KLM flight to Bridgetown (route just reopened two weeks ago after 20 years). You need Schengen transit visa.
c) Abuja to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Bridgetown with stopover at London. You will need transit visa for both UK and Schengen.

US stopped flights to Bridgetown last month because of rising COVID cases here. So any connections via US will not work for now. BTW, I live in Barbados at the moment under the Welcome stamp visa.

Hello Staga, how is Barbados today? I will be in Barbados next week by God's grace . Please what is the best mode of transport from BGI to Bridgetown? I will be coming from the UK for tourism. Pls assist sir.
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by staga: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Chiall:

Hello Staga, how is Barbados today? I will be in Barbados next week by God's grace . Please what is the best mode of transport from BGI to Bridgetown? I will be coming from the UK for tourism. Pls assist sir.

Fill the immigration and customs forms at the Barbados government website. On landing at BGI, you will have to show it at the various points. before entry.

If you are vaccinated, you will be allowed off the airport to go anywhere as long as you have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of landing.

If you are not vaccinated, you will undergo a mandatory 7-day quarantine. You will receive a red band on your arm and a white tracker. You will be given a form at the port health section of the airport with which to record your temperature. You also have to download the BIMSafe app (before coming). At the airport, you will be met by an official who will help you set up the app. You will use the app's QR code reader to scan your white wrist tracker. That way, your location will be monitored on quarantine.

You will then take a taxi to your quarantine location with no stops whatsoever. Once you enter that location, you cannot leave except when going for your Day 5 test. Tests are taken at 3 government locations FREE of CHARGE. Most popular is Wildey's Gymnasium. Leave early as the lines are very long. Result comes out in 24 hours. If negative, the hotel staff will cut off the tracker and red band and you are free to move.
Please note that the US Dollar is also used here as a second currency. So make sure you have enough USD in cash and on your card to pay for food and stuff.

As per your questions, airport taxi is $Bds50 (USD 25). Max you will pay is 30 USD.

There are three modes of transport on the island.

a) BUS
There are three bus types. The long blue bus is the recently rolled out government air-conditioned buses. As you enter the bus, pay by dropping the exact amount inside the long mounted rod beside the driver before you take a seat. These buses do not give change.
There is the white bus with maroon stripe on its body. Then there are the yellow buses. You pay your fare to the conductor or driver. For all buses. the bus fares are 3.5 BBD to anywhere you are going irrespective of distance. The buses are all equipped with buttons you have to press before you get to your designated bus stop so the drivers can stop for you. Otherwise, tell the conductor or driver ahead of time where you are going and they will assist you.

b) Ride Hailing
The ride hailing app is PickUp Barbados. You can download it on the Google Play store. Ride hailing here is expensive. I personally only use it if I have to go somewhere really off a bus route, or I have to carry a lot of shopping stuff.

c) You can have the white taxi mini-buses and cabs. They all carry the taxi sign. You negotiate before the ride.

As a rule, all taxis and ride-hailing vehicles carry number plates that start with "Z". Also, please note that the observance of traffic rules here is 100%. You must be at a designated bus stop to enter or drop from a bus. Cars ALWAYS stop at zebra crossings for pedestrians to cross. The drivers obey traffic lights.

All their buses are very clean. The country is well policed. The police cars are very clean. Their police stations are like mansions, not like the scraps we have in Naija. The streets are super clean. You can't find garbage heaped anywhere. Electricity is 24/7, except when they have to do some maintenance. Water comes from the water board, treated and drinkable.

The way the Bajans speak English is like the Jamaicans. It is a form of Patois so you really have to strain your ears to understand them. Within a week or two, you will get a hang of it.

Don't be surprised if your PickUp cab is a Range Rover sport. Yes, the cars used for ride-hailing are very clean and exotic vehicles. Yesterday, a female driver picked me up with an SUV. It is very common here, yet these are things that our Naija people will be making noise over on Nairaland and on Twitter. Dem no go let us hear word. Let them know it now. The cars your celebrities love pasting all over social media are used as ride-hailing cabs in Barbados. If they like, let them travel and see.

I hope my short exposition has helped.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by Chiall: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
staga:

Fill the immigration and customs forms at the Barbados government website. On landing at BGI, you will have to show it at the various points. before entry.

If you are vaccinated, you will be allowed off the airport to go anywhere as long as you have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of landing.

If you are not vaccinated, you will undergo a mandatory 7-day quarantine. You will receive a red band on your arm and a white tracker. You will be given a form at the port health section of the airport with which to record your temperature. You also have to download the BIMSafe app (before coming). At the airport, you will be met by an official who will help you set up the app. You will use the app's QR code reader to scan your white wrist tracker. That way, your location will be monitored on quarantine.

You will then take a taxi to your quarantine location with no stops whatsoever. Once you enter that location, you cannot leave except when going for your Day 5 test. Tests are taken at 3 government locations FREE of CHARGE. Most popular is Wildey's Gymnasium. Leave early as the lines are very long. Result comes out in 24 hours. If negative, the hotel staff will cut off the tracker and red band and you are free to move.
Please note that the US Dollar is also used here as a second currency. So make sure you have enough USD in cash and on your card to pay for food and stuff.

As per your questions, airport taxi is $Bds50 (USD 25). Max you will pay is 30 USD.

There are three modes of transport on the island.

a) BUS
There are three bus types. The long blue bus is the recently rolled out government air-conditioned buses. As you enter the bus, pay by dropping the exact amount inside the long mounted rod beside the driver before you take a seat. These buses do not give change.
There is the white bus with maroon stripe on its body. Then there are the yellow buses. You pay your fare to the conductor or driver. For all buses. the bus fares are 3.5 BBD to anywhere you are going irrespective of distance. The buses are all equipped with buttons you have to press before you get to your designated bus stop so the drivers can stop for you. Otherwise, tell the conductor or driver ahead of time where you are going and they will assist you.

b) Ride Hailing
The ride hailing app is PickUp Barbados. You can download it on the Google Play store. Ride hailing here is expensive. I personally only use it if I have to go somewhere really off a bus route, or I have to carry a lot of shopping stuff.

c) You can have the white taxi mini-buses and cabs. They all carry the taxi sign. You negotiate before the ride.

As a rule, all taxis and ride-hailing vehicles carry number plates that start with "Z". Also, please note that the observance of traffic rules here is 100%. You must be at a designated bus stop to enter or drop from a bus. Cars ALWAYS stop at zebra crossings for pedestrians to cross. The drivers obey traffic lights.

All their buses are very clean. The country is well policed. The police cars are very clean. Their police stations are like mansions, not like the scraps we have in Naija. The streets are super clean. You can't find garbage heaped anywhere. Electricity is 24/7, except when they have to do some maintenance. Water comes from the water board, treated and drinkable.

The way the Bajans speak English is like the Jamaicans. It is a form of Patois so you really have to strain your ears to understand them. Within a week or two, you will get a hang of it.

Don't be surprised if your PickUp cab is a Range Rover sport. Yes, the cars used for ride-hailing are very clean and exotic vehicles. Yesterday, a female driver picked me up with an SUV. It is very common here, yet these are things that our Naija people will be making noise over on Nairaland and on Twitter. Dem no go let us hear word. Let them know it now. The cars your celebrities love pasting all over social media are used as ride-hailing cabs in Barbados. If they like, let them travel and see.

I hope my short exposition has helped.

Bros thanks for the indept explanation. I am really grateful. I will download the ride hailing app as you have said. Yes. I am fully vaccinated and will be spending just 4 days in Barbados then return back to London via Toronto . I have just 3 weeks to vacation, so I have to spend it wisely. I am so grateful bros. Possibly I might check on you if you don't mind. Bros this your explaination sweet my belle. As for the way they speak, you are very correct. I spoke with my reservation host yesterday and got that Jamaican tone, but in all , we understood each other perfectly. Abeg bros anywhere to eat Naija food there?
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by rainbowlady: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
LadyG93:

Hello @LadyG93, I applied for 6 months UK visa as transit visa might be difficult. Please would you be able to share your hospital and Doctor's info. Info is really scarce here.

Thank you very much in advance. We could birthing buddies wink
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by mamanababy(f): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=rainbowlady post=107625908]

Hello @LadyG93, @rainbowlady @staga
please i would be grateful on any information concerning hospital and doctors

also i heard they deported a pregnant woman recently , please can you confirm how true this is

thank you in anticipation of your swift response
Re: Any Nigerian In Barbados? by staga: 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=mamanababy post=107757188][/quote]

What exactly do you want to know? There is nothing like "any information". You have to be specific with your request.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Tired; Heading To Finland. / Young Man's Head Smashed By A Speeding Driver In Edo State. Graphic Photos / Fire Guts Petrol Tanker, Stationary Trucks In Mile 2, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.